JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Thu Oct 14 2010 Part 02

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 486219 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1840 on: February 02, 2009, 07:25:53 PM »
^ and ^^ Yup that sounds like a 'power-strip': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_strip

The little light uses some power but that is nothing compared to the computer/modem. The thing is,when you turn everything off with it and your Internet (modem) needs an hour to re-init/connect I also would think twice about turning everything of.

It depends on your modem, but the newer once use not much power and are made for 'always on'.
So its not so much the power-strip but more the modem that will consume power that might be a consideration for saving.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1841 on: February 05, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »
A lil question here: I'm using WinFF, a frontend for FFMpeg, and it allows for an additional command line parameter to be put in, so what I'd like to know is, whats the command I can use to increase audio volume during encoding?

Thanks for any help.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1842 on: February 05, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
It took some googling but this is what I found:
Code: [Select]
-vol volumechange audio volume (256=normal)

More command-line options are here.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1843 on: February 05, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
Thanks, tiny, for the command and the link.

My googling for this always turned up nada.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1844 on: February 06, 2009, 08:19:15 PM »
For all the javascript junkies out there: I have two tables with the same content of labels, textboxes and dropdowns titled 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' as the headings. Next to each of these headings is a button. How do I write events for this in javascript so that the table rows below the headings are hidden by default, but when the user clicks on the button, they extend and can be seen, ready for user input? I was thinking of using the AjaxToolkit and using the CollapsiblePanelExtender but the customer would prefer javascript, and as I have zero experience with it I was hoping someone could help me out. I'll try to see if I can get a desired diagram up here at some point, but not tonight. Too tired XD

Oh and it's written in Visual Studio 08 with ASP.NET

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1845 on: February 08, 2009, 12:06:29 AM »
hey guys, just wondering what's a great place to watch streaming japanese TV..I have TVUPlayer, but it won't show Japanese shows anymore..I have Keyhole, but that's all I know..any ideas?

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1846 on: February 08, 2009, 12:49:17 AM »
Keyhole is probably the best way I know of, it has most of the major network channels at watchable quality. You're streaming live TV, you can't get too greedy. You have to remember that it's other people streaming them from their own computers. You can probably get some Japanese channels through cable or satellite if you want HQ.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1847 on: February 08, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
I don't understand why my mic isn't working.

Everything's all plugged in, and when I tried testing the hardware (going to Control Panel, reading the text aloud, etc) - it doesn't seem to register my voice or any other sound.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1848 on: February 08, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »
It's not on "mute/ミュート", is it?

If you double click the speaker icon on the taskbar, you should be able to see the volume control.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1849 on: February 08, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »
^ Nope, nothing's on mute :(

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1850 on: February 09, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »
For all the javascript junkies out there: I have two tables with the same content of labels, textboxes and dropdowns titled 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' as the headings. Next to each of these headings is a button. How do I write events for this in javascript so that the table rows below the headings are hidden by default, but when the user clicks on the button, they extend and can be seen, ready for user input? I was thinking of using the AjaxToolkit and using the CollapsiblePanelExtender but the customer would prefer javascript, and as I have zero experience with it I was hoping someone could help me out. I'll try to see if I can get a desired diagram up here at some point, but not tonight. Too tired XD

Oh and it's written in Visual Studio 08 with ASP.NET
Aside from that AJAX is also using javascript (or vbscript, but its more for partial postbacks that this kind of simple things):

Make the rows hidden, and add a small javascript one-liner to the onclick event that sets them to visible (and cancels the bubble so there is no postback)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1851 on: February 13, 2009, 08:02:57 PM »
^ Brilliant! Actually had that as part of the code all along, but I had to give a serious overhaul to the structure of the web component and some fiddling about to make sure the right rows were hidden. Managed to get it though. I gave myself a high-five after that XD

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1852 on: February 15, 2009, 09:02:04 PM »
I need to convert a .mp4 file into an .avi file.  What is a good converter software to do that?  and hopefully, a free one?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1853 on: February 15, 2009, 10:39:52 PM »
I need to convert a .mp4 file into an .avi file.  What is a good converter software to do that?  and hopefully, a free one?
Try SUPER©?

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html (scroll to the very bottom for the DL link)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1854 on: February 18, 2009, 06:28:33 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

NEW QUESTION:  how do I add an extra track to a video?  or saying it in another way... How do I make a dual audio video file? 

with any video file format, though I'm especially interested in doing it on avi files...

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1855 on: February 18, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
^ Virtual dub?

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1856 on: February 18, 2009, 08:46:01 AM »
^ ^ AVI-Mux GUI can do it.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1857 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
I can't download torrents anymore. I didn't change anything.. I keep getting:

"11:48:30 - trouble accessing files - [Errno 2] No such file or directory:"

How can I fix it?

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1858 on: February 18, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
Googling for the error message gives this:
Problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: "C:\\Documents and Sett..."
    For some reason, Internet Explorer sometimes doesn't save the torrent file in the Temporary Internet Files directory properly. The solution seems to be to right click on the link and choose Save As..., and save the torrent file to disk, and then double-click the file to launch the client. Clearing the IE cache seems to help if this problem is recurring. It seems to be related to torrent files with square brackets (']' and '[') in the filename.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1859 on: February 18, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I tried the 'save as' method, but I keep getting the mistake. The torrent files have regular names, no square brackets in them  :wth

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Thu Oct 14 2010 Part 02