JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame

Author Topic: Berryz Kobo has gone on hiatus 030315  (Read 13962 times)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Re: Berryz Kobo to go on hiatus next year
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:06 PM »
I don't know enough about the other activities of the individual members to know what direction the career of each could take after spring 2015.  Can someone with some real understanding of their strengths maybe give us some predictions - what will each Berryz member be doing in a year's time?  Will any of them be unemployed, god forbid??

Not to name drop myself or anything :P but the After Berryz thread in the H!P Crapola section deals with that, and more specifically my response is based on stuff the girls have said themselves which you can find here:

http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37924.msg1290076#msg1290076
rina ♥ mini

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 01:28:09 AM »
^ Thanks Rina, that is definitely the thread to go to now for discussion of this issue.  No worries about name dropping yourself, you write good stuff, heh heh!   :P

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 04:23:25 AM »
Berryz Kobo's last activity before indefinite hiatus to be a live at Budokan on March 3
November 12, 2014

On November 12, idol group Berryz Kobo held a release event for their last single "Romance wo Katatte / Towa no Uta" at Ikebukuro Sunshine City.

Previously, the group announced that they would go on indefinite hiatus next spring and at the release event, the girls revealed that their last activity before the hiatus would be a live concert at Nippon Budokan on March 3 which is their debut anniversary day.

It was also announced that the group would hold live concerts at Ariake Coliseum on February 28 and March 1, and additionally there would be an event held on March 2 as well. More details on these will be revealed later.

Moreover, they will release their last album "Kanjuku Berryz Kobo The Final Completion Box" on January 21.

During the event, the members performed total 5 songs. The first song was their debut song "Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai", and pleased the 2,000 fans attended the event.

Source: Oricon
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/11/berryz-kobos-last-activity-before-indefinite-hiatus-to-be-a-live-at-budokan-on-march-3
- http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2044454/full/

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »
If you haven't seen this, you need to.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 03:28:24 AM »
not seeing a thread that has their final tour dates, can we get that started on this thread? I'm actually thinking of going to Japan to see them off.
I recently got a loan that paid off my credit cards and my car. There was a bit left over that I was thinking of using just for this purpose.
Also need information from people that have recently been. Hotel, travel, concert tickets (how much and how to) all around expences, how much did you spend? vs how much did you plan on spending. Need to get started on the passport too. Last time I traveled it was in the Navy and I just used my military ID.
Life is one time.

Offline ShiroiChanUK

• Member+
  • IshiYoshi Is <3
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
Will this concert be live streamed like Sayu's grad concert? I hope it is. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Avatar and Signature made by S-N-I-P-E-R from Hello!Online
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/ShiroiChansCovers
Twitter https://twitter.com/ShiroiChanUK

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »
Berryz Kobo to hold a special event the day before they go on hiatus
January 21, 2015

Berryz Kobo will go on an indefinite hiatus after their concert at Nippon Budokan on March 3. On the day before their hiatus, March 2, they will hold a special event called 'Berryz Kobo Special Event' at Tokyo Prince Hotel.

The girls are scheduled to hold two events that day. Those who purchase tickets to their concerts on February 28 and March 1 at Ariake Coliseum will be entered into a lottery to attend the first event. Meanwhile, those who purchase their album "Kanjuku Berryz Kobo The Final Completion Box", which will be released on January 21, will be entered into a lottery to attend the second event.

After releasing their album "Kanjuku Berryz Kobo The Final Completion Box", Berryz Kobo will release their live DVD / Blu-ray "Berryz Kobo 10 Shunen Kinen Concert Tour 2014 Aki ~Professional~" on February 25.

[Berryz Kobo Special Event]

First event
Monday, March 2 - Tokyo Prince Hotel Houou no Ma (Tokyo)
OPEN 12:15 / START 13:30

Second event
Monday, March 2 - Tokyo Prince Hotel Houou no Ma (Tokyo)
OPEN 16:15 / START 17:30

Source: natalie
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/01/berryz-kobo-to-hold-a-special-event-the-day-before-they-go-on-hiatus
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/136616

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:43 AM »
Iwao-san from the owarai duo Football Hour is a well-known Berryz fanboy. Here he reminisces/discusses his support for the group throughout the years.

20150225 魁!音楽番付 Eight Berryz工房

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 02:22:56 PM »
Aww...:(

From Haro Wota's Twitter:
Kumai says she will stop blogging as she will be entering her senior year at university and wants to focus on that.
- http://ameblo.jp/kumai-yurina-blog/entry-11993999916.html
- https://twitter.com/haro_wota/status/570818485644865536
- http://ameblo.jp/kumai-yurina-blog/entry-11993999916.html

It's understandable that she wants to make sure she can focus and do her best at her studies, but still............aw. :(

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:24 AM »
Onward Kuma Soldiers

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »
It's hard to come to terms with leaving something you've worked 11 years of your life with:

And still no official word whether Maiha will show up for Berryz Kobo's final day, for old time's sake? After all she's been with the group for less than 2 years
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
It's weird as fuck that this is really happening. Honestly I've left it in the backburner for a while, but it's getting closer and closer... D: And now that they officially have a new group to carry on a Berryz Kobo legacy (in a way), it's so FINAL...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »
Glad for them to pursue new dreams, but dayum, that group, except for
Maiha san leaving, has been a team for so long.

Truly a Special Generation.... :cry:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 06:27:27 AM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
It's TOMORROW TT___TT

Finally watched the Iwao video above, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO END IT WITH BYE BYE MATA NE
Even without this context that song makes me sad, ugh

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »
Ozzy Osbourne supposedly "retired" in 1993 then in less than 3 years later, "The Retirement Sucks Tour".

So how long before the 'itch' returns to the girls?  :P
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 03:05:39 AM »
I'm having a very hard time believing this is happening now that it's literally hours away. In the last 2 weeks I've subbed a live performance of every Berryz single from Anata Nashi to Love Together as like a personal homage to Berryz. (Ok technically 2 weeks ago I did 7 videos and in the last 3 days I've done 39 but I was determined to finish them before they graduated).

I can't tell if subbing all those videos made me come to terms better with them leaving or if I'm just even sadder now.  :sweatdrop: Guess it doesn't matter cause they're graduating one way or another. Berryz was such an important part of me falling for H!P that I'm gonna miss them like crazy. I really hope I'll be able to watch the summer H!P concert (and Hina Fest) without like breaking down or something.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
Finally watched the Iwao video above, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO END IT WITH BYE BYE MATA NE
Even without this context that song makes me sad, ugh
Well final concert's last song isn't Bye Bye Matane, but Love Together aka The Berryz Kobo's last song

EDIT: notable attendees of the concert as according to wotaintranslation
http://wotaintranslation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/berryzbudokan.png
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:15:58 PM by scorn »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:54 PM »
Just letting y'all know I've moved all Berryz Kobo member threads to Graduate Plaza except for Momoko, who still appears to be active in H!P with Country Musume? I'm also aware the Cap'n is going to have some kind of an advising position, but I don't think that means she's still a H!P member. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I missed the Berryz final concert because I had important business to do at uni. But maybe I'll do a PV marathon soon. :3
I turned the stream on (muted) at uni at one point and loved to immediately recognize they were doing Special Generation from the choreography. :lol: That's still one of the coolest H!P songs...

EDIT: Some gems from the Berryz thread :D

2005:
- people being shocked when Berryz Special Generation sold more than W and Viyuden :lol:
- people wishing happy 11th birthday to Risako :lol: holy shit she was ten??
- people freaking out about some rumours that a Berryz member might join Momusu (cuz that totally happened!)

2006:
- in January tama already calling Yurina a tall freak. :D

I can't believe I'm saying this but Momo was so Yaguchi!
So appropriate considering Momo ended up becoming Momochi. :lol:

- I did NOT used to like Risako's voice. lol Well I changed my mind!
- June 2006 again rumours of some Berryz joining MM or starting a group with Koharu or Eggs joining Berryz. :lol: There really was too little action back in the day since everyone went crazy with speculation. :lol:
- And in December paranoia about Berryz breaking up. :lol: Shit, this shows how much faith fans had in UF* at the time!

Ahhh I'm too lazy to go through all of it, but good times...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:22:54 PM by shirenu '15 »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame