JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asako Toki - City Lights

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246677 times)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #920 on: May 06, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »
you have to admit the ref sucked though. argue about that last handball, but he let 2 other clear handballs go by. and the red on abidal was bullshit (see i can be unbiased).

chelsea wasnt professional with ref at all (lol i was actually like :o @ ballack), i admit, but theyre pissed. not excusing it, just saying i understand it. barca played like shit anyway, which was a shame after that brilliant stomping they gave to RM this past weekend.

i need some cheering up now that my lads arent going to rome

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #921 on: May 06, 2009, 11:54:06 PM »
Lol drogba.

Surely there was moment where the ref was checking out some chick in the audience or merely forgot the rules. Can't blame the loss (tie) on him however. Chelsea slipped up. Barca took advantage. They had 0 shots on goal before they scored. But 1 was enough.

In a way I'm happy. I'm tired of the downtalk about United. They'll claim the league for the 3rd time in a row. They're on their way to winning their 2nd CL in a row. Still people are all like "omg, barca is the best club team." Well yeah, now we'll see if they can beat the what's really the best club team of this millennium.

Finally the hype will calm and people will stfu about nonsense.

[/url]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2009, 12:23:34 AM »
tenkei: Guess I should probably be objective in hindsight. After all, a poor referee decision has lead to Darren Fletcher getting an ill-deserved red card and missing the CL final. And to be fair, it was a poor performance from the ref and I can understand a player's frustration, even I as a spectator, can feel it. But it doesn't justify being physically and verbally threatened. Remember the last time a ref looked over a Chelsea/Barca match? The ref quit for good because of the death threats sent by fans. Not good nights to be a CL ref.

I don't think Barca played that badly really. 268 completed passes in the first 40 mins?! :o But Chelsea did seem to hold their nerve for long spells of the game and credit to them again for keeping them out of contention for long spells. You write Barcelona off at your peril, cause as evidenced, by Essien and by Iniesta, one player's moment of genius (I could watch that Essien volley again and again) can change the course of a game.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2009, 02:48:31 AM »
those two penalty... damm Barca was so much fail during the game but it ended almost like it started, i mean chelsea´s goal was pure luck, the same with barca's goal; nothing genius with that.

BUT THE FUCK the game was fucking amazing, i usually never watch the whole game but this time i did... everything change in a fucking instant, that's why i love this game.

oh but i'm so pissed that i never really make a bet about my prediction

ps: Barca will miss a few key players for the next match so imo that final will be the hottest game of the year (lol champions league is much more amusing that the world cup)

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2009, 02:58:18 AM »
Great goals by both sides, but there was a bit of luck on both too. Iniesta's goal could have totally been prevented if Essien didn't miss kick that clearance, lol.

Chelsea held out pretty good with their defense but they should have gone for that cushion with a second goal. Seemed like they took it way easy on stoppage time. You really cant write off a team like Barca, even at the very end.
I guess I'm satisfied. I was looking towards a United vs. Barca final.

I was wondering why Henry wasn't playing. Will he miss the final game too? or was Barca so confident to win that they rested him for the final.

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2009, 05:09:55 AM »
so who's ur pick to win the final Man U or Barca?

It's a tough one to choose, Messi vs Ronaldo ^^

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »
United is a team that revolves around player roles unlike Barca that focuses on players. Barcas O is at times spotless, but Uniteds D and hard work is unmatched by any other team. As I see it there are two possibilities of United losing. One, Barca scores early, United cant get their O going. Two, United scores early goes into D mode (like Chelsea) but gets overwhelmed and someone slips up, resulting in a goal in the back or two. Fletcher is important, having him gone sucks. As for Barca Abidal wont play, however Poyol is back. Park impressed against Arsenal, nobody works as hard as him.

To sum it up. As long as United plays like they did against Arsenal with tons of players helping in the back, getting their passing game on and are able to finish (which they usually do), there's no chance Barca can take this.
[/url]

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »
Barca will have a chance if Messi is on fire but i also seriously doubt about Man.U taking this in 90 minutes... i just hope it ends before penalties because i hate that, is all on the luck (better use the coin and decide)

the major menace for barca is not the team itself but the puppetmaster behind... dammit, Sir Ferguson is one of the greatest ever unlike the other one that can't even decide on making changes after that lucky goal (he should'nt imo)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2009, 08:36:49 PM »
Park impressed against Arsenal, nobody works as hard as him.

Fergie has come out now and said that Park's one of the most under-rated players in the game and to quote, "He won't be disappointed this year". So count him in as part of the first team already. It's true though. While not technically the most skillful player around, you just can't question his work ethic.

I would say it would be more likely that we could lose the game if Barcelona score first and we can't build the tempo rather than being complacent. This isn't Utd v Hull, this is CL Final we're talking about. If anyone slacks, Fergie will surely go through them. However, there's been occassions this season where we've gone down and still managed to come back and win it, most notably against Tottenham. 2-0 down at half-time, 5-2 at full-time. Of course that's not to suggest Barca are anything like Tottenham, the poor man's Arsenal :lol:

The danger is Messi. He doesn't posses the capacity of Ronaldo to turn a match with a single lash of the boot but he should not be under-estimated or under-appreciated just because he was muted by the mass of Chelsea or overshadowed this week by Ronaldo's silky skills.

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #929 on: May 08, 2009, 05:15:39 AM »
The final could be very similar to the 2nd leg semi last year with Man U and Barca?

The English teams are fairing pretty well in the CL now, thats 6 teams from England in the past 5 CL finals ^^

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #930 on: May 08, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »
^ I wouldn't think so. Remember last year involved us playing in 2 legs, Utd in particular playing cautiously in the Nou Camp so as not to concede any goals. This year, it's a neutral ground and only one match with the trophy to play for.

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #931 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »
What are the chances of my team (Newcastle United) staying up ^^

I think if we win on Monday we might just survive, lose or draw and that is it, we are going to the championship ^^

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #932 on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:36 PM »
Damn, took a beating from Chelsea. Wenger needs to fix that back four.

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #933 on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
Damn, took a beating from Chelsea. Wenger needs to fix that back four.

Add the midfielders in there as well, none of them ever tracked back ^^

Offline champloofan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #934 on: May 15, 2009, 04:22:58 AM »

:lol:
be all you can be

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #935 on: May 15, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »
^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shame to see the Tevez affair is getting more headlines than Utd potentially winning the Premiership title tomorrow against Arsenal. Love how Benitez is playing the 'what if' game now thinking what if Gerrard or Torres weren't injured when the fact is that Gerrard's played in around 30 league games, 80% of Liverpool's league games. Not a bad run I think. ...Deary me Rafa, your team scored 7 more goals, wow, we should hand over the trophy. Imagine if Rooney was fit for the whole season, and Ronaldo, and Anderson, and Ferdinand, oh and Vidic too, and Brown, and Neville, and Evra, all players who missed significant portions of the season not just a couple of weeks or a month. :roll:

In other transfer news, the transfer window could be another long and arduous one after learning Man City want Ronaldinho for £10m, Real Madrid want Ronaldo for £70m and Adebayor could move to Chelsea.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #936 on: May 27, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »
Fuck, I am never wearing my Utd shirt again! We always play bad when I wear it :lol:

Think it's fair to say that, on the night, we were just not good enough. I still think we have the strongest squad in the world, but tonight we were just beaten by a better team. Our passing wasn't crucial, our defense lacking and didn't create key opportunities. Shame cause the 1st half started so well.

Decent final though, fair play to Barcelona, gotta give them credit for what's been an amazing season for them. Imagine winning the treble as your first season as manager.

Offline champloofan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #937 on: May 28, 2009, 04:30:07 AM »
Good thing Barcelona won!  8)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:32:57 AM by champloofan »
be all you can be

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #938 on: May 28, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
WE ARE THE EFFIN' CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Guardiola's simply the best. He's the real champion of this year, I knew from the beginning he was going to take the Barça into shape again! And he's still hot damn!!!

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #939 on: June 11, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »
Man Utd have accepted a world record, unconditional offer of £80million for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Now I hope the money can be used to get Tevez on a permanent deal and buy a replacement for him

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asako Toki - City Lights