JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: RIO - The Unconvensional (Knoxx Remix)

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 38788 times)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2015, 02:38:20 PM »
Link for the event: http://girlsbomb.com/2016.1.11.html

Is it a return or relaunch? Thought I read somewhere it's going to be all new members.

1/11 = Coming of Age Day so expect to see a lot of young women in furisode! Even if you're working or not in Japan, there should be a fair share of pics on the Internet that day/week!

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2015, 03:46:32 PM »
The line-up has some nice surprises. Haven't heard from Yururirapo for a while. Otherwise a lot of the regular upcoming groups that appear nowadays at Girl's Bomb, like Festive.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2015, 09:53:59 PM »
Thought I read somewhere it's going to be all new members.

no way that happens, since the three remaining girls are still active on twitter, linked to the group and posting photos together recently, anxious for the return to stages. Specially my lovely Natsumi  :wub:

apparently there will be two new members, though I think they could continue as a trio perfectly fine. damn, they could continue even as Next Shojo, with only one girl (Natsumi ofc) for all I care.  :lol:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 10:42:28 PM »
despite the trash wotas presence, the big Koushien festival was very nice. several acts that I like, several idols that I could see/meet for the first time...

Lyrical School and Party Rockets GT had nice shows below average fanservice/activities. thanks to wattstax met with Arisa from PiiiiiiiN for the first time and damn, those puppy eyes are just  :heart:

and the biggest show for me: Mari Mizuta. I liked her as Izukoneko. I liked her, a little less maybe, as pla2me. but damn, now as herself she is just... the best thing ever.  :bow: one of my best interactions till now, she was just... a talking machine, had to cut it otherwise we would stay there forever rofl she is so fucking lovely and funny, I just can't understand how it took so long for me to finally talk with her. since she doesn't have agency or manager nowadays, she does all by herself. you just stop by her goods stand and start talking freely with her. THIS is real fanservice (reminded my good old days with BiS when they were an obscure group and I'd talk freely with Pour Lui) and a real idol. I'm really amazed by her effort put in all this, specially since she lives in Osaka and has to always carry those stuff alone through everywhere.

yeah, to summarize this day will be remarked in my memory as the day I became enamored with Mari.  :lol:

ps: met with rezar for the first time. he is actually a nice guy, not the dumb dude I imagined from his posts in this forum.  :P

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 02:06:14 AM »
Mari is definitely awesome. Still annoyed with myself for not seeing her new solo project or mtopi yet.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2015, 07:36:01 AM »
ps: met with rezar for the first time. he is actually a nice guy, not the dumb dude I imagined from his posts in this forum.  :P

Thanks.... I guess  :angry:

Yeah it was a great little festival, got some nice semi-drunken chekis with a couple of girls, I actually managed to smile in them unlike my previous ones, I particularily like the one I got with Ayaka (Lyrical School).

And the Baseball girls remembered my name which I thought was pretty nice considering it was two weeks ago I met them. (unfortunately I couldn't watch Piiiiiiin because of the scheduling, but I'll see them at the one-man on the 3'rd).

About the "trash wotas" I barely noticed them, I've seen much worse on my trip.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:52 PM »
Wow, the TIF festival 2016 will be held from August 5 to 7. That is right - 3 days!

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2016, 03:45:20 PM »
From the
Quote from: google translate
venue Hospitality further enhance Idol product sales-handshake meeting that its many, rest space and installation for the intense heat measures, such as the expansion of the food space, we will create an environment that the customer can enjoy the TIF2016 more comfortable.

That all sounds nice, I might consider going.  :cow:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »
if they were to REALLY 'create a better environment', they'd relocate that fucking festival to Makuhari Messe, with all stages mounted inside the halls. 

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2016, 03:55:43 PM »
The intentions sound good - for both idols and fans. I remember Annya of Passpo tweeting something in summer as well, that she wishes cooler places for the events. I could imagine something like Doll Factory acting as event area. In my opinion it would just be enough, to shadow the Marketing Square/Greeting Area. Put the food court right next to it. I can't imagine a suitable venue in the vicinity which could accomodate it all. And to be true, meeting the idols outside in the wide area that is Marketing Square would be impossible to recreate in any indoor venue, even Zepp Diver City.
But let's be honest here: TIF managemant doesn't want to improve in quality, but quantity. I am sure of it. Prolonging the festival to 3 days will allow them to invite 200 groups or more, instead of making the individual sets longer and the way between the stages shorter/less frequent. I am also afraid of them adding additional venues again which are far outside, like Venus Fort or Zepp Tokyo.

btw Tsutomo, what you mentioned was my idea I told you back then ;) It would be the best solution. Kinda like @JAM, but wider.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 04:18:39 PM »
I wish the Japanese realized that benches and chairs exist!

(yes I know there are like 8 benches in the area but seriously)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2016, 02:39:40 AM »
If things go the way they have been, 1/4th of the 200 groups they invite will be pretty much unknown but probably have some agency/Fuji TV connections.

If the idols who appeared on Idol Summit were any indication of who will be invited, looks like Kamiyado might break in to those ranks? BiSH and POP won't be back but maybe Maison book girl or BILLIE IDLE could get invited? PassCode will probably be back despite attracting one of the most dangerous crowds.

How about the organizers not put those groups on the stage near Gundam or Fuji TV? Oh yeah, it's because no one actually puts any thought into the timetables. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's probably not a good idea to have groups that have wild fans or attract trashy wota to perform right next to a shopping center or TV station.

Saw construction of a big dome taking place out in the lot past where the Marketing Square/Greeting Area was. If they could use that, it would save a lot of people.

Either way, adding another day to an event that's mostly outdoors during the hottest month of the year and spreading out in Odaiba, which has no shade, is kind of cruel, especially when the organizers don't want the fans to do anything but just stand there. Guaranteed some idiots are gonna do dumb stuff in the free areas again.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:33:00 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2016, 05:12:17 AM »
yea, the free areas... Don't talk about it.
I have nothing against the groups of BiSH or PassCode calibre, but they should just perform indoors -so no idiots there who come for free- and they should have ALL their performances on this one stage, nothing else. Name could be "Danger Zone" or something.

About chairs: I don't mind having none. I always have a plastic bag with me to sit on it on the grass. It is the shadow that is missing.

Any ideas how they could do the festival in Odaiba without the regular crowd and tourists in the mix? Saw the dome thingy, but isn't it too small for a stage? And I am sure they want to keep a lot of stages on the outside. I guess even the agencies want that so that passerbys will hear/see the groups (free advertising).

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
Hello guys, so it seems you went to TIF a couple of times already. I was thinking of booking a trip to Japan for a month, for TIF (& Comiket). Do you think it's worth it? Or would there be other better idol festivals later this year? (Though it also depends of the lineup I guess, which we still don't have... according to the website, last year's seemed great).
Also, is there regular meetups with other wota foreigners for this one? I think I read something like that somewhere...

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 09:55:07 PM »
My first trip to Japan was for TIF last year, and  while did enjoy it I would frankly suggest you go to Japan at a time where it isn't extremely hot and humid (so not July/August).

There are many things to consider when going to something like TIF, even if there is 10 bands you really really like to see you will end up missing half of them because they play at the same time or you can't make it because they play at stages far apart.

There really wasn't any kind of meetup last year, some people randomly bumped into each other - I did meet up with a guy from reddit and with wattstax though.

My suggestion is to plan your trip around a group you really like instead, go for a one-man with them and the remaining days there will be plenty of idol concerts.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:36 PM »
Hello guys, so it seems you went to TIF a couple of times already. I was thinking of booking a trip to Japan for a month, for TIF (& Comiket). Do you think it's worth it? Or would there be other better idol festivals later this year? (Though it also depends of the lineup I guess, which we still don't have... according to the website, last year's seemed great).
Also, is there regular meetups with other wota foreigners for this one? I think I read something like that somewhere...

I've never been to TIF before, but from what I've read from people who went on this forum, and others who have been to both that and normal idol festivals/events... it seems a lot more worth to just go to the normal idol festivals/events. Basically what Rezar said in the post above. Personally I find the August weather in Japan unbearable. And an outside festival at that time sounds like a death trap. It also depends what idol groups you like... I think for some people a lot of their favourite groups go there and it suits them well (apart from the scheduling issues mentioned above) but for other people, there isn't really anyone there they follow.

Chihiro

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 10:56:58 PM »
Thanks for the answers.
Yeah, I guess the heat can't be ignored. I'm actually somewhat new to the idol world (at least, real life idols) so I'm not too knowledgeable on the various idol fes/events.

My suggestion is to plan your trip around a group you really like instead, go for a one-man with them and the remaining days there will be plenty of idol concerts.

I think my problem would be finding them, I kind of have a hard time to get sources for this kind of infos - as the only group I've actively been following is AKB so far. Where do you guys go for that? (Sorry if it's going a bit off-topic)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »
^ AKB are very unlikely to appear at TIF. Sometimes SKE or HKT do TIF. AKB do daily theatre shows which are very hard to get tickets to. Basically, if you apply for their shows everyday, I'd say expect to get a ticket once a month or worse... The bigger AKB concerts are easier to get tickets for... basically the bigger the concert the easier it becomes... if they do dome concerts nowadays you should be able to get tickets... AKB also do handshake events etc, the ones for spring/summer are currently on sale now. The thing is, with AKB, the application window for any event is only a few days long and it's all lottery based. 

Chihiro

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 11:32:12 PM »
Yup, I know AKB wouldn't be at TIF (actually I said AKB for the general 48G, but I like HKT a lot more, so that would've been fine if they appeared like last year)— but yeah, it does seem hard to get a theater ticket. If they ever have a dome concert toward the end of the year I'll think about it, are those lottery-based too or just first-come first-served? (I'm not too interested in handshakes though.)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:52 PM »
^ All AKB stuff is lottery nowadays. They tend to only do Domes in the summer. Either way, it's basically first round sales is fanclub members (which you can apply for online on the AKB website) and then second round is general sales. Nowadays all tickets are sold on https://ticket.akb48-group.com/
AKB generally follow the same pattern of releases/concerts etc every year so it's easy to predict roughly when each of their concerts are gonna be if you look at the last few years.

Chihiro

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: RIO - The Unconvensional (Knoxx Remix)