JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Swimming girl

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 304690 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2008, 05:00:06 AM »
^ Stupid Ai and her Reina fangirling :angry: :P
If Yuuyami's 4koma are any indication, it's the other way around. :D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2008, 05:00:59 AM »
ah yeah I forgot about yomiki...that goes in before and after ReinaMaki...lol and RenAi...I see that more like Reina x Anyone XD

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2008, 05:17:24 AM »
^
I guess Reina's more popular lately. I mean, I love her and all, but Takagaki is my personal fav right now. (As if my thread doesn't already tell ppl that :lol:)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008, 05:32:34 AM »
If Yuuyami's 4koma are any indication, it's the other way around. :D
True, but I quite like the Reina fangirl side :P
Stupid Ai and Reina and their mutual fangirling :angry: Better? ;)

^
I guess Reina's more popular lately. I mean, I love her and all, but Takagaki is my personal fav right now. (As if my thread doesn't already tell ppl that :lol:)
And I hope it stays that way :D  :w00t:

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2008, 08:05:04 AM »
Great tips Yuu, Essy and Lollipopgirl, i'll take them into acount while writing ...
Also i'd like to share a fanfics writing guide written by not less than the great Erica Friedman  :wub: , A great yuri fanfic writer(especially of BSSM fics.. my first HarukaUsagi  :roll:), mostly of anime(i think some of you know her).. Anyway here it is: http://www.worldshaking.net/ff_workshop1.htm
I think it's quite good,and atlthough it doesen't have several tips that were mentioned here, it's still rather good..

So enjoy ^^

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
Being a takagaki fan myself, I won't write anything remotely RenAi, again XD When it comes to pairings, I'm pretty stubborn.

No one mentioned Charmikitty or YoMako?

Wait, what were we talking about again? :X

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »
@AmberSan: That was really interesting... somethings were "duh!" but others were really helpful tips! Good post!

@Indeciet: Did someone say charmikitty  :inlove: ?

Speaking of charmikitty, I'd like to clear something up. It seems I've given off the vibe that I'm a die hard charmikitty fan... and I don't blame them. The other day i found I had Charmikitty in almost all of my fics O.O. What can i say, they're a fun couple XD

Now, I am a charmikitty fan, a big one, but I am an even BIGGER Ishiyoshi fan. 1444  :rockon:

To be honest, I'm actually REALLY curious about everyones fave pairings. As writers/readers we never really give a list of our fave hook-ups. It's usually figured out by written stories or posted comments.

Me in particular, from your typical pairings, my TOP 5 go as such: 1444 :wub: > Charmikitty (duh! ^^;) >  Takagaki > KameShige > ReinaXAlmost Anyone (I like most Reina parings ^^;)

^ those my typical pairings but I really do like to mix and match couples.  :sweatdrop: I get curious as to how the couple dynamic would be and then ideas get stuck in my head and those ideas don't wanna leave my head and I end up needing to write them out of my mind ^^; ... I'm sure many of you can relate  :lol:

Awww :( it's passed my bed time.... g'nite!!
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »
Yay discussion thread!

Ah Rokun's post made me take a walk down memory lane....Kameshige really was all the rage back then...I think that's how I got sucked into reading h!p fanfics in the first place..of course I started off with Morning Battle like a lot of people but Everything's Really Insane was and still is my all time favourite story.  I think I bugged DoMeDoMe to post it over here once when she was reposting Milestone.  Sends some Eririn waves over to DoMeDoMe~

I wonder how many pairing eras have we been through now...

Ishiyoshi --> Kameshige --> AyaMiki --> ReinaMaki --> TakaGaki ?  (hmm...I think that's the order anyways...)
I see my name. XD I'm glad you still remember that fic. Actually I was planning to rewrite it, sort of update it with the new gens, adding more chapters but still keeping the main idea of it and more Kameshige. :lol: I haven't started yet but the ideas are floating around.

Btw, hi everyone! I always stop by this forum but I just lurk around now. There's so many fics since I last wrote here, it's so hard to keep up now. According to the generation list I would've been around with Comrade, OTN, and rokun but I didn't write as prolific as them. I only had 1 or 2 really good fics cuz I'm so specific on how I write my fics. hehe We were the big fic writers over at JPM until Comrade "graduated" from fic writing and the rest of us eventually followed.

As for me, I'm still writing when I have the time but I decided not to be hasty and post chapters as soon as I finish them cuz when I get stuck I end up not finishing the story. And that's what happened to the last story I was writing which is buried several pages back  :doh: I still plan to finish it one of these days. But the current fic I'm writing has several chapters written so far but I'm unsure where it's going really. It's suppose to follow certain events from 2006-07 but since I took so long writing it I hope no one forgot about these events. Plus it features a pairing (I guess) that hasn't been written about yet (not from what I've seen anyway) But I can't tell you when I'll start posting or if I'll ever finish it but I'll do my best.

And pairings, I think I made people love Kameshige cuz they were such an odd pairing back then and I think the Eric Kamezou no Maido Arii segment had something to do with it. hehe Then Comrade and I were notorious for writing GAM stuff before GAM even formed, they were called "AM" back then. :lol: We never got to finish that monstrosity we made call "Endless Cycle of Frustration" even though we said we'd finish it somehow.  :roll:

Ah, memories. I feel kinda inspired now. hehe

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
To be honest, I'm actually REALLY curious about everyones fave pairings. As writers/readers we never really give a list of our fave hook-ups. It's usually figured out by written stories or posted comments.

Me in particular, from your typical pairings, my TOP 5 go as such: 1444 :wub: > Charmikitty (duh! ^^;) >  Takagaki > KameShige > ReinaXAlmost Anyone (I like most Reina parings ^^;)

^ those my typical pairings but I really do like to mix and match couples.  :sweatdrop: I get curious as to how the couple dynamic would be and then ideas get stuck in my head and those ideas don't wanna leave my head and I end up needing to write them out of my mind ^^; ... I'm sure many of you can relate  :lol:

I'm really typical too I think.
My number 1 pairing is pretty obvious as TakaGaki :P but they are very closely followed by YoMiki, number 3 is Reina/Maki and number 4 is TanaKame (thanks to Rei.rev) but I think I'm starting to like KameShige more :( and 5 is maybe MiyaRi
I'm not keen on GakiKame, but a certain someone has made me desperate to read more MiGaki :P

The whole RenAi thing, as a TakaGaki, I hate its sudden burst everywhere, but putting that aside, I do quite like the pairing :oops:

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
rokun always finds some way to involve me in his posts. :lol:  I promise I won't be far from ya, buddy.  And I will drop by here.

Everybody's given lots of advice about writing.  Nothing really left for me to say.  The way I learned to write is by reading and through trial and error.  I've always read a lot since I was a little kid.  I've been exposed to a lot of literature, some of it terrible, some of it amazing.  Eventually you learn to differentiate between the two and see the infinite levels in between.

I've also worked on many of my own original stories, the great majority of them unfinished, often just a few pages long before they've been tossed aside and forgotten.  Writing down dreams also helps, as well as keeping a journal.  Even if you're not writing fiction, you can work on the art of using words and making things sound good.  As for stories, you've got to practice.  You'll turn out a lot of crap, but eventually all of it will fertilise a nice field where pretty flowers will sprout. 

Sorry I have no good advice.  Just a bit of hope to spread.  Who am I to talk anyway?  I don't think that my stories are particularly well written.  Like that big epic one.  I was cheap and made an appeal to the heart, tricking the reader into feeling something because of certain sobalicious situations, leading the reader to think I actually knew what I was doing. :P  But despite how I feel about it, I do appreciate that it was enjoyed.  I appreciate it a whole lot.

Offline peti-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ai-chan oriented XD
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
Gah I missed so much  :doh: Anyway, thx to senpais for tips :)

I think that I'm a very average writer(not to say bad....) but I enjoy writing and since someone reads my stories and also enjoys them then it's great  XD But of course I'll work to improve my writing style :mon determined: However, I have one problem...my parents....They discourage me and I often hear something like "And you again write? End it already". They are also pissed off cos they can't understand what I write (and thank god they can't :lol: ) They can be really annoying :angry: Nevertheless I won't give in to them 8)

And about pairings....judging by my sig and av you may think that I'm a hardcore RenAi fan but I'm not  :sweatdrop: I like them but I also like TakaGaki, TanaKame, GakiKame, KameShige, ReinaMaki and so on and so on  XD It's like I said somewhere before I don't like stories for pairings I like stories for their plot so it doesn't matter for me who is with whom as long as story is interesting  :bigdeal:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »
It's like I said somewhere before I don't like stories for pairings I like stories for their plot so it doesn't matter for me who is with whom as long as story is interesting  :bigdeal:

Yep, I'm the same... that's why I can read & really enjoy ur fic without wishing it was TakaGaki ;) :P

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2008, 05:19:26 PM »
Oh OTN... I suppose I learned to be humble from you. :lol: Good Japanese trait (since I'm doing my best to actually become, well, Japanese :P). That said, I suppose I was actually selfish in what I said about why I write lol. Of course that's not true though... I wouldn't post here if it wasn't for you guys, and certain of you at least know you influence what I write too. ^_^

I've been thinking about this "favorite pairings" thing. I suppose I don't really go for specific 'ships, but basically whatever I feel like that fits with what I write, and usually involves my favorite girls at the time (such as ReinAi or MiyaSaki/MiyAiri). Because of that, like what Essy wrote about how I started with ReinAi I hope I'm not the cause of what's going on now :P (though I don't think so - I think that's just mostly due to the similar exposure the two are getting in MM now...). That's also probably part of the reason I don't get many comments, cause like looking around here, it seems like most of the kids fans have gone :lol: (I really hope Fimmy-chan gets to come back soon!!!), and they're mostly who I write about anymore. :) And it looks like we've mainly got MM/OG fans around here...

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
rokun, I do need to apologise to you... One day (probably when you have long stopped writing :oops: ) I will get to your fics... Because they have all been started and well established before now, I have to wait till i have a chance to catch up on them... I swear on my kitty cats life that they are on my to-do-list, just after a few others... Although "The Circle of Three" is next on my list ;)
But yes, your fics will get some love soon and I'll try to remember to comment on them :oops:

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »
rokun, I do need to apologise to you... One day (probably when you have long stopped writing :oops: ) I will get to your fics... Because they have all been started and well established before now, I have to wait till i have a chance to catch up on them... I swear on my kitty cats life that they are on my to-do-list, just after a few others... Although "The Circle of Three" is next on my list ;)
But yes, your fics will get some love soon and I'll try to remember to comment on them :oops:

You really should. Rokun's story kick MAJOR  ASS!!! "Circle of three" is definately one of if not my favorite "epic" story here... The Cirlce's Takahashi is  :rockon: (well most of the characters are, I just like his portrayal of Ai here and I'm not a Ai fan) But for srs... READ IT!!! It's good, gets you all pumped up and stuff  :oops:
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »
^
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm always excited when I see updates. The action is unbeatable! And there's a bit of Takagaki for you, lollipopgirl! :heart:

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
^
Yeah rokun's fics are great.. I realy liked "Curse of the Dragons"  and especially Odyssey .. Dark Aichan is always good

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2008, 11:28:05 PM »
And there's a bit of Takagaki for you, lollipopgirl! :heart:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wanted that to be a surprise for her  :lol: ... though I like the Takagakiness... I like the implied TakaMiki  :heart:
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2008, 01:07:26 AM »
I was cheap and made an appeal to the heart, tricking the reader into feeling something because of certain sobalicious situations, leading the reader to think I actually knew what I was doing.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...soba. 
:mon noodle:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:13 AM »
And there's a bit of Takagaki for you, lollipopgirl! :heart:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wanted that to be a surprise for her  :lol: ... though I like the Takagakiness... I like the implied TakaMiki  :heart:

My bad. :( But I figured if she heard that, it would make her wanna read it more! Yeah, I think TakaMiki is one of my fav couples! It just seems right but just a tiny bit wrong! Kinda like Charmikitty!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Swimming girl