JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Captain Straydum - Lone Star (album ver.)

Author Topic: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 11/26/14) [COMPLETE]  (Read 150128 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/6)
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 07:25:23 AM »
Dang, how could I have not noticed the update here? :?

CHAPTER 9

*REINA'S PICNIC WITH UNCLE*
It's nice to see that Reina's seeing that her uncle really is trying to make her stay with him a pleasant one and that he really is treating her like family. He's showing that she matters, which she does.  :)

*UNCLES "PERSONAL" STORY*
Oh...........................:O

“Uncle…how long ago was this?”

His whole face expression drops and changes when I ask that. Now I know I’ve hit a very soft spot. He doesn’t have to answer! I don’t want to bring up old and painful memories. This is supposed to be a happy picnic day not a depressing and miserable one.

“It was six months ago.”

“EHHH?!”
Ouch. Poor guy.  :shocked:

“I agreed to take care you, because it would help me keep my mind off things. And it has. I don’t know if you notice, but you are helping.” He says this with the most sincere voice.
Makes sense when he puts it that way. Dwelling on unpleasantness such as that for any extended period of time is never good. Having Reina around gives him something to focus on/a purpose when he's home (instead of being all alone and just having nothing to do but think about what happened).

“When your mom told me the trouble you’ve been getting into at home it reminded me of myself.”

What??? He used to get into trouble like me? He’s so calm and nice to get into the type of trouble I do. Well…I guess him being into trouble wouldn’t be too unbelievable. He sure is stern like my dad and I know my dad got into a bunch of trouble when he was young so he could have too.

“Yes I was the biggest trouble maker around. Next to your dad that was, your dad had a nastier attitude and mouth than me. Me…I was never all talk, I was more of a physical person. So when your mom told me about your problems I knew I could help.”
The old addage "It takes one to know one" really rings true here. Sometimes, the best person to help someone who's got issues, is someone who has already gone through those same issues him/herself.  :yep:

I rush over and grab my uncle into a tight hug. It caught him completely by surprise because it took him a few seconds to hug back. We stayed like that for a while. I felt him relax a little into the hug. This was all I could do to show my thanks. He’s been so strong about his problem I wasn’t sure if I could do that myself. We broke apart feeling much better.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww... :oops:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 11:48:03 PM »

CHAPTER 10

The weekend went by quicker than I could keep up and before I knew it; I was back in school again and it was Monday. I hated Mondays. They weren’t the greatest days for me. I might as well make the best of it though. I grab my books out of my locker. Ready for my class. All I wanted was for this day to end fast. Quietly minding my business, I heard my friends call my name.

“Reinaaaa.”

I spun around and quickly ran away from Sayu. She was running after me, trying to hug me. But I get the feeling it’s going to turn more into just a hug. I never really know with her. We’re running around in circles. She wouldn’t give up. Ai, Risa, and Koharu were standing to the side laughing, watching us. A little help would be nice to get her away! Instead of having me run around and embarrass myself.

“Reina why are you running away from me? I only want a hug.” Sayu stopped chasing me and put on a pout. I stopped to catch my breath. Her pouting wasn’t going to work on me! Oh no, not at all. I frown at her.

“Yeah right you are! I know about you and your grabby hands.” I crossed my arms over my chest. She gave a little smile. She didn’t say anything to deny it. She scares me sometimes.

“I’m not like that all the time. Only when I’m drunk.” She says sweetly

Why don’t I believe that?
I carefully watch her. I’m not letting my guard down this time! I don’t want to end up luckily groped again like before. She giggled. I must have been putting on a look of sheer terror. I scowled at her. She still holds her innocent face as if nothing happened. Ai laughs, stopping me from staring.

“The events from Saturday still haunt you Reina?” She jokes

Now I’m glaring at her instead. I don’t need to be reminded. I cringe.

“Well how would YOU react if Sayu groped you like that?” I snap

Ai goes quiet. At the corner of my eye, Koharu shifts. She looks kind of…sad? What’s up with her again? Risa cuts in defensively; all my forming questions about Koharu come to an end. Risa looked kind of mad too.

“Like that would ever happen. I would be sure to give Sayu a piece of my mind she did that.”

I look down scratching my head. I’m sorry I asked. Ai gave her a little nudge. Risa’s expression changes a little. She still holds the sternness to her words though. Ai smirks and chuckles.

“Are you…jealoussss?”  She teases

Risa shook her heard so hard the braids in her hair swayed side to side. She couldn’t convince anyone here she wasn’t jealous. “The little green monster”, would be a little of an understatement. Jealousy; was written all over her face in permanent marker. She isn’t very good at concealing her emotions or facial expressions. That also was a little of a give away. I smiled, trying to hold in my snickering. She really loves Ai you can tell. But she still tries to show that she isn’t the ‘jealous’ type even when she’s been found out.

“Of course I’m not! I’m just letting her know what’s mine and YOU are mine.” She clarifies

That’s a good way to put it. But she’s now, not only jealous, but also a little possessive. Ai keeps laughing, enjoying every minute of her girlfriend’s reaction. She wrapped her arms around Risa’s waist, burying her face into the back of her neck. She whispers something to her.  I couldn’t hear what though. A second later, Risa blushes bright red. Ai holds a smug smile on her lips. They really are cute together. Koharu suddenly, breaks the couple-y moment.

“Guess what next week issss.” she yells out excitingly.

Ai groans. I was curious. What was next week? It was the same as any ordinary week. Nothing special or it seemed that way to me. Risa held the same enthusiastic smile. I get the feeling that I have to know; and fast.

“That’s right…next week is a very special day.” Sayu joined in

Ai ducks her head annoyed. What is this all about?
I was still here completely lost. What were they not telling me that I should know? Is there a test next week?! Crap I didn’t study! Well I never study…but still! I hate surprise test that are worth a large part of my grade. That can’t be it though. Koharu wouldn’t be happy to take a test next week. Ok, I give up.

“Cut it out you guys it’s nothing worth it, to go crazy over.” Ai grumbles.

A faint blush was visible in her cheeks.

“What do you mean it’s not worth it? Ai-chan, your birthday is coming soon!” Risa announces

Her birthday?! This soon? I’ve never celebrated a friend’s birthday before. I do have friends over at Fukuoka, but those aren’t really my friends. I watched everyone argue with Ai. Saying, “How celebrating her birthday is important” She was fighting back saying, “It isn’t.” It’s pretty interesting. She is kind of stubborn.

“Hey guys, what’s up?”

Eri joins the group lost on what is going on. Hopefully, she remembers the news about Ai’s birthday. She looks to everyone still clueless. She raises a brow, her forehead scrunching up in confusion. Even with the small worry lines, she looks so cute. Sayu cries out and smacks her forehead with her palm.

“You always forget Eri! It’s like this every year. Next week is Ai’s birthday.”

And then it hits her like a fist to the face. She even smacks her own forehead once she remembers. She must feel stupid.

“I’m sorry Ai-chan. I always seem to forget!”

“It’s ok. It wouldn’t be you if you did remember.” Ai smiles

“What are we going to do for your birthday?” Koharu asks

That’s a good question. I would like to know that one. I also need to buy her a nice gift too! Oh, but I don’t know her that long to know what she’ll like! I’m doomed, so much for trying to be a good friend.

“We’re doing nothing, because we’re not celebrating it.”

Risa quickly obliges.

“We’re GOING to celebrate your birthday whether you like it or not!”

Before Ai could protest anymore the bell rings. We have to go before we’re late and I would hate to face the teachers here again. We say our goodbyes and hurry to where we need to go quickly. I’m really curious to this birthday celebration. It would be kind of fun. I just hope this time, no one finds saki again.

This day couldn’t go any slower! It was just pure torture. The teachers kept running on with the boring lectures they do and in the end, assignments were given. Homework for me seems to keep piling up. I had two reports due next week on the same day and a project due the day after. My teachers don’t like to give me a break! When school was over, I couldn’t be any happier. Finally I can get a break! I grabbed my belongings and left in a hurry. I met Eri out front. She spotted me and smiled, waving. I felt my stomach bunch up into a tight ball when she smiled at me. My hands automatically went to my tummy.

“Are you ok?”

She looks to my hands on my stomach. I put them to my side, chuckling nervously. My ears burned from embarrassment. Hopefully she couldn’t see it. I’m sure I looked like a complete idiot to her. I just keep smiling, nervously. Say something!

“I’m fine. I suddenly had a stomach ache for a second.”

She looks concerned.

“You aren’t getting sick are you?”

She’s so caring. That’s so sweet of her. Now, I’m sure, I’m smiling like a big idiot. She’s looking at me weird. Things are getting a little awkward really fast!

“No, no, I’m fine really.”

I clear my throat. I’m so nervous my throat went instantly dry. I’m doing things real smooth aren’t I? I swallow to clear my dry throat.

“You aren’t getting a ride home from Ai?”

She shakes her head.

“I don’t live far from here it’s fine.”

“I can walk you home.”

“No, no, it’s fine you don’t have to!” She denies.

She says that a little too quickly. She’s trying to get ride of me? It’s strange. She usually is never like this. It’s almost like she has something to hide, but I won’t ask what. I remember the talk Ai and I had a few days ago about Eri. And I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable when she’s around me. Besides we’re still getting to know each other.

“Ok you don’t have to yell about it. I’ll see you another time then.”

She nods, she probably feels guilty. I don’t know if it’s me, but she looks like she wants to say something. But, she said nothing and instead, looks away. Whatever it is that’s bothering her, it’s hurting her badly inside. I can tell in her eyes. I really want to help, but how can I help her without making her feeling like I’m invading her space? I’ll let Eri set the pace. I turn around to walk away. Our conversation was long over. I might as well go home. As I walk, a bunch of guys make their way pass us. I don’t think much about them. They’re mumbling and looking back to Eri then me a few times, but I don’t pay any mind. It’s only when I hear Eri give out a loud squeal and the group of guys chuckling; that I really pay attention then. Immediately, I spin around.

Did they just do what I think they did?!

My blood begins to boil just thinking about what they could have done to her!
Eri’s face is flushed; both hands are on her butt. The group of guys kept walking, laughing at one another. One tall guy gave, his short guy friend a high-five. I now know who did what. Seeing their smirks make my face burn with rage. I won’t let them get off so easy. Eri tries to stop me, but I open my mouth before hers.

“Hey! Assholes!”

They turn around. They aren’t smirking this time. They’re mad and that’s what I want them to be. They glare down at me since they’re much bigger than me, but that doesn’t scare me. I’m too angry to care. I also never back down from anyone. No matter how tall or strong they are.

“What did you say?” One guy hisses

The group walked closer, surrounding me by all sides. I place both hands on my hips, staring straight into their eyes. I could hear Eri whispering, pleading for me to stop and leave them alone. Screw that! Those guys touched her in a place they shouldn’t have! Thinking about it only adds more fuel to the fire. I’m not letting them go. I’m going to give them a piece of my mind.

“You heard me!”

The two guys beside the short guy that groped Eri’s butt go silent. They must have never seen a girl who wasn’t afraid of them to talk back. I’m glad to be their first then, I’ll leave one hell of an impression.

“I can do whatever the hell I want! You have problem with it well that’s too damn bad then, isn’t it?” The short one laughs

I try to contain myself from wanting to punch this bastard’s teeth out and breaking his face. I would do that normally. I never did talk about why I was going to punch someone’s lights out back in Fukuoka. I just do it and that’s that, but I’m trying to keep my new slate clean and start no problems. I already had enough back at Fukuoka. And there’s no telling how dirty that slate was. My fists shake from trying to hold all my hatred inside. I’ve gotten better. Normally I would punch someone’s face in after three seconds. This has to be a new record.

“Yeah, well, I would like to see you try what you did to her, on me then! You think you can get away with that?”

He grins at me with his stupid little smug smile. I want to just smack that look off his face so bad! He’ll get what’s coming to him though, if he has enough guts to do what I dared him to. He rubs his hands together looking at me like I was some piece of meat and reaches out. I stand there waiting. I’m waiting for him to get a little closer. His hand goes out straight to my chest. I feel one side of my mouth twitch into a fierce sneer. His finger taps my chest and in that second; I send my fist towards his stomach. He bends over in pain. I grab his head and slam my knee to his face. He falls to the ground yelling. His friends look at me in shock. I walk over to one of them and grab him by the collar of his uniform shirt. I place him so we’re meeting eye to eye.

“If you EVER come here again and touch HER, me, or ANY of the girls here…you’ll end up with something broken, got it?!”

He nods frantically. His face is covered in sweat. I push him to the ground watching him scurry off the floor. I was so busy looking at him, I forgot the other guy. He was sneaking behind me, for a hit.

“Reina watch out!” Eri screams

I turn my head and quickly run out from his range just before his fist met my head. He falls to the floor and I kick him a bunch of times. I hate when people try to sneak up on me. That’s another thing that pisses me off. I kick him again in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him. I was beyond angry. I repeatedly kicked him over and over. I was lost in my own anger. I felt something soft and warm on my shoulder.

“Please stop?”

I stop mid-kick. Eri looks at me freaked. She shouldn’t see this side of me. This part of me was supposed to be in the past. It was supposed to be left back at home. But I guess it is true when they say: “Old habits die hard.” I feel bad for having to put her through this. I soften and nod. The three guys get up and run away. That ought to teach them to mess with me! I cast my eyes down to my feet.

“I’m sorry.” I whisper
Eri puts both hands on my shoulder getting me to look back up.
She puts on a forgiving smile. It isn’t a happy one, but it’s better than having to see her so terrified because of me. She drops one hand at her side and the other one slides down my arm and wraps around my wrist. I feel a tingle run up and down my arm when I felt her skin touch mine. I’ve never felt this strange feeling before.

“Let’s just go home, ok?”

I nod. I don’t look her in the eye again.

“I can…walk you home.”

It’s the least I can do for making her nearly die of a heart attack.

“Ok.”

I lift my head. I was a little happy that she agreed. I’m not sure why, but I was. I guess I just like being around her. She might not talk much to me, but even in those few words I feel that I have to be around her. I smile. She leads me in the direction to her house. We’re quiet most of the time. I can’t tell if it’s a good type of quiet. I feel that I should say something for my behavior, something to comfort her.

“I’m sorry.”

I went over that already! It seems that’s all I can say for now. This whole talking thing isn’t going so well. Eri glances at me, but she keeps walking. She doesn’t turn around. The grip on my wrist tightens only a little. Is she angry? I really can’t tell. Ok…I’ll just try again.

“I didn’t…mean to scare you. It’s just…when I see guys do that to girls. It makes me…SO mad! That’s how I got expelled at my last school, honestly.”

She stops. Maybe I shouldn’t have told her the last part. I was never good at talking unless it was blunt. And not a lot of people like it when I’m straightforward. Not that I care, it just keeps me out of trouble and that’s something I want to keep to the minimum. I can’t tell the expression Eri has this time. I’m a little jittery. She’s the first friend I’ve told about me being expelled. I feel that I can with her though.

“How many times did you get expelled?” She asks, softly

I’m a little timid to answer. I don’t know what she’ll think of me after I tell her. It’ll be bad enough to have teachers after me once those boys squeal on me. I don’t need her to baby me into doing the right things. She’s a little impatient. I sigh. Being sure to keep my emotionless face on and my ‘I-don’t-care’ attitude in check.

“I’ve been expelled three times.”

She looks at me surprised. She’s speechless and I can’t tell which one is better, Eri probably lecturing me on doing the right thing or being silent. I look to my shoes. I kick a rock far to the side and watch it skid across the street smoothly.

“You’re not going to be expelled again are you Reina?” She sounds frightened

That’s something new someone’s told me. I lift my head. Her face looks a little down. She’s not asking how I got expelled that’s good. I shake my head. She smiles, her hand laces through my fingers and locks into place. My heart starts to race quicker than it ever had before.

“I don’t want you to get expelled again. I like having you around already. I want you to stay with me.”

I smile too. My stomach flutters. I have someone who knows the truth and they still want to be friends with me. For some reason, my body suddenly feels hot. I’m uneasy again and begin to fidget. What is it with me today?! My confidence just went out the window abruptly. Eri starts walking again down the sidewalk. Our hands are still in the same handgrip the whole time. Strangely enough, I don’t want our hands to part…ever. I want them to stay together just like that. It’s silent the entire way, but it isn’t filled with high tension like before. Everything is more relaxed. It didn’t take us long before we reached Eri’s house.

“I’ll…see you tomorrow.” She mumbles

Bashfully she looked away and tucked a short piece of black hair behind her ear. She looked cute when she did that. I walk her to the front door. I was sure to keep our hands still together along the short walk.

“Eri…if you need anything…I’m always here for you.” I vow

Her eyes light up and slowly a smile appears. It’s a real smile this time, one that shows all her teeth. She has a cute little fang on the side. Without realizing, I’m smiling too, the same way. She bows her head and slowly; our hands break apart. I stop myself from frowning feeling our hands slip away. When they’re both no longer connected, I feel a little strange with it gone. I make sure to hold my smile in place and watch Eri go safely inside. I let out a soft sigh. I look forward to see her again.

Offline tay

Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/10)
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 12:23:50 AM »
^^ Great chapter finally a moment Tanakame  :mon firecrack:
it is good for seeing Reina kicking  :mon woo: ones butt :mon beam: ,  Eri if it worries so much about Reina :mon lovelaff:, does not want that Reina either banishes from again.
walking of hands given  :imdead:
~~Gambare  :mon thumb: ~~
s2 TanaKame s2 / s2 TakaGaki s2

Credits for sig  anuskyna

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 01:28:40 AM »
Wai~ Tanakamei~~ :wub: Ah, I've got a question though:

Bashfully she looked away and tucked a short piece of black hair behind her ear. She looked cute when she did that. I walk her to the front door. I was sure to keep our hands still together along the short walk.

Black hair? Does this mean it's taking place back when they were younger? *runs to check previous chapters*

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2008, 02:06:32 AM »
Well I've made them kind of young. I know I haven't really told anyone the ages.  I kind of haven't decided on that yet lol I put Eri with black hair because I think it looks good on her and the short hair because the short hari is cute on her. Risa and Ai hard the oldest of the girls, but they aren't seniors. I don't know if this makes sense or if I'm confusing you more. Sorry =/

Offline tay

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2008, 02:58:24 AM »
But between the 2007 and start of 2008 she was with the black hair and little short  :P

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2008, 03:20:02 AM »
AAAAAH!! I completely forgot that she dyed it back while it was short. *smacks self* How could I forget one of my favorite Kamei hairstyles. *wallows in a corner in shame* But yes, that hair style did look good on her.  I guess I'm just automatically linking black hair to little Eri. Whoops. :sweatdrop:

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »
oh yea! :D

aw, this chap is so cute~ <3 TanaKame  :wub:
ohemgee, Yankii Reina!!  XD XD  :bleed eyes:

hehe, still sweet at the end though..vowing like that..  :wub:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »
CHAPTER 10

The weekend went by quicker than I could keep up and before I knew it; I was back in school again and it was Monday. I hated Mondays. They weren’t the greatest days for me. I might as well make the best of it though.
On the plus side, she'll probably see Aichan-tachi again. :)

Quietly minding my business, I heard my friends call my name.

“Reinaaaa.”

I spun around and quickly ran away from Sayu. She was running after me, trying to hug me. But I get the feeling it’s going to turn more into just a hug.
So true.  :lol:

“I’m not like that all the time. Only when I’m drunk.” She says sweetly

Why don’t I believe that?
I don't think she needs to concern herself with "why" right about now. XD

At the corner of my eye, Koharu shifts. She looks kind of…sad? What’s up with her again? Risa cuts in defensively; all my forming questions about Koharu come to an end.
Hmmmm...looks liek we're on a bit of a touchy subject here. :O

*JEALOUS RISA REACTION*
Awwwww...:oops:

Ai-chan, your birthday is coming soon!” Risa announces

Her birthday?! This soon? I’ve never celebrated a friend’s birthday before. I do have friends over at Fukuoka, but those aren’t really my friends. I watched everyone argue with Ai. Saying, “How celebrating her birthday is important” She was fighting back saying, “It isn’t.” It’s pretty interesting. She is kind of stubborn.
Heh, Aichan's like me when it comes to bdays in that she doesn't like to play it up and make a scene about it. 

Eri joins the group lost on what is going on. Hopefully, she remembers the news about Ai’s birthday. She looks to everyone still clueless. She raises a brow, her forehead scrunching up in confusion. Even with the small worry lines, she looks so cute. Sayu cries out and smacks her forehead with her palm.

“You always forget Eri! It’s like this every year. Next week is Ai’s birthday.”
Well, even if Eri's memory didn't suck so much, if the hints from the last couple of chapters are any indication, you can't really blame her if it's not the foremost thing on her mind as it looks like she probably has quite a bit to deal with already.

I grabbed my belongings and left in a hurry. I met Eri out front. She spotted me and smiled, waving. I felt my stomach bunch up into a tight ball when she smiled at me. My hands automatically went to my tummy.

“Are you ok?”

She looks to my hands on my stomach. I put them to my side, chuckling nervously. My ears burned from embarrassment. Hopefully she couldn’t see it. I’m sure I looked like a complete idiot to her. I just keep smiling, nervously. Say something!

“I’m fine. I suddenly had a stomach ache for a second.”

She looks concerned.

“You aren’t getting sick are you?”

She’s so caring. That’s so sweet of her. Now, I’m sure, I’m smiling like a big idiot. She’s looking at me weird. Things are getting a little awkward really fast!
Reina = :dizzy:
Eri = :mon huh2:
Reina = :wriggly:
Eri = :dunno:

“I can walk you home.”

“No, no, it’s fine you don’t have to!” She denies.

She says that a little too quickly. She’s trying to get ride of me? It’s strange. She usually is never like this. It’s almost like she has something to hide, but I won’t ask what.
She's probably hit the nail on the head with that last thought. The others, whether they actually already know or not, have probably learned to just not pry so as to not upset Eri. If/when she's ready to tell Reina, she will.

As I walk, a bunch of guys make their way pass us. I don’t think much about them. They’re mumbling and looking back to Eri then me a few times, but I don’t pay any mind. It’s only when I hear Eri give out a loud squeal and the group of guys chuckling; that I really pay attention then. Immediately, I spin around.

Did they just do what I think they did?!
Reina = :mon mad:

*REINA BEATS UP DICKWAD*
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH REINA!!! :rockon:

Now let's just hope that this punk (and his 2 friends) are NOT the sons of some rich family that can cause Reina trouble.

“Please stop?”

I stop mid-kick. Eri looks at me freaked. She shouldn’t see this side of me.

“I’m sorry.” I whisper
Eri puts both hands on my shoulder getting me to look back up.
She puts on a forgiving smile. It isn’t a happy one, but it’s better than having to see her so terrified because of me.
Before she had met the others and started liking living there with her uncle, Reina likely wouldn't have cared if anyone saw her "vicious" side. Now though, there can be consequences that actually matter to Reina, like scaring the others enough that they won't want to hang around with her anymore. :(

She drops one hand at her side and the other one slides down my arm and wraps around my wrist. I feel a tingle run up and down my arm when I felt her skin touch mine. I’ve never felt this strange feeling before.
She doesn't know it, but it looks/sounds like  :heart: :heart: :heart:.

“You’re not going to be expelled again are you Reina?” She sounds frightened
Ooooooooooooh...someone wants Reina to stay!  :wub:

That’s something new someone’s told me. I lift my head. Her face looks a little down. She’s not asking how I got expelled that’s good. I shake my head. She smiles, her hand laces through my fingers and locks into place. My heart starts to race quicker than it ever had before.

“I don’t want you to get expelled again. I like having you around already. I want you to stay with me.”
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
:nya:

It didn’t take us long before we reached Eri’s house.

“I’ll…see you tomorrow.” She mumbles

“Eri…if you need anything…I’m always here for you.” I vow

Her eyes light up and slowly a smile appears. It’s a real smile this time, one that shows all her teeth. She has a cute little fang on the side. Without realizing, I’m smiling too, the same way. She bows her head and slowly; our hands break apart. I stop myself from frowning feeling our hands slip away. When they’re both no longer connected, I feel a little strange with it gone. I make sure to hold my smile in place and watch Eri go safely inside. I let out a soft sigh. I look forward to see her again.
:mon crazyinlove:

Offline anuskyna

• ecchi
  • Totally in love with Kamei <3
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2008, 08:17:33 PM »
OOH~~ YEAH! BADDASS REEEEEEEEEEINA! YEEEEEEEA! XD

Reina:  :mon unsure:

Me:  :mon hanky:

Eri:  :mon scare:

OMFG OMFG OMFG~! TanaKame~~ yay (H) XD

@writerjunkie: oooh, you read my fic? oooh, im happy~~ yay~! XDDD

woot, let's hope that nobosy is gonna know it, ppl does fint out really fast XD  Ley's hope, let's hope, nyaaahahaha~! XD

Ganbare~ Can't wait for the next one~

YoooooHooooooo~! XD

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
Eri is so sweeeet  :inlove:

i love reina  :wub: and yankee reina too  XD

Tanakame  :cow: :cow:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 01:20:47 AM »
CHAPTER 11

Entering the school grounds I saw a large crowd of girls standing in the far corner. It was kind of strange. I mean group of girls do hang in here waiting for class, but this one was different. This group was much bigger than normal. I wasn’t really sure what was going on and I wasn’t going to get into their business to get me in trouble either. I walked away. Not thinking much about it. I needed to get my books for class.

“Just shut her up already!” On girl yelled, from the crowd

“No…wait…”

My blood went cold when I heard that voice. I put two and two together and well I could guess the rest and guess what they were doing. I dropped my book bag and rushed toward the crowd of girls. I pushed them in all directions to make a path, cutting right through the middle. At the end of the path I made I saw, Eri standing weak as some girl held her by the collar of her shirt. Two other girls placed her arms behind her back. Seeing her exposed like this made something in me snap. Without thinking, I punched the two girls holding her arms straight in the face.

“Don’t you touch her!” I bellowed

I caught Eri as she fell to the ground. I could hear her crying. That made me even madder. The girl that was about to punch her frowns at me. She won’t anything to frown about after this. I stared straight into her eyes unafraid. I used my body as a shield to protect Eri.

“Reina…don’t.”

Hearing her voice made a part of me inside feel a little heartbroken. It also gave me more of an urge to beat the living crap out of this girl.

“He told me you were strong.” The girl laughs

“What are you talking…”

It suddenly hits me. She was talking about the boys I fought yesterday. They send those girls after her?!  If I see them again I’ll give them an even worse ass whooping! I’m done talking about this. I charge at her. Using both my hands, I slam her as hard as I could against the locker doors. I heard her head smack the metal the second she hit it. I just start landing punches all over any part of her body I could touch.

“Get her off me!” She cries out

Pair of arms pull me off and fling me to the ground. I ignore the pain burning through my shoulder when I met the ground and get back up to punch her again. The girls start yelling trying to fend me off, but I keep going at it hurting anyone in my way. A huge number of girls get a hold on me and I can’t find any space to break my arms free. I’m stuck.

“Break it up!”

Most of the girls run away. I look over the crowd of girls. It was a teacher. I didn’t care at the moment though. When my arms were free I looked back to Eri. She was hiding in the corner still crying. I hope they didn’t do anything to her. I raced over to her side.

“Eri?”

I place my hands gently on her wrist. Slowly, pulling her hands away from her face. Her cheeks were wet with tears. Her teary eyes met with mine and in a second her arms wrapped fearfully around my neck. I held her as she cried on my shoulder.

“It’s ok…they’re gone now. I won’t let them hurt you.” I don’t say anything else after that.

“Are you two ok?”

Some girl asks. She was a student. Behind her stood the teacher that must have broke up the fight. She didn’t look happy. I nod.

“You could bring Eri to the nurse’s office.” The tomboyish girl offers

That might be a good idea. Carefully, I stand up with Eri still in my arms crying. Her hold around me tightens. I rub her back soothingly.

“Eri, everything will be ok now I’m here.” I whisper, only for her to hear.

I feel her tight grip loosen. She sniffles and looks at me with a half-hearted smile. She trusts me and that makes me more not to let her down.

“Let’s go to the nurse’s office.”

She nods. The girl and teacher walk with me. Eri was quiet the whole walk to the first floor. The teacher talks with the main nurse for a few seconds and looks back at us.

“Take a seat. You two can stay here for now.” She gives me a death glare. “Be careful Reina, with a record like yours it doesn’t take much to get expelled again.” She walks out before I could ask her anything. I sit down on the couch to the side of the room.

How does she know my name? Who IS that lady?! I just made an enemy with a teacher that hates me. I’m screwed! The student that was still here placed a hand on my shoulder to get my attention.

“You don’t have to worry about Nakazawa-san. She’s always this stuck up. It ssn’t so bad if you get on her good side.”

I nod. Eri squeezes my hand. Firmly, I squeeze back to comfort her. She leans her head back on to my shoulder. She must be traumatized.

“I’m Yoshizawa Hitomi by the way. Just call me Yossie.” She holds out a hand in front of me

“Tanaka Reina.” I shake her hand

“You should be careful. The girls around here can get a little nasty. I would hate to see you hurt.”

I chuckle.

“You don’t have to worry about me. I’ve dealt with fights like this back in at home. It’s nothing new.” I shrug

The bell for class rings.

“I gotta go. You stay and watch after Eri will you?”

“I’m not planning on going anywhere.” I promise

Yossie waves good-bye and leaves. I look down to Eri beside me. She had fallen asleep. She looks cute as she lightly snores on my shoulder. Softly, I place her on to the couch and sit next to her. I would stay with her as long as I needed to.

Eri and I left the office near the end of second period. We didn’t talk on the way out. I figured it was better that way. I didn’t want to bring up any bad memories for her. I could still tell she was struggling from moments ago.

“I’m sorry if I seem needy,” She faintly speaks. I look at her as she thinks of what to say next. “It’s just…at home,”

“There you two are!” Risa yells, breaking the intense moment Eri and I were going to have.

I look back at Eri, she shakes her head at me and looks away. It must have been important. I’ll talk to her later in private. Risa seems too freaked out to notice our sudden change in behavior.

“You two had me so worried. There were rumors everywhere about what happened this morning!”

She wraps us into a protective hug. She looks like she’s about to have a heart attack. She starts asking us if we’re ok. She asks Eri a lot more questions than she did to me. All Eri does though is nod or says yes here and there. I think Risa acting like this has something more with her just being mother like. Everyone always seems so protective of Eri, almost to the point of babying her.

“We’re glad you’re ok Eri.” Ai smiles

Ending Risa from asking any more questions. She looks to me.

“And thank you for saving her when we weren’t around.”

I smile back. Sayu rushes to give Eri a hug. Seeing them like that kinda makes me a little…angry? I don’t know what it is or why I feel this way, but I do.

“You’re so brave Reina! I wouldn’t be able to take on those group of girls if I were you.” Koharu cheers

“Yes you’re so brave!”

Sayu clings on to my arm and I had little time to react to escape. She held me in a firm lock. I was stuck. She looks up at me brightly through her thick long lashes. I feel a little uncomfortable and look up at her. I gulp. I feel a little hot, strangely.

“Thank you for saving Eri.”

She hugs me. Faintly, I hug back. We stay like that for a few seconds. Her hands begin to wander and I slap them and pull out to safety. She grins at me almost in an innocent way.

“Uh…you’re…welcome?”

“If you want Eri, I can drive you home?” Ai kindly asks

Eri shook her head. I think leaving would be a good idea. Those girls could come back after school and I don’t want her to be hurt.

“I’ll be ok now. I don’t think I can have anymore days out of school.”

Can’t have any more days out of school? How many times has she not been in school?!  My mind begins to wonder. I’m taking a guess it has to do with whatever’s going on at home.

“You have good reasons to be out of school most of the time.” Risa defenses

She shakes her head again. I don’t get what’s going on, but like I’ve said before I won’t ask. I’ll have to wait for Eri to set the pace. I know what they’re talking about has to do with Eri’s family at home. Exactly how bad are things for her?

“It’s ok, really. You don’t have to worry.” She insists

They seem to buy it, because they don’t ask any more questions. I think it could be because they don’t want to pressure Eri. It gets oddly quiet after that. No one knows what to say. It’s a little uncomforting.

“Good to see that you’re better Eri.”

I turn around. It’s Yossie, but she’s with some other girl. She must be a senior like Yossie, I can tell by the uniform. The two of them make their way over. Eri cheers up and puts on a welcoming smile. Behind her eyes though, I can tell what she really feels. She’s hurting and something tells me it’s not just from today’s events.

“Hello Senpai!” Koharu waves joyfully

Yossie smiles while the other girl just gives everyone a hard stare. What her problem?

“Thank you, for earlier.” Eri bows

“Yes thank you very much.” Risa agrees

She’s back into her mother like stage again. Ai slips an arm around her waist to comfort her.

“It was nothing. This is Fujimoto Miki by the way. Don’t mind the glaring. That’s just her normal face.” Yossie chuckles.

Miki looks at her and smacks her on the shoulder. She’s giving Yossie a death glare now. We start laughing.

“Shut up Yoshizawa!” She replies back

“I’m just saying!” Yossie laughs, holding her hands up in surrender.

The bell rings making our small conversation short. She looks back at us.

“I’ll see you all later.” Then looks at me. “Try not to get into trouble with Nakazawa-san, will you Reina?” and then she’s gone after, with Miki behind her. I look back to my group of friends. We’re standing there looking at each other, quietly.

“Are you sure you don’t want a drive home Eri?” Ai questions again

“I’m sure. I can make it through the day.” She agrees

Koharu holds Eri into a hug. She seems worried too.

“Be careful ok Kamei-san? I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Eri smiles and pats Koharu’s gently on the head. Even with all her pain, she still holds on a brave face. Strangely, seeing her smile makes me feel sadder inside. She’s truly hurting and yet I can’t do anything. Can the others see it too? Why aren’t they doing something? I can’t stand to see her like this.

“Reina?”

I perk up and smile at her. Her smile comes back after she sees mine. I don’t want her to know what’s bothering me. She doesn’t need to worry about other things. I hold out my hand towards her.

“I’ll walk you to class.”

“Ok.”

She grabs my hand and walks off with me, leaving our friends behind. I can feel their stares into my back. I don’t say anything though or look at them. We just keep walking a long the halls. Eri squeezes my hand and I squeeze mine back. She giggles. Hearing her laugh only a little makes me feel so much better inside.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:35:54 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATE 12/14)
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 01:49:23 AM »
Ah poor Eri!! Why would anyone want to hurt her she's such a sweety.

And I'm with Reina, I wanna know what's going on at Eri's home.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 04:24:11 AM »
I'd like to show those girls a piece of my mind. And trust me, they won't be moving any time soon. :angry:

Aw, Eri was so close to telling Reina! Meh, we'll have to wait then. And woo for Yossy and Miki making an appearance! :cow:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »
CHAPTER 11
Entering the school grounds I saw a large crowd of girls standing in the far corner.

“Just shut her up already!” On girl yelled, from the crowd

“No…wait…”

My blood went cold when I heard that voice.
Oh shit no. :o

“He told me you were strong.” The girl laughs

“What are you talking…”

It suddenly hits me. She was talking about the boys I fought yesterday. They send those girls after her?!
Damn, they're even bigger punks than we thought.  :O

“Break it up!”

Most of the girls run away. I look over the crowd of girls. It was a teacher.
And of course, you KNOW that even though she didn't arrive on the scene until after the bullying had already begun and Eri was at risk of getting beaten up, Reina will be the one to get blamed for all this due to the fact that she's the new student, as well as her past record. :angry:

“Are you two ok?”

Some girl asks. She was a student. Behind her stood the teacher that must have broke up the fight. She didn’t look happy. I nod.

“You could bring Eri to the nurse’s office.” The tomboyish girl offers
Tomboyish girl? Yossi? :?

I'm REALLY hoping that the teacher is Yuko, for some reason.

The teacher talks with the main nurse for a few seconds and looks back at us.

“Take a seat. You two can stay here for now.” She gives me a death glare. “Be careful Reina, with a record like yours it doesn’t take much to get expelled again.” She walks out before I could ask her anything. I sit down on the couch to the side of the room.

How does she know my name? Who IS that lady?! I just made an enemy with a teacher that hates me. I’m screwed! The student that was still here placed a hand on my shoulder to get my attention.

“You don’t have to worry about Nakazawa-san. She’s always this stuck up. It ssn’t so bad if you get on her good side.”
HA! IT'S YUKO!!! :muffin:

With any luck, Reina may have just found a possible kindred spirit...or at least someone who understands what it's like to have to try and deal with having a temper that fierce.
:mon sweat:

“I’m Yoshizawa Hitomi by the way. Just call me Yossie.” She holds out a hand in front of me
DOUBLE HA!!!  That makes me two for two.  :muffin: :muffin:

Eri and I left the office near the end of second period. We didn’t talk on the way out. I figured it was better that way. I didn’t want to bring up any bad memories for her. I could still tell she was struggling from moments ago.

“I’m sorry if I seem needy,” She faintly speaks. I look at her as she thinks of what to say next. “It’s just…at home,”

“There you two are!” Risa yells, breaking the intense moment Eri and I were going to have.
Dammit. She was starting to open up to Reina. :doh:

Sayu rushes to give Eri a hug. Seeing them like that kinda makes me a little…angry? I don’t know what it is or why I feel this way, but I do.
Quick, someone check the colour of Reina's eyes. :P

“Yes you’re so brave!”

Sayu clings on to my arm and I had little time to react to escape. She held me in a firm lock. I was stuck. She looks up at me brightly through her thick long lashes. I feel a little uncomfortable and look up at her. I gulp. I feel a little hot, strangely.
XD

She hugs me. Faintly, I hug back. We stay like that for a few seconds. Her hands begin to wonder and I slap them and pull out to safety. She grins at me almost in an innocent way.
I think you meant to say "wander".  :)

Devil-Sayu! :twisted:

“I’ll be ok now. I don’t think I can have anymore days out of school.”

Can’t have any more days out of school? How many times has she not been in school?!  My mind begins to wonder. I’m taking a guess it has to do with whatever’s going on at home.

“You have good reasons to be out of school most of the time.” Risa defenses
So Eri's had to miss a lot of school? By the sound of it, she didn't have much choice when it came to the days she missed.  :(

I turn around. It’s Yossie, but she’s with some other girl. She must be a senior like Yossie, I can tell by the uniform.
Rika, or Miki. :yep:

“Hello Senpai!” Koharu waves joyfully

Yossie smiles while the other girl just gives everyone a hard stare. What her problem?
Okay then. Miki it is. :lol:

This is Fujimoto Miki by the way. Don’t mind the glaring. That’s just her normal face.” Yossie chuckles.

Miki looks at her and smacks her on the shoulder. She’s giving Yossie a death glare now. We start laughing.

“Shut up Yoshizawa!” She replies back
The glare is an inherent part of Miki's awesomeness.
:wahaha:

“Reina?”

I perk up and smile at her. Her smile comes back after she sees mine. I don’t want her to know what’s bothering me. She doesn’t need to worry about other things. I hold out my hand towards her.

“I’ll walk you to class.”

“Ok.”

She grabs my hand and walks off with me, leaving our friends behind. I can feel their stares into my back. I don’t say anything though or look at them. We just keep walking a long the halls. Eri squeezes my hand and I squeeze mine back. She giggles. Hearing her laugh only a little makes me feel so much better inside.
:wriggly:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the grammer mistake JFC that's what happens when I have no beta lol. And you always make me laugh with the comments on the fic It's always good to hear from you.  :)

Offline KizuRai

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »
LOL How come Eri is always getting bullied in the fics that I read?!?!

but awww, the TanaKame-ness makes me melt ><
it's so sweet, and darn, interrupted just when Eri was about to open up to Tanakacchi
Oh well, that's to be expected

Haha yay~~ Seeing the appearance of Nakazawa-san makes things a little better
I don't really understand why, but I feel that Tanakacchi is a lot safer with her around XD

Can't wait to see the next chapter!!!!! :: stalks ::

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
yea boi! :D
new chap~  :P

SOSAM! : D , Eri-chan getting bullied.. Reina to teh rescue~
and then... Yossie and Yuko! woo. action! XD

OHHH. Miki-sama!  XD :wub:

awww. Reina walking Eri-chan to her class.
now im really curious. about Eri-chan..  :wub:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »
Chapter 10

I like jealous Risa!! Then again, I like Risa whenever :D

Chapter 11

“And thank you for saving her when we weren’t around.”

Somehow I don't think any of the other girls could save Eri in that situation except for Reina. Now I'm really curious, why does Eri have to miss school so much? Is she sick?

AAAAAH!! I completely forgot that she dyed it back while it was short. *smacks self* How could I forget one of my favorite Kamei hairstyles. *wallows in a corner in shame* But yes, that hair style did look good on her.  I guess I'm just automatically linking black hair to little Eri. Whoops. :sweatdrop:

Because it's Eri. Your brain just shuts down when you see her. That's why you didn't remember XD

Offline tay

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2008, 01:16:02 AM »
Yata New great chapter  XD XD XD
Eri does not have guilt of being devoid, had even though been the girls who had provoked it  :angry: , but what she will be that is happening in its house  :(
Reina is the prince mounted in the white horse, without horse, soon to rescue Eri of the bad girls, Reina was very brave if risking. :D
Reina with jealousy with  of hug of kameshige  :lol:
Yuko showing to its side Yankee  XD XD, Yossie and Miki also they are in fic  :mon star:

~~Gambare  :mon thumb: ~~

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Captain Straydum - Lone Star (album ver.)