JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin` - Sennen no Niji

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246722 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 24, 2011, 01:03:50 AM »
Won't do you any good when you go to play them in the CL soon though ;)

Offline cumigosong

• ecchi
« Reply #1201 on: January 24, 2011, 06:18:01 AM »
Yeah, correct... Unfortunately Barcelona's style is the most stable style to win the game if you have good strikers and a lot of patience to keep the ball. That's why Real Madrid never won against Barcelona... Even though Real Madrid has their own Los Galacticos, it seems useless when they have to play Barcelona with possession football.

Actually, you can break Barcelona possession if you mark their key player with 3 players of yours, just like Inter Milan did in the previous CL. Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta each marked with at least 2 players at the time they got the ball. However, you must be really good at defending since Barcelona's offensives are world class.

I can't even believe Arsenal would be able to beat Barcelona with our current squad. We need CB like Chiellini or Bonucci from Juventus, Per Mertesacker and striker like our living legend, Thierry Henry.

It was really disappointing though when we were once so close to win the UEFA Champions League title. It was so unfortunate since in the beginning we had to play with only 10 man because we got our Goalkeeper sent off. Then, came the foolish Goalie sub that led us to a big losing game although we had done our best at defending.

I still feel so upset every time I remember that match... Damn it...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1202 on: January 28, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »
Well you've got Birmingham in the Carling Cup Final so you've essentially got one hand on the trophy already. You never know, it may open up the floodgates and more trophies can keep coming in.

I never want to go through Tues night again. Jeez that was harsh watching us 2-0 down to Blackpool at Half-time. Luckily Berbatov is as composed and gifted a player as ever and Hernandez is a sheer legend. What is happening with Rooney though?! Now he is making assists, running at the ball, making decent crosses and what have you but, it's not what his new contract is paying him for. Hope he gets a goal soon, it will do him the power of confidence. Also, for all this talk of going the whole season unbeaten? No chance.

You might not have heard about if you live outside the UK but a scandal emerged over two of the biggest names in football presenting/punditry over the weekend. Richard Keys and Andy Gray were caught off camera commentating on the female assistant referee at the Liverpool game, saying that she wouldn't know the offside rule cause she's a woman. That led to more leaked footage:

Which led to one of them getting sacked, the other into forced retirement. Crazy really, the whole thing's gone out of proportion in my opinion. What should have happened was the pair of them apologise, to the assistant ref and to the public and just move on. They were pretty scathing about the female assistant ref though, they weren't saying she didn't know the offside rule in a jovial manner, it was pretty menacing. But then they didn't know they were being recorded, and let's be honest, we've all said a few things in private we'd rather not get out into the open. I dunno, I'm not upset the pair of them are gone or anything, I think there are better people who do their job which Sky Sports can easily fill, I just think the whole thing's an overreaction and a ridiculous case of double standards considering there's a midday TV show over here called 'Loose Women' which happily broadcasts middle aged women picking apart men and using stereotypes to describe and belittle them.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1203 on: January 30, 2011, 05:33:09 AM »
A brilliant game winning overtime goal by Tadanari Lee (who was not being covered) after a great cross from Yuto Nagatomo gives Japan a 1-0 victory over Australia, and  a record 4th Asian Cup title.
The commentator, speaking in Arabic, is excited, to put it mildly.....Qatar and it's people were excellent hosts to this event.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1204 on: February 02, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »
^ From what I heard, people were complaining about it. Something like how large numbers of people were outright refused entry into the stadium. Still think having the Wrold Cup in Qatar is a dodgy decision.

So if you haven't heard already yesterday was the final day in the Premier League transfer window. And it got pretty crazy. Most notable of all with Fernando Torres £50mil move to Chelsea. For a man who proclaimed undying loyalty to the club as recently as last week, he soon changed his tune when he realised Chelsea were seriously knocking on his door. He probably had thought about leaving for a while, it's not an impulsive decision, but Liverpool fans, needless to say, are not happy, some burning their replica shirts outside the stadium. It's a particular sting in the tail knowing Torres himself handed in a transfer request and in his first interview yesterday said "it's every footballer's dream to play for a top club". Ouch.

But Liverpool bought replacements. £27mil for Luis Suarez which I'm kind of annoyed at. Would have liked him playing for us. And £35 mil for..Andy Caroll....yep. That's right, Andy Carroll. Newcastle's talisman for oh, let's say a year. Injured, unproven and a good striker at best, and somehow he becomes the 7th most expensive player in football history. More than Robinho. More than Ibrahimovic. More than David Villa. Absolutely ludicrous. Not blaming him, if someone offers to triple your wages, of course you'll take it. But there's already so much pressure on someone like him, how could he possibly satisfy everyone without some unrealistic goal tally expected from him?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1205 on: February 03, 2011, 02:09:01 AM »
I take a break from football, and come back to that :cokecat:

Not really surprised Torres left Liverpool, think Chelsea is silly for burning that much on him, and laughed good at his comment. And then Liverpool picks up Caroll.. I don't even know what they were thinking. Nice that Suarez moved up to a bigger league, and scored in his first game.

Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has conceded that he intends to hang up his gloves at the end of the season.
About time :shocked:

Also: Madrid - Barca Cup Final

:shocked: :jerk:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1206 on: February 04, 2011, 01:07:39 AM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1207 on: February 04, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »
^
Inter defender Cristian Chivu has been handed a four-match ban after punching an opponent during Thursday's 3-0 victory over Bari.

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/875745/inter-milan-defender-cristian-chivu-banned-for-four-games?cc=5901

Good times :rock:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1208 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »
Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has conceded that he intends to hang up his gloves at the end of the season.
About time :shocked:

And Gary Neville has retired effectivel immediately :( I mean, it's probably a bit presumptious of me for thinking like this but, will we ever see a player like him ever again? As in, a player that loyal to a club that they only play there for their whole career or who won't stamp their feet in the hopes of landing more money or a move elsewhere (yes, Rooney, I'm looking at you). I dunno, there's probably examples in the lower leagues I'm unaware of, but I mean in the top level of football, will we ever see it again? Gary's an absolute legend and if anything can be taken away from his career, it's that us United fans will always love his passion and that he's the epitomy of any football fan's dream, playing for the club you love.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1209 on: February 05, 2011, 03:28:24 PM »

DAT NEUER

That game was so :doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1210 on: February 05, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
FUCKING NEWCASTLE

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1211 on: February 05, 2011, 07:15:35 PM »
Arsenal :lol:

Though I'm one to talk, winning 1-0 after 3 mins and now losing 2-1 at half time.  :angry: :angry:

Oh my God are you kidding me? Unbeaten run ended by the team in bottom place. Fuck my life.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:44:47 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1212 on: February 06, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
Chelsea :rofl: :rofl:

The Inter-Roma game didn't disappoint. Thought Roma was going to pull a Newcastle, but they just couldn't get it out.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PbZaEwM7tA&feature=player_embedded#t=00m52s
(skip to the end)

Offline yoonyulsicfany

• ecchi
« Reply #1213 on: February 11, 2011, 07:55:06 AM »
anybody a manchester united fan? GGMU!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1214 on: February 12, 2011, 01:39:15 PM »
^ Fuck yeh!!

Manchester derby in a few mins time. I predict a win for Utd. :D

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1215 on: February 12, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
I'll root for Man City, just to be different

edit: DAT ROONEY

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:13:17 PM by Amplifier »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1216 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
Holy shit what a goal. The pundits are already touching themselves over it. Mark my words the English press will label it as a turning point for Rooney, but more importantly, a sign of what's to come for the England national team. Fuck off.

Absolute cracking goal. It's hard enough to do a bicycle kick if the ball is just descending down to the ground, but from a cross which has pace behind it? It's one of those rare instances of it actually working, but good on Rooney for pulling it off. :w00t:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #1217 on: February 13, 2011, 12:58:57 AM »
Good shit Rooney. Great win Utd cus I don't like Manchester City :lol:

Champions league fixtures, exciting. Barcelona is gonna get shot down! but that's just me being very hopeful and wishing luck is on our side.

Offline jupreng

• ecchi
« Reply #1218 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
I'll root for Man City, just to be different

edit: DAT ROONEY

hahaha great gif! this is the best goal so far in 2011..

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1219 on: February 15, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »

I CAME :shocked:

fuck your shit, milan

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin` - Sennen no Niji