JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - U ~KREVA REMIX~ featuring KICK THE CAN CREW

Author Topic: [02/26] Morning Musume '16 to be the MAIN GUEST of Anime Matsuri in Houston, TX  (Read 25985 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
It might be too much money for me to stay for only a weekend T___T

Although I'm kind of regretting it as I would love to visit the Space Center while I'm there and see the space rockets and touch moon rocks ;___;

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
It might be too much money for me to stay for only a weekend T___T

Although I'm kind of regretting it as I would love to visit the Space Center while I'm there and see the space rockets and touch moon rocks ;___;

Well we'll we be close to the "Rockets"  At least one more person I crossed an ocean :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Have there been any autograph sessions announced yet?

Also, ffffffffffffffffffffffffff Houston doesn't have a good public transport system, making travel logistics so much more expensive and complicated. I really don't want to rent a car, guys, but that will make coordination of getting to the hotel/convention vs. different flight times a bitch.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:15:19 AM by Rayle »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Have there been any autograph sessions announced yet?

Also, ffffffffffffffffffffffffff Houston doesn't have a good public transport system, making travel logistics so much more expensive and complicated. I really don't want to rent a car, guys, but that will make coordination of getting to the hotel/convention vs. different flight times a bitch.

I got lucky to find a bus that leads to my hotel.

As for autograph sessions, none as of yet.  Check in with their Facebook, it is usually the best way to know of updates :nervous

https://www.facebook.com/AnimeMatsuri

And I just noticed the date should be on the 27th not the 26th but a Q&A on Friday
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:45:47 AM by kuro_808 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Alright, so I'll be flying in Friday morning and leaving Monday Evening. Unfortunately I only have a normal pass so I won't be able to catch up with super pass folk xD

Also unfortunate news, Quietriot now can't make it cuz of job obligations that coincide with the feb date ;n;

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Alright, so I'll be flying in Friday morning and leaving Monday Evening. Unfortunately I only have a normal pass so I won't be able to catch up with super pass folk xD

Also unfortunate news, Quietriot now can't make it cuz of job obligations that coincide with the feb date ;n;

Just enjoy it, until the schedule is release we can always figure out times when there are lulls XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Oh man, why did I think it'd be any different from convention concerts at AX xD

So the seats are on a flat plane, that means short people like me are screwed when it comes to actually seeing the action up front xD Let's hope there's screens!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87

So the seats are on a flat plane, that means short people like me are screwed when it comes to actually seeing the action up front xD Let's hope there's screens!

they should have them... hopefully... maybe I can contact some of the guys going to see how it is :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Hotel update: my need for roommates has been fulfilled. Also had to do a bit of reservation chicanery to claim a two-bed room at the main hotel for the whole weekend. :lol: If the first post is still being updated you can replace Quietriot with Rayle and kitaoji on the "going" list.

I really like the online schedule website they're using; helpful for us smartphone users who don't wanna carry an extra piece of paper with us. Fanime needs to take note, dammit!

February 25th has two NRT-IAH (Narita and George Bush respectively) flights coming in that day, in case anyone wants to gather for another airport greeting. The 1:45pm arrival is most likely but kitaoji and I are getting there in time for the early morning arrival just in case. XD

Better get practicing on your jumping abilities! :P No really, as another short(ish) person, jumping worked pretty well for me (and made things a bit more fun) in New York when I got stuck behind a big dude blocking half my view. Or maybe use your small size to squirm your way to the front!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:39:12 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
^ it doesn't help for me either XD Yuu can always use somebody to shield forward or kill people along the way :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline BigFreaky

• 一番カワイイ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Flight booked, staying with a friend who lives in town. Don't have a con pass yet, trying to figure that out. Flight was super cheap, so I'm going to Houston just cuz, hope to make it to con, but... we'll see.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
The schedule has been updated with more panels and what not so I guess the big question becomes what will happen such things...

Anyways always take a look for other stuffs that may interest you...

http://animematsurix2016.sched.org/

EDIT: Q&A and autographs added :hip smile:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:39:21 AM by kuro_808 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rayle

• Member+
HAH I fucking knew it, they added activities. Damn, now I need to have merch for them to sign. I wonder if they'll allow non-H!P merch this time, or if I'll need to hit up dealer's hall. Ooh, I could get my NY Zukki towel signed!

For the peeps doing press, I came up with some generic interview questions:

Now with your experiences and hindsight, how would you change your audition for MM? (if you had to audition for MM again)

One of H!P's strengths is how the music covers a wide variety of styles.
1. Do you have a particular favorite genre you like in H!P songs? (Disco, electro, ska, rock, etc.)
2. Are there any genres that you haven't sung for, and would like to tackle? (jazz, bossa nova, rap, R&B, etc.)

Similarly, are there any dance styles you'd like to challenge?

What's your number one tip to people doing odottemita?
Do you have any tips for foreigners doing fan covers on their pronunciation?

What's your favorite social media platform, and why?

Is there anything you think American music can learn from MM's music?

Which member is the most competitive over the silliest/weirdest things?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
^ Lucky I have some stuff from Japan that they could sign.

I'm also thinking that if there will be a vendor selling stuff from Prism or Gradation so the fans can actually buy stuff (not like my experience of dishing out for a towel after the concert :nervous)

My only issue is really just if to enjoy the whole thing we have stuff to do other than that just be merry and crash for the following day :lol:

For me personally, I want to see what else is there to expect since they are going to do it here again supposedly (rumor has it again at the same time as last year "Black Friday" :roll:)  Since I had volunteered I got to know some of the people and hopefully bring a bit of Hawaii there :cow:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
As a heads up for people without a Superpass

http://animematsurix2016.sched.org/event/68BZ/ticket-distrubtion-morning-musume-16-concert

TBH sounds BS although come early and get your ticket :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
It looks like Chelsea might not be coming, she had a severe injury and will be out for a month

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
It looks like Chelsea might not be coming, she had a severe injury and will be out for a month

may need translators hehe

http://www.helloproject.com/news/4401/

hope she gets better or if she does come, crutches?

Also, something worth reading...

http://www.animematsuri.com/info/autograph-policy/

:cough:OMFGthisisratherBS:cough:  :smhid
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Fuck, that means that people will storm the Dealer's Hall booth. If all of the merch is gone by the time I even arrive in Houston, I'm fucked.
On the up side, if they're good about only letting one raffle ticket per person, then it's a fair shake lottery.

And I didn't get an autograph or handshake in NY, either, so I'll live without it.

Hah, y'all non-Superpass holders will probably have to camp overnight. Or at the latest, 6AM.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - U ~KREVA REMIX~ featuring KICK THE CAN CREW