JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Requiem

Author Topic: [TV] Produce 101 Season 1  (Read 28433 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
[TV] Produce 101 Season 1
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:12:38 PM »

Produce 101 is a k-pop reality survival show where 101 trainees from numerous agencies compete to form an eleven member idol girl group. The members and rankings are exclusively determined by audience votes, audience meaning the people of South Korea and the whole damn world. After 11 episodes and several eliminations, 11 girls will remain and form a group that will promote under YMC Entertainment starting in April 2016 until the end of the year.

Many of you may remember this destructive earworm:

While the song may be a crime against humanity, the girls and the blood, sweat and tears they shed (helped by Mnet's nefarious black magic editing) win you over and your soul is utterly and completely consumed.

Things begin with trainee evaluations, where trainees from various agencies perform to (an excellent) panel of female mentors (Ex-After School Kahi, Brown Eyed Girls' Jea, Unpretty Rapstar 1 winner Cheetah etc) who then grade and group them by skill level. Things get really going in ep 3 when the girls perform girl group debut songs in groups of 4-5, fighting for audience bonus votes that could save a lot of them from the first mass elimination set to happen in episode 5.

Voting

Did I mention anyone can vote in this thing?

You can register and vote for your 11-girl lineup every day. You can also vote in the item support event, where votes eventually "unlock" gifts (such as lip balm and gift baskets) for the girls.

Main Voting Site (twitter or facebook registration required, 11 girls per day)
Item Support Voting (no registration required, one girl per day)

Here's a brief tutorial on how to vote, provided by Team Produce 101.

NOTE: The voting is currently closed and will continue after tomorrow's eliminations.

Episodes:

All subs by Team Produce 101, hosted at openload and/or dailymotion.

Ep 01 - 2016-01-22 - full
Ep 02 - 2016-01-29 - full
Ep 03 - 2016-02-05 - full
Ep 04 - 2016-02-12 - full
Ep 05 - 2016-02-19 - full
Ep 06 - 2016-02-26 - full, dailymotion 1/2, dailymotion 2/2 (pw: produce102)
Ep 07 - 2016-03-04 - full, dailymotion 1/2, dailymotion 2/2
Ep 08 - 2016-03-11 - full, dailymotion 1/2, dailymotion 2/2
Ep 09 - 2016-03-18 - full, dailymotion 1/2, dailymotion 2/2
Ep 10 - 2016-03-25 - full, dailymotion 1/2, dailymotion 2/2
Ep 11 - 2016-04-01 - full, dailymotion 1/3, dailymotion 2/3, dailymotion 3/3

Rankings:

Rankings are usually posted at the end of each episode. Tables provided by Team Produce 101.

Ep 01 - I'll post one if I find one
Ep 02 - 2016-01-29 official rankings
Ep 03 - 2016-02-05 official rankings
Ep 04 - Audience vote rankings (official rankings not revealed)
Ep 05 - 2016-02-19 official rankings, detailed rankings with vote amounts (korean)
Ep 06 - 2016-02-26 official rankings
Ep 07
Ep 08 - 2016-03-11 official rankings
Ep 09
Ep 10 - 2016-03-25 official ranking + ranking without concept stage benefit
Ep 11

Links:

Team Produce 101 (subs & info) twitter, tumblr
- These guys are the source of subtitles and most of the information, graphs and stuff here so all the credit to them

Pre-show videos: Self Intros, Hidden Box
Contestants Social Media Accounts (by fy-produce101)
"Pick Me" individual performances (note, these are on the terrible mnet video player)
Girl Group Debut Song Performance Solo angles
Vocal, Dance & Rap Team Solo angles

More handy links at Team PD101 tumblar link page.

So, are you watching the show? What do you think? Who are your favorites? Who is in your team?

And if you're not watching, what's the matter with you? Go on, first fix is free. :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:25:47 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Produce 101
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »
This show is my latest crack cocaine... here's my current team:

01. Kim Sejeong, 19 (Jellyfish) Kind and talented to boot, she has won pretty much everyone over from day one with her skills, energy and positive attitude.
02. Jeon Somi, 14 (JYP) Somi is a half-Canadian wunderkind (of Sixteen fame) and by far the most famous trainee on the show.
03. Choi Yoojung, 16 (Fantagio) Pick Me frontgirl, a bundle of energy and cuteness with dancing skills. A natural performer.
04. Kim Doyeon, 16 (Fantagio) Stunning and tall, quite the capable dancer but widely recognized for her looks.
05. Kim Dani, 16 (MBK) Dani's coming has been foretold in the book of T-ara, chapter N4 since the dawn of Day by Day. Could it finally be the time of glorious debut?

06. Yu Yeunjung, 16 (Starship) Lurked behind the scenes until episode 3, where she pretty much blew everyone away doing the lead vocals of ITNW perfectly.
07. Jeon Soyeon, 17 (Cube) Cute chipmunk rapper and possible Top Madam #2.
08. Kang Mina, 16 (Jellyfish) Adorable and ever so slightly chubby. She kind of reminds me of Aibon somehow.
09. Yu Sua, 18 (MJ) Dancer extraordinaire, Sua is the only trainee on my team that might be in danger of being eliminated tomorrow.
10. Park Soyeon, 16 (Loen) Great dancer and a fine rapper. Cool chick.

11. Kim Sohye, 16 (Redline) Sohye, an actress trainee, started as a joke but her hard-working-if-not-too-talented-underdog story is really striking a chord with people. And her cute student-teacher relationship with Sejeong is the best thing on the show and it must continue or else. >:|

:heart: :heart:

But I have to admit my team keeps changing constantly (as it should, really, because it's hard to get airtime on a show with 101 competitors), here's some people lurking just outside the current line-up:

Cathy, 20 (MBK) Cathy got a lot of blame for being a sly fox in general during the girl group performances, but she's beautiful and quite capable.
Lim Nayong, 20 (Pledis) Dubbed the girl with no emotions, my favorite of the Pledis trainees. Very attractive ice princess.
Chaeyeon, 20 (MBK) The perfect plastic creation has mostly impressed with her good looks. Good job mister surgeon.
Park Minji, 16 (Magic Fresh) Rocked Kara's Break It performance at lead vocals, another hidden gem.
Kim Chungha, 19 (M&H) Really good dancer, hot.
Kim Nayong, 20 (Jellyfish) The lost Jellyfish girl, attractive and talented.

There's many more really, I keep finding new girls I wanna throw my support at all the time. Post your teams if you've got 'em!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:25:17 PM by Stryfe »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
Soz I don't quite have the energy to reply with enthusiasm..

I am watching,

I vote Dani, Sejeong, Yoojung, Yeunjung and Soyeon from Stryfe's list,
and then the Chinese girl who smiles a lot,
I'm considering voting Lim Nayong,
and the rest are kind of random right now, as I'm waiting to see who are eliminated. Because I had voted for some bottom girls before.
and I also like Sohye but I'm not voting for her. I have a feeling she won't need to debut in this group to be around, if for some reason I will miss her, which might not happen because it's just reality tv! lol
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:26:21 AM »
I didn't think I'd actually look forward to each episode when I started watching this >_<

As for my favorites, I'd definitely say Im Nayoung because she's the most realistic human-looking robot ever! Plus she's a cutie.
Choi Yujeong, i dunno why but she caught my attention when I first saw that terribad Pick Me performance. I guess that's why she's the center right? Bonus clip of her in high school
Kang Sira - I liked her voice when she auditioned and she's purty.
Chaeyeon - My bias in DIA so yeah easy choice to root for her here.
Kim Sejeong - Obviously a great talent, but the last two? episodes of her helping out Sohye made me like her more.
Kwon Eunbin, Kim Chungha and Kang Mina are maybe not favorites, but I like them as well.

Eliminations are this week...and a broken camera :o

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
I didn't think I'd actually look forward to each episode when I started watching this >_<

I thought I'd probably enjoy it as I love all the trainee shitz, but I didn't expect it to be this addictive. We're also not alone, the rising ratings are surprising everyone, including the agencies:

People might think that getting into top 11 is the perfect chance for all trainees. The reason is because those trainees will be able to debut in CJ’s project girl group for 10 months. On the other hand, trainees ranked from 12th place & below will have to return to their own companies and continue their training lessons.

However, at the start, the most-wanted place of all agencies has been place 12th. Trainees might get more famous, but spending 10 months promoting in CJ is somewhat wasteful. After 10 months, related agencies will have to decide whether to extend the life of the project group, and tons of paper work with CJ company will have to be done. It seems like the most perfect scenery is to be at 12th place and to be eliminated. By doing that, the trainee both got fame, so when she goes back to her company, she’s confirmed to be able to make debut.

For now, the situation has changed. The show is attracting more viewers than expected. “The famous trainees in our show has become real stars. If they can survive until the end, we know for sure they will be the best new girl group in year 2016″. “Now when you search for Jellyfish, Fantagio on Naver, Sung Sikyoung and Ha Jung Woo (the companies’ famous singers) name won’t come out, but instead “kim Sejong” and “Choi Yu Jung” would pop out. Their fame is not a joke even for now, so I think rather than being at 12th place, getting into top 11 to be official member of this group should be better”

One agency representative said: “To be honest we had a lot of worries about joining this show. After 10 months, the group will disband and we wonder if that member can easily go back to our company. Yet for now we don’t need to worry about that anymore. No matter how much score our trainees get, everyone is benefited because all agencies have been promoted.”

I actually don't have TOO many feels about the eliminations, since very few of my favorites are in real danger... but I expect it to be highly emotional still. So many newfound friends will be torn apart... these girls are gonna bawl their hearts out.

T____T
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:27:29 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »

Top 11 after the first five episodes. Full results (in Korean) here.

Wonderful episode, they called the people who made it out one by one, showed their votes and allowed everyone to comment, too. It got very emotional at times, as expected. There was some backstage stuff and shenanigans, pranks, all in all this show is just improving as it goes on. I mean, idols make getting vaccinations entertaining. And what was with the weight watchers stuff haha... poor Mina.

Sejeong and Somi really ran ahead with 500k+ votes each. Yoojung hopped from #8 to #3 and Sohye made the top 11. Just outside top 11, Yu Yeunjung did a monstrous rise on the charts from #55 to #12.

Everyone on my team made it, Sua had a close call at #57. Park Minji, who was on my watchlist, didn't, probably because her performance was way too late to improve her standing. :/

Shock!!! (at their vote amounts, I think) Also Sejeong was a sweetheart 'til the end and said she's close to Somi so stop making them rivals! xD

--

Next week's missions include some boyband songs... maybe some The Ark vibes in the air? O0

And a reminder, voting is open again until March 5th! And everyone starts from zero again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:25:19 PM by Stryfe »

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 12:41:52 AM »
I'm not following this closely as in voting and checking things daily but since watching ep 1 (or was it 2?) I'm hooked.

I don't have a team either but
Choi Yoojung is my girl  :heart: she is so cute and kind and considerate, she deserves the world. For that music high school clip alone she deserves #1  XD (thanks for the video link since the youtube one is blocked here...)
The other girl important is Kim Sohye. She's also super cute and kind but also what I think I would be like in that situation so that makes her super adorable.

Some of the other popular girls are also good and a couple of those who are low in the ranking too. But these two are the only I really "care" about still when watching the next ep.
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »
WHEW...Kang Sira made it! Barely! I felt like she was going to get eliminated, she probably will next time :/
I'm surprised Risa made it through. Didn't get quite the amount of editing as Sohye so I didn't think viewers would vote for her since her talents aren't, you know, that great XD.
Top 11 not too much of a surprise other than Sohye. Jellyfish girls, MBK, Somi and Choi Yujeong are always going to be at the top.

EP5 them hidden cameras are always good lol.

OFF-TOPIC: Speaking of The Ark...they were spotted on the streets doing some dance covers a few days ago, but they were wearing those face masks so people weren't too sure it was them. But it was. Here's hoping for a comeback in the near future!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »
Some pre-debut (well, pre-produce 101) stuff of my favorites:

It hasn't actually been talked about on the show I think, but Kim Sejeong was on K-pop Star season 2, back when she was still 16. She has a few more performances on the channel.

A cute little clip of Yoojung acting. And here's that youtube full version of the high school vid. Also found the Yoojung cuts on Google Drive.

My favorite moment has to be when the truck arrives and Yoojung starts dancing to it. :lol:

This has to be my fave ye olde Somi moment (starting at 36:35), or at least fave Somi's dad - moment. So heartwarming. :P

OFF-TOPIC: Speaking of The Ark...they were spotted on the streets doing some dance covers a few days ago, but they were wearing those face masks so people weren't too sure it was them. But it was. Here's hoping for a comeback in the near future!

Yeah, here's hoping, been far too long. Another Produce 101 - The Ark connection:

Yu Yeunjung is friends with Jane. Also, Kim Sohye appears in The Ark's music video (1:44) as Halla's classmate. :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »

Next week preview with subs. Vocal/Dance/Rap team battles, winner gets 100k votes, although no idea about any specifics. Winning team? Winning girl? Do they share the votes? Guess we'll find out.

Performances went down, here's a list of the teams (or here with visuals). Man, Bang Bang team... seems almost unfair. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Se_jeong_101/status/701401950135320576

Angel sighting.  :love:  Some more from the perfs:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:57:29 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »

The five Fantagio trainees on the show are part of Fantagio's i-Teen girls, here's four of them (Chu Yejin missing) performing in 2014.

Sohye, damn. The transformation is real. She's in dance section, doing Sunmi's Full Moon.

Yoojung in her Bang Bang garb. From what little footage I've seen, she looks sharp and fierce. Should be good.

Kim Chungha, daaamn. Also in the Bang Bang group, which is, by all accounts, going to destroy.

And a bonus, Cube's Kwon Eunbean channeling her inner pirate. Arr. Also in da Bang x2.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:17 AM »
Episode 5 subs are out: part 1, part 2

Just as I need to sleep, too... oh well.

Bonus Bang Bang Yoojung. :heart:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 02:13:48 AM »
So this just happend
#권은빈 (EUNBIN) 2000. 1. 6. (만 16세) #CLC #REFRESH

Guess we won't be seeing Eunbin anymore in p101 after ep6 & 7 xD

Well, I guess this sorta clears it up?
[INFO] CUBE stated that Eunbean is not going to promote with CLC until Produce101 ends so she can still debut as a member of PD101's group.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:02:57 AM by storyboard »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »
Also saw this regarding her:

So yeah, weird with a beard. She's in, but she can't do anything until P101 is over. Revealing her will guarantee she won't make it to top 11 at least, not that I thought she would in the first place.

Also, Chaeyeon recently went blonde, so people are speculating DIA might be doing a similar thing...

Using Produce 101 for publicity, well, can't hurt I guess.

Ep. 6 is tonight, but Mnet have already released a performance in youtube.

Amusingly enough, this vid is titled Juna vs Yeunjung... although there's six girls performing. :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »

I love mnet's trolling haha. This was from the teaser, where they "failed" to obscure an image (You can tell from the piece of hangul that #1 is Kang).

So of course people expected Kang Sira to win the vocal #1, but it was NOT from the final standing. Brilliant and evil. :lol:

Sejeong 406, Sira 337, Yeunjung 317.

Sira and Yeunjung were the stars of the power vocal department, but I honestly preferred Sejeong's performance to theirs. That voice is just honey, it's something special.

One thing's for sure, this group is going to have some great vocals at least. And I'll be considering Kang Sira from now on when making my team:thumbup

edit: It is done, Sira gets Sohye's spot, who is way too high to begin with.

New overall ranking! Sira is gonna climb sooo hard next week. :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:35:00 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 06:26:51 PM »

Ep.7 preview with the dance and rap teams.

https://twitter.com/teampd101/status/704712869401731072

Once again, Mnet is trolling us hard, posting a "lazily obscured" ranking, which probably isn't the final ranking after all... :P

I'm thinking some of the girls either weren't told or just didn't understand the rules properly, because trying to outdo someone in a group of 7 is crazy hard. Bang Bang has a whole bunch of popular girls, seems pretty damn difficult to stand out enough to win 100k. Hell, even Sohye could win this... :lol:

Anyway... My body is ready.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »
Here's whom I voted this time:

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 01:54:19 PM »
Mnet released solo angles for the Vocal, Dance & Rap Battles, Team PD101 compiled:

http://teampd101.tumblr.com/post/140328225852/list-of-fancams-for-position-evaluation

Now that I've seen all, well, almost all of them since it gets kinda mind-numbing, some faves from the dance-rap stuff:

Yoojung, Chungha and Somi were the standouts of the Bang Bang performance to me. In the end, Yoojung steals the show with her intensity and incredibly-on-point expressions. Such a natural.

I thought the rap performances were a bit of a mess in general. Cathy was a little underwhelming, Jeon Soyeon stood out the most for me.

Park Soyeon was the star and center of Growl, but other girls did good too, Sua especially. Haeyoung was a little, I don't know, routine? Expected more from her.

I'm dead, seriously. Dead. :sweatdrop:

--

Oh and Sohye did pretty good, too! :P

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 01:30:54 AM »

This is my "I'm dead" video. I could replay this all day (ok maybe not ALL day). She might not be the most amazing dancer or whatever but fuu she looked so hot in this performance.

Stryfe, I agree with you on them rap performances. They were just bad.. I'll probably say Soyeon was the best out of the bunch. She has that little extra swag that the rest didn't really have.

Cathy and Chaeyeon were letdowns. Maybe they weren't lying when they said they signed up for this show because they felt they were lacking.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 01:13:07 AM »
Ep 6 subs are out: part 1, part 2 (pw: produce102)

--

A couple of subbed extra backstage clips, some great girlbonding. And people worshipping Stone Buddha's sexy figure.

I dug how all of the Say My Name solo angles started with her booty, gotta admit. :yep:

--

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.fi/2016/03/produce-101-changes-voting-system-again.html

Starting next round, the voting will apparently change to everyone voting for just one girl. Can't say I'm a fan of that, I enjoyed making my ideal team. Guess it'll show who really have the most rabid fans, though. No more voting for all Pledis girls or MBK girls, no more compassion votes, strategizing or trading votes. Well, of course can't get rid of all that but some, I suppose.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:19:55 PM by Stryfe »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Requiem