JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - I Love You

Author Topic: [10/15] Morning Musume 57th single [Tiki Bun/Shabadabadoo/Mikaeri Bijin]  (Read 19705 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Last single with Sayu coming in October:
http://natalie.mu/music/news/123806

And yes, you read those titles correctly.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
If the music video for Tiki Bun doesn't look like a psychedelic LSD hallucination I'mma be disappointed.

Actually, I just want everything to be colourful and insane. We can have the cool song on Mikaeri Bijin. LET THE OTHER TWO BE GLORIOUSLY FUCKED UP!!!!! (in the best way possible, of course XD)

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
SHABADABADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

^ Yes! I'm ready for nuts!musume!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
^for a second there I was sure I saw coconuts!musume... :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
What the hell is with the title? :lol:

Tsunku still a genius with titles XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Well, looks like anyone going to see them in NY is in for a treat!

"Sayu's comments for her last single: This single will be a triple a side, TIKI BUN: is a very very cool song, it has the feel of the current gen of, I was so happy to have such a cool song like this for my last single. Also during my 11 years in the group, I haven't had many solo parts but this time I have a whole song to myself, it's like a miracle! The last song is without me, it's like 3 different pieces sung together so please do look forward to it!"

So I guess Mikaeri bijin is a song 9/10/11th gen while Shabadabacan'tbringmyselftoeventypethetitle is Sayu's solo? Looks like everyone is happy! And presumably Sayu will get a solo pv just like the other recent grads, since there are so many editions of the single.

Source: Snipey @ H!O
rina ♥ mini

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
"Mikaeri Bijin" sounds like it's going to be Sayumi's solo, since it's her graduation single. :otomerika:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
^ It's confirmed that Mikaeri is the 9/10/11gen song

Here's a translation of Sayu's interview from the Natalie.mu article

"About her last single
This time it’s a triple A-side single! “TIKI BUN” is incredibly cool. You could say it feels like the current Morning Musume, but I’m really happy that Tsunku♂san gave me such a cool song for my last single. Also, “Shabadabadoo~” is somewhat my solo song!

In my past 11 years, my solo parts in singles were nearly nonexistent. And yet, singing all of the solo lines in my final single is something like a miracle! [or getting a solo song in her final single is a miracle?]
I’m excluded from “Mikaeri Bijin”  which is sung by the other 9 members, but all 3 songs are really different from each other, so please look forward to them!

Less than 100 days until her graduation concert

I’ve been with the group for over 4000 days, so it’s very strange to think that I’m within my last 100 days. But I’m of course very glad that my last day will be at Yokohama Arena, and I think that anything I can do with the current members is meaningful, so I’m awfully happy. Everyone please come and support us!"

Source: haro-puro.tumblr.com
rina ♥ mini

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
It's the Final Countdoooooowwwwn.....
http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/tikibun/index.html
Special website for the single, with a timer counting down Sayu's final days in the group.

^for a second there I was sure I saw coconuts!musume... :lol:
HALF-WHITE JAPANESE AMERICAN FOR 12TH GEN CONFIRMED? :twisted:
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
CROSS-POSTING FROM SAYU'S GRADUATION THREAD!!

Michishige Sayumi's graduation date and venue decided + Morning Musume.'14's new single release
August 17, 2014

Morning Musume.'14 has announced that their new single "TIKI BUN / Shaba Daba Doo / Miokuri Bijin" will be released on October 15. Also, Michishige Sayumi's graduation concert will take place on November 26 at Yokohama Arena.

The announcement was made on August 16 during Hello! Project's live event 'Hello! Project 2014 SUMMER ~YAPPARI!~' at Nakano Sun Plaza Hall. "Shaba Daba Doo" will be Michishige's solo song, and "Miokuri Bijin" will be the group's song without Michishige. The single will be released in 6 different versions: Limited Editions A~D, and Regular Editions A~B.

Titled 'Morning Musume.'14 Concert Tour Fall GIVE ME MORE LOVE ~Michishige Sayumi Graduation Commemoration Special~', Michishige's graduation concert will be the finale of the group's tour which will kick off in September. Upon hearing the news of her graduation concert, Michishige called out, "Everyone please come and support me!"

On August 17, Morning Musume.'14's special website was launched. It features the latest news, a countdown until Michishige's graduation, and pictures of Michishige taken by the members.

Source: natalie
LINKS
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/08/michishige-sayumis-graduation-date-and-venue-decided-morning-musume14s-new-single-release
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/123806
- http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/tikibun/

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
Re: [10/15] Morning Musume 57th single [Tiki Bun/Shabadabadoo/Mikaeri Bijin]
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
Why is everyone making fun of the names? It's not like Shabadabadoo is any worse then Lalala no pipipi

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
rina ♥ mini

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
Quote from: Tsunku's comments

TIKI BUN
- This was supposed to be a temporary title but he couldn't come up with something better so he left it.
- Tsunku wrote the song when he thought of how the population of the planet keeps increasing and at one point we will have a hard time with food, etc.; but at the same time, the population of Japan keeps shrinking and the elderly will have a hard time.
- Speculation: "TIKI BUN" may come from "chikyuu" (earth) and "bun" (part/segment/share/duty), and could possibly mean "One's Duty Towards the Earth" or something along those lines. Can't say anything for sure until we have the song and official kanji.

Mikaeri Bijin
- It's a song fitting for juniors seeing their senpai leave/retire from work and to show their respect. Since Sayumi thinks so much about her juniors, he thought it'd be nice with a classical tune for this song since she's very 'classical' in that way. So to express a "good woman" in a traditional/classic way would be to make it "Japanese" and thus the asking of professionals better in that field.
(Sohee)

---- ---- ---- ----

Michishige: Really surprised that she has kept improving so much even to this year. In there hasn't been anyone in the past, in the group, that has been able to work as smoothly and keep everything in check as well as she does. A real professional. Stay true to yourself until the very end!

Fukumura: Silently supports Michishige, it's noticeable. Also noticeable how she's working hard to improve. Her dancing and singing is improving gradually.

Ikuta: In both good and bad ways she's the one to stand out. But in the end that's a good thing. In showbiz one has to stand out no matter what, after all. She's still not happy with various things about herself, but compared to how she was 4 years ago she's improved greatly. Her dancing really stands out.

Sayashi: Has become much feminine and courageous lately. There hasn't been anyone like her in the group before. Maybe not even in showbiz. She keeps improving silently. It'll be interesting to see how she will be when she's 20.

Suzuki: Her character becoming quite stable these days... or maybe not. Maybe she's not fully there yet, the public doesn't know Suzuki's full potential yet, only 1/3 has become known so far. She probably knows this herself, as well, so with this upcoming single keep climbing!

Iikubo: She keeps growing! With talking and even as a celebrity, she keeps growing. She tries hard in singing and dancing as well, and if she just keeps this up even more she'll surely look different soon too. The more leveling up she does, the more stable her place in showbiz will be, as well.

Ishida:
She's already 17 years old. Since she's short she's often grouped with the younger ones, but she's already in the grown up team. Surely from the end of this year, until the beginning of the next year, ishida will grow up to an adult even more. Ah, and she should set her goal even higher when it comes to dancing!

Satou: She keeps acting the youngest one, but she's quite clever. She's bad at studying, but somehow she has the ability to pull through, making her a smart girl in one way. But if she sees this she'll just think she's smar, and that's kinda scary... Work hard!

Kudou: She's gotten taller and her voice more stable, she's standing out this year. She's always been photogenic and it's really showing now. In "TIKI BUN" too she shines in a different way, looking forward to see where she goes from now.

Oda
: She's a little bit of everything. Her singing, her movements, her personality... it's all a bit of everything. She can be put on the side and work just fine, but she can also be the center and nail that as well. That she can change like that is a great thing to have. Please work hard at improving!

*Thx to Sohee and Nayoko-Kitahara from JPLOP

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
Quote from: Tsunku's comments

Kudou: She's gotten taller and her voice more stable, she's standing out this year. She's always been photogenic and it's really showing now. In "TIKI BUN" too she shines in a different way, looking forward to see where she goes from now.

Oda
: She's a little bit of everything. Her singing, her movements, her personality... it's all a bit of everything. She can be put on the side and work just fine, but she can also be the center and nail that as well. That she can change like that is a great thing to have. Please work hard at improving!

Huh, sounds like Kudo is going to get more focus in Tiki Bun, and Oda is going to get less than usual. Interesting

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
One of Morning Musume ’14′s new songs will not be produced by Tsunku

It has been revealed that one of the songs on Morning Musume ’14‘s new single, “Tiki Bun / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin” (to be released on October 15th), will be produced by someone else other than Tsunku.

On August 28th, Tsunku revealed on his official blog he hired a different writer to produce the song “Mikaeri Bijin”. Although singles such as “Pepper Keibu” (37th single, including its coupling track “Romance”) and “Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima” (17th single) were cover songs (therefore, not produced by Tsunku), this is the first song Tsunku has not produced since “Ai no Tane”, the coupling track to Morning Musume‘s debut single “Morning Coffee” (“Ai No Tane” was also the group’s first indie single. Lyrics written by Kenzo Saeki, composed and arranged by Tetsutaro Sakurai).

“Mikaeri Bijin” will be a song sent to Sayumi Michishige at her graduation concert at Yokohama Arena on November 26th, where she will graduate from Morning Musume ’14 and Hello! Project as a whole. On top of that, this song will be sung by the current members of the group sans Michishige.

According to this, Tsunku commented, “I thought it would be better to request people who have made songs that honor Japanese tradition rather than me having to express Michishige’s classical feelings towards her juniors as ‘good women’ equals ‘harmony’. Therefore, I asked Shinichi Ishihara to write the lyrics and Tetsuya Gen to compose the music.” Ishihara has written songs starting from Masako Mori‘s “Etto Tsubame” and has continued to write songs for artists such as Yosuke Tagawa, Beauty Pair, and Takuro Yoshida. On the other hand, Gen has composed songs for the leading figures of Japanese enka such as “Amagigoe” by Sayuri Ishikawa and “Futarizake” by Miyuki Kawanaka.

Speaking of which, Tsunku also added on his blog, “Nowadays we’re too conscious about the song arrangement, so now we are making the best use of the demo tape and melody’s power to naturally finish it.” Because of this comment, fans are having speculations about the song. Morning Musume’s recent songs are strongly EDM (Electronic Dance Music) based, so “Mikaeri Bijin” might have a different twist than the melodic theme listeners are used to hearing these days!

(via BARKS)

http://aramajapan.com/news/morning-musume-14s-upcoming-single-will-not-be-produced-by-tsunku/7691/

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 12:22:17 AM »
The only previous H!P song I can think of that Gen Tetsuya has done is Maeda Yuki's "Ai Ai Daiko"

I'm not certain that Mikaeri Bijin will be actual "enka", since enka has a ton of pitch shifting which requires a level of vocal control that I'm not sure all the girls have. Some of them might be able to pull it off like Riho, Sakura, Kanon, and Masaki, but I'm not so sure about the rest. I'm expecting something like Sakura Mankai.

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:08 AM »
Very sparse low-quality preview of SHAKE YO BUM "Tiki Bun":

Withholding proper judgment until I hear a proper high-quality version (because you can barely hear anything), but so far my initial impressions are middling, though leaning towards favorable. This could end up like "Help Me!!" or Berryz' "Want" where the initial preview felt meh but I ended up loving the song later on. :P

I still want another "Egao no Kimi"-style beat... :(
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
Edit: deleted previous post content

LONGER RADIO RIP

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:09:48 AM by Rina the Robot »
rina ♥ mini

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »
Tsunku's comments on the single translated here: http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/tsunku-tikibun-morningmusume-20140927192.html
rina ♥ mini

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - I Love You