JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Tabidachi no Asa

Author Topic: [CHI] Niki Chow Lai-Kei  (Read 30696 times)

Offline angboi

• Member+
  • 優子ちゃんが最高だ!
Re: [CHI] Niki Chow Lai-Kei
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »
I liked her be4 but after i bumped into Linda chueng, then i changed LOL

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Linda Chung is fugly man!! Niki is :fap and she is FOR THE PEOPLES!!

Niki Chow had a new year celebration with fans

Niki Chow met up with her fans to celebrate the Chinese New Year the other day. She made some cookies for her fans for the event. They played a few games including "unspeakable" and "computer games". Surprisingly Niki won both games. Niki took out a ceramic apply which she got from Japan. She wrote some greeting words on it as the prize for the lucky draw, and everyone wanted to get that lucky draw. Apart from local fans, some fans were from the mainland. Niki was very touched and felt guilty that she didn't have time to go to the mainland to see her fans. Niki promised as soon as she has free time, she would go to the mainland to meet up with them. Among the mainland fans, one of them came all the way from Daliang. She brought a box of "Daliang double milk curd" for her. Niki was so happy and she thanked her fan for looking after her. For her new year wish, Niki hopes she has good health, and more work offers, but her fans said she should wish for a boyfriend instead.

Source: Takungpao/Wenweipo(image)
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 06:19:51 AM »
lol niki

Niki Chow lost control shopping online

Niki Chow likes to go on facebook and writes in her "Blog". As she uses her real name, her boss and fans have added her. Reporter asked if she often spends all night at in? She replied "I have, that is why I have spots." Niki revealed that she is addicted to online shopping. This is because online shopping is cheaper and delivery is direct to her home. She reckons that has saved her a third of her time on shopping. She went on to say she thought she can save money by staying at home, but in fact, she spends more money buying things online. Niki just came back from France and she had spent a fortune on her shopping. Now since she came back, she also spends a lot of money shopping online. Therefore, she would do any job on offer and she is not planning on holiday this year. Niki was very lucky that she won a lucky draw of 3,000 HKD in the company's spring festival dinner. Niki said she is not usually that lucky, nevertheless, she treated her colleagues for a meal with her winning money and she wished everyone good luck.

Source: Takungpao

check it out kid! http://www.facebook.com/nikichow830

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »
aww she needs Sugar Daddy first  :lol:

Niki Chow wishes to travel round the world

Niki Chow participated in "Make a Wish Foundation" healthy hiking activity yesterday. She said she has always wanted to earn a lot of money so that her parents can live very comfortably. She has made it because she bought a house for her parents and she is living with them. Niki's another wish is to spend a year round the world. She envisaged she would need a lot more money for that. She is now trying her best to earn as much as possible for her dream to come true.

Niki was asked if her friend Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) would go with her? She said they are both very busy, it would be difficult to get so much time off together. Talking about Ah Sa has split up with Ronald Cheng now, the reporter said perhaps she can ask Ah Sa again. Niki said she is busy recording at the moment, she will think about it at a later date.

Source: MingPao

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »
crazy! hope she gets better soon

Niki Chow to do eye sugery to remove lentigo on right eye

Yesterday Niki Chow attended Puyi Optical 'Chrome Hearts Eyewear Exhibition'. She reveals that she surgically removed a stain (lentigo) on her left eye 5 years ago. Recently she found black spots and a long stain near the pupil of her right eye. It seems to be getting better too, Niki said: "5 years ago after the eye surgery, I carefully protected my eyes. 6 months ago, I discovered that my right eye had a long stain and looks like it's getting bigger. Near the pupil, there is also some black spots. If I don't do the surgery, the doctor says that there is a chance that it can start covering the pupil, then my vision will be affected."

When will the surgery be done? Niki frankly said that she has to check with her schedule first before deciding because after the surgery, she'll need a month to fully recover. During the time, she cannot put make-up, so she can only attend public events and cannot do any filming. She reveals that initially she's suppose to start on a new series in August, but because she's working on her new book and album, it is postponed. She would deliberately read in the dark and look directly into the sun, hoping to get nearsighted. As she got older, she finally understands that not being nearsighted is the most blessed.

Source: Mingpao

Translator: aZnangel@http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
WOOO HOO!!!! more sexy photos from Niki

Niki Chow already decided Maldives for her honeymoon

This year Niki Chow comes back with a new book, she is launching her 5th book that she personally wrote. This year she is releasing a collection of articles on her travels in Hokkaido, entitled (Cherish). It is a travel book that expressed her feelings through her adventures. She felt: "There is no money earned for releasing a book. I am also not looking at the money because I'm not a professional writer. So every year when I release a book, it is the moment where I share with my readers. This year I want to tell everyone to cherish everything, for example family relationships, friendship and even the earth, also needs to be cherished." Asked if she has any place that she really wants to go, but hasn't gotten the chance to? She said: "Maldives, but I want to leave for my honeymoon, go to this place with my husband. To me, it is the sweetest place, so have to share it with my other half."

In the last two years, she has faced the young models releasing their photo books, will focus be on them too at the Book Fair? Niki said: "I really haven't paid attention to that nor do I have any comments. But, if the media can give a little more attention, actually there are many artists who worked hard in releasing a book, that way it be a little fairer to everyone else."
Translator: aZnangel@http://asianuniverse.net

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 09:50:53 AM »
some HK Book fair pimpage:

lucky guy!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »
Good for Niki!!

Niki Chow and leukemia young female sings a friendship
Posted by lucychoi559

Niki Chow and a female student Prudence, who suffers from leukemia produced a song together. The CD Single is officially out for sale, the proceeds will go to the Make A Wish Charity Foundation, to help the sick children in Mainland. Yesterday Niki and Prudence attended the "Wish For 'Love' Sharing Meeting" together, Niki said: "It's a rare opportunity for Prudence to change her own wish into another wish. Although she has leukemia, she's still living optimistically and her efforts are ceaseless. Will test to get 21 points, not getting a false reputation. Prudence and I exchanged our Facebook and Weibo, hope to become friends in our personal lives. Although we have no age gap, she has more experiences and knows more than I do. To be able to be friends, I can learn a lot from her."

Niki constantly does good deeds, later she will be attending Jet Li's One Foundation Charity Race in Shanghai. This is the first time she's participating in a race, Niki expressed her excitement as well as her worries, she said that safety always comes first, but also cannot travel like an ant. She suddenly felt that it's necessary to say that after watching the movie Aftershock, Zhouqu's landslide in Gansu province pictures has surfaced repeatedly, so I remind myself to put in some effort to help people, of course hope that there won't be any more natural disasters.

Translator: aZnangel@asianuniverse

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
Niki Chow plants her own red beans in Japan 

Earlier Niki Chow went to Hokkaido, Japan to shoot ads for a mooncake endorsement. The main focus of the trip was to visit the red bean fields grown in the city. Niki and a farmer went into the farms and personally planted her own red beans. Niki carefully listened to farmer's instructions, following step by step and she looked like a natural. However, the farming work did not look simple because have to keep crouching down and that can become very tiring.

Niki said: "When I was in school, I tried to plant red beans at home. This time seeing such a big red bean field, really is an eye-opener. I also found out that the food here is related to the Japanese long lives. They eat healthy and nutritious. Like red beans, the locals really like to eat because it's rich in Vitamin B and minerals with low calories.

Translator: aZnangel@asianuniverse

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 05:22:41 AM »
new music from NIKI!!

NIKI - F.L.Y (2010-11-11) 

It's been almost two years since Niki Chow's last EP Redefine, and now the Hong Kong singer/actress has finally put another new EP on the market. The long-awaited EP is titled F.L.Y., which stands for Freedom, Love, and Youth - or the essential things one pursues in life. Niki is known for her ballads, but the latest EP offers something different. The five songs on it includes the dance number "Eight Hundred Days" from Swing's Jerald, the charity promo song "Wish" which was previously released as a fund-raising single in August, and the Japanese R&B-styled "Final Countdown" featuring 24Herbs rapper Ghost Style, who also co-wrote the lyrics.

1. 八百天
2. 願望
3. 最後倒數 Featuring Ghost Style
4. 綿羊
5. 搖籃曲

DOWNLOAD

Pretty banging beats, hilarious dancing:

and on Jade Solid Gold

She was on TVB's VIP for a sexy interview

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »
Niki WORKIN IT :fap

and her bday too eh?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
it's been a while eh!!

Niki Chow: I am now very open

In the previous ME! interview with Niki, she had 5-7 people around her, only served as a respondent during the interview and was reserved. Even when she was being interviewed, she felt so stressed, her back was sweating.

(Left to right: 1984, 5 years old kindergarten graduation; 1989, 10 year old birthday; 2000, Niki's debut - a clear and pure attractive nature. The best part is her looks haven't really changed.)

(Left to right: 2005, in tears with her 'Most Improved Female Artist' Award; 2008, hanging on wires for 'Book and Sword' filming; 2010, A trip to Paris with her family)

Seeing Niki again, she only brings along her female assistant to the photo shoot studio. Although she appeared a little worn out after rushing over here, she was clearly a lot more relaxed and was louder in her speech.

"Signing into a company, there are a lot of things to take into account, now that I don't have a burden, I am more comfortable."

In the past, when she was asked about her relationships, she would just give the official answer, but now she's all relaxed: "I am now very open, I wil go meet new friends."

In the interview with Niki last year, a photo of her had a shadow near her chest, and she wanted it to be deleted immediately in order to protect her career line from being exposed. Asked what she's so scared about? She generously answered you: "Definitely not sexy."

Today, seeing her again, the photographer suggested she make a breakthrough for a sex appeal, Niki quickly said: "As long as the results look good, then I don't really mind." This time, the staff were caught off guard this time, especially the male assistants, every one of them were like little deers running around randomly and their ears were red. A group of little fans immediately surfaced on the set.

"The photographer wanted to try it out and take a few shots, I trust him. I don't want the staff to feel awkward and clear the studio, never had I experience that. I feel sorry. To me, it's not any breakthrough, everyone thinks it's sexy, but I don't feel there is anything to see. My arms are covering, just revealing my back."

In the past, she rather let people tease that she had no body figure, and was stingy showing just a little because she couldn't convince herself. Now that she can convince herself, Niki was not only the photographer, but her long time 'jade girl' image is also taken down.

"After all, signing with a company, have to take many things into account, and there are a lot of constraints. Now that there is no company, I actually feel the freedom, like I don't have the burden anymore. My current impression is that my work is has a lot of 'self', like this is the real me, unconstrained. I am currently discussing with a new company, it's almost done, and will be announced by the end of the year. I don't know if I'll lose this (the freedom) again after signing with that company, but I can only enjoy the moment now."

TVB and her [previous] record company (BMA) are currently in a dispute and there's just news to read. It does feel like Niki is giving up a whole factory for a piece of candy when she decided to terminate her contract to shoot a TV series, feels pretty wrong. As the story develops, the victim turns into the one who benefits. Not being the TV station's biological daughter, she is often earning the Chinese Yuan up north.

"Two years ago when I was shooting The Book and the Sword, the broadcast was doing well in Mainland, then many people asked me to shoot series. My next series will also be in Mainland, this year I am officially starting to develop in the Mainland market."

It was rumored Book and Sword was a high rated series in Mainland, the production company supported Niki developing in the foreign market. Does she get paid a million for her work? Niki was completely clueless, so her assistant, who was sitting by her side, told her that's the rumor circulating in the public.

"It was a reasonable pay, also the value of the Chinese Yuan is increasing, of course it's much better than Hong Kong. The treatment is also very good, I am really frank, haha."

Domestic artists are all going up north to make a living, can't say there aren't any pressures, but Niki is prepared, no worries.

"They (Mainland artists), 90% of them came from professional acting schools. They are sensitive to the beat and the camera shots. 7 years ago, I collaborated with a Mainland artist, and I already knew the differences between the two artists coming from two areas (HK & Mainland). There are less HK artists that came from acting schools, mostly learn on the job. Natural acting is accepted by audience. In Mainland, it's more about the skills, displaying the principles learned in the acting. I feel acting is not about good or bad, just whether or not audience likes it after watching, if there was resonances. A long time ago, someone told me before that the most important is audience fate, something that money cannot buy."

Niki's tips

Q: What skincare tips you have for the summer?
A: In the summer more sweat and oil comes out on the skin, have to carefully wash everyday, that's how the skin can be kept well.

Q: Diet?
A: I'm shooting ancient series in July-August, already prepared soup stock and prepared to make soup everyday.

Go out and meet friends

Last year, the year before, the year before that, Niki said she'll get marry and have kids within two years. Doing some calculations, the 'child' should be pretty old by now right? Niki could not help but laugh out loud, claiming that there is nothing new about her answers: "You asked me last year, I said in two years, this year you ask me, I still say its two years. Next year you ask me, I will say two years again, counting it all together, it's about 6-7 years. Haha."

"10 years ago, I already said 2 years. Today, I'm still saying 2 years. In fact, I really don't know when myself, but seeing so many people asking, I just kept the 2 year answer."

Still no partner? "I am now very open, I will go meet new friends, but if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. Leave to fate."

Will you be like other FaDans, go up north, besides making use of the work, you also conveniently meet a Mainland boyfriend or husband too? "That is possible! haha, why not? The market is so big. Many people asked me that, I don't rule out that possibility, if it works then it works. Every time I'm in Mainland, I'm always hurried because of work, so I haven't met someone yet."

Epilogue

Busy, Niki truly is very busy. In the past, after an interview she would just sit for a bit and eat a few things, chat a little, but this time after the photo shoot, Niki has to quickly fly back to Mainland for work. Even she said herself, "In a month, I'm flying 7-8 times to Beijing, Shanghai and in the end of the month, I'm flying to the States for a show. I am so sick of flying now, sometimes I even get confused on whether I'm in Beijing or Shanghai."

Niki although smiles, but her smile is quite bitter.

Source: ME! Magazine Issue#236 | Credit: ihktv.com
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »
She's also very LADY!! :heart:

Niki Chow never thought about competing for TV Queen

Niki Chow won favor from TVB golden producer Lee Tim Shing as he invited her several times to take part in his television productions. Unfortunately, his invitations had never been successful until Bottled Passion, when Tim Gor appointed Niki to be the lead actress. Niki said: "Tim Gor told me he won't replace my role no matter what, just by this comment, I must shoot the series."

Niki frankly said the successful collaboration was entirely because of Tim Gor's one comment: "This time I'm participated in Bottled Passion entirely because of Tim Gor's comment, he told me he won't replace my role no matter what, it is because of that one comment, I will definitely shoot it. Many things are about fate, Tim Gor was so insisting, so I will really cherish this opportunity."

In the series, Niki played what she's best at, an emotional role. The character is reflected by the innermost feelings, which really shows the ups and downs of her acting. When asked if she has confidence in winning 'TV Queen' based on this role? She said: "I personally never thought about awards. Awards cannot be predicted, and I'm not acting because of awards. I am doing this for audience to watch."

Niki had always moved forward in her showbiz career, often accepting to take part in different kinds of TV series. She now has the qualifications of an artist, but Niki frankly said she doesn't want to have too many productions: "In the past, I just keep working and working, but now I just hope for quality, not quantity. I also hope to take some time off to absorb new knowledge and enrich myself."

Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

weird, cuz i never really see her as a major TV star lol, not even movies XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 02:15:02 AM »
she could use a few extra L.B.s!!

Niki Chow gains weight due to Lunar New Year Celebrations

Busy filming Policewoman Love Battlefield earlier, Niki Chow set aside work to spend time celebrating the Lunar New Year holiday with her family. Within 3 days, Niki consumed 5 pieces of radish cake and 2 pieces of rice cake, thus gaining 3 pounds! Niki laughed, “I’m afraid that [my onscreen appearance will look difficult] and not connect with previous footage! I will resume filming on Thursday and distribute lucky packet money worth over a 5-figure sum!”

In addition, Niki especially learned orchid flower arrangement skills from a florist. Niki’s orchid arrangement was praised highly, indicating her innate talent. Niki improvised and called her flower arrangement, “Butterfly Love Flowers.”

Source: On.cc

Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 01:10:49 AM »
Hanging with TWINS :hip smile: