JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Boy

Author Topic: (Artist) PSY (싸이)  (Read 50228 times)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
Re: (Artist) PSY (싸이)
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 09:51:52 AM »
Let's not forget he has a bigger catalog  :lol:

Here's the first song I heard PSY on:

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »
^ I prolly heard the songs from Odango lol

Come on guyssss, lets film OPPAN JPH!P STYLE during the next meetup that Daigong attends  :ptam-glow:  I'm so into this XD
YES PLZ.  Daigong NEEDS to be the guy in the elevator!!!!!!!

lol what part are you gonna do Kimmy?? You gonna check the flashmob Rei???

Dai is the perfect guy for the Elevator Guy! He does look a bit like Noh Hong Chul *pelvic thrusts* XD

LMFAO u too, that's what nachdenki and ziggurat were saying :P I don't have a hat XD

TIS craze reached my territory :P

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 02:08:47 PM »

Making of

I love Gangnam Style because it's little bit crazy

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 07:50:13 PM »
You gonna check the flashmob Rei???

Probably not... I was planning to, but I didn't get to practice the dance enough to make it worth taking the bus trip there when I don't even know anyone XD

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
It's playing many times on the radio.......and it's stucking in my head

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
Let's not forget he has a bigger catalog  :lol:

Speaking of which, apparently international people went out interested looking for other PSY songs and are bringing up some "controversy" about his previous hit "Champion" because he says "ni ga", which sounds like the offensive N-word, when he's actually just speaking Korean. Seriously people? Ignorance much? Can't just search for the song's lyrics before posting stupid comments? Idiots...

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
^I know right? That's why I searched for the lyrics like a curious (and smart) youtuber when I suspected I heard the N-word in Shinhwa's "T.O.P", and it turns out Eric really did say the N-word in his rap. Then again it was also the late 90's when kpop wasn't even accessible to the world yet. Got lucky then, that sure won't slide today. :P

Here's a Pretty interesting article Ping posted on Facebook, published in The Atlantic regarding the social message behind Gangnam Style:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/08/gangnam-style-dissected-the-subversive-message-within-south-koreas-music-video-sensation/261462/
Great article, even though it might seem overanalyzing the song a bit for the most part I do see and understand the meanings behind it. That's why I love Asian music, although it may sound cutesy and silly, a lot of them actually have meaningful lyrics (which of course we don't hear cuz we don't understand) as oppose to Western music which the lyrics are superficial esp. nowadays. An example would be the difference between SNSD's The Boys Korean and English versions. The English version sounds cool but when you read the translation of the Korean version, it's totally different!

You gonna check the flashmob Rei???

Probably not... I was planning to, but I didn't get to practice the dance enough to make it worth taking the bus trip there when I don't even know anyone XD
I actually got off work early today but by the time I get there I'll miss it anyway. Plus I didn't practice the dance either but if we were there we can mess it up together, makes it easier to spot us in the video. LOL XD

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »
Plus I didn't practice the dance either but if we were there we can mess it up together, makes it easier to spot us in the video. LOL XD

Yeah, if it had been like that then I wouldn't have minded to go XDDD

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 06:59:55 AM »
So...If you go to a noraebang/karaoke bar that has a Ziller machine the number for "Gangnam Style" is 35608! XD I had to manually search it through the machine cuz it wasn't listed in the book and then one of my friends cancelled it thinking it was a mis-entered song and I had to find it again.  :doh: I sung the verses horribly even though I had the romanized lyrics on my ipod while I was singing. Plus my voice isn't powerful enough. But I wanted to see how many of my non-kpop friends recognized the song, at least 3 of them knew (obviously the one who cancelled the song the first time didn't :roll:) I tried to do the dance too but it was a bit difficult holding a mic in one hand and my ipod with the lyrics in the other. :lol: And then everyone looked at my fiance (who's Korean) and asked him why he doesn't know the song. He's too American, or at least he's not up to date with Korean pop culture as I am. :P

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »
Ziller Machine, number 35608. Got it.

*Goes looking for karaoke bars with ziller machines in his area*
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 08:12:40 PM »
LoL I knew people were gonna make her do a video about this. Grace Helbig aka DailyGrace is an internet/tv personality and comedienne who is usually seen on the G4 channel sometimes. On her YT channel she posts 5 daily videos (each day is a theme), so on Wednesday which is the day of Reviewing things, they made her review Gangnam Style. Good thing she rated it pretty high. Maybe on Thursday which is her "How To" videos, people will ask her to do the dance. LoL Her style is very improvised which can be either hilarious or obnoxious.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 06:56:01 AM »
^ Her "reactions" to the video were pretty funny XD

She said "red haired asian = raisin"? Never heard that before but I like it! Sounds so funny XDDD 

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 12:16:20 AM »
Well she didn't show how to do the dance in her next video but she did put a tiny clip of it in it at 2:25 lol

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 12:54:34 AM »
my fancam from 2NE1's LA concert. people dancing to Gangnam Style.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 03:11:50 AM »
If some people haven't seen Gangnam Style by now, they will now thanks to Jay Leno. Romney didn't really do it but I wonder if he will end up having more votes because of this now. XD

Offline BoA is BesT

• ecchi
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 03:25:08 AM »
So "Gangnam Style" has officially passed "Gee" as the most viewed Youtube kpop video! Good work PSY at becoming the most successful kpop idol internationally!

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
Psy still performing on music shows. But this time IU makes an appearance!

YEA PSYU XD!! This isn't mine btw

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
^ Aww it was so brief, she sure was cracking up good. And jesus, that pic... :lol:

--

So another sighting... was watching the One FC event held in the Philippines just now and one Korean fighter had a... familiar entrance theme. At least one of the ring girls is Korean, I can remember that much, but they didn't quite have the moves down... they got a little help in the end, though. xD

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »
It's crazy how wide-spread Gangnam Style become, I didn't realize it until I was watching Good Morning, Amercia and suddenly PSY was on my tv, even weirder when blogs and people who I knew don't follow or know Korean music started posting the MV.

6_9

But way to go PSY~

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:50 AM »
it's happening!  :cow:

:cow:  :cow:  :cow:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Boy