JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Metalchicks - Need Your Love

Author Topic: Learn Japanese  (Read 60264 times)

Offline WingZero84

• Member+
Re: Basic Japanese (hiragana, katakana, etc)
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »
  Arigato  :)

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Learning Japanese
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »
I just found these and thought they would help someone.  Different way to learn, but fun. 

Volume 1  http://www.twitter.com/?d=JBS29SE9     

Volume 2  http://www.twitter.com/?d=PHSXBO95                                                                                                     

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Learning Japanese
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
I have all kinds of software, books, and audio for learning Japanese.  If anyone needs anything, request it here, and I will upload it to you.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 09:26:49 PM »
i'll go try it, seems to be something interesting, then again I took formal lessons a while ago so I know some and hopefully it works to my own vocabulary
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 01:04:18 AM »
I found this one very interesting.  It's basic stuff really, but I had to start somewhere.  I am still trying Pimsleur, but with mixed feelings.  Rosetta Stone just didn't do it for me.  I think you need alittle bit of experience before trying that.  If I could find a good teacher, that would be the way to go.  I just love the language, and thought I could teach myself.  These tools do help alittle, but patience and a good memory are a must.

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 05:17:42 AM »

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 01:34:29 PM »
Nothing can replace hours of kanji grind, really.

Rosetta Stone et al don't really help with a language like Japanese.

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2010, 01:08:33 AM »
Very cool.  I want to learn to read and write Japanese.  There is so much stuff here, it looks possible.  First, I want to be able to speak fluently, then tackle the writing.  This looks like a great thread to come back to.

Offline dunderkarlsson

• ecchi
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 01:59:52 PM »
Very cool.  I want to learn to read and write Japanese.  There is so much stuff here, it looks possible.  First, I want to be able to speak fluently, then tackle the writing.  This looks like a great thread to come back to.
Indeed it does. Thanks to all who have contributed in this thread, it's appreciated.

Offline novemberbug

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 07:09:10 AM »
Rosetta stone might help, especially to kick the start off.
But there is no EASY way to learn a foreign language.
If there is for Japanese, that's anime.

Offline Takuya7

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »
is this a movie or an audio?

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
I'm in the process of teaching myself - wish I had the option of having a teacher

I've got language software, the Japanese coach DS game, all the music and videos I have, and various other things to try to immerse myself while here. I intend to go to Japan in the near future - ....so I hope I will learn there.

Offline grenadier

• ecchi
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
I usually use this website

Japanese dictionary
http://jisho.org/

Offline grenadier

• ecchi
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »
is this a movie or an audio?

if you want some video, i think you can search at veoh.com about learning japanese

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
ProVoc is a great program to use for memorising words/kanji! It helped me a lot through my studies. You can make your own word lists, or there are downloadable ones. It's probably better to make your own, though. The program has a quiz feature! .... it's only available for Mac, though XD

So does anyone keep japanese blogs or something to try and get some practice in? I've studied Japanese for three years at university level. I passed the JLPT Level 3 with flying colours, but my writing/speaking skills are absolutely horrendous xD; I'm able to read and understand pretty well, but I really truly suck at making up my own sentences. I guess it's mostly lack of confidence, since I obviously know the grammar... but yeah. I need practice @_@

I'm going to Japan in the end of July, and will be gone through all of August \0/, so because of this I'm currently revising three years worth of Japanese studies :lol: ... or trying to anyway. I created an ameba blog (ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT xD) where I'll try to write short simple updates to get to use my Japanese some before I leave. Would be awesome to connect to other Japanese learners so that we could comment on each other and uhm.. discuss difficulties we're having? Haha ^^;

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »
http://ameblo.jp/takalicious/

It's supposed to be my secret blog for translations and stuff, but I haven't done anything in a good while because most interviews are crap. :lol: I'll drop you a comment later, twissie.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
I used to come here for my japanese kanji drills http://japaneseclass.jp/

its pretty fun to do plus I'm a sucker for anything with EXP points. I was power leveling like nuts then got burned out XD. Overall its a really good site to start your kanji drilling

Offline U.S.S. John E. Badass

• Café 俺
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Let them eat Québec
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »
If all the cool kids were jumping off a bridge, I'd start a blog too: http://ameblo.jp/miracle-u. I don't know what I intend to post there (probably string or nothing), but if I comment I'm not just a random dude.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 11:57:31 PM »
Oh hey, anyone have any recommendations when it comes to electronic dictionaries? I have a very simple Casio Ex-word. It's good for looking up Japanese words I don't know, but not very good for looking up English words and getting suggestions for Japanese translations.

I've been using my DS with the lovely 漢字そのまま楽引辞典 for looking up kanji I don't know (when reading printed stuff, online I use Rikai), but I'd love to get an electronic dictionary with integrated touch pad for looking up kanji @_@;/
Any and all recommendations welcome. I know there's a jungle of electronic dictionaries available, and I'm kind of scared of getting into all that again. I was so overwhelmed the last time I went 電子辞書shopping! xD;;;

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:20 AM »
Am I the only one that likes Anki?

also loev zkanji

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Metalchicks - Need Your Love