JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Home Made Kazoku - Life Goes On & On

Author Topic: [Movie] Cold War《寒战》(2012)  (Read 8606 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[Movie] Cold War《寒战》(2012)
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:03:42 AM »

Plot
One of the most promising Hong Kong prospects for Fall 2012 is Cold War, an action-packed cop thriller from first-time writer/director team Longman Leung and Sunny Luk. The all-star cast includes Aaron Kwok and Tony Leung Ka Fai, as well as Charlie Young, Andy On, Aarif Rahman (Lee), Gordon Lam, Byron Mann and Grace Huang, while the plot centres around a violent hostage situation that quickly spirals out of control.

Cast

郭富城 Aaron Kwok

梁家輝 Tony Leung Ka-Fai

楊采妮 Charlie Young
林家棟 Gordon Lam Ka Tung
安志杰 Andy On
Terence Yin
彭于晏 Eddie Peng
李治廷 Aarif Rahman
Byron Mann

馬依琍 Ma Yili
Grace Huang

and ANDY LAU CAMEO

some bts

SHOWDOWN!

====

HOLY SHIT!! Andy Lau appeared in new "Cold War" 《寒戰》 trailer, cameo?

The HYPE begins...they calling it the next Infernal Affairs

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:08:39 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [Movie] Cold War 《寒战》(2012)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:52:01 AM »
WHOA. The Film of the Year nods???

Chinese Film 'Cold War' to Open Busan Festival   
2012-09-11 11:33:11     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

The Hong Kong crime thriller "Cold War" will be the opening film of this year's Busan International Film Festival, the leading film festival in South Korea and one of the biggest in Asia.

Co-directors Sunny Luk and Longman Leung on Monday (September 10, 2012) gathered the cast to announce the news in Hong Kong.

Cold War 《寒战》 Trailer 3 - Aaron Kwok - Tony Leung

After the world premiere on October 4 in Busan, the film will be theatrically released on October 18 in China as well as Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, according to the directors.

Featuring a star-heavy lineup that includes Tony Leung Ka-fai, Aaron Kwok, Charlie Young, Aarif Lee and Eddie Peng, "Cold War" follows a police rescue operation which leads to a deadly confrontation between two sides of high-level police officers. Andy Lau appears in a cameo role.

The 17th Busan International Film Festival will run from October 4 to 13. Chinese actress Tang Wei will host the opening ceremony.

eta:

COOL TIDIBITS!

[2012.09.21] AARON KWOK AND TONY LEUNG KA FAI BOOST MORAL FOR THEIR BUSAN TRIP

COLD WAR (HONG JIN) will open on October 18. This film at the same time is the 17th Busan International Film Festival opening film and will hold its global premiere on October 4. Yesterday its stars Aaron Kwok Fu Sing and Tony Leung Ka Fai appeared in Beijing for a heroic duo press conference for the Busan visit.

At the press conference, the film made a "heroic duo special" for the two appearing Best Actors. In the special, Kwok Fu Sing and Leung Ka Fai face off at the police station, battle wits on the roof and other behind the scene details were unveiled. The earlier released trailers, posters and internal screenings made many feel that COLD WAR was the best strong film in the past decade. Both lead actors deeply agreed. "Otherwise why would the Busan Film Festival select a film by two new directors for its opening film? This truly is the pride of our Hong Kong film." Leung Ka Fai said.

They also revealed an indirectly brotherly relationship that few knew about. Because Ka Fai and Sing Sing's older brother, who passed away in 1990,  both attended the same school , he always treated Sing Sing like a little brother. Sing Sing always admired Leung Ka Fai very much. When he won his first Best Actor award in 2005, Ka Fai was the first person to embrace him and encourage him. He was as intimate as an older brother. Ka Fai said, "I really treat Sing Sing like a little brother. Seeing his improvement and success, I truly am very happy."

source: http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2012/09/20120921-aaron-kwok-and-tony-leung-ka.html

Very Looking forward to this movie...though the explosions look a little CGI, it's all about that character drama that has been so fuckin lacking.

The PLAN MAN!

stills!! mmm Charlie

some magazine photoshoot, fashion model Aaron Kwok lol

Always Cool Big Tony

10月4日下午,中国影片《寒战》在韩国釜山举行媒体首映,影片主演郭富城,梁家辉等出席了发布会。南安宇/文 版权所有Mydaily禁止转载 On the afternoon of Oct. 4, held in Busan, South Korea media premiere movie starring Aaron Kwok, Tony Leung Ka Fai, attended the conference. Nanan Yu / Wen Copyright Mydaily

At Hong Kong Asian Film Festival!

lol Aaron + Tony more magazine shoot

[2012.11.14] TONY LEUNG KA FAI AND AARON KWOK PROMOTE FILM WITH COMEDY

Tony Leung Ka Fai and Aaron Kwok Fu Sing two days ago promoted their film COLD WAR (HONG JIN) in Taiwan. At night they attended the premiere and attracted over 100 fans who screamed nonstop.

With an ambiguous relationship in the film, Leung Ka Fai and Kwok Fu Sing two nights ago reprised an important scene that took over 20 takes in the film. Yet they changed their originally sharp tongued lines into comedy. Leung Ka Fai said, "Why can't I watch COLD WAR? It must be because Kwok Fu Sing fans bought all the tickets." Later they could not hold back their laughter any longer.

The film's first week of release in Hong Kong already had good performance. Kwok Fu Sing and Leung Ka Fai were again seen as favorites for next year's Best Actor award. Kwok Fu Sing originally did not plan to make this film in order to prepare for his concert in September, but after reading the script he could not let it go. Finally he took the role. Leung Ka Fai played a police officer this time. He said, "Such a film requires a lot of energy. I am very happy to be able to work with Kwok Fu Sing."
 via hktopten

[2012.11.15] PERFORMANCE EXHAUSTS TONY LEUNG KA FAI AND AARON KWOK

COLD WAR (HONG JIN) has already been officially released on November 8, since then it has received good reviews. Aaron Kwok Fu Sing, Tony Leung Ka Fai, Charlie Yeung Choi Nei's schedules were tightly packed but they dared not slack off. Not only have they promoted in the Mainland and Taiwan, they took an entire day to shoot the Hong Kong promotional photo.

The actors kept chatting as soon as they saw each other. Kwok Fu Sing and Leung Ka Fai attended Mainland promotions with directors Longman Leung Lok Man and Sunny Luk Kim Ching and even the Busan International Film Festival opening ceremony, much to the envy of Yeung Choi Nei. This time the film company invited Wing Shya (Ha Wing Hong) to shoot the promotional still. The two mischievous and humorous Best Actors after the shoot wanted to dance with Yeung Choi Nei. After each photo they rushed to the photographer and asked to see the result. Sing Sing and Choi Nei even said that Leung Ka Fai's expression was funny, Leung Ka Fai then could not help but joked with the two with a line from the film. "Although you two have dated before, you don't have to say the same thing and make me feel like a third party."

Sing Sing said that when he worked on COLD WAR, everyday was intense. At night he not only familiarized himself with the script but also got ample sleep, the secret of playing a character well. He said that he and Leung Ka Fai each led their own team and triggered a high ranking police internal storm. After several power struggle scenes with Leung Ka Fai he was somewhat exhausted. When he said each sentence he had to speak from the diaphragm, without working out he was still able to train his abs.

Choi Nei pointed out that working with Sing Sing and Leung Ka Fai this time, they were very focused from rehearsal to production. Sometimes they even forgot the existence of the outside world. With the very ideal box office performance, Sing Sing said that the sequel should be saved for later. He suggested that now all the actors should get together for a COLD WAR 2012 calendar. Speaking of the inevitable comparison between the two Best Actors, they might compete for the Best Actor again. Leung Ka Fai said, "Of course it's him, I have always won. The jury is tired of seeing me. Kwok Fu Sing has improved so much, I definitely would give it to him." Sing Sing was very humble. "I now actually am at ease, the audience recognition is the most important. It's not like six years ago when I made a movie every year I had to win. Now it's not like that, I feel acting is the job I am passionate about, the process is the most important."

In addition, Obama was elected to the Presidency again. Directors Leung Lok Man and Luk Kim Ching were pleased and even said that they already sent an email to Obama to congratulate him as well as to invite him to watch COLD WAR, because the film's inspiration came from the Democratic Primary battle between Obama and Hillary Clinton; yet they joked that Obama might be too busy and has not replied yet.
 via hktopten

:tama:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:47:31 AM by daigong »

Offline pikipiki

Re: [Movie] Cold War《寒战》(2012)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:32:03 AM »
This is the best chinese movie I'd watch this year.
It's so much better than I was expecting, lotsa drama, action and those shooting and car chasing scene was awesome.
You just can't take your eyes away from it, so much happening and there's hardly a moment that you feel bored.

Great movie and fantastic acting by Aaron Kwok and Tony Leung.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Home Made Kazoku - Life Goes On & On