JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Niji

Author Topic: Who You Are 「AtsuMina」Chapter 4: Jane Doe 2015/02/21  (Read 18734 times)

Offline nadiyahdz16

Who You Are 「AtsuMina」Chapter 4: Jane Doe 2015/02/21
« on: January 31, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
Who You Are Prologue
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

D.I.D, the Dissociative Identity Disorder or often known as the Split Personality Disorder. You probably had heard it a few times before, like from the book Dr. Jekyll is Mr. Hyde. Some people think that the D.I.D is only fiction and can't happen to anyone but that has already proven wrong. Some cases show that there are people who suffer the D.I.D.

D.I.D is a mental sickness where the patient has more than one personality living inside their body. The patient won't be aware if their other personalities take over and they will feel like sleeping. Patient who suffers D.I.D usually has a bad past and in result, they built a new person inside of them to protect them from harm.

Honestly, I have never met someone who suffers the D.I.D. At first, just like everyone, I thought the personality disorder is a myth but I was proven wrong when I met that person. That person who became my patient and that person who managed to turn my life upside down with another personality living in her body.

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

My name is Maeda Atsuko. A first year psychiatrist in a reknown hospital in Tokyo. I graduated university at the age of 22 and began as an intern in the hospital for 2 years and now I'm a full fledged psychiatrist in 25 years old.

In the early years, I was already interested in the psychology study. I have always wanted to know the human's mind and what people are usually thinking. My interest peaked when I saw a psychiatrist healed a person who was somehow obsessed to kill himself. That psychiatrist became my role model and I strived to become someone like her.

Now in this hospital I'm working on, I have a few patients. One of them is someone who's infatuated with sexual intercourse. She is a sex maniac. Well, at first I was afraid of her because she seemed like she'd make me her intercourse partner but eventually I found out she was only interested in men and their testicles.

Her name is Sato Siera. I was assigned as her personal psychiatrist about 4 months ago and she had splendidly showed progress. She was thinking less and less about sexual activities and maybe in a month or two, we can already release her.

Another patient that is in my care is a 17 years old high school student named Shimazaki Haruka whose parents insisted that she has bipolar disorder. Her father said that his daughter would usually act all cold and blunt which some people had noted as salty behaviour. While her mother stated that her daughter also would be too happy and would waste so much energy on useless things like fangirling on idols instead of using those energies to study.

The patient, who preffered to be called as Paruru shrugged off on what her parents were worrying about and had said that she was normal and didn't suffer anything such as mental illness.

From what I have observed, Paruru really doesn't have any mental disorder like bipolar disorder. She is only interested in something that has her interest and doesn't really care on anything that doesn't caught her attention. It is the typical teenager behaviour and I have already told her parents. They were relieved and had apologized to their daughter for accusing her as a person who has mental illness.

Those two are some of my patients and they have grown closer to me after their session with me. Making friends with someone who I treated is one of many things I enjoyed as a psychiatrist. I get to listen their story and I also get to tell them advices and stuffs.

This morning however, I was notified by my senior that I will have a new patient. The file that has her records had been sent to my email and I have to check it before lunch time comes because the firt session I have with the new patient is exactly after lunch break.

I sat down on my chair and opened my laptop to check the file from Mariko-senpai. I logged in into my email and clicked the new file.

My new patient name is Takahashi Minami, aged 25 and she suffers a Dissociative Identity Disorder. She has a total of four personalities living inside her body, Takahashi Minami, the main personality. Takahashi Kai, Kawachi Nami and Jane Doe.

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

A/N: hello everyone! I've made a new story which is based on the DID. I am quite interested in this mental disorder and find it pretty cool. I am also inspired by the korean drama Kill Me Heal Me. But alas, my story isn't exactly like that! I'm just following the idea of the main character who suffers DID.

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy the ride! :shakeit:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:08:51 AM by nadiyahdz16 »

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: Who You Are 「AtsuMina」Prologue 2015/02/01
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:07:51 PM »
Hoo~ this seems interesting. :3

Update soon. ;3
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline lezperv

• <3 あつみな <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • どりょくはかならずむくられる
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »
Wow...

I have thought of doing something like this before, but I'm not exactly in the mood to write lately...

I really like it. I thought you were gonna make Atsuko the D.I.D one since Atsuko is a bit crazy in my opinion haha, but it's kinda cool to see Minami being the one with D.I.D. Actually kinda glad that it wasn't Atsuko because I wanted to write one for Atsuko with Minami :D

I'm quite glad to see a new writer writing some AtsuMina because I have been deprived of them lately. I don't see much good AtsuMina fanfic out there, so I didn't really have motivation to write...

Anyway, I look forward to chapter one... though there is something I'm a little uncomfortable about. One of Minami's different personality is Kai... I can't say I like that very much, but I have to see where you're going with Kai before I cut this story off haha
Forever AtsuMina/TakAcchan/TakAtsuko <3 . Follow me ^_^ .
My Fanfics: Shiroi x Kuroi Tenshi, Maji, Kowai!, Nisemono, Futari (Ong) Devil Wears Prada (Hiatus) I Want to Lock You Up (OS) Three Chances (Fanfic Winner 2014) Naze (Fanfic Winner 2015)
vs

Offline phoenix0i

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Aigoo! Hwaiting!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 02:21:42 AM »
This fic is interesting. It would showcase Takamina's 3 trademark role.
I think shifting from those 3 personalities would be so much fun.
Atsuko might have a hard time though.

Cant wait for the update.  :rock:
Discovering the wonders of your vague imagination.
Taeny, Atsumina and SayaMilky <3

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 05:28:24 AM »
I think kai is the playboy

Offline Kakeru15

• Ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥Atsumina♥ ♥Saeyuki♥ ♥Yuiparu♥
    • Yokoparu
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 06:37:14 AM »
4 in 1, sounds awesome ^^

Update soon~ :3
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:19:26 PM by Kakeru15 »

Offline deguchi

• Member+
  • try to open up my self
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 06:46:21 AM »
Interesting!!
Curious about jane doe
just love to read alot of fiction story

Offline ubulubulbilu

• Member+
  • I only read ATSUMINA fanfic XD
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Wooo it sounds interesting. Takamina has 4 personalities, it'll be a hard time for Atsuko.
Yep, maybe I can learn something about DID too

Update soon

Offline IamNot_Glad

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Life is not a fairytale </3
    • iamnotglad
    • kaiichandesu
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 01:07:01 PM »
This sounds really interesting :twothumbs :twothumbs

Since I'm a psychology student  :lol: :lol: XD XD
If you give up about it, it's not love. - Akimoto Yasushi

Offline black_maa

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Never give up - Never let go!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »
Oh! It won't be easy for Atsuko..  XD 
Can't wait for update!  :)
                                                                             Look at the sky,
                                                                             Imagine, how you can fly,
                                                                             If you wanna reach a top,
                                                                             Then never try to stop.

^__^
                                                                AtsuMina writer!                My OS & Stories area

^__^
                                                                Last update: [26.01.17]  "The games of sins"

Offline Ava

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina shipper (and a little takayuu) :P
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »
wow this looks interesting
I can't wait to see how jane doe personality is going to be

hope you update soon
Fanfic: Towards my dream (Atsumina,Kojiyuu,Mayuki etc) http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37925.new#new

Offline nadiyahdz16

Who You Are 「AtsuMina」Chapter 1: Takahashi Minami 2015/02/02
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
Chapter 1: Takahashi Minami
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

Maeda Atsuko paced back and forth in her session room while waiting for the new patient to come inside and walk through from the door that was closed.

Waiting for the new patient anxiously, she couldn't help but to think how could she handle four people who is living inside only one body. Treating someone who has D.I.D mean that she would get new four patients and not just only one patient. Deep inside of her mind, she was worried that she wouldn't be able to handle the new patient.

But then a knock echoed through the not so big room. It was probably the new patient already. Atsuko panicked for a bit before she cleared her throath and then walked to her desk and sat down on her chair.

"Please come in." She hoped that she didn't sound nervous pr that her voice cracked. That would be too embarrassing as a psychiatrist.

As she finished uttering those words, the door was opened and a young woman whose height wasn't so tall came inside of the room. She was wearing a short sleeved light purple with a white collar shirt and a white knee length high waisted skirt. She also wore a white wedges.

Takahashi Minami was unexpectedly calm and composed. She didn't seem like someone who has any other personalities living inside of her. That was of course out of Atsuko's expectation. She expected someone who had a grim look and big panda eyes to come inside but she was met with a collected and serene looking young woman.

Atsuko then gestured her new patient to sit down in front of her and the patient quietly followed her gesture and sat down on the provided chair.

A smile appeared on the psychiatrist's lips as she extended out her hand for a handshake greeting, "Good afternoon, Takahashi-san. My name is Maeda Atsuko and I'm your psychiatrist. I'm 25 years old and it's my first year here working as a full fledged psychiatrist in Accel Hospital." She introduced herself.

The short girl stared at the outstretched hand for a little while before she took the handshake offering and firmly grasped the psychiatrist's hand, "Good afternoon, Dr. Maeda. I'm Takahashi Minami, 25 years old working as a creative producer in a tv station."

Minami was growing comfortable after she found out the psychiatrist who would be treating her was the same age as her. She relaxed her tensed body by resting her back on the chair.

"From now on, everytime we hold a session, we will introduce ourselves, okay? Please tell me if you find it tiring or uncomfortable." Atsuko explained and the patient didn't seem to mind at all.

"Well then, first, tell me about yourself, Takahashi-san."

The question caught the patient off guard. She wondered why would the doctor ask her to describe herself when it was already clearly written in her file. What more did she want to know? Her personalities characteristics was already written in the case file.

Noticing the uncertainity in her patient's eyes, Atsuko smiled at her to reassure the new patient. "I'm asking you to describe yourself, Takahashi-san. I'm asking you to tell me what kind of person is Takahashi Minami and not the... Other people living inside of you. I want you to tell me about you. What do you like, what don't you like, how many blankets do you sleep under and things like that. So please relax, Takahashi-san. I won't intrude your comfort zone in our fist meeting."

Minami heaved a sigh of relief and then smiled a little to her psychiatrist, "Right. I was wondering why you would ask but okay. I was born on 4th of April, 1991 and was raised in Tokyo. I am the daughter of Takahashi Kousei and Sato Hinami. My father is a politician and my mother is a fashion designer who has her own brand."

Minami looked like she was a little hesitant while talking about her parents. She wasn't looking at Atsuko and was looking at her own intertwined hands instead.

"Takahashi-san. I don't want you to feel troubled or uncomfortable by talking about a topic you're sensitive about. I encourage you to enjoy the session with me. Like I said, talk about yourself and not your parents." Atsuko reminded.

From what she had observed, the girl in front of her might have a bad relationship with her parents and that's why she seemed awkward while talking about her own parents.

Silence filled the room for a short while before Minami decided to speak up, "I like katsudon. I also like hamburger steak. But I don't like tomato. I don't like bathing together either. It makes me feel embarrassed."

Atsuko grinned as the patient had started to open up about herself and she was glad that Minami tried to trust her and told her about her interests and what she doesn't like. Even though it was a small progress, a progress is still a progress after all.

"I work as a creative producer and I enjoy my job very much. Getting ideas from anything and growing the ideas into something that is worth watching in television... I like those kind of jobs very much." She was at ease while describing something she really likes and the atmosphere in the room had picked up.

Minami was blabbering anything about herself and Atsuko attentively listened to her new patient. But one thing she had noticed, the short girl didn't have any friends. She was only relying on herself.

Their session eventually came to the end. Minami was glad she could talk so much and it was the first time in a while that she had fun. Talking with Atsuko made her feel at ease and she felt like her worries were long gone. Atsuko made her feel comfortable. That smile of hers managed to make her feel contented and unworried.

The patient stood up and bowed down to her psychiatrist, "Thank you so much for listening, Dr. Maeda. I had fun." She sincerely thanked Atsuko and the latter also stood up.

"It's my pleasure. And please, just call me Atsuko so the next time we have a session, we won't be all too formal okay, Mi-na-mi?" Atsuko winked and she could see how Minami's face turned red.

"O-okay, A-Atsuko."

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

Minami went out of the hospital with a smile donning her pretty face. She didn't know that sharing her stories and worries could improve her mood so much. Also, the warm feeling she would get everytime the psychiatrist showed her smile was also relaxing. Atsuko had managed to make Minami so secured just from the first meeting.

Happy with her session, Minami then called a cab to go back home. But as she was calling a cab, an advertisement showed up in the electric billboard. Her father's face appeared in the advertisement.

Her father's face was as stoic as always. He talked about justice like the topic of child abuse. Every words that flew off from her father's mouth about child abuse triggered something inside of her and in an instant, a breath was caught in her throath and she was gasping for air. Her breath shortened slowly, she felt suffocated and her legs gave out. She collapased while holding her neck and people were looking at her.

Minami tried her best to gather the feeling of her legs. When she could feel the strength of her feet were coming back, she stood up and walked away to another secluded place while staggering. She reached a back alley and immediately sat down while her breathing was really unstable.

Her conciousness was fleeting away and soon, Minami closed her eyes, her body not moving anymore.

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

Atsuko had finished checking up her patients when her friend who is also a psychiatrist came calling her to have lunch. She accepted the invitation as she felt hungry herself.

"Hey, Acchan! How's life lately? I heard you have a new patient. A man or a woman?" Oshima Yuko asked as both of them were walking down to a nearby restaurant near the Accel Hospital.

Atsuko nodded as an answer, "A young woman who suffers D.I.D. I'm honestly worried because her case is quite confusing and this is the first time I'm handling a D.I.D patient."

They reached the restaurant and Yuko once again continued the conversation once they were finally done ordering their food. "How many personalities have you seen so far?"

"Only one. The main personality. The main personality has built a wall around her and she seems like someone who has a lot of worries. But once she feels comfortable, she can be pretty talkative." Atsuko described her new patient while looking outside from the window.

But a familiar figure caught her eyes. She saw her patient, Takahashi Minami walking around while playing with her phone.

The first year psychiatrist turned to her friend, "I just saw her. Wait here and I'll ask her to join with us. You can also call Haruna!" She stood up and then jogged outside to catch her new patient.

Fortunately, she could reach the short girl before she would walk away further. She held the girl's hand and turned the patient to face her.

A smile bloomed on her lips as a greeting, "Hi again, Minami. How about eating lunch with me?" She asked and for some reason, Minami was looking at her strangely.

Minami raised an eyebrow as she stared at the psychiatrist from up to down, "Who are ya, old hag? Do ya need somethin' from me? If you don't need anythin', go away cuz I have an audition to do." Somehow she was talking in Kansai accent.

Atsuko was surprised at the change of act. She was about to lash out at Minami for calling her old hag but then she remembered that the girl has another personalities aside from Takahashi Minami.

"Who are you?" She carefully asked.

The person in front of her grinned and made a peace sign, "The name's Kawachi Nami, an upcomin' idol! Remember my name, 'kay!"

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

A/N: here's the first chapter! Sorry if it might seems boring but i've tried my best to write this chapter! And thank you very much for the comments and thankyous! I appreciate them very much!!

Replies:
@Ava: you'll have to wait for jane doe to appear haha :D

@black_maa: Atsuko will have a hard time lol

@IamNot_Glad: you're a psychology student? That's cool!

@ubulubulbilu: thanks for reading!

@deguchi: i hope this chapter is also interesting hehe

@Kakeru15: here's your update~

@AI712: here's your update!

@Haruko: haha let's just see!

@phoenix0i: acchan surely will have a hard time! Lol

@lezperv: thank you for giving my story a chance!

@Ruka Kikuchi: i hope this chapter is still interesting for you!

I'm really happy with all of your comments! Thank you very much!!

Offline lezperv

• <3 あつみな <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • どりょくはかならずむくられる
Re: Who You Are 「AtsuMina」Chapter 1: Takahashi Minami 2015/02/02
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 07:19:51 PM »
Ohhh Shit!!!

I didn't expect Nami to talk like that because even though Nami is totally different from Minami, there are still some resemblance lol. I totally got caught off guard when Nami called Atsuko old hag, I never thought Nami was rude like that haha

I really like this chapter. It has the calming feeling 2/3 of the fic and then a big OMFG WTF at the end. It seems like Minami as been abused by her father :( that's really sad... Though I'm curious about Minami's career. She's a producer, but if she constantly changes personality, how is she able to keep her job?

Anyway, I expect great stuff from this fic, but still weary about Kai's personalities.... update soon ne? :)

edit: I like what Drakon had suggested. Maji Minami would be better than Kai lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:25:06 AM by lezperv »
Forever AtsuMina/TakAcchan/TakAtsuko <3 . Follow me ^_^ .
My Fanfics: Shiroi x Kuroi Tenshi, Maji, Kowai!, Nisemono, Futari (Ong) Devil Wears Prada (Hiatus) I Want to Lock You Up (OS) Three Chances (Fanfic Winner 2014) Naze (Fanfic Winner 2015)
vs

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »
Ooh~ so it's like that. Something terrible must've happened to Takamina in the past and it triggered her personality switches.

Nami's out now. What's going to happen?

Update soon! :bow:

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 12:19:54 AM »
Ah... Minami's father is a trigger for her DID, when he talked about abusement.

He might have abuse Minami throughout her childhood or even now, May be...

What about her mother?

Ah... Minami is creative producer...

Nami is wannabe idol

Then Kai is idol, PERSONA

and Jane Doe is a thief

Do I guess correctly...?

What's going to happen next?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for an interesting new story

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Yhuiii

• as long as Mayu's here
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 12:58:32 AM »
this story is very interesting :glasses:
I wonder what acchan would do  :bingo:
facing three personalities  :wahaha:
Update soon  :on woohoo:
み〜んなの目線を、いただきまゆゆ

Offline Drakon

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 01:27:24 AM »
That's interesting. But ... where Minami version Maji? ... instead Kai ... (dreams dreams) ...

Offline phoenix0i

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Aigoo! Hwaiting!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:23 AM »
2 personalities down. 2 to go. Haha.
D.I.D. surely is interesting.

Does Nami have a Kansai dialect? Haha.
Well, I think, I watch out for the surprises of this fic.  ;)
Discovering the wonders of your vague imagination.
Taeny, Atsumina and SayaMilky <3

Offline deguchi

• Member+
  • try to open up my self
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 11:58:43 AM »
Nice one author-san!!
If I may say I also want maji takamina, the cop one :)
2 more to go, how acchan will handle it?
just love to read alot of fiction story

Offline Ren-kun

• Atsumina and Kojiyuu shipper
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
ohoho..a wild nami appears..   :lol:

I have a feeling that if nami joins acchan, yuko and haruna for lunch and she sees how yuko acts towards nyannyan, nami will keep insulting yuko for being an "L"..
wchibi bantering is always fun to watch read..  :glasses:

I also have a feeling that kai will be the playboy personality..like, dr.maeda would be confused to see minami flirting with various girls until it makes her jealous..hehe..  :nya:

on another note, I'm kinda intrigued with psychology so the plot is really interesting for me..the story is also nicely written..  :twothumbs
I hope you'll keep updating..  :onioncheer:
Fanfic Favorites:
Mendol Ikemen-Idol (AKB48 x Mendol)               Travel To A Distant World (AKB48 + AU)               GunSword: Shikaku Kankei Saga (AKB48 AU)
The Price of Fame (AKB48 x Mendol)                                             Pioneer Guardians (AKB48 AU)
RIVER (AKB48 AU)                                             Love Stoned (AKB48 AU)
Filling in the Gaps (Majisuka OS)                                             What's Mine is Mine (AKB48)
Portraits (AKB48)                                             A Bit Blind to Love (AKB48)
Memories (AKB48 AU)                                             You Are My Sunshine (AKB48 AU)
                                                            The Ultimatum (AKB48 AU)
                                                            Killer Queen (AKB48 AU)
                                                            How You Stole My Heart (AKB48 AU)

[Completed] || [Main Story Completed but Side Stories In Progress] || [Work In Progress]

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Niji