JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nakagawa Shoko - happily ever after

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246830 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1380 on: August 29, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
2 games and 2 trophies for Fabregas :lol:

Offline pandabiscuit

• ecchi
« Reply #1381 on: August 31, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
Ashley Young and Rooney tormented the Arsenal team, our men tore their boys a new hole, and the irony is that our boys are younger than theirs :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1382 on: September 01, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »
Transfer deadline day in the EPL has officially closed. Among the last minute signings of worth is Arsenal getting Arteta from Everton as well as Benayoun on season long loan. 'The Nutter with the Putter' Craig Bellamy is back at Liverpool. Chelsea got Raul Meireles for £12m in a big left-field deal. Perhaps the most left-field deal was hearing that Man City signed Owen Hargreaves on a year's contract. Guess that Youtube video paid off. Hope he does well for them, I always liked Der Harg, and could only wish he played more games for us.

Amp will be happy to hear that Modric isn't going anywhere, after Spurs reportedly turned down a renewed £40m (!) offer for him. But is it good for Spurs to have a player, good as he is, to be left in the squad and totally uninterested in the team and even after his fellow teammates have come out and talked mess about him to the press, thinking he was gonna go? I wouldn't say the Modric situation is derailing the club, those are deeper problems, but having a player like that in the dressing room can't help.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1383 on: September 08, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
And you though England were bad at penalties:

N.Ireland knocked out of Euro 2012 qualification last night. I don't think I'll see them qualify for a major tournament in my lifetime. How the fuck can we not even get past the Faroe Islands?!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1384 on: September 11, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »
Another comfortable win for United today. 5-0 over Bolton with a Rooney hat-trick (making him only the 4th player to get hat-tricks in 2 consecutive games in the Premier League) and Hernandez with 2 goals, his first starting appearance since his injury. Great play today once again, only let down by the bad tackle to Cleverley, which could see him out for a number of weeks. After today's match, United have broken a PL record, with the most number of goals scored (18) since the season started 4 weeks ago.

Man City played well today to get a 3-0 win, Silva and Aguero looking super impressive. People and pundits immediately saying it'll be between us 2 this season but they forget that for one, it's only been 4 games in the season and secondly, Chelsea are 2 points from going top. Last season, Chelsea also came firing on all cylinders at the start of the season but burned out a bit, the same could happen with City.

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #1385 on: September 11, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »
Wow what is with the 2 Manchester clubs?

They're both going crazy this season. Hope Chelsea can catch up though.

I reckon Chelsea should keep Sturridge...his record at the club seems better than Torres'.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Offline 13

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • <3 Miyoshi Erika
« Reply #1386 on: September 11, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »
Wow what is with the 2 Manchester clubs?

They're both going crazy this season. Hope Chelsea can catch up though.

I reckon Chelsea should keep Sturridge...his record at the club seems better than Torres'.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.
The Torres signing is one big fail. If he didn't cost so much he would have been given up already. And lol, whose scoring record isn't better than Torres'?  :P

City is strong indeed. They may finally win the league now. Dzeko finally showing at City he is an excellent striker. I knew he had it in him.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1387 on: September 11, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
lol Torres... using that money to buy Suarez was the best deal for Liverpool

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1388 on: September 11, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »
You know, I can't think of a better deal in football right now. I mean buying Cantona off Leeds or Henry going to Arsenal will always be the iconic landmark decisions, but the Torres deal is just so striking. At the time you thought Liverpool were crazy to let him go, but as it turns out, they offloaded a player who's well past it and for crazy money. Plus they got a new player in Suarez that's a huge success, fans love him, plays well. Meanwhile Torres is rotting on the bench, out of form and out of favour with 2 managers.

Just shows the hard swings in the press though. In his last match he was 'back on form' and 'rediscovering his ability' despite not scoring. Yet he's brought on as a sub and now the press are just predicting how long it will be until Torres is offloaded. Remarkable, I think Villas-Boas is just right for not bowing to play him just cause he's a big name. Sturridge is more impressive right now than Torres.

Offline 13

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • <3 Miyoshi Erika
« Reply #1389 on: September 12, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
lol Torres... using that money to buy Suarez was the best deal for Liverpool
Suárez was an obvious good buy for them. I know Suárez since he was playing from FC Groningen, he was brilliant there. Then he was brilliant at Ajax. That Carroll signing is a 'bit' expensive one though. Suárez obviously was worth the money. Ha, such a good deal for them to sell Torres, and buy Suárez indeed. Don't get how Carroll was so expensive. But that's sooooooooooooo EPL-ish, to spend so much money on transfers inside the EPL.

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #1390 on: September 16, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »
UEFA news: Barca drew 2-2 against AC Milan

Chelsea won 2-0 against Leverkusen

Benfica drew 1-1 against United (Benfica should've won that game; they were playing better)

Man. City drew 1-1 against Napoli

Dortmund drew 1-1 against Arsenal

Porto won 2-1 against Shaktar

and so on (cbfed listing all that happened; a lot of draws though)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1391 on: September 18, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
I'll concede that Benfica were the better team on the night, thanks in no small part to Carrick's improving ability to lose possession and misplace passes and Evans wearing boots that must have been 2 sizes too big for him and constantly falling over. No discredit to Benfica though, I think they're a class wee team, loads of attacking flair but none of this diving that you would see.

Shock result yesterday when Blackburn beat Arsenal 4-3 thanks to 2 own goals and one controversial goal that could have been offside. Utd play Chelsea today, I don't think it'll decide the season at this stage, just like how I don't think our match with City in a few weeks will be decisive. But it's always good to put one over Chelsea so I'm hoping for a win.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1392 on: September 18, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
barcelona 8 - 0 some other team

lol this just keep confirming that La Liga is going down, down, down... they need petro-dollars to try compete with those 2 bad ass teams

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1393 on: September 18, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
What's funnier was prior to last night's match, the amount of pundits claiming Barca were showing signs of weakness, that their squad was aging and they could struggle this season. Of course after this match, they're suddenly the best team in the world again. Fucking hypocrites.

Amp will be happy to see Spurs thrash Liverpool 4-0 earlier. Aguero's scored 2 more goals, and Smalling's kicked off the Utd v Chelsea game with a goal in the first 10 mins.

*EDIT*

Torres :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:34:07 PM by Tuffty »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1394 on: September 18, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »
ole ole ole ole TORRES TORRES}

damn that was such a huge mistake... wtf torres are you cursed or what?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1395 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
I'll say that Chelsea played well yesterday but....they were the better team because they had more chances? Hmmm.

Let's look at it like this. Say there's two guys at a bar both looking to pull a woman. One guy goes over and immediately pulls with the first girl he comes across. The other guy goes and tries to do the same, but misses the target each time until he leaves the place dejected.

Which one do you think is more successful? Answers on a postcard please.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1396 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »

Newcastle United baby!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1397 on: September 24, 2011, 11:13:04 PM »
Drew 1-1 with Stoke today. Unfortunate, but Stoke are a decent squad. The way they play sure is effective but dear lord it is painful to watch. City, Chelski, Arsenal and Pool all won. City fans creaming themselves over our draw as to be expected. :rolleyes:

Torres got sent off the Chelsea game with a shockingly bad tackle. It's 43 secs into this vid. Could have easily ended up in a broken leg. Terry there still acting and behaving like a dickhead for arguing with the ref. Didn't stop the fans from applauding him off the pitch either. Fucking hate Chelski so much.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1398 on: September 26, 2011, 01:12:14 AM »
>spurs
>>bale
>>>crouch letting united know the score
>>>>cruising to glory in the fantasy yahoo league

Good times :cathappy:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1399 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:16 PM »
Getting a grilling from journalists is hard enough at the best of times, but Espanyol striker, Walter Pandiani, takes it to a whole new level. It's 8 mins long, but all you need is to skip at 30 sec intervals :lol:

Also Olhanense forward Salvador Agra was knocked out in a rather nasty-looking collision in their game against Uniao Leiria and stretchers came on just as expected. However, he didn't expect them to drop him. It's so wrong, but you have to laugh :lol:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nakagawa Shoko - happily ever after