JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: TaeTiSeo - Checkmate

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 998514 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1100 on: February 22, 2011, 11:35:14 PM »
Fist of the North Star's Challenge mode is ridiculous. Essentially a boss run between the 'Hokuto Four' or the 'Nanto Five' you're asked to fight each one in succession until the end and preferably in the shortest time possible. But here's the thing, I can't get past the first one in each! XD The boss characters have their attack and defense boosted up incredibly, to the point where if they land a combo on you, you can count your sorry ass goodbye. Absolutely crazy, I have no idea what I'd do when it comes to fighting Raoh who has (seemingly) unblockable projectiles. Wish I could unlock Raoh or Thouzer already, they're badass characters.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #1101 on: February 23, 2011, 02:52:05 AM »
Addicted to Battlestar Galacatica Online at the moment.  Saw someone named orac today... XD OH!  And a "JessicaJung" is at the top of one of the leaderboards. XD WTF

PM me or something if you also play! (I'm a Cylon, btw)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1102 on: February 23, 2011, 09:31:25 AM »
Fist of the North Star's Challenge mode is ridiculous. Essentially a boss run between the 'Hokuto Four' or the 'Nanto Five' you're asked to fight each one in succession until the end and preferably in the shortest time possible. But here's the thing, I can't get past the first one in each! XD The boss characters have their attack and defense boosted up incredibly, to the point where if they land a combo on you, you can count your sorry ass goodbye. Absolutely crazy, I have no idea what I'd do when it comes to fighting Raoh who has (seemingly) unblockable projectiles. Wish I could unlock Raoh or Thouzer already, they're badass characters.

Raoh might be a bit hard...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1103 on: February 24, 2011, 12:46:42 AM »
^ That move is essentially in the game! Just imagine it though having a wider spray and takes away a good chunk of your life bar when it hits!

Got Dead Space 2 for my birthday. That game is crazy and I'm only 30 mins into it *LOW SPOILER* That dude's face just burst open in the first 5 mins of the game!! WTF?! :o :o Good stuff, playing on Survivalist difficulty seeing as I played through the first game. I thought anything below that would kill suspense, and the Zealot difficulty not only sounds really hard, but it gives me an incentive to try out with a New Game + should it take my fancy. I'm properly creeped out by it when I thought I wouldn't be. Lights out, volume up, it's the best way to play it. Properly jumped out of my seat when wandering through that dark room and the TV suddenly switched on. :lol:

Also ordered my copy of Tactics Ogre for PSP. Hopefully it'll come Fri/Sat. Kinda doubt it though.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #1104 on: February 24, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
^
Yeah, DS2 is pure win.
I'm on chapter 8 if I can remember... Awesome game, sound is O_O and I play it in the same conditions as SH2  :P2
You'll scream during some horrific gameplay moments lol.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1105 on: February 24, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »
Not excited about Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim yet? No? You should be.

I'm loving the Morrowing music throwback. Good lord this looks awesome.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1106 on: February 25, 2011, 09:37:01 PM »
Just wanted to post this:

Unboxing of the OST to KH: Birth by Sleep & 358/2 Days!! *__*

It looks pretty cool! :D Me's going to buy it soon too!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1107 on: February 26, 2011, 02:25:15 AM »
^ Nice!

If there's any business practice which I hate in the games industry, it's not patching a somewhat buggy game after release, it's not even DLC announced before the game comes out. It's retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses. LA Noire is the next to fall victim to it

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1108 on: February 26, 2011, 03:31:41 AM »
I still haven't decided if I should go ahead and pre-order LA Noire. If I do decide to get it where should I get it.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1109 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
^ If you pre-order, try online from Amazon. They hand out deals I hear. I say hear because I never pre-order things  :lol:

Honestly, MVC3 isn't interesting me. Mortal Kombat on the other hand, I am hyped.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1110 on: February 26, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
I played a 3DS today!!

It was pretty cool! I didn't feel sick and my eyes didn't hurt at all! I had the 3D up to full, and I just held it the same as I hold my DSlite and the 3D effect was totally focused the whole time, if you tilt it, yeah it will go out of focus, but it's pretty easy to keep it focused!!

I was playing a 3D camera game where targets and monsters would appear in 3D, from a "?" card the guy put on the table irl, and I was moving the 3DS around to look inside of this 3D box that looked like it really was there and moved in relation to me.
There was even a target inside the box that I shot and I had to move the 3DS to get to it, cool fun!!

I'm going to get one for sure! (I always was, probably, haha) but I'm positive now.

The 3D is very clear and sharp, I think the screen is as bright & crisp as a PSP's, I might get Nintendogs & Cats or Street Fighter 4, both would be cool!

Also it's very light! I had my DSlite with me for the Pokemon event and I noticed no different in weight or unit size.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1111 on: February 26, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
Addicted to Battlestar Galacatica Online at the moment.  Saw someone named orac today... XD OH!  And a "JessicaJung" is at the top of one of the leaderboards. XD WTF

Because of Kimuu, I too am now in BSO, also as a Cylon. Still need to get used to the controls.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1112 on: February 26, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
I played a 3DS today!!

It was pretty cool! I didn't feel sick and my eyes didn't hurt at all! I had the 3D up to full, and I just held it the same as I hold my DSlite and the 3D effect was totally focused the whole time, if you tilt it, yeah it will go out of focus, but it's pretty easy to keep it focused!!

I was playing a 3D camera game where targets and monsters would appear in 3D, from a "?" card the guy put on the table irl, and I was moving the 3DS around to look inside of this 3D box that looked like it really was there and moved in relation to me.
There was even a target inside the box that I shot and I had to move the 3DS to get to it, cool fun!!

I'm going to get one for sure! (I always was, probably, haha) but I'm positive now.

The 3D is very clear and sharp, I think the screen is as bright & crisp as a PSP's, I might get Nintendogs & Cats or Street Fighter 4, both would be cool!

Also it's very light! I had my DSlite with me for the Pokemon event and I noticed no different in weight or unit size.

Cool!!!
I'm going to buy the 3DS too! :DDDD
It's good to know that the 3DS is not hurting your eyes, like many people tried to say to the public.... Well.. I don't know which game I should buy for the 3DS but... Pokémon Black and White will do it for now! XDDD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1113 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
In all the Time Attack times I had already made on Sonic 4, my 5 year old nephew has beaten them all! :o

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1114 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
I've been thinking about asking my mom to mail me Wind Waker, or whether I should come back to school with it after Spring Break.

It's my favorite Zelda game, and I've beaten it 5 times. As much as I love that game, there are just certain points in it where I'm like, "fuck, I gotta do this shit again. How frustrating." I'm sure everybody has those moments with their favorite games.

It could definitely keep me well occupied in my bored moments.

The other thing is, since Spring B is getting closer to the end of the school semester, I've thought about taking the Wii back home. I don't have much games for it. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Skyward Sword. Other than that, my Wii has started to bore me..... :(
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1115 on: February 27, 2011, 03:16:08 AM »

Because of Kimuu, I too am now in BSO, also as a Cylon. Still need to get used to the controls.

W00t! We need to find each other online so we can add each other to our friend lists. I just got recruited to a wing and they're OK. Maybe I can get the admin to recruit you, if you want. Tbh, If you happen to be playing near the admin in the same star system, he'll prolly recruit you. XD

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1116 on: February 27, 2011, 05:26:10 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggh That trailer.. still recovering. It's been a long time since I was as excited for a game as I am for Skyrim! Fallout 3 is my favorite game of the generation so hopefully they implement stuff from that. Oblivion I played a ton but I kept starting over and over and over because a bunch of annoying stuff like I didn't make my character or do a quest line right or got turned to a vampire and couldn't cure it in time ect ect

For some reason I can't feel excited for Skyward Sword just yet, I still haven't even gotten that far into TP. >_<

In all the Time Attack times I had already made on Sonic 4, my 5 year old nephew has beaten them all! :o

I babysat for some kids not much older than that back in High School and one of them whipped me in perfect dark which made me kind of mad. I used to be great at that game. That was 6 or 7 years ago so by now he's probably one of those 13 year old Call of Duty savants or something . . .

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #1117 on: February 27, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
YEAH ZUBATTO

Rapid fire kills like a Fukui accent...

The name of the game is Altitude, and yes, both of those familiar usernames are me (though both screenshots are at least a few weeks old).
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1118 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
My l33t skills in COD : Black Ops got me noticed by a clan I joined in a random TDM last night. Guy I was talking with proclaimed to be No.1 on GameBattles in COD : WaW. Still don't know whether he was telling the truth or not. Anyway, regardless of rank, he said he played in a lot of pub matches and said I could easily hold my own. He even asked if I would join them. But I had to decline, too much work and other games going on right now that I couldn't dedicate all my free time to BO. Besides, me and a group of mates I regularly game with tried the whole GB thing and I found it incredibly tedious and frustrating. Still, rather flattering though! XD

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1119 on: February 27, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »

Not legit, but pretty nice, right?

http://kotaku.com/#!5771315/rockstars-nutball-domain-names-can-only-mean-grand-theft-auto-v

I was just saying it's about time they announce another GTA (even though there hasn't been any announcements yet).
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: TaeTiSeo - Checkmate