JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Possible - Shushoku = Gohan no Uta

Author Topic: The Official Tomochin Thread  (Read 1321806 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: [TEAM K] TOMOCHIN ~ The Itano Tomomi Thread
« Reply #2880 on: April 17, 2012, 01:00:34 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline ngandong

« Reply #2882 on: April 19, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »
anyone got the order link for FLASH magazine on HMV cause I couldnt find it anywhere

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2883 on: April 19, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
anyone got the order link for FLASH magazine on HMV cause I couldnt find it anywhere
I couldn't find it either but the magazine is at least available at CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-1233752

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2884 on: April 20, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:22:04 PM by Masa »

Offline ngandong

« Reply #2886 on: April 21, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/5025069

here's the link for ViVi on HMV, they're good site but always messed up with the update and tagging so it's kinda hard to search for stuff.

Never got a ViVi before, probly get one this time  :wub:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2887 on: April 21, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »
Let's discuss the upcoming Senbatsu Election and Tomochin's future in AKB! 8)

Ranked 8 in the last general election, this year Tomochin, celebrated her coming age of day ceremony, started walking toward her big dream 'Produce herself'.

Nikkan wrote "She looked a little lonely when being taken a commemorative photo with all other members on the stage." She was ranked 4th in the 2nd election, and we expected her further advance since in main-stream media and teen's fashion magazines, her presence had been bigger than any other members. "She made her solo debut with the single 'Dear J', made appearance in numerous TV Dramas such as 'Mazisuka-Gakuen2'" She was ranked 8th, after all. Tomomi said "I was confident in the good result in the election. I has Drama, I did Solo, I did AKB. I thought I've overcome a lot of though things. It was shocked, wondering if the result means people didn't recognize what I've done."

But turned 20, she is not what she used to be. She's become a tough, adult woman. "Until then, I think I'd kind of relied on AKB48. But this year is 20th year of my life, so I was thinking a lot, as I did a lot of works."

She wrote a lyric for the coupling number of next signle "Zyuunengo no Kimihe (on sale 25th)" by herself. Not only writing the lyric but she was involved in costume styling, music video production, she was involved in everything, all her own will. "Some day the day will come for me to graduate. I want to try my best to achieve my dream 'Solo Musician'. I love to self-produce."

During the interview of Nikkan she looked very relaxed and easy. Nikkan wrote "As the 4th general election approaches, she looked rather relaxed." "I have no set goal. lol I don't no longer think it a competition or battle, and I just want having fun. But it doesn't mean I let younger members pass through me. You know, it doesn't make any sense to hand them over our current position when they haven't achieved necessary milestones." she said (Though in her blog she wrote "I hope we can see many new-faces to be selected for Senbatsu in the next election ... while many information flies out everyday, sometimes I see stories that I never talked about or decorated what I said to look it funny, but I love I have this place to tell my thoughts directly to my fans"). Nikkan concluded the article with their usual sportsman-ship, "What she is looking for is neither higher-rank nor a number of votes. She just want to show people 'what she wants to be'
http://tomkono.blogspot.com/2012/04/celebrating-20th-birthday-tomochin-goes.html

2012-04-19 11:14:48

I’ve been doing a shoot since early this morning

At last, it’s starting to get warm

And it’s going to be May soon.
It came fast (haha)
The General Election is also near

This year will be the 4th General Election

I hope this year will be a ton of fun.
And we’ve gotten a lot of juniors added too, so I hope some new kids are part of the senbatsu!!

Even though, Tomo will work hard for the people who support Tomo
It’s how I can repay my fans, so…

There’s various news places out there that are handy, but the other half seems to leave out things, have laughable articles, cause misunderstandings, and it’s honestly annoying and causes a lot of shock…

But, here I can directly convey my feelings to my fans and that’s great!

Well, I’m going to go back to my shoot~ ^^
I showed a bit of seriousness, sorry about that

Tomo.
http://blog48.livejournal.com/2859983.html

"It is widely expected that the first member of Kami 7 (goddess seven are Yuko Oshima, Atsuko Maeda, Mariko Shinoda, Tomomi Itano, Mayu Watanabe, Minami Takahashi and Haruna Kojima) to graduate would be Tomomi Itano, who has dropped from top-7 for the first time at the last election. She expressed her will for graduation to people of management side, and even there was a media report that she would graduate last fall. In addition, when she failed to in top-7 in the election, she didn't express any regret and her agency was reportedly had positive reaction to the result that they can make her concentrate on solo work."
http://tomkono.blogspot.com/2012/03/whats-going-on-inside-akb.html

Tomochin's mentality about the election is quite interesting and it raises some questions. The way Tomochin is approaching the upcoming election reminds me of professional athletes, especially the ones who have achieved everything possible and are at the end of their careers. You often hear accomplished athletes talking about how they "no longer care about winning or losing" and they "just want to have fun". This leads me to believe that this is Tomochin's last senbatsu election and she will probably graduate later this year or early next year. It wouldn't surprise me if she withdrew from this year's Janken tournament and announced her graduation at some big late Summer concert.  This might be the reason why Tomochin doesn't care about her ranking.... as long as it doesn't affect her solo career.  The main reason why Tomochin is still in AKB might actually be her solo career: being in AKB means a lot more TV-time and publicity. I believe Tomochin's new single would sell a lot less if she had already graduated from AKB.

So yeah, I think Tomochin's future in AKB depends on how well her new single does. If "10nen" does sell a lot then Tomochin might feel like it's safe for her to graduate from AKB48. However, if "10nen" flops then she might have to stay in AKB because if your fanbase isn't rock solid then your popularity will drop a lot after graduating. This makes Tomochin's case quite interesting. She's one of the very few members who has a lot of casual fans who aren't even into AKB. To stay popular you need those casual fans but on the other hand they are no way near as loyal as hardcore AKB-fans. Quite a few AKB-fans would stop following Tomochin if she left AKB but at the same time she could gain even more casual fans. Unfortunately those casual fans would never buy dozens of copies of her releases...

Regarding election results, I think Tomochin's ranking will drop a spot or two. Sasshi will definitely top her and most likely Rena as well. Of course some Acchan fans might end up voting for Tomochin because she's a 1st generation member and she's one of Acchan's closest friends in AKB. Tomochin's recent comments about not caring about her ranking might cost her some votes but she's probably not too concerned about that. She can concentrate even more on her solo career if she's still out of Kami 7. However, if she does return to Kami 7 then her career in AKB might be prolonged.

So, are you still planning to vote for Tomochin despite her recent comments? Or will you rather support her new single and buy a few extra copies? I didn't vote for Tomochin last year simply because I thought she was easily gonna make it to Kami 7 but this year I'm definitely gonna support her. Even if Tomochin is planning to graduate soon, I feel that the fans should thank her for her time in AKB :)

Offline vutt48

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2888 on: April 21, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
^
First of all thanks for good post. It was intresting to read.

Regarding election results, I think Tomochin's ranking will drop a spot or two.

Two? I wonder who you think is the third girl in your mind who would pass Tomochin?

I will vote this time for sure. I also think that most likely 2012 election will be her last. And yes Sashi and Rena will probably rank higher , but in the same time I'm hoping for Acchan 2011 election effect - last year Tomochin fans got overconfident. Hopefully they will mobilize this time more.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2889 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:14 PM »
First of all thanks for good post. It was intresting to read.
Thanks! I'm hoping that more people will reply since I actually wrote something for once :P

Two? I wonder who you think is the third girl in your mind who would pass Tomochin?
Ah yeah, I totally forgot to exclude Acchan :nervous

I will vote this time for sure. I also think that most likely 2012 election will be her last. And yes Sashi and Rena will probably rank higher , but in the same time I'm hoping for Acchan 2011 election effect - last year Tomochin fans got overconfident. Hopefully they will mobilize this time more.
Yeah, it's actually really difficult to predict Tomochin's ranking. Like you said, Tomo-fans might mobilize after last year's disappointment and of course Acchan's graduation could boost her votes even more.

Last year's results:
1. Maeda Atsuko (Team A) – 139,892 Votes
2. Oshima Yuko (Team K) – 122,843 Votes
3. Kashiwagi Yuki (Team B) -74,252 Votes
4. Shinoda Mariko (Team A) – 60,539 Votes
5. Watanabe Mayu (Team B) – 59,118 Votes
6. Kojima Haruna (Team A) – 52,920 Votes
7. Takahashi Minami (Team A) – 52,790 Votes
8. Itano Tomomi (Team K) – 50,403 Votes
9. Sashihara Rino (Team A) – 45,227 Votes

10. Matsui Rena (Team S) – 36,929 Votes
11. Miyazawa Sae (Team K) – 33,500 Votes
12. Takajo Aki (Team A) – 31,009 Votes

Basically anything can happen this year. Mariko, Haruna, Takamina and Tomochin will probably benefit from Acchan's graduation because they are all 1st generation members. I think Takamina will get the biggest boost thanks to AtsuMina-fans but Tomochin & Haruna might have a really close battle. So, Tomochin might still end up in Kami 7 even if Sasshi beats her. Gonna be super interesting for sure!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2890 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »
The "10nen go no Kimi e" Download Thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=32652.0

:thumbup

Reina Triendle's blog entry about the latest ViVi issue:
2012-04-21 23:33:34 じゃん♪

今日は一日収録の日でしたキラキラ
ちょっと久々の番組もあったりして、楽しかった~♪

皆さんはどんな一日を過ごされましたドキドキ?

そしてそして
23日売りのViVi♪

友と表紙ですドキドキ

オフショットも♪

是非みてください
http://ameblo.jp/reina-triendle/theme-10019002224.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:13:02 PM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2891 on: April 22, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »
Itano Tomomi and Triendl Reina grace the June cover of ‘ViVi’

On the June cover of ‘ViVi’, which hit store shelves on April 23rd, AKB48 member Itano Tomomi and model Triendl Reina graced the cover of this popular fashion magazine in their girly casual attire.

This month’s feature pages will reveal ‘Tomochin (Itano) & Torichan (Triendl)’s Secret Date”.  Itano and Triendl also revealed that they are “close friends” and hang out with each other often. Despite their friendship, this is their first time working together for the same magazine.

Regarding this experience, Itano revealed, “It was kind of embarrassing (laughs) but, I am glad we will both appear in the front page together.” As for Triendl, “We were different from our usual selves and I think we both entered our ‘serious mode’ during the photo shoot,” sharing her experience of this exclusive photo shoot.

The popular 2 girls are hanging out together when they both find a spare time, talking about how they spent time together last Christmas Eve. Triendl stated “We took a bath together, didn’t we? Bubble bath! We can never publish photos we took at that time, though. (Laughs).”

Other than their feature pages, this month’s issue also showcases this spring’s hit items, ‘Girl American’ style fashion’, and also ‘50 different hair styles for this upcoming summer’.
http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/04/itano-tomomi-and-triendl-reina-grace-the-june-cover-of-vivi/

:on bleed:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Cultus48

• Member+
« Reply #2893 on: April 22, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2894 on: April 22, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
^Lyrics:
「lose lose」 作詞:Tomomi itano

I wanna know どんな言葉集め
誰に伝えたら届くかな?
Find a way 幾度も繰り返す矛盾だらけの日々に
逃げ出したくなる

あの時強がる事を覚え
きっと諦めかけていたの
本当は泣きたい時に
ただ居場所がほしかったの
消えちゃいそうで…
それでも I don't wanna cry.
Never wanna cry, never wanna cry, never wanna cry.
1人では生きていけないけど
誰にみせたらいいの?
僕に気付いてよ
いつかは I don't wanna cry.
誰もが不安を抱えている
言ってほしかったの君に
ねえ「大丈夫」だよと
無情な街をさまよう日々
この苦く広がるものはなに?
Anytime 強さにかえられる自信がほしいの
君はなにをおもう?
お願い Please don't lie to me
Never ever lie, never ever lie, never ever lie.
諦めないで訴えてよ
生まれてきた日のように
平等な愛で
素直に Please don't lie to me.
Never ever lie, never ever lie, never ever lie.
この想い届いてほしくて
誰におくればいいの?
宛のない手紙のようだね
それでも
歩き出すよ
胸に決めた揺るぎない Answer
諦めないよ
諦めないよ
たどり着く地には
きっと…
それでも I don't wanna cry.
1人では生きていけないけど
誰にみせたらいいの?
僕に気付いてよ
いつかは I don't wanna cry.
誰もが不安を抱えている
言ってほしかったの君に
ねえ「大丈夫」だよと

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2895 on: April 22, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
The main reason why Tomochin is still in AKB might actually be her solo career: being in AKB means a lot more TV-time and publicity. I believe Tomochin's new single would sell a lot less if she had already graduated from AKB.

This.

Tomochin's situation is definitely interesting. For what it's worth, my random thoughts:
- I do believe her solo career is heavily intertwined with AKB48. I think her sales will drop after she graduates. The question remains whether she can maintain a good steady fanbase. I'd hate to see her follow Oshima Mai's path who sold 11.7K --> 5.5K --> 2.8K.

- It always surprised me Tomochin aims at being a vocalist. I know she's a big Amuro fan and aspires a similar career. However, to me, Tomochin has some of the weakest vocals in AKB48 and it feels like she's going down a very difficult road is she focuses on a solo singing career. Yes, vocals may not be 100% necessary for a successful career, but it helps.

- I feel Tomochin has the best career opportunities in fashion (expand the whole TomoCawaii brand, magazine, CMs, the lot). Secondly, it would be cool if she can do some variety or acting gigs and more CMs to stay in the picture.

- According to my Senbatsu Election guesses Tomochin will remain around the 8th position. Acchan will drop out, but I think Sasshi might overtake Itano, leaving her around the same spot.

edit: I'd be very sad when Tomochin graduates. Each 1st (2nd and 3rd) generation member is getting increasingly precious and I hate to 'lose' any of them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:11:17 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline vutt48

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2896 on: April 22, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
- It always surprised me Tomochin aims at being a vocalist. I know she's a big Amuro fan and aspires a similar career. However, to me, Tomochin has some of the weakest vocals in AKB48 and it feels like she's going down a very difficult road is she focuses on a solo singing career. Yes, vocals may not be 100% necessary for a successful career, but it helps.

At first I was as surprised, but then on second thought  - all her solo releases are tie ins with various CM series. I can perfectly imagine her in post AKB era going forward with similar fashion. I believe she have bright future in CM business because of her unique looks in Japan. You can hate it (2ch cough, cough) or love it but she catches eye. And this is very important in CM business. So why not piggyback her singing career on that. She also likes to produce herself so she can keep a bigger piece of the $$$ pie and make a decent living out of it.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2897 on: April 22, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
At first I was as surprised, but then on second thought  - all her solo releases are tie ins with various CM series. I can perfectly imagine her in post AKB era going forward with similar fashion. I believe she have bright future in CM business because of her unique looks in Japan. You can hate it (2ch cough, cough) or love it but she catches eye. And this is very important in CM business. So why not piggyback her singing career on that. She also likes to produce herself so she can keep a bigger piece of the $$$ pie and make a decent living out of it.

I get what you are saying, but it's a bit of a chicken and the egg story. I mean, I don't think you can have a career in doing CMs. The CMs are the chicken, you need to have a decent egg first. A lot of actresses and vocalists get CM jobs because the general public knows them. If she wants to continue doing CMs, she has to maintain being in the public eye somehow.

That's what I'm worried about a bit in Tomochin's case; once the 'AKB48 bubble' bursts, will she still be in the public eye enough? Hopefully yes, either through her solo releases or fashion gigs, but if her popularity goes down immensely after graduating AKB48, then she won't get any CM gigs either. I doubt this will happen in the next couple of years, but it may happen in the long term.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2898 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »
This leads me to believe that this is Tomochin's last senbatsu election and she will probably graduate later this year or early next year. It wouldn't surprise me if she withdrew from this year's Janken tournament and announced her graduation at some big late Summer concert.

I haven't really wanted to admit it, even to myself, but I've actually been thinking this for a while now. Tomochin's career trajectory lately has definitely been heading towards a point outside of AKB. The fact that she says she doesn't really care how she does in this election is just more proof.

So yeah, I think Tomochin's future in AKB depends on how well her new single does. If "10nen" does sell a lot then Tomochin might feel like it's safe for her to graduate from AKB48. However, if "10nen" flops then she might have to stay in AKB because if your fanbase isn't rock solid then your popularity will drop a lot after graduating. This makes Tomochin's case quite interesting. She's one of the very few members who has a lot of casual fans who aren't even into AKB. To stay popular you need those casual fans but on the other hand they are no way near as loyal as hardcore AKB-fans. Quite a few AKB-fans would stop following Tomochin if she left AKB but at the same time she could gain even more casual fans. Unfortunately those casual fans would never buy dozens of copies of her releases...

I really have no idea how well 10nen will do. I voted extremely optimistically in the sales prediction thread, but I'm not entirely confident that she'll be able to pull it off. If her "agency" (and if you know how I feel about HoriPro, you'll understand why I put that in quotes) really wanted this single to launch her into a solo career outside of AKB, then they should have done a much better job at the marketing for it.

I really want to see Tomochin succeed when she leaves AKB. And not just because she's my Oshimen. That large group of casual fans she has gives her a higher chance at success than most of the other girls would have. If she can't do it, then I worry about the future of all the girls.

So, are you still planning to vote for Tomochin despite her recent comments? Or will you rather support her new single and buy a few extra copies? I didn't vote for Tomochin last year simply because I thought she was easily gonna make it to Kami 7 but this year I'm definitely gonna support her. Even if Tomochin is planning to graduate soon, I feel that the fans should thank her for her time in AKB :)

This. I actually felt really guilty for not voting for Tomochin after the results came in last year. There's no way I"m going to let that happen again, in what will most likely be her last election.

... Tomo-fans might mobilize after last year's disappointment and of course Acchan's graduation could boost her votes even more.

Do you and I count as fan mobilization? Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happens. As for Acchan voters, I wonder how many of them are casual AKB fans who bought the single and vote for her because she's the one they recognize. Those votes would probably go to the next person they remember from the PV of the actual single with the election ticket in it. Which would most likely be Mayu.

I enjoy listening to Tomochin sing, but I'm madly in love with her so I'd probably enjoy having her slap me around a bit with a large trout.

- I feel Tomochin has the best career opportunities in fashion (expand the whole TomoCawaii brand, magazine, CMs, the lot). Secondly, it would be cool if she can do some variety or acting gigs and more CMs to stay in the picture.

This. No matter what we think of her vocals, most folks would agree that she's an extremely beautiful woman. I think it's very telling that she did much better in the election the year she had multiple PBs than she did the year she had multiple singles.

edit: I'd be very sad when Tomochin graduates. Each 1st (2nd and 3rd) generation member is getting increasingly precious and I hate to 'lose' any of them.

It's hard to believe that we're getting ever closer to a point when we'll have an AKB48 with no 1st gen members in it.

I'll be really sad when Tomochin graduates. I'll probably even cry like a baby when I see it happen. None of that "manly tears" or "dust got in my eyes". I'm talking about having to pause the video because I can't see what's going on any more crying. Hell, for months after Erepyon graduated, I got tears in my eyes every time I heard a song with her in it. And she wasn't even my Oshi.

However, I can honestly say that I won't be taken by surprise when it happens. I'm expecting it any time now. Life will go on, and so will my fandom - for Tomochin and the 48 empire. She may have been the reason I entered the fandom in the first place, but I've discovered so many reasons to stay.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Possible - Shushoku = Gohan no Uta