JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Coral Reef

Author Topic: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 11/26/14) [COMPLETE]  (Read 148932 times)

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/1)
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »
lol! XD

Reina got surprised by Ai-chan's honking XD
>_<, wats up with Koha.  :P
NOw Kamei...  XD , i have to know~

Offline shôkokame

• ecchi
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
woooooow, this is going really faaaaaaaaaar~~!

CANT WAIT for the next one~~! really! woooooot!

Reina in a karaaaaooooke~~ haha cant wait to see that, the girls are gonna lose their mouth when they'd see Reina's voice (H)  :inlove: :inlove:

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
hmmm... *waits for the next chapter*

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »
lol sorry I know I usually update just about everyday. I've been working hard on the next chapter. I have about two different versions of it to write so I'm looking for one that works well. Just wait until then please, or try to lol

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 01:01:40 AM »
Lol I don't know I just get ideas quickly I guess and I have to just get them down. Sadly though the next chapter will be coming late because I ran out an idea to start the chapter off. So everyone just wait little to read if you don't mind.

Of course I don't mind. You already update really fast :)

But "girl crazy"?

Yep...girl crazy. Something that might not suit her but I like to put things out of their usual character all the time.

Actually I do think that term is apt for Sayu. Look at how much she loves Idoling and Eri. XD But somehow I didn't put 2 and 2 together before you wrote it out :D

The next chapter I'll try to work hard on posting hopefully it will be soon. Until then...stay tuned. Sounds like a TV show doesn't it? hehe  :P oh well just keep a look out for my fic is all!  :D

Tee hee it does. But it's cute :)

Chapter 7

At first when I read Ai was driving I got soooo excited. No idea why though :lol: Then I started counting with my fingers how many of the girls were going and thought to myself Ai must have a rather big car to fit 6 girls XD

I'm guessing Eri has some home troubles. I wonder what.

Is this gonna be TanaKamei or ReinaShige? I know the more popular pairing would be TanaKamei but I'm in a Sayu mood recently so.... :P

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 02:55:05 AM »
CHAPTER 8

This whole night couldn’t go any crazier. Our innocent time of fun turned into something hectic when someone got a hold of saki. How did they even get that?! I’ll never know, but Ai had some and she was now drunk, just like Sayu. And let me tell you…Sayu drunk is dangerous! I was left ducking and dodging from her all night. Koharu didn’t have any though, Risa made sure of that. She was kind of young anyway. Me…I felt it was a good idea to stay sober. I kind of felt bad for Risa though. Ai isn’t a scary drunk that is…unless you’re her. Then being groped in public with people watching is a bad thing right now. She was embarrassed and her reactions I had to admit…were funny and made things pretty interesting. In a way I didn’t want to leave.

“Reina! REINA! Come sing with me!”

Ai motions for me to come on stage as she clings on to the microphone stand for balance. There was no way I’m going up there with her. Not only because she was drunk, but also I planed on to not singing the whole time I was here. She just kept motioning for me to come and kept calling my name louder and louder. I can understand that she wants to make me feel like I’m a part of the group, but this is just embarrassing!

“I think you better go to her Tanaka-san. She’s only going to yell louder I think.” Koharu suggests.

“You don’t have to be formal with me. Calling me Reina is perfectly fine.”

She smiles bigger than I’ve ever seen her. I thought she was going to put me into a bear hug any second. Ai suddenly got so loud I’m sure a deaf person can hear her. She wasn’t going to give up. Risa by surprise grabs me by the arm and pulls me away from Koharu.

“Just sing with her before she gets us kicked out.”

I begin to panic as she guides me closer to the stage. I don’t sing damn it! I try to think of something to say to get me out of this.

“And getting kicked out is a bad thing?!”

That’s all I could think of. Weak, I know.
Risa throws me on stage. I catch myself before I fall. I look at her with pleading eyes. I really don’t want to do this! I’m not good at singing I suck at it! Ai embraces me into a bear hug, my escape to leave the stage no longer possible.

“Come sing with meeeee.”

Ack! Her breath! With the little space I have to move my arms, I fan away her thick alcoholic breath from my nose. I look to Risa one last time hoping she would change her mind and get me out of her drunken girlfriend’s arms. She has to have some sympathy!

“Ahhh! Senpai what are you doing?!” 

That was Koharu; she was left alone with Sayu, a DRUNKEN Sayu, for the most part. I told you she was dangerous drunk! Risa gives me an assuring look. She was really going to leave me and make me do this!

“You’ll do fine. Now I have to go before Sayu corrupts Koharu anymore.” 

She leaves marching over to break the two up. I gulp. My stomach feels a little queasy and I’m not sure if it’s from Ai’s foul alcoholic breath or my nerves. They’re both equally bad. Ai starts the music and grabs the mic with one hand while still locking me down with the other. She uses me to keep her balance. How drunk did she get?! I’m really going to have to do this. Ai starts singing and it isn’t that bad…if you take out the fact that she’s singing mostly off tune and screaming instead of singing properly. There are a few notes she hits nicely though. I look to the little screen waiting for my part. I really don’t want to do this; everyone is looking at me waiting just for MY turn to sing. I don’t blame them though, Ai sounds horrible right now. She’s only making me look good. Here’s my part. I take the mic and just sing like if no one was watching me. I don’t put my all into it, but I make sure my voice sounds decent enough. From there on it switches from Ai to me, back and forth, we sung together at one point, and the song ended me with. When I was done everyone looks at me amazed or I think they are. I was singing that bad wasn’t I?! Koharu starts clapping as I rush off the stage.

“You sing so well Reina! I didn’t know you can sing that good!”

I blush. Risa’s reaction is well…she’s speechless. I got a little redder seeing her face.

“Well I…whoa!”

I jump back quickly ducking for cover. Sayu looks at me with a little grin in place. Damn it, she got me by surprise and I was trying to avoid her groping all night. Then…when I’m not paying attention; she gets a good one on me. I look away embarrassed. Everyone’s quiet for a few seconds.

“Maybe we should go home Gaki-san.”

Koharu looks a little worried when she says that. I turn to see what she’s looking at and cringe. I wish I didn’t look. Ai just puked.

“Good idea. I’ll drive, get your things.”

It’s probably a good idea to leave now before the owner knows anything. I grab my coat and make a dash for the door. Even with all this that happened in one night…I can’t wait to hang out with them again soon. They’re really something else.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/3)
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2008, 03:46:04 AM »
Drunken Sayu ftw! xD Poor Koharu and Reina.  And I can't leave out poor Ai-chan... :( Don't worry, you still have Gaki-san! XD

Yay for Reina feeling like she fits in!  :cow:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2008, 06:22:41 AM »
CHAPTER 8
Sayu drunk is dangerous!
Drunken Sayu groping!!! XD

I kind of felt bad for Risa though. Ai isn’t a scary drunk that is…unless you’re her. Then being groped in public with people watching is a bad thing right now. She was embarrassed and her reactions I had to admit…were funny and made things pretty interesting.
DRUNKEN AICHAN GROPING RISA!!! :w00t:

“Reina! REINA! Come sing with me!”
Yep, I knew they wouldn't let her "just watch".  8)

“I think you better go to her Tanaka-san. She’s only going to yell louder I think.” Koharu suggests.

“You don’t have to be formal with me. Calling me Reina is perfectly fine.”

She smiles bigger than I’ve ever seen her. I thought she was going to put me into a bear hug any second.
Koharu = :O
Reina = :)
Koharu = :w00t:

Risa gives me an assuring look. She was really going to leave me and make me do this!
Well, SOMEONE has to. If Risa does it, Aichan will just keep groping her on the stage and forget about singing. :lol:

“You’ll do fine. Now I have to go before Sayu corrupts Koharu anymore.”
:wahaha:

When I was done everyone looks at me amazed or I think they are. I was singing that bad wasn’t I?! Koharu starts clapping as I rush off the stage.

“You sing so well Reina! I didn’t know you can sing that good!”

I blush. Risa’s reaction is well…she’s speechless. I got a little redder seeing her face.
Reina = :?
Koharu/Risa =  :mon fyeah:
Reina = :shy1:
Aichan =  :pen_drunk:

I jump back quickly ducking for cover. Sayu looks at me with a little grin in place. Damn it, she got me by surprise and I was trying to avoid her groping all night. Then…when I’m not paying attention; she gets a good one on me.
Can't let your guard down around her for a sec!
:on lol:

“Maybe we should go home Gaki-san.”

Koharu looks a little worried when she says that. I turn to see what she’s looking at and cringe. I wish I didn’t look. Ai just puked.

“Good idea. I’ll drive, get your things.”

It’s probably a good idea to leave now before the owner knows anything.
Ummmmm...what about the room reservation (assuming there was one)?  :shocked:

Aichan =  :mon barf:

ew.

I grab my coat and make a dash for the door. Even with all this that happened in one night…I can’t wait to hang out with them again soon. They’re really something else.
:pen_whirl:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »
 :muffin: :muffin: :muffin:

Offline shôkokame

• ecchi
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
woot, i really like this chapteer,,, not a single word about Eri,,, T_T

but i can wait!! ^^

Can't wait for the next one~!

Ganbare~~!

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »
hahaha, druken Ai and Sayu XD  :lol:
no Kamei though.
but this chap was interesting and funny~  :P

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 05:17:37 PM »
CHAPTER 9

I woke up the next day late in the afternoon. My uncle was up before me and asked me to join him in a picnic. Since I had nothing to do I agreed to go. I couldn’t say no, this was probably his way trying to get to know me better. We packed the car and went off. We sat in the park at the back. There were a lot of people who also were having a picnic and they seemed to be having a good time. I helped my uncle set the blanket down neatly and got the food from the container.

“How was your day yesterday with your new friends? They kept you out of trouble didn’t they?”

My uncle hands me a bento box and drink. I almost instantly pull the box open. I’m so hungry. I haven’t eaten when I woke up.

“Yesterday was fun. I get along well with them. We don’t do any trouble uncle I promise.”

I picked up a rice ball with my chopsticks and ate it. He cooked this himself? He’s a really good cook. It’s almost like eating my mom’s food. I’m impressed.

“How is it?”

He motions to the food in my hand. I smile and nod. I make sure to swallow my food before talking.

“It’s very good. I didn’t know you cooked this well. It’s like I’m eating my mom’s cooking. I miss it.”

I feel a little down at the memory of my mother. I haven’t talked to her since I’ve got here and nor did she try to call me. Maybe they’ve dumped me here just to get ride of me and enjoy themselves.

“You’re mother loves you. You don’t have to go and think bad thoughts like they’ve abandon you.”

I break from my daydream. My uncle held an ensuring look. He spoke too like he knew this whole situation well.

“When your mom called me on the phone to see if you can live with me she was very upset. She was crying too. That’s how I can tell she cares for you still. I hope that brings some sort of comfort to you. You aren’t just being left for dead Reina.”

I feel a little bit more at ease. He spoke in all his honesty I can tell and for some reason I feel that I can trust him, with anything. He smiles and I smile back at him.

“How did you become such a good cook?”

He chuckles.

“Well…if you’re living alone as long as me you learn these things. I can also clean very well. Which is good because you’re such a pig.”

“Hey I’m not that messy!”  I exclaim

“Have you SEEN the mess you make with chips?”

We’re both laughing. He’s right I am a little bit messy, but not as how he puts it. I think we’re starting to get a long very well now. I don’t know how, I mean I clash with every adult I meet, but with him it’s different. The way he handles me I’m sure he can deal very well when having his own kids. I’m curious now why he doesn’t have kids. I mean he is thirty-five years old and he doesn’t even have a girlfriend. Before I could think I just speak my mind…again.

“Uncle, why aren’t you married?”

That one got him by total surprise. He started choking on his rice. I’m always so stupid asking the wrong questions that get me in trouble! I reach over patting him on the back a couple of times then hand him his drink. He’s red in the face from all the coughing. Weakly, he takes the drink and gulps half of it down.

“Are you ok?”

He gasps for air and nods. His face is still a little red and I think this time it’s from embarrassment. He takes a few minutes to compose his self then talks.

“I’m sorry, that was…very unexpected.”

It goes silent after. That was really a dumb question to ask.

“I’m sorry I…”

“I’ll answer your question.” He tells me calmly

He will? He doesn’t have to! It was stupid of me to ask in the first place! I don’t want him to feel like he has to answer because I asked him. I feel bad.

“It’s ok Reina. I’m ok telling you this. I feel that we should tell each other almost anything. We should trust each other.”

He puts on a comforting smile. I look at him a little surprised and nod. He really wants to make things between us go well. He does care for me. He takes a deep breath and talks.

“Well I’m not married, because the girl that I was engaged to left me.” He says this with little emotion.

I cringe. She left him? That has to be the worse thing to happen to anyone.

“She felt that we just weren’t ready for this and so…a week before our wedding she dumped me. A lot of people felt that she had got cold feet, but I don’t think so, because after that she never called or came back. I haven’t married or dated since then.”

How could someone do this to him?! He such nice guy! He’s the guy all girls would be looking for. I’m kind of angry, but I mostly feel so bad for him. He must have really been in love with that girl. And to have her leave him…that makes it painful even more.

“I’m sorry uncle. I shouldn’t have brought this up.”

I want to smack myself in the head for asking in the first place. But he acts and sounds perfectly fine talking about this. I don’t think he is ok about the whole situation completely. I can somehow tell.

“Uncle…how long ago was this?”

His whole face expression drops and changes when I ask that. Now I know I’ve hit a very soft spot. He doesn’t have to answer! I don’t want to bring up old and painful memories. This is supposed to be a happy picnic day not a depressing and miserable one.

“It was six months ago.”

“EHHH?!”

It wasn’t that long ago?! Why didn’t someone tell me about this?! Why didn’t my parents say something! There’s no way he could be over this whole thing in just six months! I know I wouldn’t be. I would still be in my room crying my eyes out. I’m pretty sure having me here only adds on to his stress and pain.

“Why did you take me under your care uncle if it wasn’t that long ago? You should be home by yourself mopping.”

I know I should stop asking these questions, but I’m curious. I guess in a way I’m asking these questions to see if I can help him. He’s doing so much to me help me. I could try and repay the favor I suppose.

“I agreed to take care you, because it would help me keep my mind off things. And it has. I don’t know if you notice, but you are helping.” He says this with the most sincere voice. “When your mom told me the trouble you’ve been getting into at home it reminded me of myself.”

What??? He used to get into trouble like me? He’s so calm and nice to get into the type of trouble I do. Well…I guess him being into trouble wouldn’t be too unbelievable. He sure is stern like my dad and I know my dad got into a bunch of trouble when he was young so he could have too.

“Yes I was the biggest trouble maker around. Next to your dad that was, your dad had a nastier attitude and mouth than me. Me…I was never all talk, I was more of a physical person. So when your mom told me about your problems I knew I could help.”

I rush over and grab my uncle into a tight hug. It caught him completely by surprise because it took him a few seconds to hug back. We stayed like that for a while. I felt him relax a little into the hug. This was all I could do to show my thanks. He’s been so strong about his problem I wasn’t sure if I could do that myself. We broke apart feeling much better.

“Are you done eating? I have dessert if you’re still hungry.”

“I would like some.”

It turns out his cake isn’t so bad as his other cooking. It was so good I ate two pieces. He has to teach me how to cook like this! I’ll ask him that another time though.
We stayed at the park for hours talking and playing. It was really fun. He has to be one of the best uncles around. I’m going to like being around him a lot more.

Offline shôkokame

• ecchi
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/6)
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »
woooow, Reina's starting to like her uncle, neee~!

Poor uncle,,, that was unexpected! XDD lol

cant wait for the next one, Eri Eri Eri moar moar moaaar~!  :cow: XD

Offline tay

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008, 07:32:28 PM »
 \o/    it is good for knowing that Reina this having a good relationship with your uncle
Great  chapter
~~Gambare~~
s2 TanaKame s2 / s2 TakaGaki s2

Credits for sig  anuskyna

Offline anuskyna

• ecchi
  • Totally in love with Kamei <3
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »
OOOOOOH, JUST READ IT ON ONE-SHOOOOOT~~

I was too into Hello!Online XD, all the exams and those stuff...

I'm loving this too much! I really want to see wat happens next!

TanaKame forevaah~! XD

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
Reina's uncle ftw! (Again.) I'm glad that she's getting along with him well. ^-^

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »

@anuskyna- I love your fics. I hope you didn't skim through the whole story now to read in a rush, but thank you for reading. :kneelbow:

@shôkokame-Don't worry Eri will come again lol I'm just making a slow build up. I hope it isn't too slow though. lol

@ShikyoxYaiba- I thought everyone would like her uncle. I hope you keep reading.

@tay-lol thank you and I'll post more soon.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:07:30 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:56 PM »
 :muffin:

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 03:32:42 AM »
Finally, some one who's ready to understand Reina~  :P

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 06:40:37 AM »
ARGH!!! I typed a rather long comment but the browser hanged on me and I lost it @@

Lemme try and recall what I said before...

Chapter 8

Sayu and Koha cracked me up! :lol: I'm really getting to like this pairing in so many ways. I'm glad you made Sayu so "horny" in this fic. Poor Koharu though :lol: Ai puking = Ewww XD

Chapter 9

The uncle seems nice. Reina's life seems smooth sailing for now. I wonder what you're gonna throw in her path. Update soon~~! :)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Coral Reef