JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Tell Me

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 247348 times)

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #780 on: February 24, 2008, 12:24:26 PM »
the vid is no longer available but I'm not sure I want to see it :/
painful  :bleed eyes:

lol I just learnt the Dida's injury from bench XD
“Dida’s back seized up and it is quite a serious problem.” The Brazilian was stretchered off at half-time after finding he couldn’t get up off the bench.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #781 on: February 24, 2008, 01:20:15 PM »
You knew there was a problem when the ref immediately called for the stretcher. I don't believe it was an intentional tackle,  I thought it would be a booking at least when I first saw it. Just ill timed and ill judged. Seeing Eduardo's foot flap around lifelessly like that in midair *shudder*. Looks absolutely agonising. I hear he's out for the rest of the season and potentially more than that. I hope his playing career isn't badly affected. Yes he plays for Arsenal but I like him, he's a great player, and no matter who plays for which team, you just don't want to see a skilled player like him go out like that. Hope he recovers soon.

But it wasn't just Arsenal that felt the pain yesterday, it was Newcastle! :lol:

Another link to the tackle if you're interested, but be warned, there is a reason why Sky chose not to replay it yesterday:

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/eduardo/video/x4h8tt_blessure-eduardo_

*EDIT*

Chelsea 1 - 2 Tottenham - Tottenham are winners of the Carling Cup

Wayhey! No quad for Chelsea this season, or any other season for that matter! Spurs deserved it to be fair, were definately the better team on the day.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:12:36 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #782 on: March 24, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »
No posts for a month?! Disgraceful!

Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Liverpool

Yay :D What a fool Mascherano was for giving off the ref. If you are going to give off to the ref I suggest two things:

a) Don't be questioning his decisions at any point before
b) Don't do it when you're already on a yellow card

Completely unnecessary to run 20 yards to do that. And after what Cashley Cole did to the ref (oh God, I didn't think it was possible to hate him more, but his treatment to the ref on Wed took it to a whole new level) it was natural that certain refs were going to act tough. Andy Gray stuck up for Mascherano, saying giving a yellow card for that is killing the passion of the game. Bollocks. You can be passionate without being dissident towards officials. And what would Andy Gray suggest be a suitable punishment instead?

And now Arsenal have lost, leaving Chelsea with a 5 point gap behind us. I definately would not leave Arsenal out of the title race though. Sure they ran out of steam at the worst time, but there's still too much quality in that team not to fight back.

Oh and Ronaldo can be summed up in one word. Superstar. Surely the best player of the season? I know, I know Kaka and Messi are some of the names you could also throw in contention but they've had to struggle with injuries, something which Ronaldo hasn't. Let's face it, it's a rare occurrence for any player to score 25 league goals in 25 appearances, particularly if your official position is a midfielder.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #783 on: March 24, 2008, 01:18:07 AM »
Mascherano is a tool.
What else did he expect? His team mates should let him know how much he let them down by
making them play the entire second half with ten men.

It's a pity that Ronaldo and Rooney's finishing weren't upto scratch, otherwise we would have
scored 4 or 5 today. They both played well and Nani made a huge impact once he's on (his
corners are just so much better than Giggs' efforts - and the lack of it throughout the match).

Anderson was pretty poor today (seem to have hit the rookie brick wall in the past few weeks),
I won't be surprised to see Fletcher in for the Roma games, he was brilliant against them last
year.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #784 on: March 24, 2008, 02:12:29 PM »
Rooney was our best player yesterday, of that I had no doubt. People can criticise his lack of goals, but he contributes so much during each match. I'm sure Fergie keeps telling him to keep doing what he's doing cause he does create chances and is, naturally, more than capable of scoring.

Nani's very impressive, and I'm not talking about his goal celebrations. Never is one to score goals from tap in's, but loves to blast it from outside the box. Always good to see :D Great at set-pieces too. And I :heart: Anderson. You ask any fan from any club and they'll tell you he's a huge talent. I thought he played well yesterday, if only for his lovely pass to Rooney in the opening 10 mins that could have been a goal. Great vision, balance, speed and passing ability, top quality player. Even if he is in a slump of form, it's something all players go through.

Although I do agree that Fletcher could be brought in against Roma.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #785 on: March 30, 2008, 12:58:58 AM »
Anderson is a good and have the potential of being a great if he keeps improve (and it's remarkable that he's holding his own in the centre of midfield at just 19), but his energy level and decision-making have been in decline for the past few weeks, he's still creative in his shorter passing, but he tries way too many diagonal cross-field passes that are some 10 metres short of his intended target that results in direct turnovers - I don't mind him taking a risk every now and then, but he tries way too many - and most of them are ineffective.

On a much happier note, it was perhaps our best attacking performance of the season, our passing was crisp and could easily have scored 6,7 goals today. Ronaldo and Rooney were amazing, and especially Ronaldo's creativity and passing - he gets perfect weight on his passes more often than not and this area of his game is under-rated. I still have problems with Giggsy starting on the left, he makes a lot of mistakes on the wing these days. I think he's more effective in the central midfield these days as he have slowed but still have good vision.

Carrick was masterful as well. Tevez I think we can put back on the bench against. Scored a sitter, missed a sitter, had a couple of good one-twos with Rooney, but in too much of a Rambo mode through out (though his tracking back is world-class for a striker). Too bad Fletcher is out, otherwise I would put out the formation we played aginst Arsenal in the FA cup out there against Roma...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #786 on: March 30, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
Great performance yesterday. Ronaldo again doing incredibly well and Rooney should deserve the plaudits as well. Glad that Tevez scored, I could sense he was being frustrated at not scoring in a while. Shame about Fletcher and Nani is out for 2 weeks or so as well, I understand. Still, I have great confidence going to play Roma this week.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #787 on: April 07, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Manchester United

A minor setback is all! Though I'm strongly getting a sense of deja vu. A loss in the match after the 1st leg of the CL quarter-final, 3 points clear of Chelsea (4 if you count the vastly superior goal difference), tough away fixtures (including an away game to Chelsea) and Ferdinand and Vidic injured. It's just like last year! And I suspect the same result will follow :D

Middlesbrough are always a bogey club for us. Though if I was a Middlesborough fan I'd honestly feel cheated. No other club has taken more points off the top 4, and yesterday's performance was full of spirited, attacking football. So why can't they play like that every week and not just against the top 4? They'd certainly be in a much better position than where they currently are now. Middlesbrough fans are among the most 'plastic' I feel. Only showing up against the big clubs, and never in home or away matches where there are empty seats aplenty.

And despite the papers saying we have had an injury free season, I beg to differ. Saha, Silvestre, Park, Rooney, Scholes, Neville, Solskjaer and Foster are among some of our casalties this year.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #788 on: April 09, 2008, 12:49:49 AM »
Peuuh .... i was rooting for Arsenal  :thumbdown:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #789 on: April 10, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
Manchester Utd 1 - 0 Roma (Man Utd win 3-0 on aggregate)

Who says we're nothing without Ronaldo? :D Best ever performance from Hargreaves. And we attacked well without Rooney and Ronaldo. That penalty could have made a bit of difference though :o

Now say it with me people. Man Utd vs Barcelona :drool: :drool: Can. Not. Wait.

Not all that surprising to see Liverpool get a soft penalty. Shame really cause the run by Walcott from the halfway point to the penalty area was quite sublime. Oh well, will make it easier when we play them or Chelsea in the final :o I'm getting excited now, it may just be our year.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #790 on: April 13, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »
Bah, out of the title race. Really disappointing, considering how well we were doing on the first half of the season. It's all about consistency, I guess.

Brilliant free kick from Hargreaves, though.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #791 on: April 13, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »
[size=8]WOOHOO!![/size]

Sorry boykun :( It was a great match to be fair, Arsenal played really well in the 1st half and had those crazy Ferdinand and Brown misplaced shots had gone in, it could have been a very different game.  Although I will say that Adebayor's crazy handball goal shouldn't have been allowed, but that's just me being picky. I felt we played much better with Tevez and Anderson on.

I concur, brilliant free kick.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #792 on: April 16, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »
Great free-kick!  O0
The Arsenal goal was fairly dodgy, though it took VDS a few great saves to let the score remain at 2-1 (especially that wes brown deflection). Hargreaves was good throughout...Scholesy wasn't.  :'(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #793 on: April 16, 2008, 03:37:37 PM »
Avram Grant is likely to keep his position next season with apparently £100 mil to burn during the summer on transfer targets

The most hilarious are the 3 targets. Ribery, Messi and Kaka.  :lol: What on earth would persuade the likes of Messi to join Chelsea?  Talk about career suicide. Of course this may be all tabloid specualation, but sounds like Chelsea, or rather, Abramovic doesn't it? Also heard that reportedly 10 players will leave Chelsea, including Drogba, Shevchenko (best. buy. ever), Sidwell (another great buy), Kalou and some others. Don't know why Sidwell would though, seems to me like he left to join Chelsea for the money and he's getting it anyway despite not playing or even being on the bench at times.

And according to the Sun, Ronaldo is 'sick and tired' of having to repeat the fact that he's perfectly happy at United. And why wouldn't he be? One of the biggest clubs in the world, winning medals and having the best season of his life. Even the Real Madrid president admits it is impossible to sign Ronaldo.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #794 on: April 18, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »
Quote from: Fernando Torres
"I watch Ronaldo every weekend and he is massively impressive. He carries United on his back in some matches. Barca have no idea how spectacular Ronaldo is or how far ahead of every other player in the world he is right now.But if they keep the ball away from him Barca will get to the Champions League final. "

Pot. Kettle. Black. Fernando mate, don't you think that teams have had this idea all along when playing against us? The strength with our team however is if you single out one attacking player, another will have to space to do what they wish i.e. Rooney or Tevez. Torres obviously knows all about how to make United suffer with his experience gained from the two defeats his team have had against them this season...

Reportedly, Ronaldinho is set to move to AC Milan on a £200,000 a week salary :o Kinda adds fuel to the fire of Chelsea signing Kaka cause really AC Milan probably need the money. They may not even make it to Champions League next year and thus not produce the same level of income as normal. And people also say Kaka doesn't want to be with a club that could play in UEFA cup football next season.

Hope he doesn't go though. Would destroy his talent to play for Chelsea and I understand he loves AC Milan. Would be a shame.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #795 on: April 26, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »
Chelsea 2 - 1 Man Utd - Chelsea are joint first but Utd have greater goal difference

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Someone needs a kick up the Ballacks me thinks. Bit worried about our form at the minute...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #796 on: April 29, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »
Manchester Utd 1 - 0 Barcelona : MAN UTD ARE GOING TO MOSCOW!!

Bring on Liverpool or Chelsea! I don't care anymore! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #797 on: April 30, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »
PARK IS 1337 !!

even if i was rooting for Barca  :thumbdown:

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #798 on: April 30, 2008, 01:15:16 AM »
Wel, we're boned either way now...I still have confidence we can beat Chelsea, after all we did have to score for them in the last leg...If we do get through though I can't see us beating United in the final, still the cash we'd get for even getting to the final certainly wouldn't go amiss.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #799 on: May 03, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
Manchester Utd 4 - 1 West Ham - One hand on the trophy...

Come on guys, just one more game left. I don't care what anyone says, Newcastle are in a good run of form at the moment so I doubt it will be as easy for Chelsea as people make it out to be.

Great performance allround today, Ronaldo hitting 30+ leage goals this season. Stunning goal return for someone who's officially a winger. It would be a  travesty if he didn't win World Player of the Year this year. Stunning strike from Tevez that even the Hammers supporters applauded, though you could see today that Tevez feels strongly for West Ham and it's supporters. A nice touch.

The downside would simply have to be one person. Nani. Fergie summed it up best, immaturity. Lucas Neil did instigate the confrontation by nipping Nani on the leg, and a shame he didn't get repramanded, but I won't sugarcoat it, it was just wrong, wrong, wrong for Nani to retailate by giving him a Glasgow kiss and then fall to the ground like he was the one who got hurt. It's just a relief that we were already winning the match comfortably by that point, otherwise who knows what may have happened. Reminded me of the pathetic clashing of heads between Drogba and Lehmann (though not nearly as funny)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 05:39:52 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Tell Me