JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Renai Restaurant

Author Topic: Traveler [ch. 31 up -07/10]  (Read 69106 times)

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
Re: Traveler [ch. 30 up] yes, i'm back! updated jan. 30th
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »
There's no way I could express how sorry I am to make you wait like this. I hope next time it won't take so long and that people still want to read this fic.

“Nakazawa-san,,, Even if you are de Great Consellour... I don't know if it's ok for us to be here...”

Yuko didn't pay attention to what the other woman had said and walked into the room, gesturing Natsumi to close the door after them. She looked around, scanning the room with narrowed eyes until she found what she was looking for in one of the corners. Then, she walked towards the spot and Natsumi, after thinking a moment if she was allowed to do the same, followed her superior.

There, hidden behind a silk transparent curtain, there was a little portrait of a young woman, shinning with a beautiful smile in her lips.

“He never forgot her, right?”
“None of us could never forget her” replied softly Nakazawa, while she caressed the frame of the paint, passing her index finger slowly from the top to the bottom “The Queen was truly special...”

Then, Abe heard a click, like some kind of resort opening.

“...and she will save our future”

Natsumi had been so engrossed trying to understand Yuko's words that didn't notice the paint turning into a little door. The real reason for the portrait to be there it was to hide something else. Something inside a little box that was now in the hands of the Great Consellour.

“That's the big secret?” asked Abe-san curious.
“Just the key”

Ai-chan and Kaoru were still looking at each other, unable to decide what to do. With their faces covered, the Princess obviously had taken them as simple maids and now it was going to be difficult to explain the truth. They both turned to Risa asking for help desperately.

“Your Majesty...” the little Lieutenant cleared her throat before continue speaking “...they're not here to clean...”

Her friend understand Niigaki's words as a cue to reveal their identities. If it was the right thing to do or a suicide the Princess would have to decide it.

“Ishikawa-sama” Takahashi's voice trembled for a moment while taking of the shawl covering her face “I know it's inappropriate for us to came into your room this way...”
“Takahashi-san?” asked a surprised Princess.
“Before you call the soldiers to arrest us again, there's something we need to tell you”

Kaoru discovered herself too, not afraid anymore about what could happen. In the eyes of the Princess had seen again her mother's, the same way she had seen it before in the other worlds. Those beautiful eyes would never hurt her.

“Who's that girl?” asked Ishikawa staring at Kaoru.
“That's why we are here. She's looking for Captain. She said that Yoshizawa-san needs help”

The look on Rika's face darkened suddenly.

“For what I know, she's doing pretty well alone...”
“But we need to demonstrate that she's innocent”
“She stated it pretty well that she don't need my help”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, she came to me, said that didn't remember anything and then ran away again without a word. If she wanted so badly to go back to her other life, at least could have told me...”
“Your Highness...” said Kaoru finally speaking “I really need to find her”
“And I have more important problems that I need to take care of” cut the Princess with angry “So, please, leave this palace. For the years you've served me well, Takahashi, I'm not going to tell anything, but I'm not going to help either”
“But...”

Risa took Ai-chan's hand as a signal to stop it.

“We're sorry to have disturbed your Majesty” said Niigaki with an apologetic tone “We'll leave now”

The girls couldn't do anything else but resign themselves and get out of the room without any clue about what to do next. Risa told them to wait for her there a moment and returned inside one more time.

“Princess, if you need something...”
“I'm ok” was the only answer from Ishikawa before turning her back to the girl and walk towards de balcony.
“As you want. I'll be near if you need me”

Just when the younger opened the door again to leave, the Princess called her, still without looking at her.

“Niigaki”
“Yes, Highness?”
“The Blue Hell”

Risa smiled lightly and bowed before leaving definitely.

When the door closed, Rika was still staring at the view from the balcony, with her eyes stuck in a single point. Then she sighed.

“She's probably back at home...”

And then, something changed in her mind, because she suddenly turned towards the door with a resolute expression in her face.

“God...” said a breathless Ogawa “I thought that... they had... caught us... already”

Yossi looked at her and smiled, surprising, without any trace of being tired at all.

After running for several minutes, they had reached the outside of the castle and went into a deep forest. Probably it wasn't the safest place to be, but it was better than stay inside and be exposed to another patrol. Nobody could assure that they would win again.

The singer stared at the sword still in her hand. She had felt something back there, she was sure, but now was gone.

“Are you going to tell me what was that?”
“What?” asked Yoshizawa at the sudden question.
“You just made those men fly away like mere leaves with just a movement... How?”

As if Yossi wasn't wondering the same.

“Guess I'm lucky”
“And what happened to your sword?” a frown appeared on Ogawa's face “That one's pretty rough...”
“Makoto, I need you to trust me...” said the singer “Even if I can't answer your questions”

The Lieutenant was taken aback by the sudden and serious request. The younger could count with the fingers of one hand how many times her superior had called her by her given name.

“I do trust Captain. I wouldn't be here If I didn't”
“Yossi”
“What?” asked a confused Ogawa.
“Just Yossi it's ok. I'm not your captain” Hitomi saw the expression in Mako's face and understood that she should found a way to explain herself without revealing her secret “...at least, not anymore, since I'm being wanted by murder. I guess you can tell that it's like I'm fired so, no captain, ok?”

Ogawa seemed doubtful for a moment.

“Can't you just see me as a friend who needs help?”
“I... can try”
“That's enough” said the older with a relaxed smile. Maybe she could finally rely on someone without fearing to be discovered and worry just about finding Kaoru as soon as possible.

Makoto sat down at the humid groung and laid against a tree. “And now what? Do you have any plans to prove your innocence?”
“Not really” answered Yoshizawa sitting at her side “First, I have to find my friend, then we'll see...”

“What's the Blue Hell?”

The two soldiers and the young traveller were again at Ai-chan and Risa's room almost arguing about what to do next. The older proposed to follow the Princess's hint but Risa wasn't so sure about if it would be a good idea.

“It's the name how the lake and it's surroundings is known.. It's a beautiful spot into the deep forest with a waterfall, wild animals and all that stuff -said Takahashi- It could be heaven in earth if it wasn't so dangerous.
-It's bandits territory -interrupted Niigaki- And that's why I don't understand why Captain should be there. It's like going into the lion's den.
-And the best place to hide yourself from the world -retorted Ai-chan trying to impose her logic.

The young Lieutenant sighed. After some years of living together, Risa learned that, if there was something impossible in this life it was to understand what was going on inside her friend's mind, not less try to change her mind when she's got into something.

-Ok, let's think, hypothetically, that we find Yoshizawa-san there -said Niigaki finally giving up- Then what? How are you going to demonstrate that she's innocent?
-We'll find the one who did it.
-The evil twin you saw killing our King...
-Yeah.
-Takahashi, you sound so sure that scares me.

Meanwhile, there was a certain traveller wondering what was she doing there watching the friends arguing about if they should go to a place where she definitely shouldn't go. Kaoru was beginning to panic inside, not just because the Traveller was at Yoshizawa's wrist and she couldn't left without the older, but because of the state that the other girl was in when she left her. There was no way she could have go out of the palace grounds.

-I don't think it's a good idea to go to that place -said Kaoru- I'm pretty sure that Yoshizawa-san must be still here.
-If Captain's smart, and she is, she probably left already.
-At that I must agree with Ai-chan. The whole Imperial Guard looking for her? She's good, but not so good. The smartest thing to do is get out of this place.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door that made the three girls jump.

-Lieutenant Niigaki? -asked someone from outside.
-Yes, one minute -she turned to the girls- Hide, now.

Risa walked to the doorway and opened to see who was looking for her. It was one of the men under Ai's commandment until three days ago, Seita, if she remembered well. They talked for several minutes until it seemed that they achieved some kind of agreement and the man left.

-Safe now.
-What happened? -asked Takahashi appearing from behind the secret door.
-It seems that they found Captain at the west gardens.
-Is she ok?!
-Probably. She left a few unconscious guards behind her and ran away -answered Niigaki to calm Kaoru and then turned to Ai- They said that Makoto was with her and went towards the forest.
-So...?
-So, you're probably right and she's heading to the Blue Hell.

At a certain floor of a certain room there was a path of clothes. A nice silk kimono made a ball, a pair of rough boots and wore out trousers, socks, sheets, blankets and some pillows were all scattered around the bed where two girls laid now exhausted.

-It was a suicide to come here with all that's been happening.

As a reply, she received a soft kiss at the base of her neck.

-I'm serious, you know? You've been lucky to be able to escape...
-You'd have been upset if something happened to me? -she accompanied the question with another kiss. Sure there was a mocking tone in the voice of the younger, but some... hope maybe? hide too.
-I'm just saying... -she sighed when a hand caressed her abdomen- ...it's dangerous...
-Wouldn't be so dangerous if I could, actually, defend myself. Well, at least, not dangerous for me.
-See? That's what I mean -Shibata managed to recover her senses and kept a cautious distance between Maki and her, just to be able to speak without any other interruptions- It's not just because you could hurt people. You're so full of yourself, so sure of your strength that maybe, someday, someone stronger will appear and you'll be the one getting hurt.

There was a intense silence filling the room suddenly. Just after a few seconds, realization hit Maki.

-Oh my Goddess...
-What? -asked the older, confused.
-You really do love me, don't you? -this time there wasn't mocking tone, nor half smiles or second meanings.
-I... well, you are..., you know, important... in some way...
-I always thought that it was some kind of distraction, like a way to forget the boring palace life.
-You have a very low impression of me. I've already said it... that I love you, didn't I? -said Shibata a bit hurt.
-Well, yes but... -Maki stood up in the bed and stay kneeled at Ayumi's side- It's just... I've been with a lot o people, a lot -emphasized making the older frown at this point- But that doesn't matter. What I mean is... -Maki took some breath- I've heard the word love so many times..., but in the end, no one ever cared... It  feels surprisingly good to know that someone does, that someone wants me to return safe and it feels even better if that someone is you.

Shibata sat on the bed, looking at the younger with a wide smile on her face.

-Mrs. Bandit, that was a love confession? -the vengeance was sweet and Ayumi wasn't going to waste the opportunity to turn back all the times Maki embarrassed her.
-You'll never hear me say those words. Ever -a slightly blush appeared at Goto's cheeks and Ayumi felt realized- It's cheesy and overrated.
-Well then -Shibata moved closer her lover, making the distance disappear between their bodies and resting a hand at the back of Maki's neck, caressing the sensitive skin before placing a soft kiss at the base of her ear- I don't need words. Just prove it.

Maki smiled. She was an action girl and wasn't going to let Shiba-chan's offer get wasted. The younger pushed her girl to the bed again and proceed to give her the proof she asked for. First, a soft kiss on the lips that soon intensified and turned into a desperate way to feel everything of the other. Then a skilled hand that began a journey following Ayumi's jaw line and travelled down her body, leaving behind a path of goosebumps and sending shivers down her spine. Shibata seized her lover's head, keeping her close, not wanting to break their kiss soon, while her body heated and stopped reacting to rational emotions.

-Shiban-chan, are you there? I need your...

Ayumi needed a whole second to let her mind process what she heard. That, definitely, wasn't Maki's voice.

-Oh God... -spoke the voice again.
-Great... -this time it was the bandit. Kisses stopped and hands suddenly disappeared.

The older looked at the other girl in her bed and then at the unexpected guest in front of them. The burst of rage was almost instantaneous.

-Do you know why the hell doors exist, Rika?!

The princess was taken aback by the angry friend in front of her.

-Well, sorry. But you should had told me that you were going to have, uhm.., company -the Princess then looked at the girl in question. She sure wasn't ready to find who she was- You?
-I'd like to say it's nice to see you again, Princess, but considering the circumstances -she then looked at Shibata- I guess I'll get going.
-No! -both Ishikawa and her friend shouted at time.

The bandit looked at them confused. She was already picking up her clothes from the floor and trying to get dressed as quickly as possible.

-Well, I understand why Ayumi wants me to stay -she said while passing her head trough the shirt's neck- but you? 
-I'm going to the Blue Hell and it'll be easier if you guide us.
-The Blue Hell?
-Wait, us? -asked Shibata interrupting.
-Why do you want to go there? -both bandit and princess ignored the girl that still was naked under the thin silk sheets- It's not a place for people like you.
-I'm going to find her and I need you to help me.
-Oh no, no, no, no. I've got enough of Yocchan's problems for today. She's out of my life, end of the story.

Finally standing from the bed and putting some clothes on, Ayumi walked closer to her lover and helped her tying the belt she was having trouble with since Ishikawa mentioned the lake. The hands of the older on hers seemed to have some relaxing effect on the bandit, who sighed  and rested her hands at her sides, letting Shibata do what she wanted. Of course, it would had been better is she could undress her, not the contrary.

-Rika-chan, I don't think it would be a good idea to leave the palace now -she said finally facing her friend- You have to think about what Nakazawa-san said. If we're going to war, the less we need is one of the Princesses disappeared.
-It will be just one day, two at maxim. And don't think that I'm doing this just because I'm selfish or something. You know that we need her.

Shibata felt Maki's hand on hers and turned to look at the girl wondering what she was doing.

-A war? -asked the younger- I thought that the big problem was the King's death.
-Side effects. A kingdom without king is a weak kingdom, plus, the best captain of our army is no longer on our side.
 -She left us, her family, for her -said Maki to the shorter girl while pointing to Ishikawa- Wouldn't ran away of her side just because some people think she's a murderer, which I can tell you she's not. Must be something else...
-Then help me find her -asked again the Princess, already a bit desperate.
-That's the second time today that someone asks me for help. I'm a bandit you know? I'm not a good person.
-Yes, you are.

Looking at her lover, she found herself being attacked with puppy eyes. Maki couldn't stand that look on a girl. If she had a weakness that would never reveal to anyone, were puppy eyes. It was the only way to reach her soft side and the bandit hated to admit that she had it. The worst thing is that, when she looked away from Ayumi, she found the same expression on Rika's face.

-I hate you -she finally said- Both of you.

-Ok, could you stop walking now? This isn't going anywhere.

The Great Consellour turned to look at her friend. They'd been walking through stone corridors for a while now and Abe seemed to have lost her confidence in Yuko knowing the way.

-We're not lost, if that's what you thinking -said the older- We're almost there.
-But what's so important that the Queen had to keep it under the palace, in a place like this.
-I'm sure you'll discover it yourself soon.

When Yuko said the last word, Natsumi noticed that they already had reached the end of passage and in front of them there was just solid rock. Then, Nakazawa took out the key that she borrowed from the King's room and approached the wall. The next thing that happened seemed like magic, or that's what Nacchi thought when the stone wall moved to the side revealing a door. The door where the Queen's key fitted perfectly.

-What you're about to see it's a secret passed through generations at our Queen's family and I was entrusted with it when she got sick. Not even the King knew about it.
-And you're going to show it to me now?
-The time when we'll need them has come.
-Who?

The door opened and revealed a huge room, a round cave larger than the largest hall in the palace. It was all grey stone, lit just with a few torches around so mostly of the place was still in darkness. Abe tried to advance, but before she could take a step, Yuko hold her back. She had taken one of the torches at the door and pointed the flame towards the ground, or where it should had been the ground. In it's place there was just darkness.

-Stay behind me.

There was a narrow stone bridge that they crossed walking close to each other until finally reached a solid platform at the center of the cave. Nakazawa place the torch she was holding in a place similar to a stone altar and then walked back a few steps. What happened next almost made Abe fall on her knees.

The whole room began to move in a way that seemed like if the ground under their foot was spinning. Suddenly, light intensified and Natsumi could see clearly how four round columns were rising from the dark abyss.

-What's all that, Yuko? -she was still trying to adjust her eyes to the new light and could believe if what she was seeing was true.

The columns were around the cave and, when they reached the roof and its base joined the platform at the center, the whole room had floor. The bridge disappeared and the door closed.

-This, my dear Nacchi, is our secret weapon.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:54:12 AM by len.chan »

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Traveler [ch. 30 up] yes, i'm back! jan. 30th
« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »
OMG! FIRST!

*essy's dancing to wonder girls here (don't worry she's damn happy you continued too!)*

eh... I'll comment when I read the chapter~ shall edit again later~

-Edit-
YOUR BACK!! WELCOME BACK!
Is Yossi really heading to the Blue hell place? Does she even know there's such a place? OOoo MakixShiba was really sweet~

For a second there I thought Nakazawa and Abe too were going to the Blue Hell place using a secret passage way. I'm probably wrong... I think.

YAY! Welcome back once again! -waits very patiently for next chapter-

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:56:36 AM by stefy »

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for coming BACK!!

This is one of my favorite stories ever... (apart from thruth's...and estrea's, and most of the writers in here  XD)

Highlight:

Ayumi needed a whole second to let her mind process what she heard. That, definitely, wasn't Maki's voice.

-Great... -this time it was the bandit. Kisses stopped and hands suddenly disappeared.

Poor Shiba-chan...  :rofl:

-What's all that, Yuko? -she was still trying to adjust her eyes to the new light and could believe if what she was seeing was true.

The columns were around the cave and, when they reached the roof and its base joined the platform at the center, the whole room had floor. The bridge disappeared and the door closed.

I also was wandering what this SECRET WEAPON will be...

PS: Boca del lobo: you can translate it as "inside the lion's den" because it means to be in a very dangerous or high pressure situation.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #363 on: January 29, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »
^Actually, I think a closer translation would be "into the devil's mouth" ? I mean, the literal meanings are a bit closer and it still means the same thing.... xDDDD?

ANYWHO.

LEN.CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

-frolicks in a field of daisies-

I've missed you~! It's been so long! I bet you probably noticed how much this section kinda changed! o_o; And now one of your loyal readers is a mod now, roffle xDDDD...

ANYWHO. Onto the story...

Blue Hell sounds like an interesting place! And it seems only natural that Maki would have to lead them there since she's a bandit, and that place is infested with bandits, so her reputation would probably let them slide by traps and stuff... o_o; But roffle at Rika walking in on Ayumi and Maki xDDD Their panick was so funny! But what was funnier when the best friends did the puppy dog face to Maki!! Priceless! xDDDD

I wonder what the secret weapon is? Sounds nifty! :3

I hope you remember my Yossie x Yossie offer LOL! I'm kidding, but it will be REALLY interesting to see our Yossie interact with this world's Yossie! Actually, in all honesty, I really wanna see what this world's Yossie is like! She must be really cool and rugged!

xDDD Can't wait til your next chapter, Len.chaaaan~! Me gusta su historia caliente~!  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
« Reply #364 on: January 29, 2009, 09:08:15 PM »
Thanks for remerber that there's always readers =D than love you <3 ~

HELLZ YEAH!!!! xD

Back to the fic =D

Jajajajajaja fear so good xDDDDDDDD that was very funny one  :yep:

I wanna know about the secret weapon too ._. it's very interesting =)

ps: Que tal todo por alla? xD
ps2: Len.chan leyo los mensajes ke le deje en el Tag de su Blog xDDDDDDDD???

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #365 on: January 29, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »
Holy!!! *insert my avatar's pic here* This is amazing! I thought you had forgotten this fic, glad to know is not like that :w00t:
Ok, now I'm going to calm down and to read the update.

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
thanks for staying there and don't forget about this story, and thanks for the translation too, Yankii Heart and Yuuyami (congratulations for your promotion to mod ;) ) When I was writing I wasn't sure how to spell it and the last time I checked the text  I totally forgot to change that sentence. And, Yuu-chan, about the YossiXYossi thing... I'm still not sure about it XDD

Haruka; yeah, I still read the tag from time to time. Gracias por seguir ahi ^_^
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 01:15:35 AM by len.chan »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2009, 04:45:29 AM »
HOLY CRAP, IT'S LEN.CHAN!!! :w00t:

“Nakazawa-san,,, Even if you are de Great Consellour... I don't know if it's ok for us to be here...”

Yuko didn't pay attention to what the other woman had said and walked into the room, gesturing Natsumi to close the door after them. She looked around, scanning the room with narrowed eyes until she found what she was looking for in one of the corners. Then, she walked towards the spot and Natsumi, after thinking a moment if she was allowed to do the same, followed her superior.
Something tells me that okay or not, Yuko's probably been in this room before, and there's a specific reason why she's going there now.

There, hidden behind a silk transparent curtain, there was a little portrait of a young woman, shinning with a beautiful smile in her lips.

“He never forgot her, right?”
“None of us could never forget her” replied softly Nakazawa, while she caressed the frame of the paint, passing her index finger slowly from the top to the bottom “The Queen was truly special...”
Now then...who was the Queen? :)

The real reason for the portrait to be there it was to hide something else. Something inside a little box that was now in the hands of the Great Consellour.

“That's the big secret?” asked Abe-san curious.
“Just the key”
The key? As in...the secret is somewhere else, but they need this to get to and/or actually be able to make use of it?

Ai-chan and Kaoru were still looking at each other, unable to decide what to do. With their faces covered, the Princess obviously had taken them as simple maids and now it was going to be difficult to explain the truth. They both turned to Risa asking for help desperately.

“Your Majesty...” the little Lieutenant cleared her throat before continue speaking “...they're not here to clean...”
Oh crud, busted? :?

“Takahashi-san?” asked a surprised Princess.
“Before you call the soldiers to arrest us again, there's something we need to tell you”

“Who's that girl?” asked Ishikawa staring at Kaoru.
“That's why we are here. She's looking for Captain. She said that Yoshizawa-san needs help”
Well, mentioning Yossi probably/hopefully helps out a bit.

The look on Rika's face darkened suddenly.
Or....not? :o

“For what I know, she's doing pretty well alone...”
“But we need to demonstrate that she's innocent”
“She stated it pretty well that she don't need my help”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, she came to me, said that didn't remember anything and then ran away again without a word. If she wanted so badly to go back to her other life, at least could have told me...”
“Your Highness...” said Kaoru finally speaking “I really need to find her”
“And I have more important problems that I need to take care of” cut the Princess with angry “So, please, leave this palace. For the years you've served me well, Takahashi, I'm not going to tell anything, but I'm not going to help either”
Oh crap.   :bleed eyes:

“We're sorry to have disturbed your Majesty” said Niigaki with an apologetic tone “We'll leave now”

The girls couldn't do anything else but resign themselves and get out of the room without any clue about what to do next. Risa told them to wait for her there a moment and returned inside one more time
Gonna try one more time, Risa?

Just when the younger opened the door again to leave, the Princess called her, still without looking at her.

“Niigaki”
“Yes, Highness?”
“The Blue Hell”

Risa smiled lightly and bowed before leaving definitely.
Eh? She helped them after all?

And just what is "The Blue Hell"?

“Are you going to tell me what was that?”
“What?” asked Yoshizawa at the sudden question.
“You just made those men fly away like mere leaves with just a movement... How?”
I'd wager that that's something we'd all like to know.

“Just Yossi it's ok. I'm not your captain” Hitomi saw the expression in Mako's face and understood that she should found a way to explain herself without revealing her secret “...at least, not anymore, since I'm being wanted by murder. I guess you can tell that it's like I'm fired so, no captain, ok?”
Well, somehow I doubt that even THAT world's Yossi could do the stuff that she did in that fight (otherwise Mako wouldn't have been so surprised by it).

Makoto sat down at the humid groung and laid against a tree. “And now what? Do you have any plans to prove your innocence?”
“Not really” answered Yoshizawa sitting at her side “First, I have to find my friend, then we'll see...”
One step at a time. Find Kaoru. At least then, even if they're not able to prove her innocence, they both (hopefully) will still have a way out.

* "BLUE HELL" DESCRIPTION/DISCUSSION*
Well, considering the characters they've met so far, and the past history of that world's Yossi, it would be (at least somewhat) logical that she'd use that place as a refuge. She probably knows it well enough to be "safe" there, unlike those who would be pursuing her.

-What happened? -asked Takahashi appearing from behind the secret door.
-It seems that they found Captain at the west gardens.
-Is she ok?!
-Probably. She left a few unconscious guards behind her and ran away -answered Niigaki to calm Kaoru and then turned to Ai- They said that Makoto was with her and went towards the forest.
Eep. That wasn't "Captain Yoshizawa". That was Yossi.

-So...?
-So, you're probably right and she's heading to the Blue Hell.
It's in the same direction that Yossi and Mako were going in? Could be that even if she's from a different world, Yossi still thinks.......like Yossi.

*MAKISHIBA SCENE*
Opening part...:drool:

-Oh my Goddess...
-What? -asked the older, confused.
-You really do love me, don't you? -this time there wasn't mocking tone, nor half smiles or second meanings.
-I... well, you are..., you know, important... in some way...
Damn right she does! :wub:

What I mean is... -Maki took some breath- I've heard the word love so many times..., but in the end, no one ever cared... It  feels surprisingly good to know that someone does, that someone wants me to return safe and it feels even better if that someone is you.

Shibata sat on the bed, looking at the younger with a wide smile on her face.
SHIBA-CHAN'S KILLER SMILE!!!
:wriggly:

*MAKISHIBA HOT 'N HEAVY*
:mon blood:

The older looked at the other girl in her bed and then at the unexpected guest in front of them. The burst of rage was almost instantaneous.

-Do you know why the hell doors exist, Rika?!
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!
:frustrated:

The princess was taken aback by the angry friend in front of her.
Not just angry, but her angry...NEKKID friend.
:mon sweat:

-I'd like to say it's nice to see you again, Princess, but considering the circumstances -she then looked at Shibata- I guess I'll get going.
-No! -both Ishikawa and her friend shouted at time.
Eh? :O

-Well, I understand why Ayumi wants me to stay
WOOOOOO!  :cow:

-I'm going to the Blue Hell and it'll be easier if you guide us.
-The Blue Hell?
-Wait, us? -asked Shibata interrupting.
-Why do you want to go there? -both bandit and princess ignored the girl that still was naked under the thin silk sheets- It's not a place for people like you.
-I'm going to find her and I need you to help me.
Ah, Rika still cares for Yossi after all! :oops:

* JFC would not make the mistake of ignoring a nekkid Shiba-chan. ;D

-That's the second time today that someone asks me for help. I'm a bandit you know? I'm not a good person.
-Yes, you are.

Looking at her lover, she found herself being attacked with puppy eyes. Maki couldn't stand that look on a girl. If she had a weakness that would never reveal to anyone, were puppy eyes. It was the only way to reach her soft side and the bandit hated to admit that she had it. The worst thing is that, when she looked away from Ayumi, she found the same expression on Rika's face.

-I hate you -she finally said- Both of you.
Rika/Shiba-chan = :mon cute: :mon cute:
Maki = :mon ko:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! 
:hiakhiakhiak:

-What you're about to see it's a secret passed through generations at our Queen's family and I was entrusted with it when she got sick. Not even the King knew about it.
-And you're going to show it to me now?
Wait, not even the KING knew about this?  :shocked:

-The time when we'll need them has come.
-Who?
Yeah, "who" is Yuko talking about, and why did they have to come to this secret chamber to get/find them?

*SECRET ROOM*
What the....
:stunned:

To be continued...
:dizzy:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »
it's back!!!

i'll read it all again  XD

Offline shindoushiz

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • よっし!仕事へa go!まだ無いけど、しくしく
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2009, 06:33:59 AM »
Wow!!  The story is back!  I thought I remembered what happened in the last chapter so I started to read this newest one but I couldn't remember who some of the characters were. :sweatdrop: So after reading 2 chapters... this world sure is complicated with the different groups of people, the mystery of Yossie and the secret weapon.   

:mon lol: at Maki for being such a big softy when it comes to the lethal feminine weapon. :gmon tears:

Don't worry Yuko, I knew you weren't lost in the secret passage. *guilty expression* :sweat: I admit I thought about all those jabs at her age from her kouhai.

元気で行こう!
小川麻琴Dance Dance Suru no da!

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2009, 04:43:10 AM »
oh my gah len-chan, all I have to say is that this story is spectacular.  I just found it today on the forumn and read the entire thing in a single sitting, I couldn't stop...curse you and your epicness.  just a few comments that I should have been posting if I wasn't silly enough not to click on this link in the past:

1) MikixAya and Ishiyoshi rabu rabu will always forever be the greatest, no matter what dimension .  :mon beam:

2) The first arc was great.  I really enjoyed how Yossi was able to be both strong for her friends but at the same time be vulnerable.  No matter what, you can always count on Yossi

3)  :OMG: :fainted: :pleeease: :on speedy: It was heart wrenching to see Rika, Aya and everyone else having to see Yocchan leave a second time.  Maybe in the near future, she will revisit and see whats the good word.

4) I don't know why but im really starting to like kaoru.  I feel like she is going to do something super awesome in the future and I just can't wait for it.

5) There is no way Yossi is the murderer, why can't they see that Yossi  family for Rika?!?! Why can't they see how deep her love for rika is and there is nothing she would do to hurt her.

so what im really trying to say is...I love your story. :pandaaa:

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »

Still no update???  :cry:

Yankii will be waiting then  XD... for as long as my free time allows me... and it is not much time  :sweatdrop:

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
Re: Traveler [ch. 31 up]
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:34 PM »
I know... new chapter every 4 months? my bad, sorry  :kneelbow:

“This place is called the Hall of the Elements. These columns are the pillars of our kingdom, the strength that make us grow, that protect us. Each of them represents an element, water, earth, fire and air”

While hearing Nakazawa's explanation, Natsumi went to one of the columns and touched the cold stone. There was nothing else, just the rough and cold rock. How possibly could those things, even being as imposing as they were, help them in the war that was coming?

“I know what you're thinking” said Yuko as if she could read the younger's mind “And no, they're not merely decorative. This hall is like a catalyst, the only way to make the four guardians awake completely and gather them together here, ready to fight”
“Guardians... You mean, like gods or something?”
“I'm not sure about that. Her Majesty didn't tell me the details. I only know that they're four girls with an incredible power and that they are already here, waiting to be called”
“And you're going to do it now?”

The Counsellor turned back towards the center of the room where the torch was still standing.

“It's time”

Niigaki opened the door of her room from the outside and before entering, she looked around, turning her head to both sides, being sure that nobody had seen her with the huge bad she was carrying along.

“What took you so long?” Ai-chan went to her friend and helped her with the bag “I was worried”
“Ain't easy to go to the armory, steal some weapons and come back here without being noticed, you know?”
“I'm sorry. It's just that we should reach the lake before it gets dark outside”
“I've brought a pair of swords, knives, a crossbow and some food that I found at the kitchen. I hope that Kon-kon won't notice” the young soldier stopped her babbling for a minute and stared at the bag as if she was trying to recall everything “Ah, and a blanket too. If you're going to spend the night outside you'll need it”

Takahashi was checking out the crossbow (Risa sure knew what she liked) when her mind clicked at her friend's last sentence. The Lieutenant then turned to Niigaki with a confused expression on her face.

“You're not coming?” she asked to the younger.
“I must stay” said Risa resolute “Things are gonna get ugly and they'll need me here”
“What do you mean? Something else happened?” this time the question was from Kaoru, who had been quiet until then, obviously worried about their little trip to dangerous lands.
“The only thing you have to worry right now is finding Captain. Be sure to come back with her, ok?” Niigaki turned to her friend and hold her tightly “We'll need all the help we can gather”
“Risa...” Takahashi was obviously worried about what Gaki-san wasn't telling them.
“I'll be fine” answered the taller  “Just go”

At the very center of the palace, where all the corridors converged, there was a beautiful little spot. It was an inside garden, with colored stained-glass windows as a roof that made the sunlight bath the flowers with the colors of the rainbow. The perfume of an extensive variety of roses permeated the place, flooding the senses of anyone that stayed there. That was the sensation that Sayumi liked the most.

“Is your Majesty all right?”

The Princess was sat with her back against one of the columns surrounding the garden while looking at the flowers with her gaze lost far beyond the castle walls. Hearing the soft voice behind her, she suddenly stood up.

“I'm sorry to interrupt, but you seem distressed about something. If I can help you...”
“No, it's ok, Konno-san” the young princess smiled slightly “I was just thinking about something”
“Everybody at the palace is worried”
“You know about what's coming?”
“News spread fast”
“I don't know what I should do” said Sayumi looking down and sitting again on the stone bench of the pillar “I don't even know if I could be helpful”

Asami sat next to her and looked at the roses, some of them still blooming.

“That's why your Majesty is here all alone?”
“I like this place, it makes me feel better. Besides, Counsellor Nakazawa-san has disappeared along with Abe-san, Rika-chan ran away to her room without talking to anyone and Miki still treats me like a kid, she wouldn't take me seriously if I wanted to talk to her about the war”
“So, it is war...” at that moment, Konno seemed to get lost in her own thoughts “We probably should store enough food for a few months, just in case” she mumbled “We don't know how much it's going to last and I've never done any foresight for this kind of situation...”
“Kon-kon” said the princess in a more relaxed tone and letting a little smile appear at her lips “Now you're the one who looks distressed. Come on, wanna have tea with me? We could talk about war tactics and food storage”

Both girls laughed out loud and it seemed for a moment that the thick tension threatening the palace was a bit relieved.

“It would be a pleasure to have tea with your Majesty”

She had the urge to left. The air of her room had began to be unbearable. She could felt it, making its way through her nose, down her throat and burning inside her lungs. She needed to run to get out of the four walls of her room. Aya would be really pissed of when she found out  that there was nobody inside the room. Miki knew that her best friend didn't deserve the way she was treating her lately, but the last thing she wanted was to scare the younger. She had enough being scared herself.

She wasn't sick. Miki was pretty sure about that 'cause she didn't feel weak or wasn't shivering. It's true that the way her body was heating wasn't normal, but a fever usually makes you feel like fainting any moment, not... stronger. In fact, she'd never felt better before. In the last few days, she even began to think that maybe that change, or whatever was happening to her, wasn't bad at all, but with the news they received about an imminent war wasn't definitely the best moment to happen. The only option Miki could think was go to see someone that could make it stop so she could have her head clear and focused in the real problem.

And there she was headed, walking as fast as she could and with her eyes glued to the floor, when someone bumped into her, although Sayumi would say that Miki was the one who bumped into her because the older was walking absent-minded.

“Are you ok, Miki?”

Her sister didn't pay attention to her or Asami and kept walking without uttering a word or even looking at them.

“See what I was talking about?” the young princess sighed “She just ignored me”
“Maybe she's in a hurry...”

Miki heard Sayu's last sentence and, for a brief little moment, she felt sorry for her, just a bit. It's true that lately her attention had been focused towards her dad's death and the trouble it came afterwards, and Sayumi, being the little one, had been kept out of it, 'though she was probably the one who needed support the most at those difficult times. The little one was very fond of their father. Maybe she should spend some time with her, after all it was her sister and, even if the Ice Princess acted like she didn't care, the truth is that Miki really loved that little brat.

“Maybe.., when all this mess's over” she muttered to herself.

She took a deep breath and there was again the hell in her lungs, making sure to remember her where she was going.

“I can't believe I'm doing this...”
“Think of it as a way to do a greater good. Helping us you're helping the whole kingdom”
“Cut that crap, Princess” said the bandit while tightening the saddle of her horse “I shouldn't have helped the pet to escape in the first place, and now I'm taking an annoying princess and my girlfriend to the most dangerous place in these lands. All this is going to ruin my reputation, not to mention that At-chun's going to kill me...”

Maki heard a giggle behind her and turned around to find Shibata grinning from ear to ear.

“What's so funny?”
“You, mumbling to yourself like that. It's so cute”
“Great, now I'm cute” sighed the bandit “If Yocchan knows about this she'll be laughing at me for the rest of my life... Anyway, you're sure no one's going to follow us?” she asked to Ishikawa.
“I'm just going for a ride with my personal assistant and a member of my guard. There's nothing suspicious about it”
“Which remember me that I shall not go into the forest with these clothes”
“What a shame” Ayumi was staring at her from head to feet with a mischievous grin in her lips “Because you look handsome dressed like a soldier”

Staring at the love birds conversation, Rika felt out of place and a bit jealous. She couldn't help but remember the times when Hitomi used to defy the whole palace's guard just for a kiss and now, looking at her friend, how happy she seemed to be sharing that secret life with that rude, bad-mannered bandit,  she wondered if there was some cruel god making them repeat the same path again. She just hoped  to be able to help her friend if all this ended badly.

“You better stop right now where you are, Princess...”

Miki knew that voice and, if at some moment in her life she had feared something, it was every single time that that voice's been angry at her.

“Didn't I tell you to stay in your room?”
“Shit...” muttered Fujimoto.
“You really enjoy making me worry, don't you?”

How to explain her best friend that worry her was the last thing she wanted? That's why she didn't tell her anything at first, and that's why she wasn't going to do it now. So many years together and that was the first time Miki was lying to her. Well, maybe the second... and she wasn't exactly lying, just hiding some extra information that Aya didn't need to now. Of course, the younger wouldn't see it that way and, the first moment she knew the truth, the Princess would prefer to die rather than facing Aya Matsuura.

“Are you ok?” asked her friend, this time forgetting that she should be mad and speaking with a more gentle tone.
“Yeah, just needed some fresh air” she was still not facing the younger, fearing that maybe all her worries where painted in her face.
“Come on, let's go back”

Then, the overprotective friend extended her hand to take Miki's and force her to turn back. She felt it, just a fraction of second before she could even reach her. The heat, the burning skin...  and then, Miki's horrified expression before she ran away, too fast for a sick person.

Aya stood there a minute, taking some time to let her mind process what just happened. Why the hell would her best friend run away from her?

Natsumi was standing still, watching Nakazawa's movements from a safe distance. She hadn't understood what was going to happen exactly and Yuko'd been too cryptic about it but, probably, the counsellor herself didn't know too much about how it worked.

After a few minutes, where it seemed that nothing was going to happen, Nacchi finally decided to ask.

“Shouldn't something change? I don't know...”
“This isn't working...” she thought that the Counsellor said.
“Excuse me?”
“I SAID THAT THIS ISN'T WORKING! DAMNIT!”
“Didn't the Queen explain you how this works?” asked Natsumi after taking some steps away from the older woman, just in case.

Yuko turned her head to give Abe a look that would have scared the bravest warrior and then concentrated again on the pedestal where the torch was still burning, wondering what she was doing wrong.

“I did everything as she told me...”
“Maybe it was meant to work only with her?” pointed the younger.
“And she didn't know?” asked back Yuko.
“Or she forgot”
“Or maybe this thing should have come with a manual” she replied sarcastically.

The Counsellor turned back her attention to the cold stone again, ready to try one more time. She took the torch from the hole were it was standing, held it for a few seconds and then placed again at the same spot. Then, slowly, she closed her eyes and ran her finger over a mark engraved on the surface of the pedestal, muttering some words that Natsumi couldn't catch.

A minute passed while none of them moved, but still nothing happened.

Then, a deep sigh and Nakazawa's defeated look told her that it was useless.

“Now what?” she asked to the Counsellor who was walking towards her.
“I guess we'll need some extra help”

There's a hidden door at the walls of the south garden, just behind the oldest cherry tree. Open it and you'll find a oath that will take you to the Grey Mountain's forest. Soon you'll see it, she lives at the end of the road. There you'll find the answers that you need”

Miki could remember as clear as the blue sky the exact words that her mother told her and Rika so many years ago. They, being just six year old kids, didn't understand why the woman that had given them a new life, the one that rescued her from her misery and asked her to call her mama, was so persistent in them remembering her instructions.

“Maybe I won't be here when the time comes and she'll be the only one able to help you”

The princess didn't know why she remembered it at that moment. Had the Queen knew about what was she going to be through? Would that woman in the woods know how to help her?

She was now standing in front of the ancient cheery tree dominating the south garden of the palace. Taking some steps forward, she rounded the tree and stopped a few inches away from the wall. It was all covered with ivy. If there was a door there, no one had used it in years. Miki bent down to her knees to search for the resort to open it. It must be right there, between the stone and...

“Miki!”

I can believe it...

“What the hell are you doing here?”

Trying to scape from you? She thought.

Slowly, the Princess stood up and looked at Aya. This time though, her friend wasn't mad. In her eyes she could only see worry, and that made Miki feel even guiltier.

“I need to do something and I need to do it alone” she said, trying to sound cold.
“And you think I'm gonna let you?”
“Please, understand...”
“No, you understand!” Aya shouted “Something's bothering you, something important, I can see it in your eyes. You really thing that I'm going to stay here doing nothing? Because then, you don't know me at all”
“Aya...”
“I'm not just you assistant, I'm your best friend. Can't you trust me enough to tell me anything?”

Fujimoto turned her back to her friend and stared at the wall, trying to decide what to do. Aya could be a real pain in the ass until she got what she wanted, and this time wasn't going to be different. She let go a sigh and smiled slightly. Life would be so boring without her...

“Would you stay with me, whatever happens?” she asked, this time sure about her choice. Her fingers were caressing the ivy on the stone, trying to get conceal her nerves before the moment when she would have to tell her everything.
“Always”

Kneeling down again, Miki located easily the resort that she'd found before and pressed it. Then, standing up and facing her friend, the older extended her arm and offered her hand to Aya, who was still taken aback by the sudden view of the wall opening in front of her.

“Take my hand”

The younger did it as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do, not realizing how difficult it was for her friend to make that move. The Princes wondered for a moment if Aya could stand the burning heat of her skin, but it was too late to step back.

“You seem to have cooled down. That's good”

Miki stared at her friend with a puzzled expression. Was Aya holding her hand like nothing was wrong and smiling?

“Cooled down?” she asked.
“Yeah, you're fever. You feel better, don't you?

Without letting go the younger's hand, she looked at her other one free. Aya was right. Worried as she was because of the impending rush of questions that her friend surely would make, she didn't realized that the heat, the living hell inside her body, had disappeared. Suddenly, she could breath again.

“Are you going to tell me what's going on? And why the hell there's a door here? How did you know ?”

But the other girl wasn't paying attention to her words. The only thing that occupied her mind at that moment was the overwhelming feeling of freedom and how make it last. Where did it come from? It was Aya's doing, of that she was sure, she could feel it. But how? Why now? It would fade away if she let go?

A lot of questions and just one person to answer them.

TBC

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Traveler [ch. 31 up -07/10]
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
Update! :w00t:

So much is going on! The war, the pillars, Rika leaving the palace, Takahashi heading to Blue Hell, Gaki-san staying behind. Miki coming into her powers? Uwaa! Can't wait for the next chapter, don't let it be another four months.

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »
YEY!!! AN UPDATE!!! :love: :love: :love:

Hmm, the Hall of Elements... and each pillar represents the elements... and then there's that feverish Miki and butt-kicking Yossie without even touching them... I guess Miki represents fire and Yossie the wind... There are only two elements left... and like rndmnwierd, I too, can't wait for the next chapter... :rockon:

Offline Miki IV

• 1444 believer
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ówO
« Reply #375 on: October 25, 2009, 11:40:58 PM »
I guess Miki represents fire and Yossie the wind... There are only two elements left...

:? and Maki is the water????? o.o?????

Great story!!!!!  So, I can't wait for continuation >.<!!!!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Renai Restaurant