JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 9mm Parabellum Bullet - Talking Machine

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246709 times)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2007, 02:48:16 PM »
^ Ronaldo is the only logical choice this year, Drogba's amazing at scoring goals but that's it. Ronaldo scores and set up countless goals. But since it's chosen by the premiership players, his constant diving might make his popularity dive as well.

I'm sure Ferguson is interested in Tevez, he has always loved the hardworking and tough tackling players. He doesn't usually sign stylish attacking players and i don't see Berbatov playing a part in United's way of play of fast counter attacking. Tevez is my choice, he's similar to Saha and he shoots better though his finishing is still questionable due to lack of chances.

AND the plot thickens. It seems like lady luck is still in doubt on who she should choose.

Newcastle 0-0 Chelsea

Newcastle had more chances to win but i'm sure they were glad that they grabbed a point off Chelsea. Chelsea on the other hand struggled to create chances but had the chance to win it if Joe Cole got his shot on target. Drogba was just meh.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #521 on: April 22, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »
Well thank God for that!! Once again, I love any situation that gives a 'FU' to the media. Papers today were saying 'Utd leave title race open', 'Chelsea go to reduce gap to 1 point', bullshit. Anything can happen at this stage, and I expect both teams to flounder at this stage. The post-match interview with Jose was hilarious. Apparently there are 2 new rules in football. One being you do not give penalties against Utd, second, you don't give penalties in favour of Chelsea. I would have been more worried about Chelsea's attacking play rather than a 'what-if' scenario.

Offline freakz

« Reply #522 on: April 22, 2007, 03:14:22 PM »
WTF 7-1????
what did Roma do then???? very crappy!!!!
i thought ROMA would lost only 1 or 2  goal!!!!!

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #523 on: April 23, 2007, 01:13:09 AM »
^ Wow you were just lagging by a few weeks lol XD

But still Man U need to get a result @ Stamford Bridge. It'll be hell if they need to face west ham who's fighting for relegation on their last match and needing a win.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline hellriser

• emo
  • Member+
« Reply #524 on: April 23, 2007, 04:35:13 AM »
chelsea draws with newcastle..wahahaha now man u just need to maintain  this to grab the title..all 3 hopefully..

Offline draco_brazil

• I am a crazy guy...
« Reply #525 on: April 23, 2007, 04:40:17 AM »
Ronaldinho is the best soccer player of the planet...

brazilian guy...
..:: D R A C O ::..

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #526 on: April 23, 2007, 11:25:34 AM »
Thank you Newcastle! The bad thing is now our entire starting backline is out, will Gary Neville be back in time? We need as many bodies as we can in the backline against Milan.

And Congras to Ronaldo, he truly deserved them for having the best season by an individual United player since the Roy Keane days.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #527 on: April 23, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »
RONALDO WINS THE DOUBLE!!

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year by the Professional Footballers' Association.

Deserved both. Drogba apparently isn't too happy, but who cares, best man did win.

Also, take a look at the PFA Premiership Team Of The Year:

GK: Edwin Van Der Sar
LB: Patrice Evra
CB: Rio Ferdinand
CB: Nemanja Vidic
RB: Gary Neville
LW: Ryan Giggs
CM: Paul Scholes

CM: Steven Gerrard
RW: Christiano Ronaldo
CF: Didier Drogba
CF: Dimitar Berbatov

Notice anything about it? That's right, 8 United players on the team! :D I thought it was a joke when my brother told me!

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2007, 01:25:30 AM »
This was voted during Christmas where Man Utd were storming up the table. Therefore 8 Utd players is logical. But if you look through the whole season, some like Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Neville don't really deserve to be up there.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2007, 06:04:36 AM »
Damn, no Gunners on there? lol. Oh well, looking back at the season, none of the players really deserve it or out due to injury. Props to Berbatov, though. He's seriously underrated. And congrats 8 Utd players, haha.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »
Manchester Utd 3 - 2 AC Milan

United can do it to you everytime. Responded to 2-1 down at half time with the perfect response. Showed real strength, determination and character to go out and win it. Rooney is a true genius. Although the score is slightly still in Milan's favour, we can even settle for a draw if it comes down to it. And after thinking about it, we're just 2 matches away from possibly winning the Champions League. And from tonight's performance, who's to say we can't?

Moaninho just hasn't stopped whinging since Kenyon said to the media is job is safe. 'Chelsea have played 27 matches in 4 months, Liverpool have played 4'. Just an ever so slight exaggeration there. And if the number of matches is bothering you, then simply don't progress through the tournaments. And he also said he wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool try and get several key players booked, thus missing the 2nd leg. But Benitez came back with the perfect response saying "It had not crossed my mind, but maybe it has Mourinho's because that is what Chelsea did two seasons ago to Xabi Alonso."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:13:34 PM by Tuffty »

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2007, 01:40:16 AM »
Good spirit by Man Utd to come back from the dead. IMO it was never a case of who can defend better as Man Utd lacks too much 1st team defenders, and i was glad they managed to score 3 against Milan. Our offense will have to win the next game for us as well.

Quote from: ESPNsoccernet
Essien arrested on drink-driving charge
'He has been bailed to July pending inquiries.'

Wow, bailed just nicely to July so that he can take part till the season ends.  :rolleyes:

Offline Ching1670

• Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
  • Member+
« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2007, 07:27:13 AM »
I just finished watching the game, a hack of a game.
Dida was saving almost everything, this goal keeper is insane.

Wayen Rooney had a great game, include the go-ahead goal in 90 minute, all MU players played a full game.
The only problem is that CR7 was trying to dribble the ball too much in the 1st half, fortunately in the 2nd half, he was willing to pass the ball more, and MU played better with all the ball movement.

Good stuff.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »
Scholes lil thing there that lead to the 2 - 2 goal was pretty freaking awsome.
[/url]

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
And Kaka is a fucking awesome player

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »
^ The Scholes chip was pretty fucking sweet and Kaka is a fucking awesome player. I'm a Utd supporter, but I have no problem saying Kaka was the best player on the pitch last night. Seems that gives fuel to anti-Utd supporters though, saying that Ronaldo was shit in comparison. Jeez, let it be. He's not going to put in PFA award winning performances every night, and last night's performance was good. Everytime he got the ball, 2 Milan players were around him. That's not an excuse for his sub-due performance last night, but by doing this, he took one for the team and used the space to pass the ball to Giggs or Fletcher. So there's my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:54:23 PM by Tuffty »

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »
Great Solo goal by Rooney at the end, I was fearing the worst after a relatively disappointing first half. Ronaldo didn't really look himself in the second half, give some credit to him though, he did carry us for most of the season and must be getting tired.

On the other hand I was really impressed with Carrick and Fletcher in the second half, Fletcher was everywhere, giving a lot of help to O'Shea while Carrick was throwing first time 50 yard long balls straight to the feet of Rooney and Ronaldo (though he did miss that sitter in the first half). Schole's assist was magic, but in general play, he was keep pretty quiet though.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2007, 09:49:47 PM »
Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool

Yawn. How boring. I gave up watching soon after the start of the 2nd half and watched the Apprentice instead.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »
I wish I'd had the sense to do the same. We had a good spell for about 15 minutes and the nwere back to shite again, neither team impressed at all, Chelsea could have had it wrapped up 3-0 in the first half but they spurned their chances.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:32:20 PM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2007, 04:48:32 AM »
You know a lot of people stupify me when Ronaldo was chosen as the PFA player of the year. A lot of people were saying why did he win he's not as good as (insert name of player who is not in the Premiereship here).  Do people realize that the award is for Premiership players?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 9mm Parabellum Bullet - Talking Machine