JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - sweet suicide summer story

Author Topic: [10.03.22] 2nd Album Repackage "Run Devil Run" (MV p.9)  (Read 105827 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [10.03.22] 2nd Album Repackage "Run Devil Run" (w/ teaser)
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2010, 02:24:20 AM »
I have very few words of it and from how it sounds, wow where's the creativity in this whole process? 

In any case, was this supposedly something that was planned or just rushed out?  I don't mind the song or any background of it, but it is quite whack when it is a Western-type song as the "guide."  I think in a sense disappointed but the song is perfectly fine
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2010, 02:26:47 AM »
Eh, it doesn't really bother me that much. This is kinda like an SM thing anyway. XD

Plus, I've shut Kesha out from my world, so all is cool. :P

Girls' Generation - Run Devil Run.mp3 (320kbps)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nwjdngktjnm

Where's the beat in the teaser????

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2010, 02:27:26 AM »
Hmm, I think I'll wait for the MV.

It's alright... could have been better... :\ Slightly disappointed with SM....

At least the jacket looks hawt.  :inlove:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:04:28 AM by Fenrir »

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41:31 AM »
Whats this, the 3rd time they have bought it from an international company or whatever so its not uniquely their's?
What were the other ones? I know there was something with DBSK's "Mirotic", but I haven't heard of anything else.

I expected the song to be much better, but I actually like it. I am disappointed that it doesn't have the awesome beat in the teaser, though. =/

I think the poster/cover whatever it is is really cool. Who's in it, by the way? And I love the "Black Soshi" pictures, especially Hyo's. :wub: The only thing I don't like is Yoona's hairstyle. :ph43r:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2010, 02:44:03 AM »
^ Genie and I pretty sure there was one before that but don't remember.
And if this IS from the same people as Genie, SM needs to be smarter in their business decisions and do a little research beforehand, for reals!

And your second comment is exactly why I said I wouldn't get my hopes up from the teaser, sneaky people :P

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2010, 02:45:12 AM »
Yo at least they look hot as hell. Best is yet to cum.

I'm saying, doesn't matter what the song sounds like. I'll just put on the "Oh!" audio, turn on this video (coz it will be hot or *facepalm*), mute it and whip the you know what out. :thumbsup
[/url]

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2010, 02:45:34 AM »
The teaser was a completely different song. :lol: Bastards.

Yea, the song is all over the place. Chorus is alright.

I have very few words of it and from how it sounds, wow where's the creativity in this whole process? 

In any case, was this supposedly something that was planned or just rushed out?  I don't mind the song or any background of it, but it is quite whack when it is a Western-type song as the "guide."  I think in a sense disappointed but the song is perfectly fine

^ It's a common process. A composer creates the song and either does the guide themself or gets someone to do it before passing it off to the final artist. I remember hearing some parts of demo versions of MM songs with Tsunku singing (Inaba Atsuko used to do them too). I guess Kesha just happened to do this one?

It's not just SM every company does it because that's the way the process works (although they have done straight up covers too). Just bad luck it leaked, and it definitely wasn't rushed out because supposedly they have been sitting on it for a while.

The jacket cover is the most glorious thing I have ever seen. :bow

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2010, 02:49:13 AM »
And your second comment is exactly why I said I wouldn't get my hopes up from the teaser, sneaky people :P
Well, when I heard the Oh! teaser, I loved it even without hearing any of the words and I was hoping that Run Devil Run would be the same, but I guess I was disappointed since my expectations were so high. I haven't heard Ke$ha's (why does she have a dollar sign in her name? It's hard to type, and I keep making typos. XD) version of the song, but it still sucks that it's a "cover". Oh well.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »
Argh, how can people say that SNSD's version is the only legit one coz youtube deleted Kesha's version. You can't deny that Kesha DID record it fairly! Man this is gonna be a bitch fight... if SM blocks Kesha's version on youtube, Kesha fans (if she has them *cough*) will riot!

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:51 AM »
classic teaser strategy.

I don’t know what to say, I mean I like the song but I thought it could have been better or maybe I was expecting a bit too much from Girls’ Generation or the release was hyped up to much. But one thing is for sure, Girls’ Generation did not disappoint me, SM Entertainment did.

The MV needs to be awesome, it is what’s left of this release in my opinion. It is SM Ent.'s last card...

run devil devil run run...

I :heart:Reina and Seo Hyun | I :heart: Kpop

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
Yeah, it was fine. Not my cup of tea, but as a song, it's A-OK.

I personally don't care at all about the Ke$ha thing. The explanation seems credible and besides, my care for her is minimal that I would never go out on a whim to listen to any of her 'music' :)

Looks like that SNSD/Lupe collabo won't be going down anytime soon now.

I'd just like to say that while this may not be considered a success in SM trying to take a new direction, this will mark the beginning of a new change in the K-Pop genre, I feel. I look forward to where this all takes us. I reckon they're trying to take another step towards the Western music culture. Soon we'll be hearing them down here in Australia :lol: (I wish :P)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2010, 03:02:38 AM »
Argh, how can people say that SNSD's version is the only legit one coz youtube deleted Kesha's version. You can't deny that Kesha DID record it fairly! Man this is gonna be a bitch fight... if SM blocks Kesha's version on youtube, Kesha fans (if she has them *cough*) will riot!

To be fair it was leaked unfairly (illegally) and is causing a lot of misinformation. :lol: I doubt SM even knew there was a demo of it on YT and that it was by a famous artist. Most songs don't have the test stuff released but it just happened to be done by someone known so it got dug up.

She does have a lot of fans too. Every chick I know had TiK ToK as their ring tone at some point. :bleed eyes:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:15:52 AM by zoolander »

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2010, 03:24:48 AM »

^ It's a common process. A composer creates the song and either does the guide themself or gets someone to do it before passing it off to the final artist. I remember hearing some parts of demo versions of MM songs with Tsunku singing (Inaba Atsuko used to do them too). I guess Kesha just happened to do this one?

It's not just SM every company does it because that's the way the process works (although they have done straight up covers too). Just bad luck it leaked, and it definitely wasn't rushed out because supposedly they have been sitting on it for a while.

This. Don't call it a cover.

Anyway, I like this song better than Oh! which isn't saying much. At least the girls sound good. Look forward to the perfs. I hope people aren't hating the song just cause Ke$ha did the guide :lol:

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2010, 03:37:44 AM »
people will forget Ke$ha once the MV is out.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2010, 03:50:04 AM »
I like the chorus. That's about it. If only the beat went as hard as the teaser.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Hiatuslacuna

« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2010, 04:38:32 AM »
people will forget Ke$ha once the MV is out.
Please god.  I hope that people for forget that one-hit wonder.  (She's only been popular here in Quebec for a bit, and to me, she's already worn out its welcome)
Tae, Jessica, and Tiffany can out sing that strumpet any day of the week.

After a few listen throughs of the song its not too bad.  I too was expecting something close to the teaser, but alas no.  But its not without its own charm.  The chorus is deliciously addicting.  The kind where it gets stuck in my head at work and I start repeating it without even noticing.  (therefor freaking out my co-workers.)

Sorry for the minor off-topic at the top.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:49:56 AM by Hiatuslacuna »
-- Maker of Slave's sigs... --

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40:14 AM »
if they released that kind of teaser, the real song should have been a cover of superstar by cypress hill :lol:

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2010, 05:02:24 AM »
I didn't really love it on the first listen, but I guess cause it was right after listening to Kesha's XD. After an hour or so, I listened to it again and I actually like it. I liked the music they played in the teaser though, they should have added that beat instead to spice it up a bit.

Here is hoping the MV will make me like the song more. Taeyeon in the teaser  :heart: :heart:
Can't wait to see the MV!!

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2010, 05:57:13 AM »
I forgot about her already XD. Maybe because I've never paid much attention to her in the first place.

It's actually growing on me. "You'd better run run run run run~" very addictive. And I like that, for once, there's a song that Yuri can sing without straining her voice. Wish they'd give Hyoyeon some real singing line coz I think this song suits her voice.

There's an interview with their stylist, she said that Yoona didn't cut her fringe yet, they'll just make her wear a wig for now. And that some of them might get a haircut! There'll be more makeover for the first stage and they will look different from the teaser.

Please don't cut Yuri's hair... ;_;

I still think that the song in the teaser has to be one of new tracks! Seriously, it's so good they cannot just put it in the teaser and be done with it!

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2010, 06:57:40 AM »
Seriously, it's so good they cannot just put it in the teaser and be done with it!

I'll take your word for it Tama.

Also...please don't CUT kitten's hair.....

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - sweet suicide summer story