JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Shibafu feat. Shuntarou Tanikawa

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246731 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1520 on: May 16, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »
King Kenny has been given the sack. Appears Roberto Martinez is the favourite as the successor, but apparently some bookies have stopped taking money on bets that Rafa Benitez could make a comeback.

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1521 on: May 18, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
talked to several liv fans, they seem to favor a comeback for ol rafa as well. maybe trying to relive the majestic istanbul miracle.

Offline alffonso

• ecchi
« Reply #1522 on: May 18, 2012, 06:09:54 PM »
Champions league final tomorrow, can't wait! I'm betting on Bayern München.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1523 on: May 19, 2012, 12:20:26 AM »
Euro 2012 Fantasy: http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/

Join the JPHIP league. Code is 72021-16850

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1524 on: May 19, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »
CL Final viewing party in IRC. BE THERE.

Also:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1525 on: May 20, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »

congrtas Drogba for winning the champions

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1526 on: May 20, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »
Keane and Scholes, in suits, stayed in the stands directly after the FT whistle in the 99 CL Final. Terry runs out onto the pitch wearing a kit.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1527 on: May 20, 2012, 02:15:25 AM »
Spurs aren't in the CL next year, meaning no (serious) monies, no Modric or Bale next season, and god knows what else..

This is all Robben's fault.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1528 on: May 20, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

Did you do this, Tuffty? :rofl:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1529 on: May 20, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
I wish I had!! :lol:

I wonder how Abrahmovic feels knowing his team won the CL with anti-football rather than the free flowing attacking football he seems to have wanted out of Chelsea since, well, forever.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1530 on: May 21, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »
GREAT man!

JOINED!!! Best believe my Marchisio will run circles around you AMP! http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/entry/84424/history/

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #1531 on: May 22, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
I wish I had!! :lol:

I wonder how Abrahmovic feels knowing his team won the CL with anti-football rather than the free flowing attacking football he seems to have wanted out of Chelsea since, well, forever.

In football, you have to adapt to circumstances. So if playing defensive works, then why not do so?

There is no such thing as "anti-football"; ultimately you play to win the match, not to impress the fans with the style of play.

I won't let anyone detract from Chelsea's win by saying they didn't play football. Chelsea only created 1 corner opportunity and they capitalised on it. A similar thing happened in the matches against Barcelona, I think in the Stamford Bridge one the Blues had only one shot on goal and they capitalised on it.

And that speaks volumes about the skills of our strikers and how they play under pressure, unlike Bayern who were at their home ground and didn't want to disappoint their fans.

Sometimes morale & determination overwhelms style, and that's exactly what happened. An 88th minute equaliser is hard to come by, and while Neuer is one of the best goalies in the world at the moment, Cech was equally fantastic and in form.

Also, Abramovich has wanted the UCL trophy since forever, so he can't really be complaining except for how long it took to get there.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1532 on: May 22, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
^While I like to moan about my Spurs, Chelsea did win where Bayern couldn't. It's also nice that Barcelona, United, Bayern, or another club with previous success didn't win the CL again. Keep it fresh!

NEW

Euro 2012 Predictor: http://en.euro2012predictor.uefa.com/UEFA/15794/clienthome.do

Join the JPHIP group: JPH!P / usachanpeace

They list some silly prediction stats, too :cokecat:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:54:50 PM by Amplifier »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1533 on: May 22, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
There is no such thing as "anti-football"; ultimately you play to win the match, not to impress the fans with the style of play.
not quite true, ask Bielsa about this lol he will die in his tactic even if that means losing a final 3-0... so yeah anti-football is basically everything that doesn't look like the style of play by Barca's during Pep's reign but hey i think Drogba deserved this trophy, he won it by himself

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1534 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:43 AM »
him and Cech, dont forget the man who guessed all penalties right, including the robben one in real time.

Offline Deaglezero

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1535 on: May 24, 2012, 10:28:03 AM »
^^I think you guys are forgetting ashley cole. right now everyone is calling him 'one of the best left-backs in the world' and with good reason.

blocked so many bayern attacks and ripped that awesome penalty into the net. and frank lampard was decent as always.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1536 on: May 27, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »

US - Brazil friendly on the 30th. I WANNA BELIEVE :usa:

^^^^Time is running out to sign up for the Euro 2012 Fantasy & Predictor

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1537 on: May 29, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
someone told me eden hazard is going to chelsea? hazard/scoring-torres/mata does look a formidable combination... heard arsenal's getting podolski too. man utd n city can stay idle, they've got enough quality to see off others. tho fergie might wanna add a few to match city's. dont know what liverpool can do.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1538 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
Hazard's agent got £6m off the deal. Says it all really. It's just... vile. Typical agent, and typical Chelski. So much for financial fair play eh UEFA? Why does he even pretend it's for footballing reasons when Chelski go and play like that in the CL final and by all accounts, don't even have a manager confirmed yet for stability? Strange business though, doesn't Mata and Hazard play in the same position? I can't imagine they'll force Mata out considering the impact he had last season.

Supposely we have a £12m bid for Kagawa in, which would be a good bit of business.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:46:50 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Deaglezero

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1539 on: May 31, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
someone told me eden hazard is going to chelsea? hazard/scoring-torres/mata does look a formidable combination... heard arsenal's getting podolski too. man utd n city can stay idle, they've got enough quality to see off others. tho fergie might wanna add a few to match city's. dont know what liverpool can do.

Yup Hazard's going to Chelsea unless he's trolling everyone with his tweet. Obviously, there are many man U/man city fans who are jealous 'cause he didn't move to their clubs. I heard we're signing Hulk as well from Porto, although I don't think it's that necessary that we do.

If we place Marin and Hazard on the wings and let Mata stay on the CAM role, with Torres up front and Lampard deeper back in midfield then we should be fine.

And lol Torres scored for Spain just today against South Korea, so things are looking up.

BTW, if Man U really wanted to stay on top then they should ask their honourable American owner Mr Glazer to dig deeper into his pockets. Chelsea FC is close to breaking even this year so financial fair play shouldn't be too much of an issue.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Shibafu feat. Shuntarou Tanikawa