JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Predators - Sleepy Dragon

Author Topic: Oldskool Japanese Music Thread (1920's-1980's)  (Read 391259 times)

Offline gandalfaaron

Re: Oldskool Japanese Music Thread (1920's-1960's)
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
anyone have the part 2 of Dan's 40s and 50s upload?

the link on the first post seems to be dead.......if anyone has it pls reupload them

thanks

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:10 PM »
久美かおり / Kaori Kumi  with her 1968 song くちづけが怖い / Kuchizuke ga Kowai / Afraid to Kiss

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2012, 03:46:42 AM »

the link on the first post seems to be dead.......if anyone has it pls reupload them

thanks

No problem! I added new links in the posts on the first page.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline gandalfaaron

« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »

thanks

No problem! I added new links in the posts on the first page.

thank you!!!!

Offline jigenbakuda

• What is it about you...君を愛し過ぎている
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2012, 04:51:13 AM »
久美かおり / Kaori Kumi  with her 1968 song くちづけが怖い / Kuchizuke ga Kowai / Afraid to Kiss

久美かおり くちづけが怖い {With thanks to old2008music1 }

I am so in love with this song... but my googling has lead me to dead ends. Could someone offer assistance in finding her music? She appears to be rare-ish online and she only did a handful of songs, but 60's j-music was pro...

For anyone who cares to help I was looking for her albums

フラワー・ポップス・シリーズ(3) 星のプリンス

which had the track listing of

1. 星のプリンス(久美かおり&ザ・タイガース)
2. くちづけが怖い
3. 夜明けの海
4. 今日から私は
5. 草の鏡
6. 愛のディンガリン
7. 愛の小鳥
8. 小さな鳩
9. 髪がゆれている(デュエット)
10. 髪がゆれている(二重唱ヴァージョン)
11. ワンサカ娘

Just throwing it out there for those more adept at j-googling than I.

Edit: List of her discography (this link is for records... hoshi no prince is a cd)
http://kumisanlibrary.ninja-web.net/record.html

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹)Angerme - Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)Tsubuki Factory - ???
Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん…
Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Offline wakazashi20

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
久美かおり the song you posted from her is awesome.  You are right it is hard to find her music.  I was able to find the song くちづけが怖い , but only for another artist who covered it in the 70s.  >__<  I guess I will have to turn the video into an mp3.  I am used to having trouble finding old enka artists though....

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »
one more time 久美かおり/ Kaori Kumi singing 草の鏡  / Kusa no Kagami (Mirror of Grass) ???

Offline jigenbakuda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
Well I will just post the youtube rips then... These have been incorrectly tagged (by me) as coming from the hoshi no prince cd, even though, they are clearly from the youtubez. But I must mention that in exception of "hana ni naritai?" all of the song to actually appear on that cd. Uhm, this is merely for those that were interested in koari and wanted to save themselves trips to youtube.

Kaori Kumi - random songs
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nx3gnv420v5jt83/kaori kumi.rar

Also... this thread is epic...
Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹)Angerme - Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)Tsubuki Factory - ???

Offline Cyuha

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »
Hi everyone : )
First, i'd like to thank you for all these compilations/albums, it's really nice of you to share them, and it helped me a lot since it can be hard to find x)
Recently, i've been looking everywhere for a Folk Crusaders album, but i didn't find anything. I tried to order one on the japanese amazon, but they don't deliver in France... i'm so sad XD I would just like to ask if anyone could post one of their albums ? I would be eternally grateful !

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2012, 04:55:39 AM »
Hi everyone : )
First, i'd like to thank you for all these compilations/albums, it's really nice of you to share them, and it helped me a lot since it can be hard to find x)
Recently, i've been looking everywhere for a Folk Crusaders album, but i didn't find anything. I tried to order one on the japanese amazon, but they don't deliver in France... i'm so sad XD I would just like to ask if anyone could post one of their albums ? I would be eternally grateful !

Hi Cyuha,

I do not know how to download CD's or DVD's into torrent sites (if that is the correct name), but perhaps you can find Folk Crusaders at online music sales, such as Amazon.
Here is English page of Amazon Japan:  http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b/ref=topnav_switchLang?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

I recently purchased (in a music shop) a 2010 Best of Folk Crusaders CD. Here is the title and detail found on the back of the CD case:
Title: ザ・フォーク・クルセダーズ|スーパー・ベスト
(The Folk Crusaders / Super Best)
IVY Records QIAG-11041
2010 EMI Music Japan Inc. STEREO/MONO*/DUO JASCRAC MADE IN JAPAN 10-10-8
Maybe you can try to search online with the Japanese Title, or work with music store where you shop, and see if they know how to order foreign titles?

Here is one of the songs (below is a live version from a different CD) that is included in the Super Best CD 戦争は知らない / Sensou wa Shiranai (I Don't Know War): 

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2012, 05:10:30 AM »
The Spiders were part of the "Group Sound" era, which was the Japanese music direction inspired, in part, by the emergence of the Beatles and other rock groups.
In the U.S. the British influence on American pop was referred to by some as  "The British Invasion"
This song by The Spiders is called あの時君は若かった / Ano Toki Kimi wa Wakakatta / You Were Young at That Time (or sumpin' like that)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:23:20 PM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
伊藤ゆかり/ Yukari Ito with her June 1, 1969 released song 愛するあした / Ai suru Ashita / To Love Tomorrow.
Silky smooth voice has she.

Offline Cyuha

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2012, 10:29:47 PM »
Hello muppet,
thanks for your reply : ) in fact i had already tried searching for their music in japanese, but i couldn't find anything. And i tried to order on amazon.jp, but it is there that they didn't deliver in France é_è but i thank you for your answer, i will try to search in cd stores then, maybe i'll have a chance in the ones in Paris : )
thanks again, also for all this music !

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
Hi Cyuha,

Perhaps a forwarding company like this:

http://www.tenso.com/en/

meaning if you could find the items that you want on an online service like Amazon Japan or Tsutaya online, you could then have Tenso forward it to you?

But I have never used such a service, so cannot say if it is good service or not.

Meanwhile back to the "Group Sound" era, and hear are "The Tigers" ザ・タイガース with the song  "Monariza no Hohoemi"/モナリザの微笑 / Mona Lisa's Smile/ :

Offline jigenbakuda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »
Oh god this song is haunting me... god the japanese have sad love songs on lock! I just can't wait to find someone to sing this one to... anyways check it out, its a 50's song sung by futaba akiko, and check out dude on the piano... what a bad ass...

Offline SteveSuth

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
My father bought this around 1950s in Japan - the disk is broken now, but I'm trying to find a replacement for him. I've had it suggested that the artist is either 'Terugiku' or Masako Kawada - though it sounds different from the recordings that I have heard from Masako Kawada. Any suggestions or ideas?

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »
Hi SteveSuth,

this is what I could find,

曲  名 Kyoku-mei (Song Name): 島で暮らせば / Shima de Kuraseba  (You Live on the Island)
歌手 Kashu (Singer):照菊 Teru Kiku (shining Chrysanthemum) This was her stage name....her real name was 飛田静江 Tobita Shizue (she passed away in 1988 at age 63)
lyricist: Matsumura Mataichi 松村又一
composer: Eguchi Yoshi 江口夜詩
produced: 29年05月 (May 1954)
King Record C1047

http://hccweb6.bai.ne.jp/~hgg29501/__si.htm

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »
YouTuber  ha858 has posted some other songs by Teru Kiku 照菊 , so maybe check out  ha858 's playlist on YouTube

涙の船頭唄 /Namida no sendō-uta (Boatman Song of Tears)

Offline SteveSuth

« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »
Wow, thank you so much for that! My Dad is a happy man - he has been wanting to know the singer and song for over 50 years! I haven't been able to locate a listenable copy of it so far, but at least I can start to look around with the information you have provided.

Thanks again!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
Wow, thank you so much for that! My Dad is a happy man - he has been wanting to know the singer and song for over 50 years! I haven't been able to locate a listenable copy of it so far, but at least I can start to look around with the information you have provided.

Thanks again!

My pleasure, glad to be of help! Happy hunting! :cow:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Predators - Sleepy Dragon