JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - I My Me Mine

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246786 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1120 on: May 18, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
Ribery is going to miss the CL final :sweatdrop:

But so may Balotelli :panic:

Unfortunately, Ballack is going to miss the WC with an injury :bleed eyes:

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #1121 on: May 19, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »
ewww to the french list for WC :/ ( no Benzema, Nasri, Ben Arfa .... )

Unfortunately, Ballack is going to miss the WC with an injury :bleed eyes:
... and decided to sue Boateng
irony ... I don't think Ballack is the most kindest player in the world <.<

kaboom ! :w00t:
BREAKING NEWS: OFFICIAL: Barcelona Sign David Villa From Valencia
The Catalans have secured the services of David Villa from Valencia...
By Stefan Coerts
May 19, 2010 12:00:00 PM

Reigning Spanish champions Barcelona have completed the transfer of prolific hitman David Villa from fellow La Liga outfit Valencia for a fee of €40 million. The striker has signed a four-year deal at his new club with an option to extend his stay for a further year.

The Spanish international had continually been linked with a move away from Valencia in the past couple of weeks and a transfer only appeared to be a matter of time when Barcelona president Joan Laporta confirmed earlier this week that negotiations between the Blaugrana and Los Che were ongoing.

The two parties have now reached an agreement over the transfer of the highly rated attacker, as Valencia confirmed on their official website on Wednesday, and Villa will ply his trade at Barcelona next term. The Spanish champions confirmed on their own website that Villa will travel to Barcelona on Thursday evening to undergo a medical, and will attend his official presentation at 13:30 CET on Friday.

Villa joined Valencia from Real Zaragoza in the summer of 2005 and has since developed into one of the best strikers around in the Primera Division. The 28-year-old has so far scored 109 league goals in 166 appearances.

The arrival of Villa could very well mean the end of Zlatan Ibrahimovic at the Catalan powerhouse. The former Inter star has failed to find his best form at Barcelona since joining the club last summer and has been linked with a move away from the Spanish champions more than once in the past couple of weeks.

Villa has been in superb form all season and currently sits sixth in the Castrol Rankings.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1122 on: May 19, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »
That's nuts. Barca could use replacements for Henry, Bojan. I bought Villa in my FCB Football Manager run, and he score 40 goals/season :shocked: Here's hoping for a repeat :thumbup

Barcelona could tempt Arsenal to let go of prized asset Cesc Fabregas by offering last summer's big money signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic in part-exchange.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/05/18/1930753/barcelona-striker-zlatan-ibrahimovic-to-be-offered-as-make :panic:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1123 on: May 19, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
Well that's my ideal next Man Utd player out the window :( Fergie apparently says he'd only ever break the bank for one player and that's Ronaldo. I think we need another striker. Could go for Suarez but I imagine being one of Europes top goal scorers this season has bumped his price tag up. Need someone in centre mid, cause Carrick, legend that he is, hasn't been turning it on for us lately.

Fabregas will go. I'm sure he's thinking 'wtf am I doing in Arsenal when Barca want me?!'

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1124 on: May 22, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
INTER 2 - 0 ROBBEN F.C.

that's all

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1125 on: May 22, 2010, 11:28:04 PM »
It's funny cause it's true.

So Mourinho's bound to be going for Real then. Thing is are they prepared to swallow some humble pie and concede that you can't win on attacking force alone and have to accept a more (much more in Real's case) defensive style of play? Are they willing to let their star man Ronaldo do more running back than usual?

So that's everything wrapped up then. Bring on the World Cup. Cannot wait for it.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1126 on: May 23, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »
Mourinho on Real Madrid... i can't imagine how many changes that team can have for next season with this crazy manager

Offline hide_toyotomi

• ecchi
« Reply #1127 on: May 23, 2010, 07:17:50 AM »
congrats for inter..

News Flash :
- Blackpool reached the Premier League with a 3-2 victory over Cardiff
- West Ham have made a bid to sign Thierry Henry in a move which would see the Frenchman become the highest-paid player in their history
- Jose Mourinho has revealed that leading Internazionale to Champions League glory is likely to be his last act as the club's manager.
- Arsenal have signed Morocco's 26-year-old striker Marouane Chamakh on a long-term contract from Girondins Bordeaux.
- Chelsea have entered into a bidding war with Manchester City for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1128 on: May 23, 2010, 12:50:36 PM »
So that's us, Chelsea and Man City all apparently interested in signing Miller with an estimated price tag of around £30 mil. £30 mil. Has the world gone mad?

There's no way Ibrahimovic is going though, despite all the paper talk. Barca are hardly unlikely to offer £40 mil plus Eto for him and then dispose of his services after one year. They're not Real or City! Also, where is all this money supposedly coming from?! £35 mil or so for Villa, £40 mil for Fabregas, £70 mil for Torres, £80 mil for Rooney! Papers talk so much crap XD

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1129 on: May 25, 2010, 01:39:16 AM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1130 on: May 27, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »
Mou to Real Madrid. It's over, Barcelona is finished.

In other news: WC needs to start finally

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »

France have beaten Turkey and Italy for the right to stage the European Championship in 2016.

France previously staged the tournament in 1960 and were hosts again in 1984, winning it with a team captained by Michel Platini, the Uefa president.

The French, hosts and winners of the 1998 World Cup, beat Turkey by just a single vote after Italy were eliminated in the first round of voting.

Euro 2016 will feature 24 countries playing 51 matches over one month.
\o/

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1133 on: May 29, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
Mou to Real Madrid. It's over, Barcelona is finished.

only if they sell Messi to Inter... bitches those two teams are going to own the league just like this year with no opposition at all, maybe is time for one of those arabic or whatever to buy a team in Spain XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1134 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »
Apparently in one of the sunday tabloids today, it's reported that Mourinho has a get out clause in his contract that will allow him to leave after two years to go to Manchester United, supposedly the only club he's admitted in private that he would next like to manage. The reasoning is that Fergie is likely to retire in a couple of years and Mourinho would like to be the next successor.

But it's still tabloids. I think the same paper mentioned that that Kevin Keegan would be likely to manage Liverpool :lol: :lol:

Here's some fake footage of Aston Villa's Carlos Cuellar getting annoyed with the groundsman :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1136 on: June 03, 2010, 06:37:03 PM »
is he going to Inter?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1137 on: June 03, 2010, 11:18:06 PM »
GG Bosnia, giving away two penalities in the last 15 against Germany. Final was 3-1.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1138 on: June 04, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »
Aw I wanted the Spanish waiter to stay. Liverpool were doing so well with him. Now who's the caretaker manager for the time being? Let's see...Kenny Dalglish?! That's like Newcastle wanting Kevin Keegan back :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'm confused, if Liverpool are in financial difficulties, as it's been reported, and Benitez is being coveted by numerous other top clubs, as it's been reported, then why even sack him? Why not wait until one of these other clubs makes their interest public, agree to let him go whilst at the same time demanding compensation for losing his services? If Liverpool are planning to release him anyway, why not make money out of the situation rather than losing it?

Just a thought....

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1139 on: June 08, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_Aid#2010:_Series_3 - Anyone else watch this? Was fairly entertaining. Great ending, too :rofl:

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - I My Me Mine