JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Tookumade

Author Topic: [News] Five HKT 1st Gen Members resign!  (Read 9805 times)

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
[News] Five HKT 1st Gen Members resign!
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:03:53 AM »
HKT48第1期生として活動しておりました江藤彩也香、古森結衣、菅本裕子、谷口愛理、仲西彩佳の5名より、「一身上の都合により、HKT48メンバーとしての活動を辞退したい」との申し出がありましたので、8月18日付けで受理したことをお知らせ致します。

突然の発表で申し訳ございませんが、本人の意向を尊重させていただきたいと思います。

握手会などの今後の予定については後日発表させて頂きます。
何卒、ご理解の程、よろしくお願い申し上げます。

Source: http://www.hkt48.jp/update/update_entry.php?id=11331501203

Translate:
We would like to notify everyone that we have received a request, dated August 18th, from 5 members of HKT: Etou Sayaka, Komori Yui, Sugamoto Yuuko, Taniguchi Airi, Nakanishi Ayaka stating the following, "Due to personal reasons, we would like to withdraw from all activities related to HKT48."

We apologize for the sudden announcement, however we would like to respect their intentions.

We kindly ask for your understanding.

To get an idea of the sequence of events, please go here:
http://gekikaraclub.tumblr.com/post/29603275131/hkt-news-tidying-up-facts-rumours-and-speculations

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:42:56 AM by SomethingWild »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: Five HKT 1st Gen Members resigns!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
Nothing confirmed as to why, but it seems that Yui Komori's case is somewhat different than the other girls. Speculation is beginning to mount, but official news offers very little information.

It is a shame for HKT48 to have a negative situation arise when they are starting to build momentum, but hope that everyone both active and  the new "graduates", are okay. The members, after all, are primarily middle and high school students.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: [News] Five HKT 1st Gen Members resign!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
^it's a crying shame  :smhid

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »
To quote Melos:
The members' profiles have already been removed from the HKT48 Official Website profile page, and their Google+ accounts will be deleted tomorrow, 19 Aug at 13:00 JST. More details regarding the handshake events involving those 5 members will be announced soon.

So, if you like those members, get downloading NOW  :panic:

Eto Sayaka: https://plus.google.com/u/0/116819083606243987960/posts
Komori Yui: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117429983367030282830/posts
Sugamoto Yuko: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104137648731435726318/posts
Taniguchi Airi: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115427275932470339841/posts
Nakanishi Ayaka: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106837344952867534542/posts

I'd previously posted something in the rumours thread, with links to Uitans' deleted graduation announcement, before the announcements happen and links to the other rumours: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=20753.msg1080194#msg1080194

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Other than Sugamoto I don't really know any of them, so I'm not that upset by these announcements. From what I understand Yui Komori didn't do anything wrong, so that sucks. We all know the entertainment world can be unfair and cruel. Too bad these young girls learned that lesson the hard way.

As for HKT48's future, I doubt it will greatly effect them.
- Team H has three open spots now, excluding Sasshi who officially isn't in a team yet.
- The three first gen HKT KKS look pretty cute. Maikomu ftw.
- The second gen HKT KKS consists of 34 girls at the moment

My guess is that they will fill the gaps and announce team KIII ( :lol: :nervous), forget this whole thing ever happened and move on with some shiny new girls.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
- Team H has three open spots now, excluding Sasshi who officially isn't in a team yet.

Sasshi is officially in Team H: http://www.hkt48.jp/profile/
They have been running as a 17-member team for a while now, they've even done some shows with 17 members, where they swapped in and out between songs...

AKB48WrapUp have translated some other members G+ comments about these graduations:

http://www.akb48wrapup.com/2012/08/hkts-mass-withdrawal-members-comments-to-the-5-members-hkt48s-future-and-their-resolutions/

Chihiro

Offline CtrlZee

• Undo
  • Member+
  • HAAAAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY TOOO YOUUU
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 05:46:23 AM »
Oh, the irony. The youngest group in the 48 world gets a scandal while they're still on the rise.

My HKT Oshi (A~nya) here is safe, but still. They're all priceless members. :pleeease:
From what I've read, I guess Sasshi had some influence over them to retire.
Oh, is this withdrawal permanent unlike Shiokichi and Akarin's case?
Can't blame Komori. Having a really strict and busy job that can down your spirit at a young age. I guess it was too much for her, being the same age as me.  :cool2:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 05:05:34 AM »
From what I've read, I guess Sasshi had some influence over them to retire.

:sweatdrop: If we could I'd like to ask for that rumor to not be presented as solid fact in this thread. I know there's a lot of Sashihara HKT noise out there about her treatment from a while back versus how these girls are treated now, and I've seen this mud around too, but from all I've seen there is no truth to it and it's just angry fans saying angry things. I honestly doubt they came to Sashihara and asked her what to do with these girls, just like I'm pretty sure no one asked her if she wanted to go to HKT48. If anyone has any proof to the contrary I'd be glad to stand corrected, but for now, let's not make a poopy on Sashihara for something she didn't do and had no part in.

It's a bummer to see girls I didn't even really know already gone, but it happens sometimes in idol land. I'm personally bummed to see Sugamoto Yuko go as she had the makings of a pretty awesome idol, and no I'm not just talking about her perfect cans. :lol: Still, I must admit most of the HKT girls I'm into are still there. Kodama, Miyawaki, and Matsuoka are the ones I've leaned toward so far, so I'm happy they're still there. Still, I saw some potential in some of these girls from the random appearances some of them were a part of. Sucks to see them go.

Idols, you can never predict what's going to happen. It's the best part of being a fan, and the worst.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »
Totally missed the note about the accounts being deleted at 1pm!  Added them to my HKT circle and when I came back they were deleted!  My fault for not being quicker?

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
Off topic, but why do they have to delete their G+ accounts(blogs in other cases)?
Is it run by their agency/management? Copyright?

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
^ Dunno? Why do they blur out images of graduated members when the show old videos etc? Really weird if you ask me...

Chihiro

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »
^ Dunno? Why do they blur out images of graduated members when the show old videos etc? Really weird if you ask me...
I've seen that happen in some Chinese news broadcasts, so it's not just AKB, or Japan for that matter.
I guess it's something about needing the person's consent to show their face in public.  Makes sense I guess, but it's
annoying, although that doesn't really answer why they blur out old members, since AKS should have all the rights
to do it..

Offline adsad

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
They didn't anymore if those old members had a new agency.

G+ account has AKS rights to censor or control contents(based on their deal with google), so AKS cannot do anymore if those members aren't theirs.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 04:24:46 AM »
Message from Sugamoto Yuko:

Translation credit Meroron:

Basically what she says

-There were two reasons she quit HKT
    - One of them is that she's finishing high school and is interested in chasing a career in cooking
    - Other is that she communicated with some fan(s) (?) through comments and mail apparently (for about 2 weeks?). Apparently the manager found out and got really mad at her.
    - She says she didn't smoke or drink, or meet with fans, and that she thought the rumors would just die down since there was no proof. But that since they started to be published in the newspaper and be talked about in television, she wanted to clear things up. She says no proof of it will come out because she didn't do it.
    - She was asked if she wanted to continue being an idol, and between feeling like she wasn't cut out to be one (the mailing with fans incident) and her interest in cooking, she was afraid she was beign half-hearted and quit. She says she might have regrets about quitting, but that if she hadn't quit she would've regretted it as well.
    - She says each girl had different reasons to quit and that she doesn't really know why the others quit.
    - She'll be tweeting about her cooking on her twitter account @yukos_cook
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:31:22 AM by YKT »

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 07:39:51 PM »
^ Thanks for the info!

Assuming if in the end, what the four girls did was only communication with fan through comments & mails, then I think the whole mass graduation could have been avoided, & was unnecessary.

I think it fair to say the management exerted tremendous pressure on the four to resign, otherwise having four members resigning for separate personal reasons simultaneously is too much of a coincidence. Communication with fan is against the rule, & some form of penalties should have been given. But if this was the only offence, it is much lighter then sasshi's, & I believe they certainly should have given them another chance like sasshi indeed.

Now, I am not blaming sasshi for this ordeal, nor am I saying she should have been punished more severely then she should, but rather that these four, being so young & with great potential, should not have been punished so heavy handed. Haters might be unreasonable, I believe many irritated fans have legitimate reasons to be upset &/or angry at sasshi &/or management, & that reason is question of fairness.

Although many things still remain in question, & the theories put forward by fans can still potentially be true, I think it is fair to say that the 48 management have been plague by a fairness issues in regard to how it react to scandals. Management reaction to scandals in AKB, NMB, SKE (which I do not know much about, & would appreciate if someone can tell me more about it), & lastly HKT, are vastly different. Certainly, making a decision is hard, & with different expectation from fans, making the perfect decision might not even be possible. Nonetheless, I do feel there are remedies to fix this fairness issue.

Why not have some clearly written rule made available to all, with Specific Penalties assigned to each rules (like the law)? For example, one can have a three-months suspension penalty for communicating with fans, six months for meeting privately with fans, one year for having a boyfriends, many many years for illegal stuffs, etc. Don't have to follow there settings, but with such a system, several benefits can be gained:

1. Decision can be made much more easily & quickly (by management, as there is a basis to make decision)
2. Everyone will know the consequences of not following rules.
3. It will be fairer, as penalties are now assigned based on a set of laws.
4. Due to 3, more acceptance from fans, less hate, & maybe less upset fans.

Of course, there's a lot more to making a decision regarding penalty to members other then the offence, such as the agency of the girls, circumstances regarding the offence, amount of evidences, etc. But I do think it would be nice if my above suggestion  can be adopted in some ways.

Sorry for a long post, just a thoughts.

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:24 AM »
I think it would be a bit over the top if there were concrete rules, saying:
1. If you privately communicate to a fan you get suspended for a month.
2. If you are seen with a fan, you don't get paid for ...

I feel that something like that wouldn't work. If you think about it, not knowing the punishment would give a person
greater incentive not to do anything not "idol-like". Say there is a light punishment for one thing, members could
technically weigh in on if the action is worth the consequence. Also, I think that it would give fans more ground to
accuse them of a double standard, because there will definitely still be lighter punishments for more popular members,
if they do something that calls for a severe punishment.

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
^Good day WindCaliber:
I agree that it is very unlikely that such a proposal ever be adopted, as management will probably want as much say in such a case as possible, & such a proposal restrict such power. I don't think having such a rule will be over the top however, they already have a "no dating" rule, so what I suggested basically only details & specifies the rule. Certainly not something we ever seen before in the industry, but the theater & stage concept was new when AKB first come out, so change might be good. Might be that is. :nervous

Not knowing what specified penalties for certain infractions also does not necessarily give them incentives to obey the rules, as alternatively, members can hope to get away with getting caught instead. It depends on the mindset really, whether the members will see uncertainty in penalties as a risk or a loophole. Additionally, it is definitely a loophole if a member is either: 1. popular or 2. a favourite of management. I agree that low-penalty rules might not serve as a deterrent thou.

As for more ground for fan to call out double-standards, I don't think fan will necessarily be more outraged with or without such rules as a double-standard already exist currently, & nothing will change if management doesn't follow their own rules. Certainly management will want to give out lighter punishment for more popular members, & that is exactly what my proposal aim at fixing, the question of fairness.

Once again I do agree that it is unlikely that such proposal be adopted, but it just an idea that I thought would be nice if considered. Overall, I do think AKB management is better in comparison to other idol managements, as they are willing to give less-popular member some opportunities (Misaki's enka solo, Sakiko's piano solo, etc etc.) Nonetheless, there do exist a fairness issue, & adopting this might be a plus.

Thanks for commenting btw.

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 05:04:12 AM »
^YW  :)
By the way, I saw this online so I decided to look it up, and it turns out it's true!
The account in which the video was uploaded, ichirosgmt, bought 221 senbatsu voting tickets! lol
Is this normal for idols' parents(dad?) to do this? (google translated)

Edit: It cost 195,000 yen ~ $2500.

Edit #2: Didn't feel like double posting, but that video has 1 million+ views, didn't expect it to get that high.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:54:33 PM by WindCaliber »

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 06:52:44 AM »

AKB“学校化”計画 成績表に校則、保護者会…意識改革狙い

Rough + summarised translation

AKB turning into a school plan.

This is an interview with TGSK.
After Maeda Atsuko graduates, AKB 2nd phrase will start.
Even though the center for the 27th single is Oshima Yuko, but whether this will continue is uncertain.
There are members who are better than the senbatsu members, the reason why they are not in it is because of the lack of awareness.
The first generation only had 7 people watching them. On the otherhand, the members that joined after that have not experienced struggling and withstanding hardships. Reforming of consciousness is essential for a new Ace.
Reshuffling of the groups was only part of the revolution.

If the members have any problems from now on, they would be dealt via respective punishments, known as 「School Rules」
The 「Report Card」 for the members will be based on the amount of fans they have, but it might be given out monthly. They are also considering a 「Meet the parents session」 so that the members would be able to understand AKB’s 「School Rules」 before they enter.

The goal is to turn AKB into a 「Prestigious school」. After the current senbatsu members graduate, there would be good students(stars) one after another to replace them.

AKB is a 10year plan. It’s only into it’s 7th year now. There are still 3 more years. TGSK believes its a crucial stage next year.
Well don't I look silly now...

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »
^
^ I don't know if it is normal for members' dad (or themselves) to purchase voting tickets to power-vote themselves, but I am not  surprised by it happening. If I myself have a daughter in the AKB family, & I happen to be able to spare some $2,500 bucks, I would be more than happy buy some 221 voting tickets for her. The benefit of ranking can potentially offset the investment by advancing the member's career, & I think most dad would love to be able to contribute to their daughter's career.

Some might wonder whether it is ethical to do so. My personal view is that there is nothing ethically wrong with it, as the voting system is supposed to allow multiple votes from one individuals, & doing such action does not abuse the system is anyways too.

^ We don't know what exactly entails in the [School Rules], so it might be similar to what I suggested, or not at all. I did not expect it to be adopted too, & your points regarding my suggestion were legitimate too, so worry not, you don't look silly at all.  :)

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Tookumade