JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Yi Ge

Author Topic: [News] Morning Musume '16 to hold 13th gen auditions  (Read 14545 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[News] Morning Musume '16 to hold 13th gen auditions
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »
Just popped up on twitter, it was announced at a concert

https://twitter.com/hipnewsservice/status/683207728270045184
https://twitter.com/hello_base/status/683205729742749696

This is probably the first time I outright say I don't like an audition happening. :?

Just because H!P has SO MANY NEW MEMBERS and I wanted time for current MM to establish its new leads...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: [News] Morning Musume '16 to hold 13th gen auditions
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »

ALREADY TRYING TO REPLACE RIHO OMG

Yeah, this is a bit too soon...but then again Riho's grad process was pretty fast too. Perhaps this will be another solo generation?
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:20:43 AM »
Yeah I guess I just don't know what they are looking for. If it's a new ace, something like that isn't easily found, and I see them doing the "no winner" thing. If it's another crop of generally good members, right now, I really don't see the point with 12th gen still settling in.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »
I have to agree it's a little shocking to hear this.  I'm not sure what it'll be but maybe one of those things if they can find someone to fit it'll be fine or just another proxy audition to set up :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 07:12:19 PM »
 I preditc that  they're gonna announce that there's no winner. And then suddenly Uta-chan's intro music will interrupt Makoto's announcement, WWE-style...   :lol:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:39:24 PM »
I think we all know what this audition is really about.
It's really a Kenshuusei audition!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 04:02:15 AM »
ALREADY TRYING TO REPLACE RIHO OMG
In other words, the company's management has absolutely zero faith in the 12th gen members in shouldering Morning Musume's 18-year reputation?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 10:24:53 AM »
Speaking of Kenshuusei, I could only see one non-debuted one that I thought might have a chance at being an ace, that is Saori Onoda. The other vocally capable ones like Ruru aren't conventionally cute enough to be the ace. Sakura has great vocals, yet my impression is that J-wota don't consider her a face of MM despite having tons of lines because they don't think she's cute enough. Saori is the only one I could see making people go like "ermmagrwerrdd she's so cute I'm going to DIEEE". But even that doesn't mean she's suitable for an ace position in H!P's leading ship. I thought Yanagawa and Funaki were adorable and they were put in Country Girls. In general I see a lot of KSS that people hyped a lot as trainees become just ordinary members in groups. Hamachan was supposed to be wildly popular, but she's not standing out in Kobushi to me at all. It's become more difficult to predict things...

Aside from ace material though, KSS always has good potential. Kaede Kaga has been a fav for ages, but I fear time is running out for her. :( Ruru obviously has great vocals.

I think if a new girl joins to take Riho's spot, she'll have to be pretty damn awesome. Kind of like how Riho was back then. It's still unbelievable to me, the pressure she went through at her age.

This is actually pretty crazy; I don't think MM has ever had a period when it didn't have an obvious ace. Nacchi -> Maki -> Aichan -> Riho -> ??? Also it's pretty crazy that Maki overtook Nacchi as an ace while Nacchi was still there... That's also pretty unique. :lol: It was a different time though.

EDIT: But also, if you look at the aces that MM has had so far, none of them had a cutesy voice. They all had a sort of low thing going on. If I recall correctly, Saori has a very cutesy voice? So yeah... :lol:
EDIT: No, she doesn't!!! At least talking voice :lol: But she looks very different in photos than in video :lol: Whatevs. I'm an old hag, I can't remember everything.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:57:38 AM by shirenu '16 »

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
From what i hear of the rearrangement of lines in the hp concert, so far its looking like they don't want Maachan to be the center.  Hopefully they find someone good.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »
^ Aw :( I wonder if they don't find her reliable enough (not when it comes to performing, but as someone who hides under tables when she feels like it)

Are there any reports on who is getting lines?

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
Sakura and Mizuki at least for these songs, have to wait till next single to be sure though

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 09:32:47 PM »
I feel like I remember there being an official statement when 12th gen first joined that 14 members (including Sayu) was the largest that they intended for the group to get. I might be imagining things but if that's true, then the most we'll get out of this audition is 2 new girls.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
unless someone graduates

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Yeah, I'm wondering if we DO get new members.... if they will join MM '16 or really wait until '17 to properly debut? Or if it's going to be a "no winner" thing.

Part of me wonders if they're preparing for more girls to graduate because they don't want to lose a bunch of girls and have to quickly add more new ones (like when 9th gen joined). But yeah, I feel 12th gen hasn't really been given a chance to shine as well as they could (except maybe Miki), so I feel like it seems so soon to add new girls...????

I mean, I say that and I'm sure if/when 13th gen joins I'm going to love them haha.  :lol:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 02:56:34 AM »
I'm guessing the new girls will debut late 2016 or early 2017.  usually we see the winners in september.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 05:18:20 AM »

seriously what the fuck are they doing  :doh:

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 03:26:11 PM »
This thread is what is so great about this whole forum...  people who really know stuff, have thought about stuff and can guide the thinking and understanding of the rest of us...  I never can get hold of enough information to make reliable judgments, but when I see analysis such as Shirenu's above, and everyone else adding their bit, it reminds me why I am so thankful for JPHiP !!!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 07:52:50 AM »
Miayabi San and I are putting $20
On Kokoro Maeda.....it's a long shot,
but the odds would pay very well if she was
chosen ......

And Miyabi san knows the ponies... :otomerika:

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 02:05:39 PM »
Looks like nobody won and they're restarting the auditions?
http://www.nikkansports.com/m/entertainment/news/1656074_m.html

There's been a lot of speculation that the winners would be announced at Zukki's grad concert, but nothing happened, so it looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer again.

(in other news here comes more KSS :P)
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1409115635767115
According to this report, 13th gen will be revealed next month at Momusu's tour final at Budokan! And apparently they're all gonna be picked from KSS!

Who could be getting in??? And how many???
ねぇ、笑って?

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Yi Ge