JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sgt. - Apollo Program

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 998785 times)

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
Watched the opening of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep... :shocked
Damn, that is the most epic Opening of all KH games! :w00t:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »
Weren't you suppose to wait to have it... ? 

:on yellcard:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Ugh.. yes.. but... it was ONLY the Opening!
I'll wait from now on and beware of any spoiler vids from YouTube... XD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #323 on: January 10, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
I can feel Forza 3, slowly but surely, creeping it's way into my life. I'm thinking about all the events you can go on and the tracks yet to be taken, the designs I could buy on the storefront. I bought some great Kill Bill/Persona/Final Fantasy designs for cars I don't even have yet. Some of the designs people have made are absolutely crazy, the level of detail they can get with those basic shapes. Unreal. I mean just look  :shocked:

The only thing missing from the game is a night track set in Tokyo like it had for Forza 1 and it would be complete!

Also, I found myself smiling when I saw one of the AI drivers had the name A.Takahashi. Is one of the developers a MM fan or pure coincidence? :lol: Either way, I like the idea of Takitty in a racing suit  :wub:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:10:48 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »
^ Dope! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Serious Sam is still mad entertaining after all these years :theking

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2010, 05:51:35 AM »
A music composer let it slip that he would be working on the soundtrack for Bully 2.
Yes, a sequel to my favorite game :D
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/11/bully-2-coming-according-to-games-composer/
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
Producer Says Metal Gear Solid Movie Won't Be Happening

I'm sorry to have to report this, especially for those who are big fans of the video game, but it looks like a Metal Gear Solid movie won't be happening for a long time. Collider caught up with producer Michael De Luca recently and asked him about the status of the Metal Gear Solid movie. Unfortunately De Luca didn't have any good news. "I don't think it's going to move forward because I got the sense that there may not be enough of a coordinated will at this point on the side of certain parties to see a movie get made." As in, Konami, the creator of the game, isn't that interested in any of Sony's ideas. Maybe it's for the better?

De Luca goes on to explain why exactly he thinks Konami isn't interested in making a movie right now. "The video game companies are very protective of their property and there are certain things a studio requires freedom-wise to market and distribute a movie effectively in a global marketplace and sometimes getting those two things to match up is really hard. And in the case of Metal Gear Solid, the agendas just… not because the parties weren't amicable, it was just kind of impossible to get the agendas to match up."

And you know what, I'm fine with Konami saying no to this, at least until they are ready to make it. Video game movies aren't in their prime right now, and I'm certain a MGS movie wouldn't live up to any of the games, so why make one if we know it's going to suck? I'd rather wait until video game movies pick up and they can make a proper MGS movie. We first wrote about a Metal Gear Solid movie way back in 2007 and followed that up in 2008 with an article where De Luca said that they were looking at having Kurt Wimmer write a script. But with this update today, it looks like we can forget about a MGS movie for the time being.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/01/11/producer-says-metal-gear-solid-movie-wont-be-happening/

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2010, 07:33:30 PM »
Not really surprised. Hideo Kojima seems like the sort that wouldn't want people messing with his baby, and they'd need to try to make the storyline make at least some sense for a movie to be successful.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Thing is you couldn't even make a movie on the most popular game of the series, Metal Gear Solid 1, as it already has a lot of back history that the audience wouldn't be aware of and which you couldn't possibly cover adequately within a 2hr time frame whilst you also have to dedicate more time to the main narrative. As a game it's not a problem as you're not expected to playthough the whole story in a 2hr period so you have more time to flesh the narrative out a bit and offer information to the player which they can catch up to in their own time.

So yeh, I don't see MGS working as a movie unless you make some massive cutbacks to the story and shorten it up a bit, which wouldn't please the MGS fans, which in turn alienates your target demographic before you even release the movie, and frankly gamers have had enough of having game franchises butchered in their transistion to the silver screen, even if the adaptations are of fighting games which don't have the greatest narrative to begin with.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2010, 03:55:14 AM »
There is another Kingdom Hearts game?..... I'm am way out of the loop....I need to visit this section of the forum more.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2010, 04:01:20 AM »
Thing is you couldn't even make a movie on the most popular game of the series, Metal Gear Solid 1, as it already has a lot of back history that the audience wouldn't be aware of and which you couldn't possibly cover adequately within a 2hr time frame whilst you also have to dedicate more time to the main narrative. As a game it's not a problem as you're not expected to playthough the whole story in a 2hr period so you have more time to flesh the narrative out a bit and offer information to the player which they can catch up to in their own time.

So yeh, I don't see MGS working as a movie unless you make some massive cutbacks to the story and shorten it up a bit, which wouldn't please the MGS fans, which in turn alienates your target demographic before you even release the movie, and frankly gamers have had enough of having game franchises butchered in their transistion to the silver screen, even if the adaptations are of fighting games which don't have the greatest narrative to begin with.

QFT. You can tell a much richer story with a video game than you could with a movie.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2010, 04:22:28 AM »
There is another Kingdom Hearts game?..... I'm am way out of the loop....I need to visit this section of the forum more.

Yay! Name's Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP. It's out since last saturday in Japan of course. :D

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2010, 04:38:32 AM »
Dammit! Yet another system I don't have yet.....

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2010, 06:52:23 AM »
Dammit! Yet another system I don't have yet.....

I use my PSP more than my other consoles combined.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »
I really didn't used my PSP o___o
I bought it only for games, that I really wanted (Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and Innocent Life: A futuristic Harvest Moon for the main reason XD)
Well... to be honest, I have only 12 games for my PSP...

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »
I don't have that many games for my PSP either, but most of the games I do have take a lot of time to play (Disgaea and the crazy levelling for example...). But I do use it a lot in the end. ^^;

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2010, 03:53:10 AM »
I don't have that many games for my PSP either, but most of the games I do have take a lot of time to play (Disgaea and the crazy levelling for example...). But I do use it a lot in the end. ^^;

Well... the PSP has not that many good games, I think... Most of the games for the PSP are VERY casual =_=

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2010, 04:00:43 AM »

Well... the PSP has not that many good games, I think... Most of the games for the PSP are VERY casual =_=

God of War, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, the definitive version of Final Fantasy Tactics, the GTA series, Dissidia, LittleBigPlanet, FIFA, Guilty Gear, Jeanne d'Arc, among others.

I think it does pretty well for itself in non-casual games.

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »
I'm playing Mega Man X5 and I find it funny how they would suggest players to select Zero for advance players yet X has a harder time making it thru levels then Zero. Ugh damn X for not having Z Saber in this game.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2010, 11:43:27 AM »

God of War, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, the definitive version of Final Fantasy Tactics, the GTA series, Dissidia, LittleBigPlanet, FIFA, Guilty Gear, Jeanne d'Arc, among others.

I think it does pretty well for itself in non-casual games.
[/quote]

I have Crisis Core and Final Fantasy Tactics myself XDD My PSP games are mostly RPG and Jump'n Run... (Tekken 5. Dark Resurrection is the only Beat'em Up game, I have for PSP XD)

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sgt. - Apollo Program