JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Hikaru Stage

Author Topic: Berryz Kobo has gone on hiatus 030315  (Read 13964 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Berryz Kobo has gone on hiatus 030315
« on: August 02, 2014, 08:35:56 AM »
Quote from: Harowota twitter
JUST ANNOUNCED AT TODAY'S KOREZO CON: BERRYZ KOBO ON INDEFINITE HIATUS STARTING NEXT SPRING - STAY TUNED FOR CONFIRMATION

Momo: Berryz Kobo was a big part of our youth so saying 'disband' would mean that all disappears... instead we're just going to say 'hiatus'

https://twitter.com/haro_wota

:shocked
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:47:30 PM by shirenu '15 »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Berryz Kobo to go on hiatus next year
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:58:37 AM »
Yeah soz did some mod power thingying because if anything deserves its own thread, this does.

BERRYZ D:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:00:26 AM »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
There aren't enough Darth Vader references to describe how I'm feeling right now.

So I'll just do another shameless plug for my blog lolololol because dammit, these girls salvaged two important fandoms for me and boosted my spirits when I needed it the most.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »
I think of it as away to let the members take on a new path and I just hope it is a short term thing rather than maybe a actual "disbanding" in disguise
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
To think, when I became a H!P fan it was still 'uncool' to like anything about H!P Kids because "what the hell are kids doing in this business?! I have no interest in kids!!!"

But after just hearing Piriri to Yukou once it got stuck in my head.

And I decided that Maiha was the cutest kid ever. Koi no Jubaku then was the moment that I fully embraced the group because that MV+song were just so COOL. :lol:

And now they're all grown up and going on hiatus. I knew something would eventually happen, but I wasn't sure when and how. Now that it's here, it still feels sudden and makes me sad. Even if Berryz haven't really been releasing songs that I personally like... They are still part of the H!P family... And have been for over 10 years D:

I'm sure the members have plans for a future that involves more than being an idol, and that's good. :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 11:29:41 AM »
Official announcement:
http://helloproject.com/news/1902/

Translation from Up Front Link:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-concerning-berryz-kobo-indefinite-suspension-of-their-activities/731061686952751
News concerning Berryz Kobo

Thank you for your continued support about Berryz Kobo.
Today, Berryz Kobo members have announced the indefinite suspension of their activities during the Hello! Project Concert at Nakano Sun Plaza.

Concerning the future of the members, they have talked with the staff and decided to suspend their activities after the Spring’s tour on 2015. Concerning the exact date, it will be announced later once decided.

Berryz Kobo have grown like this with all the support they received until now. And to be able to reach this level of accomplishment in their activity, all the members have the feeling this is thanks to everyone and feel gratitude.

From now, there will be the live at Nippon Budokan on September, the Autumn’s tour and new songs released. Members as well as the staff feel gratitude to everyone and ask everyone for their support.
Thank you for everything from now concerning Berryz Kobo.

UP-FRONT PROMOTION
Representative director
Ohama Minoru

Alternate translation, which also includes Tsunku's comments:
http://blog.harowota.com/574/
Regarding Berryz Kobo’s hiatus next spring

Thank you for always support Hello! Project and Berryz Kobo

Without further ado, I would like to make an announcement. Just now during the Hello! Project 2014 Summer concert KOREZO Berryz Kobo made the announcement that Spring of 2015 would be a good time for the Berryz Kobo members to enter into an indefinite hiatus.

As a producer, this is very sad news to me but the girls, who have been working together since they were very young, had a discussion about their futures and came to this conclusion. For me, I’ve seen the girls grow up through all the various works we have done together. Therefore, I think it is a great opportunity for all of the girls to take their next step in life.

These girls, who almost all debuted while in elementary school, were thrusted into this world with the pure desire of “wanting to sing”, “wanting to dance” or “wanting to wear cute outfits” and it is for that reason that I think they lasted this long as a group. And since that purity was nurtured through heartfelt support from fans, I am truly grateful to all you fans for raising them like this.

That is why I too want to see the girls leap forward and begin chasing a new dream.

Now, in regards to the schedule and all future activities, we will announce them as their decisions become finalized.

For now this is just an immediate announcement of the state of things.

Please continue to support us in this summer Hello! Project tour, the Berryz fall tour, and etc.

2014-08-02
Berryz Producer
Tsunku

Maasa is the first to break the silence, saying they've been discussing it for a year now:
http://ameblo.jp/sudou-maasa-blog/entry-11903581436.html
http://blog-project.net/sudou-maasa/205539
As mentioned at the Hello! Project live performance、 we, Berryz Kobo, will enter an 「indefinite suspension of activity」in the spring of next year。

About 1 year ago, us members discussed about the future amongst ourselves。
All of us have now grown up、 and while we mutually respect one another、 after discussing our future, this is the conclusion that we came up with。

Berryz Kobo was the entirety of our youth。
To say something like “breakup” for something so important would make it feel like Berryz Kobo itself would disappear、 and for us as well as the fans, Berryz Kobo is something irreplacable. Rather than calling it a dissolution, we’re choosing to say that it’s an 「indefinite suspension of activity」。

In these 10 years、we’ve received a lot of cheers of moral support from all of the fans、 through live performances and events。
Being able to do everything we have done up to now, it’s thanks to all of you。
I’d like to thank you, so very much。
Since we’ll be continuing on from now on and rushing through to next spring、 Berryz Kobo is begging for your kind, continued support!

Seeing Momochi Momoko with tears running down her face is heart-wrenching...

“Berryz Kobo is our youth, with precious memories, so we won’t break up. We will take an indefinite suspension,” member Momoko Tsugunaga said holding back tears during the MC session of the concert earlier today.
http://aramajapan.com/news/music/berryz-kobo-will-go-on-indefinite-suspension/4779/

I'm starting to get the vibe that "hiatus" is just marketing-speak for a full-on disbandment... :(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:18:41 PM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »
I didn't want this to happen :/
I was hoping Berryz would be the first female idol group to continue for an even longer time.
But no.

They said they discussed it within the group. They decided it. Okay.
It's still difficult to accept.

Marketing-speak or not, with all the sadness calling it an indefinite hiatus is a nice idea in my opinion even if it's equal to disbanding.
Because like the members explained, Berryz is not just a group or a name of a group. It is more than that for the members and us fans.
Thinking of it as something you don't just breakup like that - I can relate to that.

Still it does not prevent tears.

Today with the news being only a few hours old I can only think that my life will be empty and meaningless if they, Momochi at least, don't continue with other things I can enjoy following as much. Berryz was and at the moment still is the anchor that kept me moving forward.
Hopefully there will be something in the future
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »
That's definitely not the news I wanted to wake up to. I'm glad that the girls were able to enjoy themselves in the past 10 years and they've had a lot of awesome experiences, as a fan I guess I have to just respect their choice to move on  :cry: (though I'm left with way more questions about the whole thing than answers)

Hope we'll get maybe 2 more singles from them before the hiatus kicks in.
rina ♥ mini

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 03:04:34 PM »
Saddest news to wake up to. And of course what's the 1st thing I do? Sub this video

Bye Bye Mata Ne (Subbed)

I am happy that this was something the girls decided and not a management decision and I can respect that they want to do other things in their lives (which I don't blame them for considering how things be for Berryz sometimes) but that doesn't make it any less sad. Berryz was my thing and want to say that I'll continue to support H!P after they're gone but I don't know if I'll be able to without just being really sad all the time. I guess only time will tell.

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »
I've been waiting for something like this to happen. Not that I like the news, but.. still... a group that permantent can not go on forever. With all the growth they made togheter, as people it is rather amazing that they could go on for so long. It's a thing that takes a lot of strenght. I can not imagine that something I wanted to do when I was 10 was something I would do for the next 10 years in the public eye. When I think about it that way it feels even like a bigger thing to go through.
I got in to H!P at the same time that Berryz debuted, it took a while before I thawed up for them and started to like who they were as a group. But I still can´t stand Risako. =D

I thank the Berryz for all the songs they've sung and all the effort they put in to being an idol. They are amazing! I hope they go out with a bang, and an awesome single that will leave a big impression.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
It has been an amazing run from elementary school to adulthood...
Expected something would happen when they hit the 10 Year mark,
but still didn't want to hear it yet....

They have grown into wonderful women, and I wish them
all much happiness and joy in their lives!!

Really good people they are, let's support them as they continue until next
year, and then beyond!  :heart:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »
And still no one has asked Miyabi about The Wolverine what is this travesty.  :P

Okay, but seriously? Berryz got me into idols. It was Special Generation, and then Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai's MVs that drew me in that first fateful all-nighter into this lovely fandom that would change my life forever.

No matter how long or short their career was going to be, or whether or not I stuck with them, they will always have done that for me.

Thanks, ladies. Live long and prosper, no matter what path ya'll take in the future.

(BTW I suspect indefinite hiatus is also a way for them to prevent Tsunku from, like, reviving the group with new members or something  :P)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
Regarding my earlier speculation about more singles, here's a translation of Captain's blog post: https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-reaction-of-saki-shimizu-blog-translation/731291610263092

"Moreover, for the remaining half year, please do not stop to support us!!!
With the Budokan on September, the Autumn Tour and the new songs which will be released as planned, the activities I will make as Berryz Kobo will be precious and I will keep trying my best. So please do not take your eyes away from Berryz Kobo!!!"

At least we have some new material to look forward to before the hiatus.
rina ♥ mini

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
My honest take:

I don't know if the hiatus is absolutely necessary, is it feasible instead to turn them from an J-idol unit to a "semi-active vocal performance group, without the 'no-dating' rule"?

The rat I smell is that being the oldest Hello! Project group in both group age & members' ages, it'll look kinda  :wth for them to answer to a much younger post-Sayumi Hello! Project overall leader be it Haruna or Mizuki, both who are not only younger than Berryz's youngest member Risako, but also have much less idol tenure experience than Risako. And Morning Musume '14 being the Up Front Company's most beloved group, the management probably wouldn't entertain the idea of the leader of any other Hello! Project group to assume the overall leadership of H!P.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 06:56:47 AM »
Berryz has been bringing out consistently great songs all these years. Of course there are a few that I can't stand, but the ones I like far outweigh em.
Successfully making a comeback from a hiatus is virtually impossible for an idol group (age, trends, new idol groups all factor in). The fanbase Berryz has is much wider than most idol groups, but I think the best comeback they can do is turn into something like MAX (Actually, that might be pretty good!) :oops: What they do solo is encouraging too, hope they have success in that. :)

Anyways, get a few more cool dance songs out~ :cow: :heart:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 11:50:43 AM »
I too have a really sentimental attachment to Berryz.  I especially loved the shows they did in the early days with W...  those remain old favorites to which I return time and again.  Lately I did begin to wonder somehow if their days were numbered, and I did feel that they did not give me the same spark that they used to, though I love them sincerely still for all they have done.

I don't know enough about the other activities of the individual members to know what direction the career of each could take after spring 2015.  Can someone with some real understanding of their strengths maybe give us some predictions - what will each Berryz member be doing in a year's time?  Will any of them be unemployed, god forbid??

And what will take their place in H!P?  Or...  are we seeing the beginning of the winding back of H!P, perhaps since Tsunku may continue to face health challenges?

I will remain a fierce H!P supporter till the end, and there is enough interest for me in C-ute, S/mileage and of course Momusu to keep me alive for years to come.  But I hope the demise of Berryz does not mean that any of the other groups, especially C-ute, would follow soon after!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Hikaru Stage