JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taia - Gray Ocean

Author Topic: Leaders Responsibility to take Blame (AtsuMina) - COMPLETED  (Read 23068 times)

Offline arrow27

• Member+
This fic came to mind when I read a translated portion regarding Minami’s meeting with Ishiba Shigeru:

Minami: as General Supervisor I always think I've to support everyone; I think I've to take one-two step(s) back, but after all... If something happens to junior members, I definitely get told by fans: "why don't you get mad at them?", and at that time I think: "in what way... (do you mean that)?"
Mr. Ishiba Shigeru: ...this is job. The people who're on the site are the ones who suffer hardship the most. And you as General Supervisor must take on your shoulder other girls' liability as well. This is job.
Minami: well, I actually know that in my mind, but however I feel such disappointment...
Mr. Ishiba Shigeru: why the hell has this to happen, that's what you think right?
Minami: yeah, why the hell?!

I also recall the time Minami talked to that fortune teller and talked about her role and the fans. It seems little by little she’s growing as a leader and learning that sometimes she just has to deal with what’s thrown at her. But in the beginning it must have been hard and confusing for her.

Well hope you like the fic! 
                                                  -------------------------------------------

The handshake event was going smooth as usual and Minami was as always overjoyed to meet the fans of AKB. Even if it was only for a few seconds, those meetings were important. She also felt it important to give back to the fans, and thus treasured every second.
                                                         ------------------------------

The fans would smile and express their support and love and even tease the members like they were long time friends. Now of course, Minami was also accustomed to receiving feedback and requests from the fans. She always did her best to listen, and appreciated that the fans cared so much for the other members and came to her. When they asked her to look out for a member, she would reassure them that she always would. When asked to relay something to Aki-P, she would if it were a valid and reasonable concern. She always tried her best and within her power to help the group. As a member, friend and leader.

Her leadership role was one she eased into. One Aki-P believed she could do. Over the years she realized that she had to “bring the courage to be hated.” She had to put the well being of group first and speak her mind, even if it brought protests from other members. However, sometimes Minami was at a loss as what to do. She knew controlling over 300 girls was not easy but she tried her best.
                                                          -------------------------------

She was all smiles as the fans passed one by one, but at the back of her head she couldn’t help but think about all the scandals that occurred, and the one with Yuki and Miichan was still fresh. It was events like these that confused her. Do I act a leader or a friend to them? I have to put the wellbeing of the group first right? But each individual member makes up the group as well right? Do I scold them? Comfort them? Do I even have the right to scold them? But they’re my friends, I should support them...But the rules...How could I let their actions go when it could affect the group and the younger girls. We have to set an example. Otherwise how can we expect them to listen if their sempais are messing up? All these thoughts were running around her head, but she was brought back to reality when she noticed a fan who wasn’t smiling when he approached his turn.

“Hi,” Minami greeted with her best smile putting her worries aside for now. The fan gently took her outstretched hand but still didn’t smile.
“Ne, you’re the leader right. What are you doing?”
“Eh” Minami didn’t get where he was coming from.
“How could you let all those scandals happen? AKBs image is being ruined and you’re not doing anything. How could you not do anything? You should’ve known and protected them” he calmly but frustratingly said as his time was up and had to move on.

“Sorry” was all she managed to say as he left. Wait what? Was he mad at me for not protecting them or mad I let it happen...Maybe both. She was no stranger to fans complaining about other members, but honestly what could she do? This case was different though. She didn’t know how to handle answering about the scandals. Just when she thought that’d be it about the topic for the day, she was surprised to find that many others had the same compliant.

“Hey Miichan’s your best friend right? Did you know?”
“How could you let her go through that? Why didn’t you stop her?
“Sorry but I won’t be supporting you guys anymore”
“Shouldn’t you be making sure the members don’t get into trouble?”
“Are you really doing your job as the leader?”
“They should be listening to you right?”
“It is true what happened with Yuki, what can you say about it?”
“What if they graduate because of this? Will you take responsibility?”
“Shouldn’t you be mad at them?”
“Please protect the members Takamina san!”

Minami was exhausted. Her head spinning. She hadn’t been this quiet during handshake events before but she honestly didn’t know how to reply to half these questions. For once she wanted the handshake event to end quickly. She glanced to her line and could only see judgment in their eyes. Her mind neglecting they excited fans. She was scared? Huh...Scared...Why am I scared? I’ve handled this before right? I’ve handled worse things before right? So why do I feel so powerless.

“Minami are you okay?” Minami turned to see Yuko giving her a worried look. Oh yah. Yuko’s right by my lane. I forgot. Why is she asking if I’m okay? I’m f...Huh...Everything is so blurry. Minami rubbed her eyes, and when she opened them she only saw black. Wha..? She lost her balance and tried to stretch out her arm to the table for support but missed, and fell. Before losing consciousness she could hear the fans, security and a few members close by her calling out.

What do I do?

---------------------------------

Somehow it ended like that lol. Not sure if I should make a continuation :P Hope it was okay though!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:12:32 PM by sophcaro »

Offline FlameHazeKatsu

• Pinoy Alliance {:D
  • Member+
  • Atsumina~! ♥ forever <3
Re: Leaders Responsibility to take Blame (Takahashi Minami)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »
grrrr....  :angry1: this got me thinking again by those...people...that kept complaining to Takamina... :on voodoo: :on voodoo: :on voodoo: tsk...tsk... she's a human being...she can't always do everything <_< if ya know what i mean....(errr...somehow I feel that I'm doing my wordings wrong...o.o" I can't really express what I'm saying... that much... e.o)    anyways~ continue~! I like this! I want to see what happens next to Takamina... (>_<)

Offline WantingtoCuddle

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
@FlameHazeKatsu I know! The fans need to understand she can't control everything!
Continue! I want to read more!

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:14 AM »
my poor minami..
Ohmygod!
Pls continue :banghead:

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:18:48 AM »
arrow27-san

I can just image what's happening to Takamina in those situation...

At every couple of seconds... the fans coming and complaining about everything and anything to Takamina...

Ah... Takamina's head is overload... she is getting scared of all the blames and the angers of the fans...

She faint... AH... POOR TAKAMINA...

I do hope it's only in this fic... not really in real life...

What's going to happen to Takamina?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the fic...

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

PS: Even if Takamina is the leader and the general manager, she is NOT their individual manager...

She can organize their jobs & schedules inside AKB but not outside AKB...

All those AKB members have their own individual manager right...?

Those managers should have some plans for damage control or something then.... They are the one that always with them....

Anyhow... most of the times those scandals are just misinterpret of photos that paparazzi took without any hard evidences...

Most of them are fabricate news... not Real... Just fake scandals... because most people like read or talk about gossips right?

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »
REPLIES:
FlameHazeKatsu: lol don't worry, I get what you mean. It is frustrating and indeed Minami is only human.
WantingtoCuddle: Indeed fans need to understand that, even if it's wrong, I get that they go to Minami to complain since they don't have access to other managers or Aki-p
Chichay12: I'll continue! :)
cisda83: I also hope this doesn't/never happens in real life! And you're right. From what I understand, the members each has a manager. Minami is indeed not responsible for their private lives, she can only influence them in AKB and hope they follow her example. The individual managers do tend to come up with a cover up, but of course Minami isn't told about it, and fans don't have access to those managers so they go to her. & of course Minami can't answer certain questions about scandals because she doesn't have the proper information.

Thanks for reading everyone! Here is part 2! Part 3 will be the last and I'll upload it tomorrow :) ENJOY         

------------------------------

Minami felt her consciousness slowly returning, but she was afraid to open her eyes. Afraid that if she did, she’d be back at the handshake event.

“Hey she’s stirring; I think she’s waking up!” Yuko. She’s here? And the others too. I probably shouldn’t let them worry. She opened her eyes and was welcomed by four familiar worried faces looking down at her.

“Um...Not that I don’t love you guys but your proximity to my face is creeping me out, and your making me wish I hadn’t woken up.” Minami joked as they all exchanged worried but relieved glances with one another and slowly backed away. Tomochin, Haruna, Yuko and Mariko were all present.

There was an awkward silence and Minami wondered if they wanted her to break it. I hope they didn’t miss the handshake even because of me...wait... “THE HANDSHAKE EVENT!” she shouted sitting upright from the bed. Yuko, the closest to her bed covered her ears then flicked Minami on the forehead. “Ow! What was that for?!” she pouted.

“Indoor voice. And don’t go jumping outta bed like that,” Yuko scolded.
   “The event ended already, don’t worry. After the medics took you away we resumed as best as we could” Tomochin reassured.
   “We wanted to come with you but figured we should finish the event since knowing you, you’d blame yourself if things came to a halt,” Mariko added as she handed Minami a glass of water.
   “Thanks...So what happened exactly?”
   “That’s what we’re wondering? But regarding your condition, you were out for a few hours. The doctor said you collapsed due to exhaustion and stress but since you fell down pretty hard they wanted to make sure you were okay.” Haruna calmly explained.
   “Am I?” Minami asked.
   “You tell us kiddo” Mariko said.
Minami looked to all four and saw they weren’t going to let her off the hook. She sighed then smiled and scratched the back of her head. “Haha of course I’m okay. I guess I just didn’t get enough sleep with our busy schedule and missed breakfast but I’m...OW!” before Minami could finish Yuko flicked her forehead again.
             “Don’t lie idiot. Who do you think we are? I was by your lane remember? I did pick up on a few things the fans said to you. Plus some concerned fans that were in your line came to mine and mentioned you were being given a hard time”

Minami didn’t like the looks they were giving her. She understood they were worried, but she wasn’t helpless. Besides, this was her problem; she didn’t want the others to worry. She always sheds her tears in front of the members but this....this isn’t something she can cry about in front of them. “I’m fine really. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was just tired and let things easily get to me. I’m okay now” she tried to smile but they all just sighed.
               “You’re really stubborn. You can’t keep doing this you know. Bottling everything inside. It’ll drive you crazy someday. I get you think everything’s your responsibility but it’s not. At least it doesn’t have to be. What the heck are we around for? You should rely on us more...And if you can’t, at least talk to us. You can’t do everything yourself.” Yuko gently but impatiently chided.
                “Minami, we know you’re under stress and pressure but maybe we can help,” Haruna added when she saw Minami wasn’t saying anything.
                 “You can’t” she said flatly. Taking everyone by surprise. “Talking won’t help. It won’t change anything. Listening to you guys reassuring me with empty words means nothing when I don’t have the results to back it up. You can’t protect me from a role that naturally fell to me, that I accepted. You can’t protect me from the words of the fans because it’s my responsibility to listen to them. Maybe they’re right. Maybe I’m not doing enough. Not being enough. I try to set an example for the members to follow, but if my closest friends are breaking the rules without me knowing then I must be an idiot. I must be doing a terrible job if most members are breaking the rules regardless of my leadership...”

The room was quiet. The quiet was however broken when the sound of a slap resonated within the room. Haruna, Marko and Tomochin looked in shock at Yuko who just struck Minami, who was equally in shock.
              “The only time your being an idiot is now! Maybe you are a terrible leader, because clearly you’re not looking at what’s right in front of you!” Yuko angrily said as she stormed out of the room, declaring she needed “fresh air.”
Haruna ran out after Yuko and Mariko stopped Tomochin from saying something to Minami.     

“We’ll be leaving now to let you rest. Don’t worry about Yuko, she just needs to clear her head...Maybe you should do the same,” Mariko said as she guided herself and Tomochin out.

------------------      
Mariko caught up to Haruna and Yuko who were already outside. “Yuko I understand how you feel but don’t you think you went too far” Haruna chided.
       “Tsk...I would’ve yelled at her more but held back. She just...She made me mad. Why can’t she realize she’s got us and other members to back her up?” Yuko complained.

Mariko walked up along with Tomochin and calmly said; “maybe because it’s the members who are unconsciously hurting her” Everyone let those words hang in the air for a bit. Realizing there was a hint of truth to her words. Minami would never admit...Heck she probably would never think to bring the fault to anyone but herself. However, the member’s actions hurt not only them, but they hurt the group, and in doing so they hurt Minami. How could Minami go to members for help when they’re not being honest with her? Miichan is one of her best friends, and yet look what happened. It’s no one’s fault really. Just how things are. These thoughts were floating through everyone’s mind.

Yuko sighed. “I get it...But I get only she can get it...AHHH! It just sucks. She feels powerless but how does she think we feel knowing we can’t do anything for her, especially when she won’t let us! OW!” Yuko cried out as Haruna flicked her forehead just how Yuko did to Minami. “What was that for!?”          
        “Sorry, you’re freaking out and yelling so I figured I’d calm you down”
         “Like hell that will calm me down” Yuko silently muttered and the other two smirked at Yuko who actually relaxed.
         “Look, clearly we’re all doing something wrong. None of us can be perfect. Minami knows this, she’s admitted it before, but forgot along the way due to circumstances. She just needs a reminder. Someone to talk to,” Tomochin said.
         “Where were you the last 10 min, what do you think we were doing in there with bakami...OW...Haruna stop flicking my forehead..Geez now I know how Minami felt...” Yuko pouted while rubbing the red spot on her forehead.
        “What I mean is, right now she won’t listen to the members, because right now she believes she has an image to maintain in front of us...What she needs is  to talk to someone who isn’t in AKB” Tomochin explained.
Mariko nodded in approval, “someone who can get Minami to think straight again and to open up...”
         “Someone who can remind the leader she’s just human...” Haruna continued.
         “That she’s not alone...& that can scold her...” Tomochin finished.
         “Who are we talking about?” Yuko asked but regretted her question as all three of them flicked her forehead again. “OW! I was just kidding. Acchan its Atsuko! Geez”

Mariko smiled and took out her cell phone. “Yup, our secret weapon”       

---------------------------

The actress had just finished filming another episode for her drama. Her mind was elsewhere though. She'd heard the news of AKB's General Manager collapsing at the handshake event but due to her schedule, she had to finish her shooting before being allowed to leave. Mariko sama had texted her not to worry, but as she was leaving the studio, she heard her cell phone beep. A message from Mariko sama.

Atsuko read the contents of the message and without a second thought, she got into her car and drove towards her destination.

---------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! As mentioned I'll upload part 3 tomorrow :D Let's see how Atsuko handles things  :)

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
kyaaa acchan is coming :on gay:
Atsumina FTW.. XD

Offline den_takacchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • OTP: ATSUMINA AND KOJIYUU
poor takamina. D: .. sometimes fans drove me crazy too. for not understanding their idols. they're just human .... o h well cool fic. thx for posting this. :D

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Poor Takamina....

I can understand all Mimami's feelings and thinking... She is the leader... her example not being followed...

If the younger members causing the problems that's fine... Doesn't really affect much on the group yet...

But the older members... or the earliest generations the ones that causing problems.... She can't do anything...

She is there in the middle... She can't blame or she won't blame the members

And she can't blame the fans from bad mouthing her or placing the blames in her since she is the leader... She supposed to lead them...

Ah... Yeah... only to someone that is outside AKB she can talk to....

Yeah... Atsuko is coming...

Can't wait to see what Atsuko has to help Minami?

What's going to happen to Minami...?

Can't wait...

Thank you for the update

Offline Elo

• ~~ YuKo ~~ SAIKO !!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Dont you dare to mess with my ~~YUKO~~
poor takamina she is a human too

anyway acchan comes yeyyy

I think atsumina begins whoooo
Love AKB
             ~TakaYuu~
                           ~AtsuMina~
                                          ~KojiYuu~
                                                      ~TomoTomo~
                                           ~MariMii~
                           ~Wmatsui~
             ~MaYuki~

Love this Pairing
                                And more ^^

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
mmmmmmmmm interesting!
poor minami... i don´t understand when the fans do this things....

Offline WantingtoCuddle

• ecchi
Yes! It's so interesting! Thank You!
I saw it got updated this morning, but didn't have time to read it, so I read it at school!
It was good! I look forward to the update!

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
Oh I never expect to be a atsumian fic.. but well I LOVE IT!! awww minami...

Jeje yuko you are so.. genius.. :B

Offline abcari

• ecchi
  • Member+
oooh!!! this is so intense!

Awesome fic!!!

waiting for the next chapter!

Offline FlameHazeKatsu

• Pinoy Alliance {:D
  • Member+
  • Atsumina~! ♥ forever <3
What she needs is  to talk to someone who isn’t in AKB” Tomochin explained.
lol I soon as I saw that I was like, "Acchan!!!!!!!!"  :cathappy: Ooooo~ Acchan will talk some sense to Takamina~   XD hehehe so is this going to turn to Atsumina now? ;) since everyone is saying it...I thought I should say it also ;p Hahaha ...but since this wasn't entitled 'atsumina' in the beginning I'm assuming you won't? And all of that can be just all about their friendship that will come into role... Lol I dunno just mah thinking since I have a feeling  it was kind of meant/to turn out  to be  this way... however...WE can still dream about the pairing  :lol:

Offline arrow27

• Member+
Replies:
Chichay12: Lol yup, Atsuko to the rescue!
den_takacchan: You’re welcome! & yah, I hope those fans can realize their idols are just human.
cisda83: You’re absolutely right! & this chapter shall answer your questions :)
Elo: Haha Atsuko’s appearance is def important
Minami-chan: I guess some fans out there are just too hardcore and don’t take everything into consideration when they speak to the girls at handshake events sadly. Hopefully it never happens to this extent though! :)
WantingtoCuddle: Aw thanks! & you’re welcome! Glad you could read it at school lol. Here is the update, I hope it doesn’t disappoint!
Haruko: lol yuko is indeed a genius :D
abcari: Thank you! Here is the next chapter! ENJOY
FlameHazeKatsu: You guessed it before Yuko! Lol. Who else but Atsuko of course :) Haha and it seems there’s some Atsumina anticipation so I added some Atsumina undertones and well...read to find out I guess lol

THANKS FOR READING! HERE IS THE FINAL PART AS PROMISED!
                                                         -------------------------------------------

Minami had just finished changing back into her clothes in her private hospital room. The doctor told her she was free to leave after some rest, but figured she’ll do the resting at home since it was already getting late, and she didn’t want to stay the night here. Just before she placed her hand on the door knob, the door flung open and hit her on the head.

-----------------------
Atsuko heard the thud as she opened the door, and when she stepped in and looked down, she saw Minami crouching and holding her forehead. She couldn’t help but smile at how tiny Minami looked curled up like that while muttering incoherent words. “You shouldn’t stand behind the door like that, it’s dangerous”

“Well it’s not like I wanted to be hit by the door! And you should’ve knocked!” Minami finally looked up and was taken aback that Atsuko was the one standing above her. “Eh! Atsuko! What are you doing here?” Minami asked as she took the extended hand Atsuko offered to pull her back up.

“What do you mean? I can’t visit a friend who got admitted to the hospital,” Atsuko angrily pouted.
   Minami sighed. “That’s not what I meant; don’t go twisting my words around. I’m glad you came to visit...Thanks. But there’s really no need to worry. Besides, you’re busy aren’t you? Shouldn’t you go home and rest for tomorrow?” Minami asked. She was glad to see Atsuko but she really didn’t want company at the moment and just wanted to go home. Besides, she didn’t want to burden the actress, and she knew if she couldn’t shake her off, she’d be stuck with her for awhile. Ah! I bet Yuko and the others called her...Wait, does she know what happened then...Oh man she’s giving me that look that says I’m about to be lectured big time. “Um Atsuko, you’re kind of creeping me out with the silence...”
   Atsuko closed the door and walked past Minami and sat on the bed. When Minami turned to make eye contact, Atsuko pointed beside her and said, “sit.”
   What am I, a dog? Her tone and expression aren’t exactly leaving me much of a choice. Plus she called me by my name, she’s serious. I let out sigh and sat down beside her. Refusing to talk first.

Atsuko broke the silence and looked to Minami while she spoke, even though the other girl still had her head down. “A co-worker of mine was caught sleeping with the director”
   “Eh” Minami looked up to meet Atsuko’s eyes and wondered why she’d tell her that.
   “She’s a good girl, and it’s not against the rules or anything, but its unprofessional don’t you think. The director is also well respected and experienced in his field, so I found it strange he’d do such a thing. Most people on set were really mad those two were keeping such a secret, since it affected everyone working on the drama. One day during filming, the director and actress apologized to us all, and agreed to put their relationship to a halt until the filming was over. Well, everyone was kind enough to forgive them, agreeing to keep things under wraps as long as the two maintained a professional relationship while working together... And that was the end of that.”

Minami was actually listening intently to Atsuko speaking. She was somewhat confused and shocked by what she heard. She figured that this kind of stuff happens everywhere, even on the sets for actors and actresses. However, she was still at a loss as to why Atsuko was telling her this.
   The confused expression on Minami’s face gave away her thoughts and Atsuko lightly laughed, earning a pout from the other girl. “Sorry. I’m kind of bad at this, but I guess I just wanted you to know that everyone messes up sometimes. The director is in a position of power, he’s supposed to lead us all by example while we work under him, and yet he was caught doing such a thing. Strange right?”
   Minami narrowed her eyebrows in thought, and then said, “That’s irresponsible of them. Especially the director. Hiding and doing something like that. If it went public it’d be bad for everyone working on the drama”
   Atsuko gave a questioning look to Minami, “That’s true. It’s wrong to hide something like that. Especially considering the consequences. They were only thinking about themselves and thought “”maybe if we keep it a secret, no one will get hurt”” but they didn’t consider what’d happen if they were found out”
   “And that’s why I said it’s irresponsible” Minami stated, more strongly this time.
   “It’s human!” Atsuko retorted, realizing Minami was getting worked up. “People make mistakes. They make wrong decisions and completely neglect the possible consequences. They do what they want to do, regardless of restrictions. That director was the person in position of power, and the girl had a responsible manager, but that didn’t stop the two from doing what they wanted....Just like it is with the members. Why do you keep forgetting that?” Atsuko asked, her tone reaching slight frustration.

Minami was taken aback again, finally connecting all the dots between Atsuko’s story and AKB. “Wha...What does that have to do with me?” she asked, still trying to figure out where Atsuko was going with this. 
   “It doesn’t. That’s the point. Do you seriously think just by leading with a good example you can get 300 girls to become absolute angels and not do anything wrong? Cause if you do, you’re delirious. All you can do is guide them while in AKB, and hope they make the right decisions. But their mistakes are theirs to make. It has nothing to do with their respect for you or your ability as a leader” Atsuko said with confidence. She saw Minami was thinking about her words.
   “But I!... I’m supposed to look out for them, I’m supposed to realize if things go wrong...I,” before Minami could finish, Atsuko interrupted her.
   “Realize what? Members keep secrets to make sure no one realizes. Of course they won’t come to you and tell you they’re breaking the rules. It’s their lives; you have no obligation to them outside AKB” Atsuko saw Minami hang her head down, and she gently reached out with her hand to lift up Minami’s face. “Your only job is to be yourself. To do your best, to lead just like you have been. You don’t have to change anything. If a scandal arises, scold them as a leader and support them as a friend, but never blame yourself. You know I’m being honest with you Minami. I’d never sugar-coat something just to make you feel better. Everyone has their role in AKB, and mine ended. You still have to live with yours. You have to live with the hate, the responsibility, and fans that will shove all their problems down your throat...But you can’t let that get to you, otherwise...You’ll never move forward. You taught me that remember, when I was having trouble as the ACE. Prove to me you weren’t telling me lies”

Minami felt the tears trail down her face, and wasn’t sure when she started crying. The look Atsuko was giving her was enough to convince Minami that she meant and believed every word she said. “It... It’s just so hard and frustrating sometimes...” Minami chocked out through the tears.
   Atsuko brought her friend close and hugged her, gently caressing her back. “I know...I know. But you know what, only you can do this right now. I’ve seen how everyone looks at you in the group. They all really do love and respect you. They have nothing but respect for you. When you tell them to work hard they will. They cry and laugh with, and for you. They’ll follow you. They’ll always follow you.” Atsuko drew herself back and kindly wiped the tears off the singers face, who’s crying was coming to a halt. A few moments of complete silence passed before Minami spoke up.
   “...Thanks, and sorry for causing you trouble” Minami said as a light blush appeared on her face for causing a scene. For Atsuko, she always wanted to be strong, but as the years went by in AKB, she realized that she needed Atsuko as much as Atsuko needed her. They always supported and encouraged one another. It was Atsuko who originally comforted her when she received her Captain role for team A, and now this. All her problems wouldn’t go away, but Atsuko helped bring things to light, to take a bit of the weight from her troubles.

As though she read her mind, Atsuko lightly pushed Minami’s shoulder and patted her on the head. “Our relationship is not one where we hold back, remember. I’ll always be here to bring you back down to earth when you stray away.”

Minami smiled, “Thank you Atsuko”
   “Oh right, that reminds me, before I forget” Atsuko said as she took out a couple of cue cards from her purse and began to scan and read. “Let’s see...here we go. Minami’s too stubborn; sometimes she won’t listen to what others have to say.”
   Minami widened her eyes in shock. “What...Wait what are you doing?”
   Atsuko continued by flipping to card after card. “She’s too serious sometimes. She’s gotta lighten up!”

“She’ll scold anyone who is doing something wrong, not holding back even if it’s the amazing ace Yuko, the beautiful NyanNyan or even Mariko sama.”
   Wait...That sounds like something Yuko would say. “Hold on Atsuko! What the heck” Minami grabbed the cue cards and flipped through them. Most of them stated all her bad qualities and some were even teasing. The heck! “She’s too short!” Seriously, who complained about that? Minami looked back up waiting for an explanation.
   “Well, when I met with Yuko and the others we wanted to be sure you’d get the message that you’re human in the end, and that you are a great leader, but also a flawed one. So we all decided to write up a couple of things” Atsuko said innocently.
   “A couple! There are over 50 cards here” Minami whined as she kept flipping through them and paused as one card read, “I still think you deserved the slap, but as an apology I told your favourite Ace (whose not me by the way) that you told me that you accepted her invitation to moving in with her! Don’t be mad! You know you were going to say “yes” anyway! You can thank me later. <3” Ugh...That Yuko! Wait...So Atsuko believes I said yes...Not like I can take it back now...And this does make it easier than me having to have said yes to her face...
   “Earth to Minami. What are you looking at?’ Minami snapped out of her daze as Atsuko was about to reach for the card and quickly moved away, resulting in the scattering of the rest of the cards.
   “It’s nothing!!” Minami said defensively. Her eyes widen as she sees the contents of a couple other cards reading:

“Oh, just heard from Yuko, you’re moving in with Atsuko. Congratulations!”
“This may be the only thing that could interfere with your leader work Miss general manager, be sure to focus on AKB even if you’re living together with you precious Atsuko!”
“Seems everyone is writing whatever they want on the cards now...what do I do...Ah, well now that you’ll be living with Atsuko she’ll look out for you, but don’t forget you have all of us too <3”

Minami panicked as Atsuko was about to scan the cards Minami was looking at. She quickly got off the bed and began to pick up as much of the fallen cards as possible. “I got it Atsuko don’t worry! Are the others still here by any chance?”
   Atsuko looked quizzically at Minami’s frantic expression, but nonetheless smiled since the leader was being all energetic again. “They’re still downstairs in the lobby”
   Minami moved to the door with the cards still gathered up in her hands and looked back to Atsuko one final time before leaving and said, “um...thanks again. Really...Even for the insults haha...For everything. I’ll um, see you later?” the last part came out as sort of a question, and Atsuko laughed.
   “Of course. We’ll be seeing a lot of each other soon”
   That earned a flustered look from Minami as she lightly bowed then exited the room. Always the shy one she is...I’m glad I could help, even if it’s just a bit. I’m sorry we can’t do more than this for you Minami...but please remember you’re strongest when you’re by the ones who love you.
                                                      -------------------------------

Atsuko stood and walked around a bit in the room, and she could’ve sworn she heard Yuko and the others shouting. She looked out the window of Minami’s room and saw her chasing Yuko, who was trying to hide behind the others. She laughed and noticed she was stepping on a cue card that Minami must’ve missed when collecting the others. Picking it up, she smiled. The card read:

Make sure you and Atsuko take care of one another!

“Always” Atsuko said as she continued to look out the window and watched the people she loved most.

-----------------------------
Well that’s the end! Hope you all enjoyed the story! My first non one-shot story! Please comment!

Since some of you mentioned Atsumina I thought as a treat, I’d throw in some small hints for the pairing in there so imagine what you will lol :)

Thanks for sticking through till the end and reading this!!!! I believe Minami can overcome the hardships of being a leader, as long as she continues to love AKB & the members.

Thanks again to all the readers!! Till next time :D

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:58:23 PM by arrow27 »

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ah... Atsuko is so mature here...

She can clear and unburden Minami's problems just by being there...

Saying all the stuff that Minami already knew but have forgotten... because of her new responsibility...

Eh... Minami is moving in with Atsuko.... is it real?

It's good if it is real... they are always there for each other... right?

They seem to be very close in AKB...

AH... Minami is so shy... and so cute...

Yeah... at last Minami able to let go of her guilty over others faults...

Thank you for the story... it's very enlightening...

Can't wait to see your other creation

This fic is the most meaningful touching story with a touch of reality...

Very good one... I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you again

Offline arrow27

• Member+
Ah... Atsuko is so mature here...

She can clear and unburden Minami's problems just by being there...

Saying all the stuff that Minami already knew but have forgotten... because of her new responsibility...

Eh... Minami is moving in with Atsuko.... is it real?

It's good if it is real... they are always there for each other... right?

They seem to be very close in AKB...

AH... Minami is so shy... and so cute...

Yeah... at last Minami able to let go of her guilty over others faults...

Thank you for the story... it's very enlightening...

Can't wait to see your other creation

This fic is the most meaningful touching story with a touch of reality...

Very good one... I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you again

THANK YOU! Really glad you enjoyed it and thought it was meaningful  :heart:
& ya I tried to be a bit realistic, Minami's problems won't just go away regarding this, so figured someone taking a bit off that burdern and reminding her to just be herself & continue to lead the way she does is the best solution. In the end she still has to put up with it, but hopefully she understands she can't be held accountable for everything :)

& lol well in the fic it's real she'll be moving in with Atsuko, in real life has not be confirmed :P But who knows, the members always change their living arrangments & so might Atsuko lol

Thanks again for reading!

Offline no-chan

• eien48~(AtsuMina!!)
  • Member+
kawaii~minna wa kawaii~
i love this part of acchan~
i think this fic is the very good one i've ever read... :twothumbs
it feel so real... :nya:
i love it so much... :on gay:
thank you~ :mon inluv:

Offline arrow27

• Member+
kawaii~minna wa kawaii~
i love this part of acchan~
i think this fic is the very good one i've ever read... :twothumbs
it feel so real... :nya:
i love it so much... :on gay:
thank you~ :mon inluv:

T_T THANK YOU! :D Glad you loved it so much & glad I could make it realistic ^^ Def makes it worth writing :)

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taia - Gray Ocean