JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Everything

Author Topic: Morning Musume - 11th generation auditions announced  (Read 24628 times)

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
Re: Morning Musume - 11th generation auditions announced
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
ハロプロ!TIME 最終回 2012.05.31
31/05 H!P Time
Sohee at JPLOP translated:

What kind of girl do you want to join?

Sayumi: Someone who likes singing would be nice.
Reina: Any kind of girl is okay. But, it'd be nice with someone easy-going that's easy to talk to and such.
Mizuki: Someone who loves Morning Musume.
Erina: I feel grateful just for that they will take the audition so... any kind of girl is fine.
Riho: Personally I want someone older (than me) to join.
Kanon: Someone who can keep up a good balance in the middle of how Morning Musume will be from now on.
Haruna: Someone who has good manners.
Ayumi: A person who does something seriously/throughout once she does it.
Masaki: I'm not one to say something really, but I'd like someone dependable to join.
Haruka: Someone who's like 10ki's Iikubo, Ishida, Satou, Kudou all together

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline furafura

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
lmao at Riho's reaction  XD

>>

I don't think they want to put Karin in Morning Musume, I mean she didn't get to audition for 9th gen right? (at leastI don't recall seeing her during the audition) So I doubt they would let her join now cause they could've put her in the group along with Fuku-chan if they really do plan on adding her to the group but then again I can almost see Tsunku after announcing the new girls being like wait there's MORE and then adds Karin to Morning Musume.
Quote from: Estrea
If the audition title is any indication, I think Tsunku is really looking for a strong singer. He managed to get a dance powerhouse in each gen for the last two, but in terms of singing ability all of them are average at best. I mean, I love the new kids, but only Fukuchan and Kuduu came in with slightly above average vocals among their gen-mates, and while I love Riho to bits and she is improving at a stunning rate, she still needs time to fill that gap left behind by first Ai's departure and then Gaki's. I like Reina but her singing can't carry a whole group, and Sayu isn't even in this equation, awesome as she is otherwise.

I would say they need another powerful singer to carry the range that the current members can't fill.
I totally agree. After seeing the video performance of the 50th single, it's like they didn't even give the 'new' Morning Musume a chance to show what they could do and let them sing instead of going crazy with the damn auto-tuning effects.  :bleed eyes:

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »
But Tsunku hasn't put a competent vocalist in MM since Linlin, Reina if you wanna go back to new auditionees.

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
^Point being that Tsunku hasn't put in interesting people since 6th gen, and I must say, 9th and 10th are pretty darn hilarious, a throwback to the old Momusu as variety idols. (This is not to say that Koharu, Aika, Junjun and Linlin were not interesting, they are just not as sidesplittingly funny on TV as compared to the new kids)

It's all speculation of course. Tsunku could troll us all and leave us with yet another girl we have no idea how she made it through the auditions long enough to join. And then watch us whine like crazy and then be won over after a year or two because Tsunku double-trolls us by showing his scary foresight in how a girl will develop (see Koharu, went from scrawny brat who cannot sing to hot girl...who still cannot sing. But at least the level went from unbearable to marginally tolerable).

Or we could actually see real talent picked up for once. It all lies upon a whim of that wonderful troll named Tsunku. Sigh. XD

Still excited for the audition videos though. Because of all the opportunity it gives us to bitch speculate over who will make it in. XD I'm a horrible person who likes this sort of spectacle, so yup. :D Can't wait!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »
Does anyone else think "competent vocalist" is too strong a term here?
That implies that everyone else Max didn't mention is an "incompetent vocalist".
And I'd hardly call Aika, Riho, Fukuchan, or Haruka "incompetent".

If you meant "great vocalist", then maybe you have a point.
But with the exception of Linlin (and Miki, but she doesn't exactly apply), I wouldn't describe any members since about 1998 as "great vocalists" when they just started.
Even the great Takahashi Ai and Goto Maki had things standing in the way of vocal greatness at the start.
You could make a case for Kago Ai being a great vocalist at the start, but it's pretty clear we're not talking about "competence" anymore.

At an early stage of being a fan, I decided Morning Musume was about growth and improvement rather than sheer "talent" and skill.
That attitude has served me well and I wish that more people would see that as Morning Musume's true nature instead of complain.

For "talent" and polish, maybe you're better off with Avex, K-pop, or acts from the US.
Unless you like being constantly disappointed, you may as well go that way instead of just bitching about it.
As long as the new girls are entertaining, I'll be happy.

So bring on the "untalented" girls!
I'm sure I'll love them, despite any haters they may garner.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 12:56:43 AM »
Top Yell magazine included an article about the new auditions and mentions some Eggs who are auditioning

Kaneko Rie
Tanabe Nanami
Takagi Sayuki
Miyamoto Karin
Kosuga Fuyuka

Source: http://haropro-spam.tumblr.com/post/26647287439/hp-trainees-audition-for-morning-musumes-11th-gen

Take that with a grain of salt because I can barely see the article  XD KARINNNNNNNNN.
rina ♥ mini

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
Kosuga Fuyuka
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

1 - joins and passes auditions to be part of the 2nd gen of S/mileage.

2 - forced to withdraw from S/mileage due to health issues.

3 - re-joins H!P as an Egg/trainee.

4 - joins auditions for MM's 11th gen

5 - ???

How awesome would that be for her if she passed this?
:wahaha:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 03:58:05 AM »
^ More excuse to bring this up again! XD
Time for a Dawa conspiracy
Hopefully her anemia isn't a problem anymore, regardless of her winning or not.

Okay, so this time for sure we know Karin is in the running. I still remember all the noise about her not being a finalist or selected for 10th gen only to find out that she might not have even tried out for it. Again, at this point I'm still not sure if I wanna see her in or not (adding value to Momusu versus being better suited for something else).

I see the Golden Child a.k.a Young Money (Kaneko/金子, get it?) is in this as well. If she wins, does she get Aichan's gold-ish yellow? :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 04:04:54 AM »
The first round of auditions has ended, the second will be from July 15th-30th.
rina ♥ mini

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 03:07:05 PM »
Does that mean that we'll have 11th gen at the end of  the fall tour?

EEEEEEeeeee!! I'm so exicted for the audition! I looooove the process and the speculating and.. not really the disapointment when tsunku chooses the "hopeless" girls. =D But the last two times he also took my favorites.
I'm hoping for atleast 2 girls. To add 4 more would be a bit much, and the one person-gens always seems so lonely. I'm also rooting for Karin to join. She would be awesome in Momusu. She seems really forward, happy and smiles a lot. 

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:34 PM »
TSUNKU SPEAKS AT LAST  :panic:

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11318532758.html

Round 3 and then training camp is up next! He's tweeted previously about the quality of the girls this time around and it seems he's still impressed. Based on his entry, it seems like there are some interesting personalities. I hope we get some more talkative girls this time around!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:28:12 AM by Rina the Robot »
rina ♥ mini

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
the one person-gens always seems so lonely

Both one person gens have been super epic though [/Koharu fanboy].  XD

To add 4 more would be a bit much

Imo, adding four persons is the only way to go. I can totally picture it; generation battles on variety shows, easy to split into units, reminiscent of 15-nin MM (one of the best eras imo). On the other hand, I quite like this group as it is now, so adding new girls can upset the balance of power. It only takes one girl I don't really like to lessen my interest... but worries about that. Tsunku better pic awesome girls. lol

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »
Tsunku better pick awesome girls. lol

I'm usually pretty hesitant, worrying about whether he'll pick someone who seemingly needs a lot of grooming but I actually trust him this time around. It seems like there's a strong batch of girls to choose from. Plus I love the 9th and 10th gen girls, I haven't been this interested in Momusu in years. I don't really mind how many girls get picked but I'd like to see someone around Harunan's age (and I want Karin added but that's another story  :P)

As long as they're lively like the other new girls, I guess anything would work for me.
rina ♥ mini

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:44 AM »
Found this:

Quote from: haropro-spam
Potential 11th gen finalist?!

A tweet was found recently from a girl who revealed that she’s unsure of whether or not to continue into the next round of 11th gen auditions.

2ch has dug up info on her:

Taniguchi Yuna
(Click for her twitter)

17 years old
    She is from Osaka
    She’s a NMB48 fan
    Also a Johnny’s fan

She has apparently been receiving positive and negative feedback, which is why she has made her twitter account more private.

Here you can see that another person has notified Tsunku about the situation, to which he replied by saying “Who?”.

Many people are thinking that she may be kicked out of the audition for violating the rules, just as another participant was kicked out of the final round of 9th gen auditions for blogging about making it to training camp. While Yuna did not technically reveal her name (which is what she’s covering in the first picture), this may still count as a violation. Even if she does not show up in the finals, we may never know if she was not allowed to pass, or if she really did just decide not to participate.

Here are some pictures of her found on Twitter:

Found here => http://haropro-spam.tumblr.com/post/29567659696/potential-11th-gen-finalist

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »
Hu, I heard in the awesome jphip chat from the Japanese master Slack that the reason she got negative feedback at 2ch was that she made it seem that she auditioned for MM just for lulz and her attitude was like "rofl, no way I'm going to this thing". Like she was looking down on Momusu and only auditioned in a troll way. I find it hilarious that those people on tumblr seem to be rooting for her and appear to be sad that she might be disqualified. THE GIRL DOESN'T CARE. In fact, it seems she's a bit of a bitch.

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF I GOT IT WRONG but I really don't think anyone should be shedding tears for this girl... I don't think she deserves our attention at all, but should be buried and forgotten lol
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
I can't necessarily speak for others' feelings about the girl, but Shirenu quoted my explanation of the impression I got from her tweet.
That this girl was dismissing her golden ticket to the third round with such seeming disrespect made me livid for a good few minutes.

But then I took a step back and thought about it.

I was honestly surprised at how negatively even I was reacting, and I have to say, I didn't feel too good about it afterwards.
As a result of the 2ch fallout, she was scared enough to erase that tweet, post an apology, then make her account protected.

Imagine you tweeted something ironic or sarcastic, thinking the only people who will ever see it are your friends, who are your only followers.
Then you find a thread on a discussion board with hundreds of negative replies calling your character into question, just for the content of that tweet.
The only way I can describe such a situation is "disturbing".

I'm sure there's lots of girls who don't really care about Morning Musume but just audition for the hell of it, unaware of how seriously the hardcore fans take the audition process.
In our world of social media, it's just a bad decision that led to this whole thing coming to light and spiraling out of control.
The internet can be a scary and brutal place, and in hindsight I wouldn't be surprised if this girl was a little traumatized by this incident.

A girl makes a decision to post something that she thought would be a semi-private thing just shared with her friends.
That so many latched onto it and reacted as they did makes me feel kind of sick, as this judgmental attitude only shows the worst of our fandom.
Even more upsetting is that I was guilty myself of this knee-jerk reaction.

At this point, I'm not upset at this girl anymore -- I just feel sorry for her.
And yes, I kind of want to forget the whole thing happened.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:45:56 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:20 PM »
I was a bit rage-y when I read about the girl. Then I read the last post from Slack and, yeah, I'm apparently a hardcore fan that takes this audition-thing for momusu a bit serious. But then I thougt about it and, yes, it's not like a lot of people auditions for shows like "Idol" or American Idol and the likes just for the lulz, so why would I be angry when someone does the same thing in Japan, for my favorite girl group.

It's very understandable that she shares it with her friends who probably are her only followers on twitter and laughs a bit about it. It's not like I wasn't really stupid and wrote stupid stuff when I was 17. (not saying she is stupid, I obviously dont know her, just saying I didn't always think thorougly before I posted stuff.) Only difference is that Internet wasnt as big and global then (-97), if you know what I mean.   

One thing that really would be funny is that if she decides to stick with it and becomes a part of 11gen. And likes it.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »
Quote from: haropro-spam
11th Gen Audition news on upcoming Hello! Satoyama Life episode

TV Tokyo’s description
for the next episode of Hello! Satoyama Life (airing on August 23rd) says that there will be a report of the recent H!P Concert, plus some news about the 11th gen ‘Suppin Utahime’ auditions.

It is unknown if there will only be a small amount of news, like when the winners will be announced, or if there could be a little footage to tease us. Hopefully they will jump right into the footage from the later rounds!

http://haropro-spam.tumblr.com/post/29873677863/11th-gen-audition-news-on-upcoming-hello-satoyama-life

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
tuned in to keyhole tv just in time for the audition footage.

saw some eggs, mogi, fuu-chan, and sakura..i think  :lol:

Edit:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:25:47 PM by oaxiac »

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
More pics from 2ch:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Everything