JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ovum - Zero

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246700 times)

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #580 on: May 07, 2007, 06:52:44 PM »
Well congratulations to United, I think we all knew it was over when Chelsea drew on the same day as them really. Although United have has a few lucky results this season there isn't a team who hasn't so you can't really argue, though it would have been nice for the end of the season to be a bit more dramatic. Ronaldo has deserved all the praise he's got this season and Giggs has been superb as well. The only flaw that seemed clear to me in the team this year was Vidic: great in the air, but if someone runs at him with the ball he doesn't seem to know what to do.

Congratulations to them.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #581 on: May 08, 2007, 03:24:32 AM »
Vidic does struggle against players with extreme pace and acceleration like Bellamy, but luckily, there's only a handful of them the premiership. Vassel and Mpenza (probably due to their team's severe lack of form and lack of quality midfielders) are meant to be pacy, but barely troubled us. I would rather have Vidic in the side than without him any day of the week.

And it'll be interesting to see what we do with Pique and Evans, Pique had been outstanding in Spain and more likely than not, he will not be back. Evans had been very good for sunderland, and he's a pacy, classier version of O'Shea and could easily slot into defensive midfield and Fletcher is forming a great combination with Carrick. Foster had another outstanding game for Watford, Lee Martin is often injured but should be a lot better than Richardson if he reaches his potential. Depending on whether the oldies trio of Giggs, Scholes and Van Der Sar will keep playing or not, if not, I want these guys to have a first crack at first team rather spending Millions on players that are worse or of equal skills.

Though we really do need an extra striker to take the work load off Rooney (when's the last time he've taken a break?)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #582 on: May 09, 2007, 01:33:08 PM »
So if we put all the newspaper transfer rumours together, we'll be signing:

- Berbatov
- Eto
- Nani
- Hargreaves
- Owen
- Richards
- Bale
- Huntelaar
- Ribery
- Babel

Someone's gotta be right XD

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
« Reply #583 on: May 09, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
So if we put all the newspaper transfer rumours together, we'll be signing:

- Berbatov
- Eto
- Nani
- Hargreaves
- Owen
- Richards
- Bale
- Huntelaar
- Ribery
- Babel

Someone's gotta be right XD

hope we gonna sign hargreaves and berbatov/eto

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #584 on: May 09, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »
Just finish watching the match between Chelsea and United, it was a good game to let our younger guys have a run. Dong made his debut and showed glimpses of his change of pace and has a eye for goal, but clearly struggled in the out-and-out striker role (though the lack of service didn't help), hopefully he'll get more experience. Realistically, he's more suited to the attacking midfielder role as backup to Ronaldo and Giggs.

Eagles played pretty well, I thought, he has this off-balanced dribbling style that glides him past defenders (as opposed to Ronaldo who simply spilts them with skill and Rooney with acceleration and power), a bit like Le Tessier? But his decision-making is questionable and his final ball was quite horrible.

Richardson actually had a decent game when his started in the central attacking midfielder role. Again, I was quite impressed by Fletcher, it seems that he had finally shrugged off the pressures of being tagged as the next 'Giggs' ever since he was 17 and find a way to play within his limitations. His short passing was crisp, his decisions were good and his determination and stamina excellent. As seen in the games against Milan and Roma, I can actually see Carrick and Fletcher working really well together.

Kieran Lee was solid, but at just 18 and without much experience, he didn't have the energy to provide support on the flanks. Kruczak made a few good saves, but was caught in no-man's land on more than a few set-pieces and we were very lucky to keep a clean sheet.

As for new signings, I want Nani and Richards and maybe Babel and/or Huntelaar. I'm actually not that keen on Hargreaves but he will be over-priced and unless Giggs Scholes retires, we have a lot of people in central midfield. I've watched a few matches that Bale played in and he really doesn't seem that special to me (he has a nice left-foot but his defending is not that great). I would stay away from Berbatov, we saw what happened to Carrick in terms of transfer fee and though he's a good player, isn't worth that kind of money. Hopefully Chelsea buys him for 20 million pounds and he fights with Shevchenko for a spot (on the bench).

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #585 on: May 10, 2007, 01:16:43 AM »
Well the main transfer talks over at Liverpool that have caught my eye are Eto'o, Owen and Simao. Eto'o would obviously be a welcome addition, having the cash to play for such players now is certainly a good feeling. However, we may get him thanks to a cheap get-out clause but I would never want Micheal Owen back at Liverpool. Obviously he's a fantastic striker who's sure to get you goals, but his injury problems are a worry and he's already shown he isn't exactly the most loyal player in the world. Apparantly Benfica will negotiate for Simao if Cisse is included in the deal, although I wouldn't be aginast giving Cisse a second chance I'm sure Rafa is, therefore it seems like that'll be a good deal to offload him and bring in a top quality player.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #586 on: May 10, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »
Guess Eto'o is out:

Quote from: Football 365
FORTY MILLION REASON WHY ETO'O DEAL IS UNLIKELY
'Manchester United have inquired about the availability of Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o - but have been put off by the £40m transfer fee they were quoted,' is the headline-grabbing back-page revelation of The Independent.

Just a day after the newspaper reported that Michael Owen 'will be the first target for Sir Alex Ferguson this summer', it now reckons that ManYoo chief executive David Gill made an approach to Barca last month over the striker.

But the complications don't just end with a hefty transfer fee. Apparently, 'Eto'o is unsure whether he really wants to leave Barça and come to the Premiership' and has 'recently sacked his long-standing lawyer, Jose Maria Mesalles, who also acts as his agent, and is himself conducting negotiations over his future'.

I thought we did fine against Chelsea, seeing as we fielded a team who had little to no Premiership experience, and have probably never played together before.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:09:47 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #587 on: May 11, 2007, 02:24:19 PM »
Lawrie NOOOOOO!!

Damn, I was hoping he would stay on. I hope we get a qualified manager soon. Not looking for big names, just someone capable who can, at least, finish off Lawrie's job and take us through to the Euro championship.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #588 on: May 11, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »
Shocking, though why they got rid of Coleman inthe first place I just don't know.

Offline schol3s

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
To ALL ManU fans out there....

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
another 20 minutes for the last game of EPL... :)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #591 on: May 13, 2007, 01:56:44 PM »
To ALL ManU fans out there....

Awww look at the last shot :D

Thanks for the wallpapers !!

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #592 on: May 13, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »
Manchester United 0 - 1 West Ham

Ah well, can't win them all. The disappointment of losing a match was quickly forgotten when Neville and Giggs got their hands on the trophy. Hilarious to see Richardson kiss the trophy, it was just so wrong. :D

But that's the Premiership over!! What will I do?! How will I cope?! Sure there's the FA Cup Final and the Champions League Final, but then what? I guess there's Euro qualifing matches still to play. N.Ireland will hopefully get through, and watching England struggle is always hilarious.

Offline schol3s

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2007, 03:11:03 PM »
another to add to your collection....

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #594 on: May 15, 2007, 10:34:32 PM »
Derby 2 - 3 Southampton (4-4 on aggregate - Derby win 4-2 on penalties)

This is why I love watching playoffs. For the fans it must be hell, but the high stakes of the game ensure it will be a cracking game. And it sure lived up to the expectation. Derby fans were going mental like they won the Champions League :D Seeing the interview with the manager and the players made me like the team, I would like to see them through to the Premiership. But they have to get through West Brom or Wolves at Wembley first. West Brom won the 1st leg 2-3 away, so I'd favour them to go through to Wembley also.

Also, what did you guys think of 'Manic Monday'? Paul Jewell resigned, his assistant (sorry, can't remember his name) took his place, and Stewart Pearce got the sack! And Sheffield Utd have called a press conference tomorrow morning, could Warnock be going too?!  :o

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #595 on: May 15, 2007, 11:06:30 PM »
^ Well I think Warnock may be on his way out since the board said that if he wasn't promted last year he was getting the sack...as for Jewell and Pearce I'm not too bothered. Pearece was a bit shit in the end really and apparantly Jewell is oing for the Newcastle job which I can understand with the extra cash available.

I hope Derby get promotion as it'll be good to welcome them back seeing as the others have all been in the Premiership very recently, though it was funny to watch one Derby fan throw a table across the bar.

PS: No-one set up a birthday thread for me, you cunts.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2007, 02:30:58 AM »
^ HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOKIE MONSTER ;D

Back to footbal xD

^ I thought Big Sam already landed the Newcastle job? Jewell doesn't have what it takes to motivate his players, he's still too inexperienced.

Warnock did a fairly good job, the crazy thing is no 1 expected them to go down at all. So i guessed the players & manager took the game too lightly.

Stuart oh Stuart, he reminds me of SGE.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #597 on: May 16, 2007, 03:49:43 AM »
Oh I am a fool boy....I'm getting my stories mixed up. Yeah it was Fat Sam linked with Newcastle...something I was talking about not long ago so I got muddled up, sorry. Yeah Man City is apparantly who Jewell is linked with, I'm guessing Pearce will stick with his U21 job and maybe jsut leave it at that.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »
Happy Birthday Cookie Monster!!

Oh man, who needs football!? Warnock has left Sheffield Utd, Joey Barton has been arrested after his assault with Ousmane Dabo, but that's not the best and weirdest piece of news, as Mourinho has been arrested and then cautioned over an argument with the police over his pet dog! :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #599 on: May 19, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »
To get you all pumped up before the match kicks off, here's a video of Utd players celebrating after winning the Premiership by singing Utd songs in a pub :D :

There was another video I saw after they won the Premiership, in the changing rooms. It was hilarious, and not because of Ferdinand pouring champagne everywhere, not because of Richardson unexpectantly getting soaked in the face, no it's all because of Park, who screams like a little girl when he's getting champagne poured over him :lol: Have to find that again.

Anyway:

[size=8]COME ON YOU REDS!![/size]

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ovum - Zero