JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Coltemonikha - Namaiki

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246720 times)

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #620 on: May 26, 2007, 05:58:28 PM »
Well the less said about the CL the better, I'll just say I'm not too aggreived seeing as AC were the better team when we won 2 years ago, so I guess it's karma.

I guess that means that the next few months of football is going to be....terrible. I gave up following international football pretty much about a year ago as England are goddam awful. The only team I get any real joy form watching is Japan (for obvious reasons), they're more interesting to watch at least....shame they're pretty rubbish really.

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
« Reply #621 on: May 27, 2007, 03:47:57 AM »
Steve McClown has put David Beckham back into the England squad :roll:
hahahah... yeah... why he put becks back??? but gladly... he call joe cole again..... that's the good point  ;D

Offline schol3s

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #622 on: May 27, 2007, 07:58:18 AM »
oh yeah... Smith score on his return for England... WOOW!!!!

Offline lifemuslim92

• bloody hell!!
« Reply #623 on: May 28, 2007, 04:50:27 PM »
i cant wait to see France Vs Ukraine Euro Qualifying and Friendly match England vs Brazil....
which teams will win on these matches?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #624 on: May 28, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »
Derby 1 - 0 West Brom

So there we go, the last 'serious' match of the season and Derby are now in the Premiership. Was an ok game. Although miles better than the FA Cup Final.

I say France and definately Brazil. Can you really see the current England team beating the likes of Kaka? I just don't see it. You can have the whole team full of David Beckhams and they still wouldn't win.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #625 on: May 29, 2007, 01:35:53 AM »
Brazil will have tired legs as most of their starters are from Serie A which just ended last week and Spanish league which is still going on.

I'm gonna go for a draw ;D

Congrats to Derby for making it to the premiership, i wanted to see Philips return to premiership though XD

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
According to the news, Berbatov looks set to extend his contract with Spurs. I knew it was never gonna happen anyway. Joining a club for a year, doing really well for them and then leave so soon? Anyway, apparently Fergie is now interested in Huntelaar, who's scored 60 goals in 74 appearances for Ajax and also in his replacement for former cllub Heerenveen, Alfonso Alves, who's scored 34 goals in 31 games, with 5 hat-tricks. Not bad. Oh, and Reo-Coker is fending off talks from Spurs in the hope that we will sign him for £9mil. Not worth it.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #627 on: May 29, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
I actually really like that Afonso Alves guy, but the catch is there he's a Brazilian, and without any international caps, so it'll be hard getting a work permit for him (like Dong before).

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #628 on: May 31, 2007, 03:11:20 AM »
Manchester United have agreed deals to sign Sporting Lisbon's Nani and Porto starlet Anderson!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #629 on: May 31, 2007, 08:23:57 AM »
^ Yay! I've never actually heard of this Anderson guy before today, although apparently he is the bee's knees. I'll have to look up more info about him. And Nani is hailed as 'the new C.Ronaldo'. I'm not one for overhype, but the both of them appear to be promising players. So with Hargreaves and the two new midfielders, our transfer costs are sitting around £50mil :o I still won't really be happy until we get a striker though, but apparently Fergie is still interested in one.

Actually, I'll tell you what, if you want a striker, you could do no worse than getting David Healey for a supposed £1m. Fulham are apparently interested in him, and that's because Lawrie Sanchez, former manager of N.Ireland, knows just how good this guy is at scoring goals. For N.Ireland he's scored 29 goals in 56 games, and I have no doubt he could do the same for a better club (and from Leeds, it wouldn't be hard). People say that he hasn't been consistent for Leeds, and that is true, but a player is only as good as those around him. Leeds are a rubbish club, we're not. With the support we have, Healey would definately score us goals. I think it would be a super signing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:09:34 AM by Tuffty »

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2007, 02:15:32 AM »
Hmmm, about David Healy...I'm not entirely sure that when he left us on good terms though.
(Some people just doesn't want to go back to their old clubs)
But it'll be an interesting signing, at least as insurance.

My guess it's that, there's a good chance that we'll play Ronaldo more as a striker next year...
or to do without an orthodox striker all together. With these signings, it suggest to me that
Fergie may four 'floaters' in the attacking third, similar to the Brazilian traditional setup? So
instread of launching long balls, we may play a lot more short passing and have the likes of
Nani, Rooney, Ronaldo and Anderson (if he gets his work permit) inter-changing and running
defences rugged. Persuming Hargreaves will most likely take over from Scholes - that would
leave us the likes of Giggs, Park, Dong, Rossi and Scholes backing up the quartet and have
O'shea and Fletcher covering for Carrick and Hargreaves. And of course Smith.

Not bad, in my opinion  XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »
^ lol not bad at all!

According to the press, we've already made enquiries on a £8mil Nicholas Anelka. Don't know how I feel about 'Le Sulk' though. Oh, and the FA are probing our deal with Anderson, but that's only because they don't want another Tevez scenario. I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline schol3s

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #632 on: June 01, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »
i don't understand...
WHY ANELKA!!! i never want to see him in a ManU shirt....

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #633 on: June 02, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »
Anyone catch the friendly? lol. England was the better team during the second half but they were slacking off the last minute.

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #634 on: June 03, 2007, 01:46:26 AM »
Anyone catch the friendly? lol. England was the better team during the second half but they were slacking off the last minute.

Yeah, I saw it. England were probably the better team of the 90 minutes, but not by much, so a draw was about right. Beckham was good though, making McLaren look pretty stupid for not using him since he became manager.

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2007, 03:35:57 AM »
yeah... terry score for england match againts brazil... nice goal from nice assist............ and anyway.. claudio pizzaro has been confirmed to move to chelsea for next season......  :D

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #636 on: June 03, 2007, 04:00:40 AM »
Beckham was good though, making McLaren look pretty stupid for not using him since he became manager.

McLaren picked Beckham for the match because of his current form with Real Madrid. He said something along the lines of "I'd be stupid not to notice."

yeah... terry score for england match againts brazil... nice goal from nice assist............ and anyway.. claudio pizzaro has been confirmed to move to chelsea for next season......  :D

Wow, a big name signing for Chelski. What else is new?

Talking about transfers, I'm pretty frustrated at the rate Liverpool are going. The only signings so far are just 3 so called "promising" youngsters. Where are the Premiership-challenging ones?? Man U has made 3 great signings just like that...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 04:04:27 AM by huggumwuggums »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #637 on: June 03, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »
Beckham was the best player on the pitch, no doubt about it. You do have to applaud him to come back at all, but then you remember he's moving to LA Galaxy, and then any positive opinion of him suddenly drops. You have to laugh when Fat Frank gets booed. As anyone who's seen England over the past couple of years know, Gerrard/Fat Frank do not work together. So Pizarro is joining Chelski? Seems to be a good player, I wonder how he will perform. But here's another bit of interesting news for Utd fans, Saviola has confrimed he is leaving Barca this summer when his contract expires, and guess where he wants to go?

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #638 on: June 03, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
Saviola as well? Damn.

Offline Ruffy

• JPH!P Ladylover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #639 on: June 03, 2007, 03:26:19 PM »
did anyone see the denmark - sweden game? first sweden led 3-0. then denmark cought up to 3-3. then sweden was given a penalty after poulsen punched rosenberg. a guy from the crowd stormed the field and attacked the ref so they aboarted the game and gave sweden a 3-0 victory..totally chaotic..but entertaing until the guy stormed the field. would had been more fun if sweden had scored on the penalty or something so it was decided on real terms and not because som dick decides to go berserk..

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Coltemonikha - Namaiki