JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Spiderspins

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246794 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1420 on: November 26, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
My Spurs :hump: I just stuck Adebayor on my fantasy team, too. Third in the table, 2 points behind United, with a game in hand :rockon:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1421 on: November 26, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
FFS United.  *sigh*

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1422 on: November 27, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
Almost feel bad for Balotelli. Liverpool were unlucky to not take three points from that game, though, I reckon. Was an entertaining game, at any rate.

My boys Mainz in Germany took down Bayern :hump: The German and Italian leagues both look good this year. Much better than SpaiZzzzzzz

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #1423 on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:14 AM »
Upset of the Carling Cup: Crystal Palace beats Man. U 2-1 at Old Trafford.

Palace's 1st goal was without a doubt a beautiful one.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1424 on: December 03, 2011, 10:02:30 PM »
City :hand:
Chelsea beating Newcastle :thumbup
Spurs clobbering Bolton :thumbup
United eeking out a win over Villa :hand:

Was sorry to see Chicharito go off like that. Hope he's not too bad off.

I hope you guys are watching Bundesliga too.
I would give all my monies for Inter to get relegated this season.
Cruise control in the Yahoo Fantasy league

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1425 on: December 04, 2011, 12:06:37 AM »
Upset of the Carling Cup: Crystal Palace beats Man. U 2-1 at Old Trafford.

Palace's 1st goal was without a doubt a beautiful one.

It was stunning. We were anything but. Hugely disappointing considering there were players in that team who always talk about wanting to prove themselves for a 1st team spot. Not likely. When Darren Gibson looks good, you know it was a bad performance. I'm increasingly worried about the De Silva twins, they're more of a liability as they just always seem to get perma-crocked in any match they play. I want them to stay, they're decent LB/RB's who can attack, but when they're so susceptible to injury, then you have situations like on that night where you have to effectively waste 2 substitution spots just to cover defence when it should be on attack. And this news on Chicharito coming off isn't good either, as he's probably our best player at the minute (or at anytime :heart:)

Should have updated the thread earlier but here's who was drawn for the Euro 2012 group stages

Group A

Poland
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

Group B

Holland
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C

Spain
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Croatia

Group D

Ukraine
Sweden
France
England

Group B  :hump:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1426 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »
^Group B is gonna be intense. I'll be mildly surprised if England makes it out of Group D. I'll put my money in Italy and Croatia in Group C, too.

In the meantime, FIFA and the media keep up their ridiculously massive boners over Messi & Ronaldo, and the shitty La Liga.

Finalists for 2011 FIFA Ballon d'Or award
FIFA BALLON D'OR
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Xavi

FIFA WOMEN'S PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Marta
Homare Sawa
Abby Wambach

FIFA MEN'S COACH OF THE YEAR
Alex Ferguson
Jose Mourinho
Pep Guardiola

FIFA WOMEN'S COACH OF THE YEAR
Bruno Bini
Norio Sasaki
Pia Sundhage
Source

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1427 on: December 05, 2011, 06:33:13 PM »
wondre how would be if Messi starts playing in the Premier League... La Liga is just a joke

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1428 on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »
City out :thumbup
United out :thumbup

My boys in Switzerland :rockon: Was real hard to watch the last five minutes of that game. United just looked terrible, though, if I'm honest. I don't imagine Vidic clumsily injuring himself helped either.

Lyon pulled off a 7-1 win over Dinamo Zagreb, knocking out Ajax, which is pretty insane too (considering their previous form).

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1429 on: December 07, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Well that was awful.

I haven't enjoyed a single CL game we've played in this season. Granted in this match our injury list is as long as your arm, but FFS we should beat Basel. Ultimately it just wasn't our night at all. Hit the woodwork on numerous occasions and some real opportunities that should have been handled better. But then we wouldn't have got into this situation had we killed our match against Basel at OT earlier. I'm not even angry, just really disappointed we didn't do better. We do need to look at some midfield signings in Jan. Cleverley, Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher are all injured (and don't forget Vidic, the De Silva twins, Berbatov, Hernandez!!) and at this stage, we can't depend on our reserves so much. Christ, Welbeck had to come on and cover in midfield.

Also, it's not just England, Spain have 2 teams out as well. Maybe it's a strong showing of European football? /looking for excuses

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1430 on: December 08, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »
but FFS we should beat Basel.
The Spanish thought the same thing about Switzerland back in 2010.. :V

Also, it's not just England, Spain have 2 teams out as well. Maybe it's a strong showing of European football? /looking for excuses

Gets tiring with the same faces every year, right? Couple oddball clubs made it through this year. Any any rate, I'll put my money on GermanyBayern, assuming they stay injury free.

Final games for Europa League group stage next week! PAOK needs to do Spurs a favor, and Spurs in turn need to pull a Lyon. Now let's see if Harry plays a real squad, or throws the game to get them out of Europe, so they can focus on the PL. I've been enjoying EL at least as much as CL this year, all these small time clubs with a point to prove :thumbup
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:05:44 AM by Amplifier »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1431 on: December 09, 2011, 05:44:03 AM »
unstoppable U. de Chile defeated Liga de Quito on Ecuador fro the first game of the Copa Sudamericana finals... doubt that Liga can reverse the story on Chile

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1432 on: December 11, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
It's a good thing Spurs weren't ruined by some of the worst refereeing I've seen since the World Cup. Obviously legit goal called offside, two handballs in the box with nothing done about it? :jerk:

But anyway, saw Kashiwa Reysol win over Monterrey in their Club World Cup game this morning. Went to penalties, but Kashiwa had that squared away. Not sure about their chances against Santos next, though. If they do win, they'd be playing the winner of Al-Sadd - Barcelona :thumbup

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1433 on: December 12, 2011, 04:53:33 AM »
BARCELONA CAN GO TO HELL

HALA MADRID

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1434 on: December 12, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »
Official: Shanghai Shenhua sign Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka

Better than going to play in Qatar or something, I reckon. Might have to start a new Football Manager game with Shanghai..

But speaking of Chelsea: Even if they're the cross-town rivals of Spurs, I sure hope they can put City in their place today.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1435 on: December 18, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
^ And you were right! :lol: Lampard's a disgrace though. With all the talk beforehand on being dropped by Villas-Boas in a previous game, he obviously stepped up for the penalty so he could write the headlines for the day after. I wanted Chelsea to win the match, but I hoped Lampard wasn't going to be the one to do it. Then he comes out and says "I don't know why Villas-Boas has dropped me, you should ask him." No, you should ask him Frank. Rather than conduct your business through the media, how about you talk to your manager. Everyone talks about how intelligent Frank is, so if he thought about it some more, maybe he'd realise that he's getting older and losing pace, whereas Villas-Boas has other options in those roles that are better suited for certain games. You never saw Giggs complain to the media when he wasn't starting every game, he got up, adapted and he's done good for us since. Bout time you did the same Frank. Thanks for doing a job for us against City, I was super glad to see your defence frailities rear their head once again this evening when you drew against Wigan 1-1.

The Anelka deal is interesting too. Especially when you consider that when January rolls round, not only is Anelka going, but Drogba and Kalou are heading to the African Cup of Nations. Which really only leaves Sturridge (who's been in great form) and Torres (who's......not). I say it's Torres big chance to assert himself back as a goal threat. He has to, Chelsea really have nobody else at that time (unless they buy another striker in Jan for cover)

The next round for the Champions League draw was made yesterday, with both English clubs getting an Italian job:

Lyon v Apoel Nicosia
Napoli v Chelsea
AC Milan v Arsenal
FC Basle v Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona
CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid
Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica
Marseille v Inter Milan

Tough one to call, I could quite easily see Chelsea and Arsenal out. Also, now that I have a vested interest in it thanks to Utd's embarrasment, the Europa League draw was also made:

Porto v Manchester City
Ajax v Manchester United
Lokomotiv Moscow v Athletic Bilbao
Salzburg v Metalist
Stoke v Valencia
Rubin Kazan v Olympiakos
AZ Alkmaar v Anderlecht
Lazio v Atletico Madrid
Steaua Bucharest v FC Twente
Viktoria Plzen v Schalke
Wisla Krakow v Standard Liege
Braga v Besiktas
Udinese v PAOK
Trabzonspor v PSV Eindhoven
Hannover v Club Brugge
Legia Warsaw v Sporting Lisbon

A tough draw for both Manchester clubs, of the same calibre as a CL draw to be honest. But, strange as it sounds, Man Utd may yet make it back into the CL :o

Tomorrow's going to be an epic number of games! We play QPR, Aston Villa play Liverpool and the big game, Arsenal play Man City. All on TV :D

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1436 on: December 20, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »
FA hands Liverpool forward Luis Suarez eight-match ban after being found guilty of misconduct in Patrice Evra racism row
Source

Time to shuffle my Fantasy team :doh:

Guess Liverpool will be out of the CL again next year, unless Caroll seriously gets it together. Looking forward to the Spurs/Chelsea game. If Spurs can keep their shit together, then things will be looking good.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1437 on: December 21, 2011, 12:35:42 AM »
Suarez banned for 8 matches AND Caroll is likely to start? That's like a double blow to them! :lol:

Blackburn are bottom of the table after tonight's match with Bolton and even the Blackburn fans were showing exactly what they thought of the manager, Steve Kean, throughout the match, hurling all kinds of abuse at him and leaving the stadium even at half time. He should just leave the job, for his sake. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 20,000 people screaming at me to lost my job. I think there's only so much you can take before you have to move on. In fact, you do have to worry about his mental and emotional health. But it's obvious to see the pressures of managing a top flight club are far too much for him.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1438 on: December 26, 2011, 10:07:45 PM »
That Berbatov.

Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City all tied in their games. Sucks for them, good news for the Spurs, though :thumbup

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1439 on: December 26, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »
That Berbatov. Of course, the naysayers will say it's only against lower league opposition that he scores goals but whatever. Good day for us in all.

It's about time for the Jan transfer windows to get kick started once again. I was reading today that R.Madrid have told Chelsea they can have him for £22m which sounds like bullshit. The Man Utd rumours for Modric have also started around £25m or so, but seeing as Spurs turned Chelsea and their £40m offer down, I don't see it happening. In fact, I'll tell you how this will play out. Utd and Chelsea will be linked to him for a time then on the final few days, once City have sussed out an acceptable looking bid, they'll make it and that'll be the end of that. Personally, I would like to have De Rossi in the team, but I believe he's signed an extension with Roma so I guess that's out of the picture too. Tbh, I think Gary Cahill from Bolton will be the one we end up getting.

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Spiderspins