JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Park Amsterdam (The Whole Story)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997377 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #960 on: December 11, 2010, 07:09:01 PM »
Finally cleared up some space to try out the Enslaved demo. Heard conflicting reports when it came out about a dodgy framerate, stiff combat animation. While I was certainly more aware of it had I not read those comments before, it still didn't stop me really enjoying it. Those were some pretty epic setpieces and it looks like it tells a good story. Facial animations look amazing. Definately interested in trying it out. Still not happy with the developers making the next DMC game though XD

Also tried out the Tenchu Z demo. Random I know but I was browsing through the list and just thought why not?! It's bad, combat's probably worse than I imagined it and the AI offers absolutely no challenge at all. Now that's a series I think could do with a rethink. Make a new one set in the same time period but plays like Assassin's Creed. Would be amazing.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #961 on: December 12, 2010, 02:51:57 AM »
Fuck yeh! They announced Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, and it's out next year! :w00t:

VGA 10: Exclusive Debut Trailer - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #962 on: December 12, 2010, 03:32:12 AM »
I'm currently watching the VGA, and I think its bullshit how NPH won the award for best human performance from a male (voice-acting. lol) Talk about favoritism for the VGA host. His voice-acting was a joke compared to the other nominees. I'm not hating on NPH (I'm not a fan but he's someone I respect), but that award should have go to someone else.

And there was no debut of Saints Row 3!! Volition said they would debut it at E3 '10. E3 came, but apparently it wasn't ready. Volition then said that they would debut it at VGA '10. I was looking foward to this December day, thinking it would be a far away. It was a long time, the day comes, and no freaking debut!! :angry:  Does this mean I gotta wait til E3 '11!?  :banghead:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:03:51 AM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #963 on: December 12, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »
I know Meanie's going to be excited at this, they announced a new SSX game!

And as a surprise to me, Forza 4! :o I'll probably still be nowhere near completing Forza 3 by the time it comes out!

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #964 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »
I'm excited about this~~~! 8D

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #965 on: December 13, 2010, 08:25:25 PM »
Short teaser is short, and 2013 is quite a way away still, but... yeah. This could be interesting? 8D

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #966 on: December 14, 2010, 06:17:17 AM »
Guillermo del Toro's game I'll keep my eye on. He probably has my favorite eye for aesthetics of any director.

As for Skyrim... Dragons, Nords, Max von Sydows voice oh my!  :w00t:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #967 on: December 14, 2010, 10:37:58 PM »
Here's a code for two in-game items (a sword and a tattoo) for Fable 3 on Xbox, I have no use for it since I don't have the game.

RJRMW-JHXXY- 7Q2PY-DGW73-DD7PZ

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
Humble Indie Bundle - the sequel
« Reply #968 on: December 15, 2010, 06:09:31 AM »
Indie game developers are back at it again.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Same rules as last time:
- 5 Indie developer games.
- pay what you want. As little as 0.01 if you wish.
- Proceeds go to developers and charity (EFF and Child's Play). You have full control over allocation
- All games work on windows, mac, and Linux
- Unlimited downloads, no drm
- Bundle will be up till next tuesday.

3 out of 5 games still in 'development'. Though it looks like they are playable betas. Something to do after finals are done this friday.  :)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #969 on: December 15, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »

I paid a buck, because it was all that I had left in my Paypal. Machinarium is incredible, Braid is ok (if over-hyped), and the other games look promising for sure. Aout to install them, even :thumbup

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #970 on: December 15, 2010, 06:40:58 PM »
Here's another Fable 3 Code for a weapon and a tattoo.

RG6VQ-PM239-XKTRF-CHWTK-HDV7Z

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #971 on: December 16, 2010, 09:07:24 PM »

I was already impressed by the facial expressions in the first trailer, if they put as much work into the rest of the game, this will be epic.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #972 on: December 17, 2010, 01:41:40 AM »
^That does look incredible :shocked:

I paid a buck, because it was all that I had left in my Paypal. Machinarium is incredible, Braid is ok (if over-hyped), and the other games look promising for sure. Aout to install them, even :thumbup

Revenge of the Titans is an awesome game, guys. It's a RTS/Tower Defense style hybrid, has a great visual style, and audio to go with it. Been playing it a few hours a day :thumbup

Offline nodisplay

• ecchi
« Reply #973 on: December 17, 2010, 08:27:42 AM »
anyone ever play cave story (doukutsu monogatari) before? it's a freeware adventure platformer, and is a great game. just got the sudden urge to play it again. if you haven't, i recommend it!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #974 on: December 17, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
Oh Atlus, now I love you even more XD

http://www.atlus.com/holiday2010/

Aren't they cute?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #975 on: December 17, 2010, 06:36:31 PM »
The new Tales game, Tales Of Xillia looks awesome :o Hope it gets released here

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #976 on: December 18, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »
If you're a fan of Twin Peaks I strongly recommend you try and get a hold of Deadly Premonition for the Xbox360 :lol: The connection is obvious. The game looks and feels like a PS2 game, but don't let that stop you, it just adds to its quirkiness. And it's got plenty of quirkiness. This is the kind of game that manages to be over the top in a good way. The controls are kind of clunky, but playing it on easy removes a lot of frustration. I really enjoy the reaction-button sequences. I've played through the opening and parts of the first day, and the script so far is hilarious.

If this isn't enough to convince you, I can also add that the game has leaderboards. You can be best in the world at having the most number of shaves. Yes, you read that right.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 01:34:20 AM by twissie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #977 on: December 18, 2010, 01:51:10 AM »
Never played DP but I did watch a playthrough on Giant Bomb. As a game it looks like it has a lot of faults, dull combat in particular, and it certainly looks antiquated, but it definately has it's own charm. I think Francis York Morgan is one of the finest characters to come out of gaming in a long time. Doesn't fit in at all to a video gaming stereotype, completely unique, bizarre and as you'll see as the game progresses, complex. Truly a memorable character.

Oh and also, FK in the coffee. Clear as a crisp spring morning! :lol:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #978 on: December 18, 2010, 02:01:40 AM »
^
Ooh, so you've watched it all? Cool beans 8Db no spoilers, please! :lol:

That whole breakfast scenario was just glorious 8D omg hahaha. York keeps on talking to himself throughout this entire thing, though he addresses the person he's talking to as Zach, so we're sitting here going "omggg who the hell is Zach?!!" :lol: It's all very, very Twin Peaks-y. Some direct references too :D

I really don't mind "dull" combat when the story and script is this good. It plays more like a visual novel and I'm all for that.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #979 on: December 18, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »
Oh are you kidding?! I would never ever spoil a story for anyone who says they're enjoying it a lot. I've lived through the pain of having stories spoiled and I wouldn't wish it on anyone XD I will say this though, if you think it's bizarre now...you ain't seen nothing yet XD

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Park Amsterdam (The Whole Story)