JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - UTAKATA SATA DE NIGHT!!

Author Topic: [News] Erina Mano to graduate from Hello! Project in February 2013  (Read 8709 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
http://hellosayunii.com/2012/07/21/mano-erina-to-graduate-from-hp-this-february/
It has just been announced at today’s H!P Summer concert tour performance that H!P soloist Mano Erina will be graduating from H!P this upcoming February.
And confirmation from a fan in Japan:
https://twitter.com/teyucheng/status/226572316719579136

EDIT: Link to the official announcement:
http://www.helloproject.com/news/1207211800_mano.html

:shocked
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:12:43 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [News] Erina Mano to graduate from Hello! Project in February 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:16:57 AM »
I am shocked but I think it might be a way to pave her way into the future, she has enough all-around skills to get out there and eliminate the pure idol aspect

Good luck to her future endeavors! :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If it's from Terrie. I believe it now.... DAMN................

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »
And now official word too.

http://www.helloproject.com/news/1207211800_mano.html

I'll probably comment later.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline linlin

• major dysthymic
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »
totally unexpected :huhuh
I had always thought she'd be around a few more years.
Guess she's going into acting?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »
coming fast and furious. Official news reports:

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/24625/
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2014601/full/

revelation from the crowd in the oricon article:

イベントで、モーニング娘。らハロプロメンバーとメドレーを繰り広げた真野は、この日集まった約2400人のファンに「2013年お正月のハロー!プロジェクトのコンサート、そして2月23日に、東京・中野サンプラザで開催予定のソロコンサートをもって、ハロー!プロジェクトを卒業することになりました」と報告。会場からはサプライズ発表に「えーっ!」という驚きの声が響いた。

In the event, Morning Musume. Hello Pro members and held a medley Mano La, on February 23, solo concert will be held at Nakano Sun Plaza in Tokyo on about 2,400 fans gathered on this day "and concerts, Hello! Project of New Year 2013 reported as "now that have, to graduate from Hello! Project. Voice of surprise from the audience that "! E~tsu" surprise announcement sounded.

Like she wanted to expand her music range? acting? baffling these graduations always....

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »
And her blog too: http://ameblo.jp/manoerina-official/entry-11308253007.html

Quote from: 2012-07-21 18:00:57
真野恵里菜に関する大事なお知らせ
テーマ:ブログ
 いつも真野恵里菜を応援頂きありがとうございます。
真野恵里菜に関して大事なお知らせをさせて頂きます。
真野恵里菜は2013年2月23日をもって、
ハロー!プロジェクトを卒業する事をご報告させて頂きます。

これまで同様、今後ともハロー!プロジェクト及び真野恵里菜を応援の程、
何卒宜しくお願いいたします。

つんく♂からのコメント

真野恵里菜に関して

ハロプロエッグとして彼女が加入してきたのが2006年6月。

最初はダンスも歌も超不安定で、いつも他のメンバーの影に隠れてくにゃくにゃしてる印象でした。

そんな彼女でしたが、音楽ガッタスの一員として活動し始めたころ、
ダンスをするためのカラダの細かい筋肉の付け方のアドバイスをしてから
数ヶ月後に行われたコンサートで、一気にダンス力を上げてきました。

きっと陰での努力の結果でしょう。

そう思っていた頃に、レコードメーカーからソロデビューに向けて真野を育てて行きたいという声がかかり、彼女は音楽ガッタスを卒業しソロシンガーの道に進んでいくことになりました。

そして、インディーズでの活動が認められメジャーデビュー。

Hello!Projectの中でも当時唯一のソロだったので、寂しさや不安感もすごくあったと思います。
それでも弱音一つ吐かず、本当にポジティブガールだったと思います。
(言葉に出さない分、ちょっとお肌に影響してる頃もあったけどね。笑)

2009年3月のメジャーデビューから3年4ヶ月が経ち、このたび、2013年の正月ハロー後の自身のソロライブにて、Hello!Projectを卒業させる事にいたしました。

この夏のハローを見ていただければわかると思いますが、
彼女の今のリズム感含め、パフォ—マンス力がすごく上がってきています。

このノリノリのままHello!Projectを卒業していくのはすごく良い事だと思います。
次への良いステップとなるでしょう。

卒業後は芝居に歌にさらに新しい事含めてどんどんチャレンジしていって
ほしいと思います。

卒業までの約7ヶ月は、さらに成長し「かっこよい真野恵里菜」状態で卒業し、
その後「新・真野恵里菜」になって皆様の前に登場してくれると思います。

それまで、皆様どうぞ、真野恵里菜及びHello!Projectの応援を
何卒よろしくお願いいたします!

2012年7月21日
Hello!Project プロデューサー つんく♂

真野恵里菜からのコメント

いつも応援ありがとうございます。
私、真野恵里菜は2013年正月のハロー!プロジェクトコンサート及び、2月23日に中野サンプラザで開催予定のソロコンサートをもって、ハロー!プロジェクトを卒業することにしました。

今年の初めからつんく♂さんやスタッフの方々と今後の仕事について話を重ねてきました。

今後は自分の可能性をより追求して、今まで以上に歌やお芝居の表現の幅を広げられるよう頑張っていきたいと思っています。

ソロで活動するようになって約4年、ハロー!プロジェクトの歴史と比べるととても浅いですが、色々な事を経験しました。
憧れだったハロー!プロジェクトに入ることができて、ソロデビューすることができて、嬉しい事、楽しい事、時には悔しい事もありました。

これからはその夢や目標に向かって、今まで以上に果敢にチャレンジして自分の手で掴み取りたいです。

これからも変わらず、真野恵里菜を見守っていただけたら嬉しいです。

今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

2012年7月21日
真野恵里菜

WHOA. SHIT got real. I feel like following the Dwight Howard trade rumors except. well. lol

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:10:30 PM »
As one of the more hardcore Manofriends here, this announcement comes as a shock but at the same time it's not entirely surprising to me.

Manochan is getting older, hotter, and most of the time it seems like she acts more than sings.
I've been saying for a while now that she's the best, most experienced actress H!P has.
But still, that's not enough for her to have a future as an actress, which is where I think her career has been headed for several years now.

Being an idol puts serious restrictions on the kinds of roles you're considered for as well as what you can do during them.
When Sayu was in that recent cell-phone drama where she plays the promiscuous younger sister of the main character, there were problems on the set with how some scenes could be done.
The way I heard it, she flat out refused to be kissed in a certain scene due to her idol status, which caused some friction with the production staff.
Even though I saw some screencaps of her in a kissing scene and her in bed next to a guy, there's no onscreen lip contact and certainly no sex scene.
In fact, I think the only times I've seen an active H!P member in such scenes have been in lesbian situations... but that's another discussion entirely.

The fact is, Manochan has been becoming like a hybrid actress-idol for a while and idols have an expiration date, but actresses don't.
In order to give her a shot at an acting career afterward, there must be a departure from being an idol.
Given her acting chops, how undeniably photogenic/hot she is, and the recent direction and imagery of her singles, this timing is as good as any.
If she wants to show that she's more than just an idol, the sooner she gets on that the better.

The 7 month lead-up time between announcement and graduation also says to me that this is a deliberate decision and not one caused by any scandal or unexpected circumstances.
If it were, the timeframe is much shorter, anywhere from a day to a couple of months.
Instead, her lead-up time is quite similar to Aichan's, which lets everyone have the proper time to prepare.
Rather than having a random press release out of the blue, making this announcement during the first concert reinforces how intentional this is.

Plus, just as Aichan's graduation the space open for Riho to fill, Manoeri's departure leaves a spot for a new soloist.
When H!P has just a single moderately popular soloist, it's near-impossible to add another one without cannibalizing her market.
In fact, I think this was a big factor in having Kikka debut outside of H!P.
(It was different in the past when all the soloists were pretty popular.)

So basically, I think this is a signal that we may be in for a new solo act.
She may debut soon after Manochan's graduation, a little before it, or possibly even at that concert.
In any case, I believe it will be sometime around her graduation.
As for who it will be, even though I wouldn't bet on it, I still have my fingers crossed for Karin.

So basically, it comes down to this.
1. Manochan needs to leave behind being an idol in order to pursue her acting career, which she's shown considerable talent for.
2. 7 months forewarning means this is a deliberate decision, not one brought on by any unexpected event.
3. Having her graduate leaves space for a new, younger soloist to have her chance.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:32:58 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »
So that's why it started to suddenly rain so heavily here... :cry:

I really like Mano-chan. She has kept such a likeable image as a classic-type idol. Excelling in singing, dancing and acting. Able to go from the pure cute girl side of the spectrum way over to hot "killer-eyes" babe. And getting solid results everywhere. I don't check her sales much, but I've found each one of the songs in her discography interesting and likeable in some way. Just think what stuff she's done this year~ :oops: I can't think of anyone that's even near her level as an idol. :thumbup

I was kinda hoping to see Mano in H!P for a few more years and doing a Maki. Turn all evil and sexy, join avex then do hot MVs in toilets. (hey, she can still do that!) :twisted:
Actually, nah. Seriously I've always wanted to see Mano doing acting for real. Like totally focus on acting.
Whatever the hell she's doing, just hope we'll still get to see her as much and active after the grad.

Like Slack says. It's the natural advancement of idols. Grads are imminent and nothing to be sad about. I've been checking here every day for the past 2 years expecting Reina to, touch wood, announce her grad. And I'm happy she's basically been going like :P to all the people thinking that~ It'll come someday, but she's doing a great run and I'm loving every day of it.
Still, I'll have a tiny hole in my soul half a year later. Guess I'll have to stick Hello Kitty and Jigglypuff there until the next true idol comes around. XD

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
A simple Google Translate analysis of the official announcement and the news articles indicate that Mano's been planning this since the beginning of this year. I guess we should've seen this coming...not just with her age and the nature of most of her recent work, but also her latest single pretty much told us to our faces what to expect:
An article providing some insight behind the concept of "black" and "white" Mano:
http://www.kawaii-girl.jp/feature/20522?lang=en

The tearing/burning of the idol posters, the emotionally natural Black Mano attempting to stop the two-dimensional White Mano who doesn't even actually exist...this is her transformation being spelled out for us.

Graduation announcements are always a shock, especially regarding those who you'd hope would stick around for at least a little bit longer (contrast with the Aichan and Gaki grads, which had more of a "it's about damn time" feel due to their tenure), but everything Slack says makes perfect sense. She wants to expand her career and being stuck in the idol world will only hold her back.

With the upcoming Momusu and Reina band auditions promising fresh new faces and the recent "Satoyama Movement" units popping up, it seems only natural that some serious shuffling would be going on in the H!P world. On the bright side, all signs seem to be pointing to this being the last major departure for a while (not counting the possibility of Reina's band leading to bigger things for her)...while there are several H!P members of similar age to Mano with much longer tenures, the amount of attention and success ther respective groups are seeing this year seems to indicate staying put to be the most logical decision for them, so KNOCK ON WOOD. :nervous

And yeah, the soloist void definitely needs to get filled.

ねぇ、笑って?

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
^ Wonderfully put. It's a shame, though. I was never too big a fan of hers, but it was only recently that I was warming up to her. A real shame. Hopefully she continues acting, though =]

I wish her luck on her future endeavors!! Gotta continue supporting that MANOBUTT <3

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I swear, I can't go on trips, someone always graduates...)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »

Post 5600 dedicated to a wonderful and charming young woman, Erina Mano.....

Have enjoyed every single moment of Mano chan at Hello!Project, her acting, her cosplay mania, being backed up by the S/mileage girls in the early singles, to her more recent PV's. Funny, cute, sexy as she wants to be, Mano Erina has it going on big time.

Hopefully this leads to her growing as an actress, and that she can concentrate on the projects that she wants to do.....as others in this thread have suggested being a Hello!Project Idol, never mind being the lead soloist, is a 150% time occupying job, and a bit difficult to develop as an actress freely with those kind of demands.

These next few months will be time for fans and Erina to cherish the final months of her being an H!P Idol, and it is a shame that Saki Ogawa and Yuuka Maeda are not still active, because seeing the original four S/mileage members saying goodbye to their Sempai at the future graduation would be a four tissue box cryfest at the minimum.

But too early to think about tears right now, just a chance to enjoy Erina as a member of H!P for these next few months, and then to back her as she seeks to go forward on her path.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
I wonder if this makes it safe for Sayu and Reina?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
Pretty much anything/everything I would have said has been said already...other than "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww :( " that is.

Dare I say, with all that has already been said about her wanting to "expand her horizons/try newer things" that she may not necessarily be able to do unless she steps out completely on her own, I'm sort of reminded of how (Matsuura) Aya was trying to grow up and move away from the "Ayaya" idol image. The only real difference here seems to be while Aya wanted to grow/mature as a singer, Erina seems to be looking more towards the acting side of things. As such, it might be easier then for Erina to make the transition from "idol" to "actress" than it was for Aya to be taken seriously as a "singer" (which, as we all know, is likely at least partially due to many fans not wanting to accept her as anything but "Ayaya").

If it does turn out that the large lead-up time to her graduation is to help establish/break in a new soloist......then the question is, who will that be?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »
I agree with everything that's been said, especially Slack's comment. I think Manoeri can have a great career as an actress and maybe she'll end up doing well outside of the idol world given that she's already had experience acting with some Johnny's members (which might lead to some roles because she's not considered a threat or whatever?)

That aside, I really enjoyed her as an idol but she's well suited for acting and I wish her nothing but the best from now on!
rina ♥ mini

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 10:06:30 PM »
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If it's from Terrie. I believe it now.... DAMN................

so is it time to pimp Sayaka's solo act ?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 11:25:02 PM »
I kinda feel sad because I thought Mano's music had a sort of signature style (even if some of her tracks are very different, it's weird, they all have a "Mano feeling" to me) and that is rare even in H!P - I mean say what u want but a lot of tracks could be interchangeable between different groups... Musically, I actually think we'll be missing out a little bit, even if a lot of people don't seem to find Mano the most skilled singer... :P Unless someone takes over after her, of course!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »
Graduation concert will be on February 23rd at Nakano Sun Plaza:
http://www.helloproject.com/event/1211031100_live_mano.html
I can't believe it's been a few months since the announcement already. Soon the final show will be over before we know it...

I kinda feel sad because I thought Mano's music had a sort of signature style (even if some of her tracks are very different, it's weird, they all have a "Mano feeling" to me) and that is rare even in H!P - I mean say what u want but a lot of tracks could be interchangeable between different groups...
I wonder if that's because it's not Tsunku doing the writing/composition for her songs. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 02:25:37 PM »
I'll be there tomorrow:

Don't forget that you can catch it on Nico Live!

First show:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv122714796

Graduation show:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv122715103

(not sure if you have to pay nico points or whatever to watch though.)
I'm going to do a big post about all of it afterwards in the Mano Erina thread for my 3600th post.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - UTAKATA SATA DE NIGHT!!