JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Yan Yu (Beautiful Encounter)

Author Topic: [MG2] The Episode 9 Discussion Thread - "The one and only true friend"  (Read 13048 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
The Episode 9 Discussion Thread

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:46:09 AM by BarrieV »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Odd girl out :P

Cool fighting pose time 8)

Romantic love love scene :oops:

then BAM!

Sith Nezumi: "OM NOM NOM NOM~~"

I think a tiny piece of my heart was destroyed this time. XD

Offline Ishtar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (beautifuldeformity)
I haven't finished to watch this episode, but I wanna think that Nezumi is jut willing to do anything to be on top with Center, no matter what method is needed

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result".

Offline xdionysusx

• Member+
sumire cant whistle is too kawaiiiiii :wub:
and inu Dance  :wub: :wub:

I think I saw black next ep

Offline Rayle

• Member+
You know, at this point I kind of want Nezumi to not be redeemed and just stay evil throughout. Stronger narrative that way, that she squandered all of her chances at humanity with Center and just lives forever that way with slight regret.

Aaaaaand the preview just showed where all of this was going. The only loose end at this point is Takacop.
Although, I can already feel the "awwwwws" coming on for the ShibuyaGekikara reconciliation. Still fucking hate what they did to Gekikara's character, though. I want my psycho back!

Otabe's character was so fucking useless. What happened to Otabe vs. Nezumi scheme-off? She did fucking NOTHING to help Rappapa or Majijo. Semi-prodding Centre doesn't count because none of her prods were critical to Center's development. And now that Acchan's back she's not needed as a fighting ace anymore either. 

Fuck this third school shit. Also that girl isn't doing the exercise ball things right, they're not supposed to touch each other while you roll them in the hand.

Team Fondue just squandered any of the goodwill they got in the last ep. Not even as amusing as HormonexDaruma shenanigans, and those were already kind of annoying. NEEDS MORE HORMONE.
I mean, I got what theme they're representing, but the line deliveries were too fucking horrible for me to buy any of it,(especially from Miori, grrrr) unlike last ep.

Whoever is coaching Jurina and Mayu, on the other hand, should be commended. i mean, they set up Mayu's lip facial tic way back in ep 2, and she's doing in a way that doesn't make the tic feel gimmicky! Although the waggling eyebrows got me again in the third part.  :rofl:

....Wow, a while ago I started coming up with possible backstories to explain why certain characters are the way they are, and I pretty much nailed Nezumi's backstory completely way before they even started hinting at it.
Not so much for Center's. XD But the way they developed her personality fits with her backstory, so I'm okay with that.

Offline testament101

• Personman, Man of the interwebs
  • Member+
  • jpop and kpop and idols...oh my
Lets see...

Compared to season 1, I really don't like this one so far. I feel that there are too many angles that they keep introducing while taking far too long to validate their existence.  By this, I mainly mean the 3rd school and on a personal note, Otabe's character.  I really want her to do something.  It's like she cares about the school and everybody in it while at the same time she's like "it's not my problem" 

That said, I agree with Rayle, I don't want Nezumi's character to be redeemed.  I was personally pissed during this whole episode that she didn't get the shit beat out of her more.  Given this, I will be fine with this whole series if some poetic justice is handed out.

Now, with all this squared away, I just need to know a bit about TakaDeka. 

R.I.P. Nujabes

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Compared to season one this one sucks to be frank. I agree with you guys; just too much stuff, whereas season one was just like "she's like this, they're like this, they beat the shit out of each other. simple."

But anyway this episode was.. meh~
Nezumi should have gotten beat more. And then, I was hoping for Otabe to show up somehow and help.. cus she really needs to do something. If Nezumi doesn't get a massive beatdown at the end, I'll be very disappointed :lol:

Whatever, this episode gets a 3, only saved by the fail whistle by Suu and Dance being Dance.

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
I don't care if the episode sucks or the whole season itself....
just seeing AKB48 members in a series together is already a   :yossi: <--- like this
Anywho...this episode was a lovey-dovey for NEzumi and Center  :twothumbs
JUst like what Otabe says, "Ahou ya na"  :lol: stupid for still believing in Nezumi despite knowing
she's betraying her.... :P
Dance.....what a loyal underling  XD XD XD

For the next epi----> XD XD XD
-Black's cameo  :)
-Center finally snap out of her self-induced love for Nezumi?
-SHIBUYA VISITING GEKIKARA (my two oshi queens) XD XD XD
-MAEDA'S FINALLY GOING BACK TO MAJIJO  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
and meeting one of the triplets??? :?
-Habu's lil mutiny over Shibuya-chin's leadership.... :panic: :panic: :panic:

*It's still irked me what Minami's purpose here if she's not the Minami from the past :smhid
I hope she's not going to be the reason or a hindrance for Maeda hence making Maeda lose in a fight :(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:46:46 AM by dark-atrox »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
This season is far from over! Still 3 eps to go...

I liked this ep better than the previous two. Center's back story is pretty dramatic.

The fight looked pretty painful.. It reminded of that Gokusen ep where a group used metal rods to beat up people.

Anywa, the return of Black and Maeda next week? Now we're talking.

Btw, that leader from the 3rd school isn't Nakamata Shiori, is it?!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
^Yeah. It's Nakamata. The look makes her 10 years older though. :lol:

I wonder if it would've been better if they did all these flashbacks and 3rd school intro earlier this season.
And if it would've been better if they made it as simple as season 1 (After Shibuya showed up, I was all hoping the 3 queens + Sado turn evil and do a rematch with the new rappapa). The pacing is a little off. It might've been really cool if it was a 50 episode anime though. :oops: And we still don't know who poked Center. :sweatdrop:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [MG2] The Episode 9 Discussion Thread - "Tatta ichi-nin no mabudachi"
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
^ oh wow, that is pretty impressive. Even though the story line may be uninteresting, she does a pretty kick-ass job  :thumbup

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:26 PM »

All Nezumi, all the time.

Dance too :heart:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
The fight looked pretty painful.. It reminded of that Gokusen ep where a group used metal rods to beat up people.

I forgot to bitch about this!  :lol: Jurina taking multiple blows to the face and the head was stupid, it should have given her brain damage at the very least. (Wait, that might explain her Nezumi love...) Hell, the fact that she didn't die means that those girls must have been been as fuck. Punches to the face are nowhere as lethal as using some form of a stick, which not only increases the length of the torque are and thus the inflicted force, but that force is concentrated in a small spot/line, to devastating effect.

Bah, no one in the third school can act, either. Shiori's just about as bad as Yui in her line deliveries.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 12:29:14 AM »
That first blow Mayuyu took to the face should have put her down for the whole episode :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »
That first blow Mayuyu took to the face should have put her down for the whole episode :lol:

are you calling nezumi weak? nezumi is going to fuck your shit up with that cup noodle

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 04:09:46 AM »
Lead pipe to the temple, just sayin'. Could have been a concussion.

yet, she's eating cup noodles

Offline Jimitty

• Member+
  • 夢中にさせちゃうぞ!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 08:41:24 AM »

"Your lips are cut Nezumi"  :wub:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
Looking at this episode by itself.
The fighting scenes were done really well. probably one of the roughest looking bouts in both seasons.

And because I was bored, I mixed "Holding Out For A Hero" to it. :nervous Perfect match. :deco:
http://www.multiupload.com/GRI1T6Y5EY

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline boffyee

• Member+
i hope sothing happen with center and nezumi

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Yan Yu (Beautiful Encounter)