JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305556 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1040 on: August 27, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »
I miss the good old days too...back when it was all in the family (sort of XD). I haven't really kept track of the newcomers, and so don't know them as well. :/ Sadness...

Well at least we still have some of the old timers around...

(jeez this sounds way too sappy :lol: )

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1041 on: August 27, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
It's not sappy (much XD ) to wax nostalgic! We just gotta look out for the new generations. BTW, what gen does that make us?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1042 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51:20 PM »
^Lol if you go waaaaay back in this thread, you'll find we've talked about this. XD I'm part of the illustrious 4th gen~ :lol:

Rokun and Commie are 2nd gen oldies. XD The only ones that still poke around here....lol.

Most of the new wave are 9th gen and recently, 10th? I know I stopped counting somewhere around our 8th gen. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1043 on: August 27, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »
I don't really know why but I feel like joining in randomnly  :nervous

Now what generation could I be considered, if any at all?  :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1044 on: August 27, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »
^Good, join in so we may know you! :D

I think you'd be part of the 10th gen, or possibly a late 9th I guess. So many new faces to keep track of! I'm lost...:lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1045 on: August 27, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »
I'll just be like the beginning of the 10th or something.

Do you actually read the newer stories?  :lol:

I almost feel kinda bad for not reading your fanfics yet but I must save them for a day when I have time to just go into my reading mode.  XD
So tempting to just do it right now...  :banghead:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1046 on: August 27, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Oh, I keep looking at the number of new threads, save them for another day...keep saving...and saving...and saving...:lol:

Procrastination at its best. :P

Though in some cases I just skim through, decide that I can't read it, and then immediately put said thread on mental blacklist. XD That doesn't always happen, but every once in a while...:lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1047 on: August 27, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »
 :cry: I'm guessing that means you haven't read mine yet. On second thought, I hope mine isn't on your blacklist... I need a scared emoticon, but since I fail at finding one... *hides in a dark corner and starts growing mushrooms*

:thumbsup Procrastination is my specialty. I guess it's good thing for the few readers I have since I use fanfics to procrastinate on school assignments. I'll probably end up updating more as I get busier.  :sweatdrop:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1048 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
Lols, well now it's here, right?

Hmm, what would that make me? I can't remember if I started posting before or after you (or rokun or Commie XD )

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1049 on: August 27, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »
I think you were around before me, rndm...XD I was a new kid on the block once myself, though I made a headfirst dive into the scene (and didn't smash my head open, so I guess that it all worked out :P).

@Tundra: I've skimmed yours, and don't worry, you're not on my blacklist. XD Just that the subject matter doesn't draw me as much, so I never really commented. Actually, I lurk a lot, and only comment for a few people. Lmao. Too lazy to do otherwise...heh. XD;

Forgive me?

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1050 on: August 27, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »
I know Commie was writing before me, too.

So does that make me third gen? Or am I second gen as well?

Man, this is going to bug me until I figure it out. :lol: :lol:

You are definitely a better writer than I am, Essy-sama :wub:

Ergh, most of my stuff I just wanna delete into oblivion. I know I'm only really happy with B&B and a few one shots here and there.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1051 on: August 27, 2010, 11:00:25 PM »
Aww don't feel so bad about your writing! XD

I thought Commie and I were first gen? o_O And rndm... I think you were 2nd or 3rd... Can't remember for sure though. We need to go to the official Yuuchan List for where exactly everyone is ranked. :lol:

And Tundra... glad to see you posting here :lol: And I hope you do post more for awhile! XD Who needs to do schoolwork anyway? :P We've got a bunch of procrastinating students here trying to get admitted at the last minute...

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1052 on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »
@Estrea  :cry: Even after my  :shocked chapter? (I like refering to chapter 5 that way for some reason)
Uhhh...I don't think I have really have any other choice but to forgive you since I haven't read any of yours yet. :sweatdrop:

@rndm You can't delete your stuff into oblivion before I get to read it.  :lol:

@rokun I think I lurk a little too much... didn't even register here until I started writing.  XD I should fix my procrastination problem before I hit college though. By the way, it kind of scares me the way you predict my pairings... I should do something about that...

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1053 on: August 27, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »
^ Oh gosh, please don't *shakes head in shame* I used to write about the fourth gen all the time, when I was an emo teenager. Imagine the horror and remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

^^ Geez :lol: What page is that on, imma have to find it now.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #1054 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »
Essy-chan WTF xDDDD

Just kidding.

But yeah, as my Essy-chan says, Rokun and I sorta made up our own generation chart (although it was more of my doing, he just commented... xD) of the fanfic writers.

I brought up the idea since I joined when the fanfiction section was barely 2-3 pages and there were only a handful of stories out. Since then, I've watched as writers come and go and eras appear and disappear... xD.

So let me roughly divide the eras

Hodge Podge Era - The stories that started off the fanfic section were very... random... xD
Morning Musume Era - There was a huge flux of Morning Musume-member focused fics from the first half of 2006
Berryz Era - Then there was a flux of Berryz writers who joined in
Random Era - There were too many sub-eras, so I just shoved them all in here xD From massive-cast stories and fantasy, it's all here o_O
Newbie Era - What we're going through now xD For some reason, I see that a lot of the commenters/writers here haven't exactly thoroughly researched each member before posting their stories, so hence the newb-ness xD

ALRIGHT.

The time you all have been waiting for.

The generations xD.

SU-PE-SHA-RU JE-NA-RE-SHO-N RAAAABU -bricked- Sorry, just had to do that xD. But yeah, I'm doing this based on the writers, not the commentors. So if you commentors are looking to classify yourself under a generation, try to remember when you first joined and what was popular at the time and that's where you are xD... Anywho, these reports are a little biased, but at the same time, I'm someone who has actually read most, if not all, of the stories that were posted here, therefore, I have a lot of viable evidence backing me up on my decisions. I don't mean to say that my decisions are law, but it will be hard to deny anything that I've said.

First Generation
The people who started the hodge podge era of course xD. I'm unclear on who started it, but Rokun came from here~ Woo~ Others include people like OTN1, Comrade, Vikitty, Tyler_wood_2005, and Katatsumuri. In fact, I think Kata's fic "Until Then..." (Or was it " 'Til then..." ?) marked the end of the Hodge Podge era and the start of the Morning Musume Era. At the moment, I think the one fic that stood out from this generation was Morning Battle by Vikitty. (I heard that Vikitty was banned for it? What? xD)

Second Generation
These people were the influx of the Morning Musume Era. Some of the people from here are Len.chan, Lil_Hamz, Mikan, Erink, Freya, and Wordsworth. As for why they brought on the MM era, it's just 'cause most of their stories focused on Morning Musume members. Wordsworth was a bit wishywashy though because he's credited with creating the first Berryz focused fic (I think). So he doesn't really count towards the MM era, but he's still a second gennie xD.

Third Generation
There were a lot of commentors that were joining at this point xD. However, the most notorious joiners would be The Cousins duo (Saikami and me, Yuuyami) and Goosefish. We all started a pretty brief Reina Tanaka x Maki Goto revolution, but then the fourth generationers joined xD.

Fourth Generation
These people sparked up the forums with life, in my opinion xD. A lot of good fics came out of these people, so I'm sorta inclined to call it the "golden era" of fanfiction just like MM's golden age. Loser87, Estrea, Feverinducedmadness, Slave, and more are accounted in here. Also, I'd like to bring in an analogy... Much like Love Machine is Morning Musume's million dollar song, Estrea's "All Aboard" would be the equivilant. I've never seen people comment so much on a single story, nor have I seen the peoples' impetus of constantly bumping her fic so much. No other story has had that luxury of being that well-loved! Lucky you, Essy-chan~ <3

Fifth Generation
After the Berryz era, there were just... really random fanfictions o_O Anywho, the people here would be people like... Whytphyr, indeceit, raspberrygashes, Rei.Rev.07, orangesocks, etc etc xD

Sixth Generation
To be honest, not many fanfiction from these people interested me much. The only newb (at the time) who had shown promising results was Almond with the Memoir series.

Seventh Generation
This is where all the newbs around this time came in xD. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ALL AAAARRREEEEE xDDDDDD. So like Koharu, all of you seem to be pretty new in fanfiction, and I was surprised to see the diverse cast of foreigners too. I admire that they are trying hard to overcome language barriers to write over here. Anywho, the members that would fall here would be pretty much Sweeety, Peti-chan, Strawberrykr3am, and still counting xD.

But yeah, that's what we got so far~!

We seem to be escaping the newbie era and are entering an "OG era" xD. As for why I call it that, many of the OGs like Rokun (he's the only first gen that's still kickin' !) Hamz, Loser87, me, and Estrea seem to be brimming with creativity again and are consistantly updating xDDD Woo~

But yeah, there goes my little generation summary~! I hope I didn't offend people by forgetting them or anything. I just picked the more well-known names~ o___o;

Found it! I'm not here though XD XD I think because I disappeared for a while.

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1055 on: August 27, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
^ Somebody please tell me I don't count as a newb. Oh well  :lol:

^^ You just reminded me about the picture of Tsunku from rokun's comment... I'm pretty sure I had surpressed that image in my mind and now I feel scarred again.  XD  I still plan on reading yours someday. :yep:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1056 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
lol i guess i am a newb XDDD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1057 on: August 28, 2010, 01:22:20 AM »
^ Oh gosh, please don't *shakes head in shame* I used to write about the fourth gen all the time, when I was an emo teenager. Imagine the horror and remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen.
No wonder I didn't pay attention to you until relatively recently. :lol: Although... I don't ever remember too many stories in general for you I don't think. Seems I remember you mostly commented a lot. Maybe that's why Yuuchan didn't fit you into a generation? You could probably tell from it kinda where you fit though, knowing your own history.

@Tundra: So sorry about that pic XD but it had to be done. :yep: My guesses on your pairings, huh? I'll have to look at the fic and my comments again. :lol:

Also, those like you and kawaii don't worry about being lumped into the newbie era. :lol: If you notice rndm's quote, that list from Yuuchan was from 2 years ago in 2008. XD A lot has changed since then and I'm sure other eras have started and maybe even passed. Surely another MM era at least, as I know there have been a lot of those kind of fics. Has me wondering though if we're even beyond 10th gen... but then, Yuuchan hasn't been paying attention to the forum as much recently so I'm not sure we'll ever have it firmly established. >.>

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1058 on: August 28, 2010, 01:54:28 AM »
lol Tundra, sorry but I'm gonna be the honest one here.  Takes out a big sharpie and labels Tundra 10th generation newbie.  You started in August 2010 XD  You can start applying for OG status in 3-4 years time =D

Kawaii beam is your senpai   :D

Let's see...as a commenter, I came around the end of first gen but I don't think I commented on anything until the start of the second gen stories.

Imagine the horror and remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

:ph43r:

(Everyone look away while I talk to Estrea)  :mon geek:

Though in some cases I just skim through, decide that I can't read it, and then immediately put said thread on mental blacklist. XD

lol I'm so glad I have a friend in what I deem "snob" reading XD  lol my tolerance has gotten so low!  Must be this getting older, no time thing!  Though I think if constructive criticism actually existed here things would be....erm....... I'm not going to finish that thought :mon speechless:  You can fill in the blanks  :P

^You made hammy cry? :lol: How? :P

ah my new videos made her cry.  Yup!  They were that horrible!   :mon duh:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1059 on: August 28, 2010, 02:42:26 AM »
lol I'm so glad I have a friend in what I deem "snob" reading XD  lol my tolerance has gotten so low!  Must be this getting older, no time thing!  Though I think if constructive criticism actually existed here things would be....erm....... I'm not going to finish that thought :mon speechless:  You can fill in the blanks  :P
So that's why you haven't been reading my stuff lately, huh? ;) :lol: Though I do appreciate constructive criticism! :D ...At least in the long term :ph43r:

Then again, I'm that type of reader as well...

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta