JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - For You

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread  (Read 22695 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »
Party Rockets announced their participation! I am happy!! :)

アニ☆ゆめproject
大森靖子
サンスポアイドルリポーター SIR
SPL∞ASH
Dancing Dolls
ナイスガールトレイニー
Party Rockets
peach sugar snow
Fine Color
Faint⋆Star
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:46:17 PM by wattstax »

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »
well, party rockets and SIR finally appeared but since I`m not really a fan of either...

103 groups already and so many irrelevant names announced. they better bring a really big surprise name this year...

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
I'm super excited. With Party Rockets added, we officially got the 3 groups that weren't there last year that i wanted there this year. With Dancing Dolls, we now have my favorite group added. And there were two other groups added that I'm really excited about, too. I think this is gonna be an amazing year, at least for me. Now here's hoping my favorite groups don't overlap!!
Still waiting for them to announce iDOL Street though...
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the idols of today, 24/7, worldwide!
http://www.idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/idolbeats
http://twitter.com/idolBEATSRadio

idol BEATS Radio is currently accepting votes for the 2014 New Years Coutndown, so please vote for your favorite idol songs of 2014! All idol fans should without a doubt vote. All voters will also be entered into a drawing for a free idol CD. (out of 26 choices)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 03:37:38 AM »
Dancing Dolls

Saw this and had to do a double-take. Happy for Daydreamer0Fly  :D
Have a good one!

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
New groups announced:

AXELL
Cupitron
THE HOOPERES
椎名ぴかりん
しず風&絆~KIZUNA~
SO.ON project
バーサスキッズ
Rev. from DVL

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 11:10:07 AM »
well, now Shizukaze and Rev. from DVL are added, but once again more unknown groups than important names. 111 groups and we have only three more announcements (a couple of groups) to go. fingers crossed people.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
Is it certain, that there will be 3 announcements? Wasn't 113 the highest possible participation?
Sorry for asking, but I have no idea about the procedure.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »
love that TIF is full of smaller names... but no Mary Angel :( datz so sad

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
Daydreamer told about "130-something" groups this year and it really is looking that way now. since they did eight announcements in previous years, we can hope they'll do the same this time. and they really should cuz there are so many important groups still missing that's just ridiculous.  :(

well, at the very least we'll have one more announcement with the "big surprise name" as always. don't tell me we won't have this either  :panic:

regarding smaller names, it's such a shame they are adding so many unknown (at least for me) groups and nothing of Asfi, Next Shojo Jiken, Festive, Feam, Clip Clip, Ready to Kiss, Ryutist, Irori Maeda, re-2... the list goes on.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:20:09 AM by tsutomo »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »
All your mentioned groups are also unknown for me ;)

But I don't care. The most important groups for me are there and the rest will hopefully have some pleasant surprises. :)

And something positive as well:
As they are unknown to me I won't regret missing one or two groups because of time limitations or overlapping performances as I don't know what I am missing :D

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »
you know what it feels that only agencies or management that are in good terms with the producer of TIF are invited because seriously there are lots of smaller groups that aren't going and that have a decent fanbase (did i mentioned Mary Angel ??)

call me when they add Hiroshima MAPLE*S... or QunQun :V lol

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2014, 04:41:44 AM »
^
yep, we already knew the producers didn't have good relationship with some agencies (alice project, stardust, finolia) but from what we're seeing now, looks like the "blacklist" is way bigger than what we thought. in previous years they used to call small groups that were somehow established (good fanbase, cds released) but this year they are calling some groups totally out of the blue.

or now they are adopting a new approach or... several groups are turning down their invites. dunno what would be more worrisome.

ps: 9nine will appear at Rock in Japan so they may not go to TIF this time.  :( and I just saw that the fucking Brilliant Green will be back to life to perform there too.  :shocked well... looks like I will not attend TIF this year anymore. no way in hell I can miss Buriguri.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
6 new participants:

iDOL Street ストリート生「e-Street選抜」 
iDOL Street ストリート生「w-Street選抜」
あゆみくりかまき
アリスインアリス
GEM
星屑スキャット

I just saw, that Idol Koushien will be one day prior to TIF in Zepp Diver Tokyo. Anyone know, if I can buy tickets at venue? I won't be able to get them otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:09:28 PM by wattstax »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 11:43:47 PM »
I just saw, that Idol Koushien will be one day prior to TIF in Zepp Diver Tokyo. Anyone know, if I can buy tickets at venue? I won't be able to get them otherwise.

Idol College
Especia
じゅじゅ
TAKENOKO
Dorothy Little Happy
Party Rockets
Yamaguchi Kassei Gakuen
ユフ♬マリ
Lovely ★ DOLL
lyrical school
and more

http://idolkoushien.com/zepp_20140801/

Line-up looks good!

That website says 4000 yen in advance and 5000 yen on the door... so unless it sells out in advance, you can get tickets on the door... I dunno if it will, but, if I were you, I'd try to book in advance.

Chihiro

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2014, 05:48:55 AM »
where is qwiksXnd to jump around in joy for GEM participating once again?  :D

I won't lie, I'm now more pumped to go to Rock in Japan than TIF, since there will be lots of idol groups there too (including some that won't go to TIF as 9nine, Denpa Gumi.inc, Hime Kyun Fruit Can and Team Shachihoko) and I'll be able to see other acts (as Miliyah Kato, Brilliant Green and Polysics) other than just idols.   ;)

regarding the Idol Koushien, judging by the place, the groups participating and the fact it's on a weekday... I would be shocked if they sold out the tickets in advance.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 09:47:18 AM »
Okay. I try my luck with Idol Koushien then.
And you much fun at RiJ. For me there is no one interesting performing there (Idol or other). BuriGuri is nice nostalgia, but I prefer their early output.
But it is the first time I see a festival split in two weekends.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
New names:

HGS
ミスマリ
ミライスカート
夢みるアドレセンス
ライムベリー
LoVendoЯ
READY TO KISS

Makes 125 groups now.

Also they announced a complete 2 days live broadcast of the Smile Stage. Can be viewed through NicoNico. If I find out how to acquire a premium account there, I could promote it to friends. but as it doesn't work for me...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:46:31 PM by wattstax »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »
well seventh announcement and finally some important names added as Rhymeberry, Yume Miru and Otome Shintou. nice to see LovendoR and Ready to Kiss added too. two more to go: place your bets on who's the big name incoming!

the big notice though is that the map is available now. eight stages. one more than last year (thanks God). now no more shows at Zepp Tokyo or Venus Fort shopping, they were replaced by the a stage at Fuji Tv headquarters and an open main stage to be built near Divercity shopping. the other place is exactly in Divercity, the square around the Gundam replica. so in other words: two indoor venues replaced by two outdoor stages. better pray that it doesn't rain or things will get really messy. for those that are going, beware the sun, more than ever. sucks we were hoping for the inclusion of Zepp Divercity, instead we got the exclusion of old Zepp.  :thumbdown:

well but trying to show a little optmism here... if they are going with a big (really big) open stage... they may finally call some major name, like Momoiro or AKB.

edit: nah forget it. I thought it would be a brand new stage, Summersonic-like but it appears to be small stage (http://blogc.fujitv.co.jp/simg/profile/1bb10/100680458/377686_pcl.jpg) used previously in other events (as the Mezamashi Live).  :( I thought those installations were temporary when I went last year, didn't knew it's still there.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:51:37 PM by tsutomo »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »
Hm, can't complain about more outdoor stages as it makes a better festival feeling - at least for me. It should be easier to access also.
And regarding the sun: I luckily have a summer hat :lol: Rain though would be different, especially if they cancel shows because of that.
But the exclusion of Zepp at least makes the festival area less big, I suppose?

I am missing Greeting Square and Grand Market :?
I only count 7 stages though. Which is your eight one? Or is Info Center a proper stage as well?

The big name on an open stage - wouldn't that be contraproductive? If I understand correctly, the festival area isn't blocked for people without tickets, aren't it? I can't even imagine the chaos then.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
c'mon, this year I'm going to the beach and will be attending 3 days of Rock in Japan already, if I have more outdoor shows at TIF too... I may turn into a Nesmith (Exile) look alike.  :panic:

hmmm I didn't calculate it exactly but on top of my head I guess that yes, the new venues are a little closer than Zepp and Venus Fort were. last year there were shows cancelled because of the rain (as the Predia one. I'm not the only one here that got frustrated by that) so I thought the producers had learned their lesson. seems they like more taking some risks...

now you got me. I really don't remember now if Info Center had proper lives or just talk shows with the groups. someone that was there last year can help? I remember that TIF Studio always has some shootings, not lives. if Info Center doesn't neither, well that's seven stages against six last year then.

maybe you can't see by the pic I posted, but that open stage actually has some walls surrounding the place so no, people without tickets can't see it. last year the free viewing sites were Smile Garden and Venus Church. now Smile Garden and Gundam area (labeled as Festival Stage).

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - For You