JPHiP Radio (34/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Faith

Author Topic: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 10 (04/03/2017)  (Read 9897 times)

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 10 (04/03/2017)
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:05 AM »
Author's note: This story has been on my mind for months now, but I hesitated a lot before starting it as I wanted to finish my other fanfic Destiny first. In the end, I couldn’t keep it to myself any longer, and decided to write it in parallel with Destiny. It's unfortunately very hard to keep an idea inside your head when it keeps taunting you day and night...

I'll ask you to be please patient as the core plot of the story will NOT be revealed in the 10 first chapters but only after that ;)

WMatsui fanfic (with FuruYanagi as a side pairing)
Characters: Jurina Matsui, Rena Matsui, Akane Takayanagi, Airi Furukawa
Genre: science-fiction, romance, drama, angst
Length: 10/?

Thanks to BT for the poster!

Story: 2050. Rena Matsui - a 26 years old charismatic young woman - is at the head of one of the most successful companies in Japan. One of her wildest dreams is to build a time machine to go back in time, a technical exploit never achieved by anyone before. To fulfill her wish she gathers a team composed of the best scientists in the country, including her best friend Akane Takayanagi. When the project reaches an impasse, she recruits a 24 years old girl praised for her talents, the charming Jurina...

If you like my fanfics, please let me know by leaving a 'thank you' or/and a comment. I love writing, but it's still something I do on my free time and it takes me quite a while to write a chapter and publish regular updates. That's why positive feedback/comments are welcomed and truly give me motivation to keep on!

BACK IN TIME
by Sophcaro

PROLOGUE

It was precisely 9:35 am when drops of water started falling heavily in the streets of Tokyo. The darkened sky had taken everyone by surprise, except for a certain woman with long, black hair who paused and glanced up to the sky. While everyone around her was now speeding up and trying desperately to take shelter from the unexpected rain, she took out her small umbrella from her handbag and opened it calmly, placing it over her head the moment after.

It is true to say the weather forecast had not announced rain, but Rena Matsui was a sagacious person. It didn’t matter all the progress science had now accomplished in 2050; meteorology was still an unpredictable parameter. After all these years, Nature was an element mankind was still unable to fully comprehend, even less bend to its will. That was why Rena had learned never to trust the weather forecast; she always went to work with a mini collapsible umbrella inside her bag.

Rena resumed her walk, ignoring the sound of the drops of water hitting loudly against her umbrella to fall deep into her thoughts. She had been working on an important project for more than four months now, without managing to reach her objective. Her young age was not in cause. Despite the fact she was only 26, she was one of the most brilliant minds of her generation. Moreover, she was surrounded by very competent colleagues, and experts in their field of work.

Rena was well aware that she was trying to accomplish something no one had ever managed to before. If she succeeded, it would be an incredible breakthrough. However, she wasn’t solely doing it for the sake of science. She also wanted to accomplish one of her most wildest dreams: to go back in time. It was a dream that formed inside her young mind when she was still an innocent child, and never left her as she progressively became a grown-up woman.

Society was more than ever turned towards the future. The country was getting robotized at an increasing speed. Japan had definitely always been at the cutting edge of technology when it came to robotics, and Rena could see how much society was changing gradually. However, no matter how much she believed society was progressively losing its humanity in favor of excessive technology, she had an absolute certitude: old civilizations still had not reveled all their secrets.

The knowledge she would acquire if she managed to build her time machine would be immeasurable and priceless.

The rain was now slightly decreasing when Rena stopped a few minutes later in front of a 25-floor building. It was one of the five buildings that belonged to her company, and that she had acquired at the sudden death of her millionaire father, Akihide Matsui. Her eyes fell onto the golden plate, Matsui corporation, before turning towards the familiar guard posted in front of the door as he addressed her.

"Welcome, Matsui-san," He bowed politely to her, opening the door to let her in, "The weather is really unfortunate today.”

Rena gave him a thankful nod, and closed her umbrella when she finally found herself in the safety of the hallway. “Thank you, Nakamura-san. Weather has always been unpredictable, and I don’t believe it will ever change.”

Although it had been very subtle, Rena didn’t miss the surprise flashing into his eyes briefly as she uttered his name correctly. The man had been hired only a week ago, and was obviously not expecting his employer to already remember his name. “Have a nice day, Matsui-san,” a pleased smile moved to his lips as he closed the door behind her carefully.

Rena took a few steps inside the quiet hallway and left her soaked umbrella at the reception, before moving towards one of the four elevators. The door opened only a few seconds later and she pressed the number 22 once inside, only to see a girl rushing into the elevator as the doors were closing progressively. Her eyes widened in surprise at the sudden irruption, and she scanned the newcomer who was soaked from head to toe. Well, it appeared someone had definitely not seen the rain coming.

“Thank you,” The girl with black, shoulder-length hair addressed her with a grateful smile, trying to catch her breath a little. Rena mustered her best polite smile, but couldn’t help feeling a bit disturbed by the view. The girl was now trying to fix her disheveled hair as best as she could, and Rena couldn’t help thinking how useless her little attempt was. Rena had no idea who that girl was - which was a little strange considering she remembered all her employees’ faces - but she had to refrain herself from saying it wasn’t just her hair that needed fixing right now. Her whole appearance was a total mess.

As if the stranger could feel her eyes on her she suddenly tilted her head in her direction, and gave her an embarrassed look. “I look awful, don’t I?” She let out a small, nervous laugh. “I’m going to a job interview. Something is telling me I’m not going to make a good first impression on my new employer.”

Rena shook her head lightly at her, trying to sound reassuring. “The rain took you by surprise. I’m sure he’ll be lenient.”

“You think?” The girl arched an eyebrow at her, and Rena could tell by her now slightly amused expression that she did not manage to make herself as convincing as she intended.

Rena had always been a very composed person, but maybe the view was just too shocking for her to stay completely imperturbable. Evidently, her perfect mask had unexpectedly slipped, and her true feelings managed to come across. And the girl was applying for a job? Surely, she had to be pretty confident in her skills to have the nerves to present herself in such a terrible state.

Rena looked away, a little troubled by the fact the stranger managed to see right through her. She took a peek at the number flashing on the wall, realizing she would soon arrive at her floor. In a few seconds, she would have all forgotten about her short encounter with the talkative, yet pretty girl. Even if Rena believed her job interview had little chance of succeeding - which reasonable employer would hire someone who looked like a mess? - she couldn’t help thinking she still looked quite attractive with her charming smile and cute dimples.

Silence enveloped them after that, and Rena suddenly realized the other girl had not pressed any button when she entered the elevator. Could she have possibly forgotten about it in her haste? Rena turned towards her, startled. “Forgive me, but what floor are you going to?”

The girl who was trying to adjust her clothes looked up at once, before giving her a somewhat confused look. “Floor 22.”

Rena stilled at the unexpected reply. She was going at the same floor as her? That was completely impossible. Only the team working on her time machine was situated on floor 22. The girl had to be mistaken. However, Rena didn’t have time to question her further that the doors had already opened, and the girl made her way outside without further ado.

Rena followed her quietly, her eyes glued on her back while trying to understand why the girl was walking so confidently towards the direction of the white door at the end of the corridor, when it was obviously a huge mistake on her behalf. She was at the wrong floor, and she needed to warn her immediately.

“Excuse me…” Rena started, but never had time to finish her sentence.

The door suddenly opened from the other side, and the familiar face of one of her most trusted colleagues - and also closest friends, Akane - came into view. The latter gave her a warm smile when she noticed her approaching, but soon diverted her attention to the girl who had occupied the same elevator as Rena, and was now standing by her side. If she found herself disconcerted by her current state, then it didn’t show. Instead, she addressed her with a kind, large smile. “You must be Jurina Matsui?”

“Yes,” Rena heard the girl who apparently shared the same surname replying. Right now, she couldn’t find herself more confused. So, it wasn’t a mistake? She was really at the right floor?

“Please come in,” Akane welcomed her. “It’s the room at the end of the corridor on your left.”

Rena watched the other girl walking away, and she approached her friend as soon as she was out of sight, now more than curious to discover what this was all about. “Who is she, Akane?”

“Who?” Her friend with long, black hair glanced back at her in confusion. “Don’t you remember you were supposed to meet candidates for the new position? She’s likely going to be your new assistant. Airi told me she has the best résumé amongst all the candidates.”

“W-what?” Rena stammered. The drenched girl she just met in the elevator was supposed to be the genius she had been looking for all this time? The person who was going to help her finish her time machine? There had to be a misunderstanding; Rena was positively sure about that. So why on earth was her friend Akane looking at her with such a serious expression?

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:29:21 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- Warriors | On hiatus (will return in December 2017)
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Feedback is deeply appreciated, and comments motivate me to write!

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Furuyanagi x Furumarion
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • #Furumarion XD
    • taengoosone
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Prologue
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:31 AM »
So why on earth was her friend Akane looking at her with such a serious expression?

Maybe your close friends are right? Rena, trust in them more.

Don't mind waiting. Update Destiny soon~

Offline Soysaucee

• I'm a DD! I can't choose!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Too bad they all graduated.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:23:50 AM »
This is great!  :twothumbs

I'll be looking forward to the subsequent chapter!

Rena! Why must you judge based on looks! If someone applied to a company like that, they must be pretty GOOD!  :lol:

Well happy writing to you!

With regards,

Soysaucee

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Long live Twin Towers! Long live WMatsui!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
    • +RukaKikuchi
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:10 AM »
Ooooh~ very interesting plot! ^_^

So... are Jurina and Rena gonna go back in time?! >w<

I can't wait to see~

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 06:48:43 AM »
Oh noo.... I love the setting....  :drool: :wub:Continue  XD :twothumbs

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Another story to add in my reading list....

Offline Raizel

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Beat Faster for Fanfiction
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 09:28:41 PM »
haha.. rena.. jurina is the genius.. :P Got you 8)

Offline Guacamoolee

• Silent reader
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 03:08:31 AM »
INTERESTING!!!!!!
The vibe is clearly different from Destiny xD
Looking forward to the next chapter~
 :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 02:51:25 AM »
I was actually surprised to see you finally posted Back in Time; I thought you would wait until you've finished Destiny (and Warriors). But then I read this new fic and now I know why you couldn't hold it any longer. THE IDEA IS GOOD! I'm so looking forward to the development of the plot and characters. Just looking at the title, I know there are many possibilities about this AU fic. And talking about time machine; really? Will they go back in time? I'm so excited to read the first chapter!

:whistle:

Ps. I know Destiny will still be your priority, but please don't forget to update Warriors. I miss the kenjutsu instructor and her protegee.

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 08:49:19 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Maybe your close friends are right? Rena, trust in them more.

Rena! Why must you judge based on looks! If someone applied to a company like that, they must be pretty GOOD!  :lol:

Well, when you face a soaked Jurina, it's hard to guess there's a 'genius' hidden underneath such a horrible state  :nervous

So... are Jurina and Rena gonna go back in time?! >w<
I can't wait to see~

The time machine is going to be put to good use, that's for sure!

Oh noo.... I love the setting....  :drool: :wub:Continue  XD :twothumbs

I'm glad you like it! I'll try to update soon  ;)

Another story to add in my reading list....

Glad to know you enjoyed this short prologue  :)

haha.. rena.. jurina is the genius.. :P Got you 8)

Jurina is going to be a great addition to Rena's team, that's for sure!

The vibe is clearly different from Destiny xD

I'll be honest: this prologue sets some basis, but it doesn't really reflect the atmosphere of the story. The plot will only be revealed after a few chapters   :thumbup

I was actually surprised to see you finally posted Back in Time; I thought you would wait until you've finished Destiny (and Warriors).

At first, I wanted to finish Destiny before starting this story, but I changed my plans a little.

Ps. I know Destiny will still be your priority, but please don't forget to update Warriors. I miss the kenjutsu instructor and her protegee.

Trust me, I never forget about Warriors! Those characters are always on my mind. Once Destiny will be over, you'll be reunited with your beloved kenjutsu instructor  :cathappy:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:35:17 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 1
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »
CHAPTER 1

Rena soon discovered her friend Akane surprisingly ended up being right when it came to the new candidate. In fact, Rena couldn’t believe how impressive her résumé was for someone of her age. At the age of 24, and after graduating from one of the best universities in the country, the girl who shared the same surname as her had already worked in big corporations in Japan. To be honest, when she checked her résumé for the first time, Rena was having a hard time matching the drenched girl who was patiently waiting for her turn in the hallway with the person who had accomplished all those things on the paper. Could looks be so deceiving?

She hired her. It was the most logical decision, albeit the fact she surely couldn’t say the new candidate made a first good impression on her in the elevator. In the end, this moment was all forgotten. What mattered the most to her, was what Jurina Matsui could bring to the team. Rena had been looking for someone with the necessary skills to build the time machine, and it seemed the younger girl would definitely be the one to help them.

Jurina Matsui didn’t disappoint her. In only one month, Rena realized how much progress they had accomplished with the latest addition to the team. Of course, she didn’t fool herself into believing the time machine would be built in no time. It is true to say they were progressing much faster thanks to her new assistant, but there were still too many unknown parameters to know when the time machine would be operational.

Much as Rena was grateful for all the help the younger girl was bringing them, she couldn’t say she had really bonded with her new assistant. When it came to her work, the girl was on time and very professional. However, there was one personality trait she had difficulty adjusting to. Indeed, it didn’t take long for her to discover that Jurina Matsui was a real flirt.

In fact, she was pretty sure she had flirted at one point or another with everyone on floor 22, men excluded. It didn’t escape Rena’s keen sense of observation that Jurina’s conversations with her male co-workers always remained strictly professional. Why that? The head of Matsui corporation found this difference in treatment between both sexes more than curious, but she always kept her thoughts carefully to herself.

But there was one fact that disturbed her even more than Jurina’s obvious disinterest in flirting with men. As she was her assistant, Rena definitely interacted quite a lot with her during the day. However, there was one pattern her assistant followed with every other woman of the floor, except with her. She never flirted. Not once.

Jurina was always very polite and would smile to her here and then, but that was it. Yes, her kindness showed on many occasions, as when she would bring her everyday her coffee inside her office at the 4PM break. It wasn’t something Rena had ever requested her to do, but that her assistant had taken the liberty to do on her free will. However, she could tell her assistant chose carefully her words each time they spoke to each other. In fact, there was a form of shyness in her eyes that only seemed to appear when they interacted.

Was it because she was her superior and as such felt she would be overstepping boundaries if she acted too carefree with her?

Rena had not a clue, however she couldn’t ignore the fact she felt more than once taken aback by this difference of treatment towards her. She should be happy her assistant was respectful and nothing but hardworking, so why was Jurina’s peculiar attitude towards her troubling her so much?

Today again, Rena was witnessing her assistant’s flirty behavior right in front of her nose. Because of the project the 24 years old girl worked closely with Akane, and it seemed she had taken a particular liking in her. Indeed, Rena noticed that she flirted with her best friend way more than with the other women of the floor. And unfortunately, Akane’s office was located just in her field of vision, making it impossible for her not to see Jurina’s actions. 

Rena had a lot of work to do this morning, but somehow couldn’t detach her eyes from her assistant who had arrived behind Akane a little while ago, and was now leaning forward to show her something on the computer. Of course, it was impossible for her to hear what they were saying but she surely didn’t miss Jurina placing her hand casually on Akane’s shoulder, nor the amused smile on the latter’s lips as she had evidently said something funny to her.

“Why does she keep doing that?” Rena muttered, finding herself once again displeased by her assistant’s constant flirting with Akane. A sudden soft knock on the door of her office distracted her, and she diverted her attention in curiosity to the long dark, curly-haired woman entering her office.

“It’s 12.45PM. Want to go out for lunch?” Airi, her 27 years old Human Resources manager, offered.

Already? Rena was startled by the news, and checked the time on her computer, realizing it was indeed already past noon. She barely had done half of what she was supposed to do this morning. “Yes,” Rena replied nonetheless, knowing she needed a break anyway. She started losing focus as soon as her assistant decided to flirt in front of her shamefully. “Just give me a few minutes. I want to finish this.”

“Alright,” Airi nodded, taking a brief look at the paperwork the other girl was pointing to her, “come and see me at my office when you’re ready.”

Rena watched her as she was about to turn on her heels and leave, and felt the sudden need to ask her one particular question. Something had been nagging her for a while, and witnessing her assistant impossible flirty behavior with Akane prompted her to finally voice her concern. “Doesn’t it… bother you? Seeing Jurina-san flirting with everyone, especially with your wife?”

“Absolutely not,” Airi replied seriously, much to her surprise. “It’s mostly light teasing, and Akane doesn’t mind. Besides, you can tell the women enjoy the attention they are getting.”

“She never flirts with me,” Rena murmured without thinking. As soon as she realized the words she had blurted out she widened her eyes in shock and looked away in discomfort. For a minute, she hoped her friend had not heard her, but soon discovered it was only wishful thinking on her behalf.

“No, she doesn’t,” Airi conceded, and Rena didn’t miss the amused smile forming on her lips. “Why do you think that?”

“I have no idea,” Rena admitted her ignorance. On one hand, she wasn’t feeling particularly at ease broaching such a subject but on the other, she felt relieved finally getting it off her chest. And who better could she talk about it than with a trusted friend? A friend who had also apparently well noticed this difference of treatment she was being subjected to?

“And I think I’m getting paranoid lately,” Rena frowned, remembering vividly a few strange occurrences. “I’m under the impression she purposely flirts more with Akane because she knows I can see her from here. It’s stupid, isn’t it?”

Rena looked up in expectation to her friend, hoping she would state that it was indeed only a figment of her wide imagination. Why would her assistant be doing that anyway? It made no sense whatsoever to her. However, she couldn’t ignore the fact the younger girl glanced in her direction quite often when she happened to visit Akane’s desk.

“Of course she’s doing it on purpose,” Airi chuckled softly, shaking her head a little in disbelief. “I adore you Rena but sometimes, you can be really clueless.”

“What?” Rena exclaimed. She searched her friend’s eyes for an explanation to her cryptic words, but Airi never elaborated. Instead, the latter left the room without adding another word, even though Rena certainly didn’t miss the amused smile back on her lips as she closed the door behind her.

Rena didn’t know how long she stared at the door in bewilderment, trying to process the very curious conversation she just had with her friend. Evidently, there was a message she was trying to convey, but her mind failed completely to decrypt it. Rena looked down to the documents in front of her in the intent of resuming her work, but soon discovered she had a hard time focusing on the task at hand. Indeed, Airi’s last words kept repeating in her head again and again.

Why did her friend stipulate she was being clueless? What did Airi apparently believe she was missing?

“Oh no, it’s raining.”

Rena turned her head to her left when she heard the familiar voice sounding next to her. It was already 8PM and just as she was about to leave the building to go home, she had noticed the rain falling in abundance through the front door. Once again, Rena knew she had taken the right decision by not trusting the weather forecast, and placing her mini-collapsible umbrella inside her handbag. However, it appeared her young assistant - who was now standing next to her and watching the rain falling outside in concern - had not taken such precaution.

Rena pondered over her declaration, and knew by the light, dark blue vest she was wearing she would be drenched in a matter of seconds if she decided to step outside right now. If she wished to stay dry, she had no other choice but to wait for the rain to stop. And, considering how heavily the rain was currently falling, Rena guessed she would have to wait for quite some time.

“You can walk with me if you want,” Rena suggested. “Where are you going?”

By the startled look she received, Rena could tell her assistant was definitely not expecting her to make such an offer. However, her surprise progressively made way to a genuine, pleased expression. “That’s very nice. The closest subway station would be perfect.”

Rena nodded and opened her umbrella, the younger girl stepping immediately underneath it when she made her way outside. Rena started moving towards the direction of the nearest subway station as instructed, taking in how her assistant was being very quiet beside her. The girl was usually very talkative with her female co-workers, but not when it came to her. It was an aspect of her behavior she didn’t understand, along with her reluctance to flirt with her.

As they walked silently in the streets, Rena realized it was the first time they found themselves completely alone outside of the workplace. If truth be told, she rarely went out with her co-workers, except for the monthly dinner at a restaurant organized by Airi for all employees of floor 22. Rena didn’t particularly feel at ease during those social events, but still felt obligated to attend.

In fact, there were only two people she felt close enough to consider as friends: Akane and Airi. Akane was a long-time friend, who she had met when she was still studying at University. As of Airi, she was one of the first persons she hired when she decided to create this special division on floor 22, a year ago. Between her best friend Akane and the new Human resources manager, it was love at first sight. Six months after meeting each other, they were tying the knot.

Until now, Rena had kept silent when she saw her assistant flirting with Akane overtly and surprisingly, it appeared neither Akane or Airi minded the girl’s actions, passing it for something quite innocent. But what if it wasn’t? What if her assistant really had genuine feelings for Akane and no one warned her it was a wasted effort? For a long time, Rena promised herself she wouldn’t broach this particular subject with her assistant, not willing to meddle in her personal life. However tonight, she decided not to keep quiet any longer.

“There’s something you need to know about Akane-san,” Rena started hesitantly, almost not believing she was going to have that conversation with the younger girl. She had to keep repeating herself that it was the right thing to do, in order to continue. But how could she announce her the news without hurting her if she happened to really have feelings for her best friend contrary to Airi’s belief? In the end, she figured it was best not to beat around the bush and simply be honest. “She’s… she’s married to Airi-san.”

Silence enveloped them after that, and Rena wondered if she hadn’t made a big mistake by bringing up such a topic. Her assistant was still very quiet, and Rena felt too ill-at-ease to look back at her. Did she hurt her? “I…”

“I know,” Her assistant interrupted her before she had time to formulate a semblance of an apology. “I like Akane a lot, but I’m interested in someone else.” 

Rena tilted her head towards her in surprise, unconsciously slowing down her steps a little. Her confession came completely out of nowhere and Rena felt slightly destabilized, not knowing what to make of it. And what about this shy, but still serious look she was now giving her? Rena waited, sensing she wanted to say more. Indeed, the younger girl opened her mouth a few times as if she meant to add something else, but in the end no other words left her lips.

Rena looked back to the street in front of her when it became clear she wouldn’t elaborate, trying to figure out what her assistant was trying visibly to tell her. The younger girl had always acted quite timid around her, but right now she could tell she was more agitated than usual. Evidently, something was troubling her, and she found herself willing to know what it was.

She didn’t have time to ask. They had already arrived at the subway station in no time, but the younger girl didn’t seem in a hurry to leave her side. In fact, she glanced back and forth a few times between her and the subway station as if torn, until she finally kept her eyes steadily on her. “Are you doing something tonight, Rena-san? I want to buy you dinner.”

Rena didn’t often find herself speechless, being naturally a very composed and eloquent person. However, her assistant’s unexpected offer certainly managed to take her off guard. Despite her eyes set firmly on her she could read easily the apprehension mixed with expectation in them. Rena could tell it had taken quite an amount of courage from her to utter such bold words.

They were currently standing in the middle of the street, and received a few curious looks from bystanders who were coming in and out of the subway station. However, Rena ignored them, looking straight into her assistant’s brown orbs. There was a sudden glint of determination in her alluring eyes, and she knew the younger girl wouldn’t move an inch until she received a reply.

All of a sudden, her previous cryptic words made complete sense. It wasn’t just a friendly invitation, as she initially believed. No, it was much more than that. And as she linked her declaration with her past behavior, she understood what Airi tried to explain her in her office.

As the head of Matsui corporation, Rena had certainly been courted by many men in the past. Most of them approached her for her wealth; a few were more genuine with their feelings. However, never once did she respond positively to any one of them. For a while, she believed her lack of interest originated from her entire focus on her work. Since her father left her sole heiress of Matsui corporation, she barely had little free time.

Now, Rena realized what had been going under her nose recently, and what her assistant was expecting from her. Rena never denied the fact she found her attractive. She believed so from the very first moment she laid eyes on her in that elevator, when she didn’t even know yet that very drenched girl would be joining her team. And by the sound of her beating heart, she already knew the answer she would be giving her.

Rena didn’t know if this would work, but she wanted to give her a chance. In fact, it was the first time she considered letting someone enter her life. “I’m free. Where do you want us to go, Jurina-san?”

“You are?” Jurina’s eyes lit up in joy, and Rena couldn’t help smiling at her genuine reaction. She could literally see the relief spreading across her face. “Follow me, I know the perfect place.”

Rena nodded and obliged, noting the way her assistant immediately became more relaxed and talkative as she led the way. In fact, the tension between them had dissipated in a matter of seconds, as if it had never been there in the first place. Rena laughed softly when her assistant suddenly made a funny joke, and found herself enchanted by the charming smile she was sending her. Rena simply knew their relationship would never be the same anymore after today.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:22:46 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Long live Twin Towers! Long live WMatsui!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
    • +RukaKikuchi
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 1 (20/09/2016)
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 05:48:55 PM »
Date time!!! ^w^

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »
That was fast! It’s only the first chapter but Rena and Jurina just had a dinner date (can we say that?) together. It’s totally different with your other fics – Heartbeat and Warriors – which needed more than 20 chapters for WMatsui to finally admit their feeling to each other.  :on study: :farofflook:

So Jurina is a real flirt, as expected from her! Haha! She’s a newbie so she has to put quite a distance to her gorgeous boss. But apparently she could gain some courage to ask Rena for a dinner, so...

Nice try, Jurina! It’s worth it!  :glasses:

To be honest I still wonder about the core plot of this fic. I’m waiting for more chapters to come. Thank you for writing a new WMatsui fic!

Ps. I know you’d update Back in Time this week, but I’m surprised that it’s this soon. Not that I’m complaining.  :on gay:

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 02:57:01 AM »
Ohoho dinner date!!! :ding:

Offline Guacamoolee

• Silent reader
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 06:13:41 PM »
Uwaaaahhhhh~
Jurina, you know how to lure your boss so well :cow:
I wonder, what makes Rena trust her easily???  :mon huh2:
Is it possible that Rena has interest in Jurina in the first place? Hehehe
We'll see in the next chap~
Thank you author-san!
 :mon fyeah:

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 02:53:34 AM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Date time!!! ^w^

Ohoho dinner date!!! :ding:

Yes, first date! The first one of a long list to come?  :P

That was fast! It’s only the first chapter but Rena and Jurina just had a dinner date (can we say that?) together. It’s totally different with your other fics – Heartbeat and Warriors – which needed more than 20 chapters for WMatsui to finally admit their feeling to each other.  :on study: :farofflook:

You're right! It's different because in that case, this fanfic won't be as long as my trilogy or Warriors, and the plot doesn't revolve around the progressive, slow building of their relationship at all. The main plot will be revealed in a few chapters  ;)

So Jurina is a real flirt, as expected from her! Haha! She’s a newbie so she has to put quite a distance to her gorgeous boss. But apparently she could gain some courage to ask Rena for a dinner, so...
Rena can have that impressive aura, right? Jurina needs to use tricks to gain her attention   :k-wink:

I wonder, what makes Rena trust her easily???  :mon huh2:
Is it possible that Rena has interest in Jurina in the first place? Hehehe

I did state Rena found Jurina attractive in the prologue, even when she was soaked from head to toe  :lol: And Rena was definitely being annoyed by Jurina's flirty attitude with the other women  XD
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:35:39 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Guacamoolee

• Silent reader
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 04:37:06 AM »
I did state Rena found Jurina attractive in the prologue, even when she was soaked from head to toe  :lol: And Rena was definitely being annoyed by Jurina's flirty attitude with the other women  XD

UHMMMMMMMMMM  :shy2:
Annoyed or jealous?????   :hiakhiakhiak:

Offline key17

• Lone Wolf
  • Member+
  • ♡SKE48♡Matsui Rena♡WMatsui♡
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 05:56:53 PM »

Annoyed or jealous?????   :hiakhiakhiak:
Definitely JEALOUS  :wahaha:
Waaa it's dinner date :on gay:
☆LIVING IN DREAMLAND WITH PAPA JURINA AND MAMA RENA☆

-sorry for my bad english, still learning with uncle Sae :hee:

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 2 (17/10/2016)
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
CHAPTER 2

Jurina jolted awake when she suddenly heard music sounding in her bedroom. Despite her sleepy mind, it only took her a few seconds to recognize the familiar tune: Oki Doki. Released in 2011, it was one of the biggest hits of a Japanese idol group pretty popular at the time. Usually, Jurina enjoyed very much listening to old songs - Nostalgia being one of her favorite radio stations – but right now, she was having a hard time matching her mood with the joyful lyrics of the song. Not only was she still feeling terribly sleepy, she was having a hard time understanding why her humanoid robot had set her alarm clock on a Saturday morning.

“Alfred,” Jurina mumbled, refusing to open her eyes despite the persistent music. This was a terrible mistake, and she needed to warn her robot so she could fall back asleep. “Can you please stop the music? It’s the week-end. I don’t have to go to work.”

A small white head suddenly emerged from the right side of the bed, and two blue eyes looked back at her instantly. “It’s Friday, mistress. You have to be at work in 55 minutes.”

Jurina let the revelation sink in and fluttered her eyes open, frowning back at him in confusion. “W-What?” She let out in a small, groggy voice. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, mistress,” The little robot affirmed. “It’s 7.06 AM now. You are six minutes late on your schedule.”

Jurina stared at the 48 inches’ robot for a few, pregnant seconds, as if to measure the sincerity of his words. Despite the intense gaze, Alfred didn’t flinch and remained as stoic as before. Realization progressively hit Jurina. Even if her mind was still inclined on believing it was Saturday, her robot had to be right for one simple reason. Alfred, her intelligent and faithful humanoid robot, never lied.

Jurina straightened up in bed in alert, her heart now beating a bit faster inside her chest at the unexpected news. She had to go to the office this morning, and she better had to hurry if she didn’t want to be late. Since she started working at Matsui corporation a month ago, she had never been late a single time. She was adamant on keeping things this way.

“Thank you Alfred,” Jurina patted affectionately the top of the robot’s head as she took a seat by the side of the bed to face him, “I don’t know why I believed it was Saturday. I was sleeping so well.”

“You came back late yesterday,” the robot reminded her. “It probably explains why you’re feeling more sleepy than usual, mistress.”

Jurina nodded, a smile inadvertently moving to her lips as memories of the dinner with Rena submerged her mind. She had enjoyed herself very much in the company of the older girl, and could definitely state that this first date was a great success. The first one of a long list? Jurina really hoped so.

“May I bring a certain subject to your attention before you get prepared?” The robot manifested his presence once again. “It will only take fifteen seconds of your time.”

Jurina noted the hesitation in his metallic voice, and she gazed back at him in concern. “Yes, of course. What is it?”

“Last night, you repeated something in your sleep,” the robot announced. “It was so unusual, that I took the liberty to record it. Do you want to listen to it?”

Jurina widened her eyes at the revelation. That was new. In twenty-four years, she never talked in her sleep once. Curiosity got the best of her, and she indicated the robot to proceed. “Alright, play the recording.”

The robot complied and Jurina listened attentively, soon recognizing the sound of someone sleeping peacefully. A few seconds went by and, as Jurina didn’t hear anything suspect, she wondered what on earth her robot was referring to. Just as she was about to question him, a name started falling from her lips in the recording.

Rena-san… Rena-san…

Jurina flushed at the familiar name, not believing what she was hearing. Her robot was right! She really talked in her sleep! And, from what she could hear, had been mumbling the name of her employer a few times last night.

“P-Please stop the recording,” she stuttered, looking away in discomfort. The recording stopped at once, but it was already too late. The memory of what she had surprisingly uttered during her sleep was already engrained in her mind. 

“It continues during four more seconds,” the robot indicated. “Don’t you wish to hear the rest?”

“No, that’s fine,” Jurina shook her head, still feeling too embarrassed to face her robot properly.  “I was… probably just having a dream. Please erase this recording.”

Jurina stood up from the bed and moved towards the bathroom, hoping a nice shower would help her forget about what she just heard. No, it was definitely no news to her that she had feelings for her beautiful employer, but the thought that she had said her name during her sleep – and repeatedly - was somehow a bit… disturbing.

Jurina caught the sound of the robot’s small feet following her on the floating floor and, as she was about to close the bathroom door behind her, her gaze fell on him as he was now looking at her from the doorstep. His head was slightly inclined to the right, a pattern Jurina observed always happened when he didn’t understand something.

“You dream about your employer, mistress?” The robot asked, his metallic voice pitching up slightly.

Jurina froze at the innocent question. She strongly believed the matter to be over the moment she asked her robot to erase the recording, but it was without taking into account his insatiable curiosity about the things surrounding him. Until now, she enjoyed this aspect of his program, as she was always keen on sharing every bit of her knowledge with him. However, as she was now faced with such a personal question, she seriously considered making a few adjustments to his program.

“I work a lot with her,” Jurina replied, trying to sound as calm and nonchalant as possible. Her robot was very good at deciphering the fluctuations in people’s voices, so she wanted to make sure he didn’t notice she was hiding part of the truth to him. “It’s not unusual to dream about the people you spend time with.”

The robot didn’t say anything, and she guessed he was currently analyzing what she had just stated. Not willing to let him time to possibly ask another question, she bent over and patted his little head. “Now, please let me take a shower or I’m going to be late.”

Jurina took a step back and closed the door, waiting a few seconds in expectation in case her robot would manifest himself another time. To her relief, she didn’t hear his metallic voice after that.

After taking a quick shower and a light breakfast, Jurina was finally ready to leave her apartment. A brief look at the time told her she was right on time, and she knew she made the right decision by cutting her time under the shower by half. As she was putting her shoes on in the hallway she took a curious peek at her robot standing in front of her, realizing he had not spoken a single time since he mentioned her unusual dream earlier on.

She frowned at the strange occurrence, her robot being anything but silent in the morning. For a moment, she wondered if there was something wrong with him. Should she check his program? Since she bought him three years ago, she never had a single problem with him. Alfred was a very intelligent and fast-learning humanoid robot that functioned properly. Never once did she have to fix him.

“Alright Alfred, I’m leaving for work,” Jurina addressed the robot that was still staring at her, completely silent. “Take care of the apartment while I’m gone.”

The robot produced a small noise of agreement and inclined his head a few times, but didn’t speak for all that. This time, Jurina seriously got worried by his strange attitude, and she pondered checking his program quickly before leaving. She still had a few minutes’ left. However, she didn’t have time to put her thoughts in action that the robot spoke up when she the least expected.

“While you were in the shower, I analyzed the recording three times,” the robot revealed. “You said your employer’s name in a dreamy voice, which means you were having a pleasant dream. I arrived to the conclusion that it means you like her. Am I correct?”

Jurina stared at the robot in shock, not believing he was bringing up this topic again. Was he merely being genuinely curious? Because it awfully like stubbornness, a trait of character her robot should never had developed. Moreover, his words made her realize he had not erased the recording as she instructed him to. Her trusted robot never disobeyed her before. Not once. What was going on with him?

Jurina seriously considered brushing it off and leaving without answering, but felt slightly bad leaving his question unanswered when he was gazing at her with such an expectant look. She took a deep breath and kneeled in front of him. “Yes, I like her. She’s the person I went out with yesterday evening.”

A joyful sound emitted from the robot, and Jurina was caught off guard when he clapped into his small white hands a few times. “Well done, mistress! Does it mean she’ll be coming here soon? Do I need to prepare the apartment for her arrival tonight? Do I need to have flowers delivered? Do I need to order a special meal?”

“W-What?” Jurina exclaimed, overwhelmed by all the questions coming one after another and having a hard time understanding her robot’s unpredictable excitement. She had only acknowledged her feelings for Rena in the hope that it would satisfy her robot’s curiosity enough so he would finally let it go, not so he could jump the gun. “Alfred, calm down. It was only our first date. Rena-san is not coming here tonight, so please don’t do anything.”

“But there will be other dates,” the robot continued with his train of thoughts as if she had never spoken. “I’ll prepare the apartment just in case.”

“Alfred!” Jurina tried to stop her robot, much in vain as he had already turned around, and was now moving towards the living room. She stood up at once and pondered going after him but, as she heard her watch ringing, realized she was now running out of time. She didn’t have time to deal with this situation right now, otherwise she was really going to be late for work.

“Alright, you can clean the place,” Jurina relented, noticing her robot’s eyes back on her as he was now paying attention to her again. “But please don’t order anything.”

Jurina waited expectantly for her robot’s reaction, hoping he would be satisfied enough with her offer. For an unknown reason, her robot seemed convinced Rena was going to come here tonight, and she didn’t have hours to explain him how human relationships worked. Still, she needed to limit the damage at all costs before leaving her apartment. She certainly didn’t wish to see flowers everywhere or the table dressed up for two when she came back from work.

“It will be done mistress,” the robot nodded. “The apartment will be tidied up perfectly when you come back.”

Jurina let out a small sigh of relief, and she shot him a smile of gratitude. “Thank you, Alfred. Now, I really have to go.”

“Have a nice day at work, mistress,” the robot said as he walked back towards her. “Please alert me if you change your mind and I need to prepare anything for tonight.”

Jurina patted her robot’s head when he arrived at her level, amused by his thoughtful attention, and to a certain length his incredible tenacity. Her fingers were already on the handle of the front door when she heard her robot addressing her again.

“Wait, mistress…”

Jurina tilted her head towards him in curiosity, but the second warning coming from her watch told her she didn’t have any second left. “Sorry, Alfred, but I’m going to be late. See you tonight.”

The door closed on the robot who never had time to finish his sentence, and he glanced sadly at the forgotten umbrella in the basket near the front door. The weather forecast had announced rain this morning. His poor mistress was going to get wet.

Again.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:08:25 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 2 (17/10/2016)
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Now I'm imagining Alfred is a boy who is very curious of everything yet very obidient to Jurina. Oh and a Kawaii one too

JPHiP Radio (34/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Faith