JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Art Line

Author Topic: Favourite Videogame Music  (Read 93025 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Favourite Videogame Music
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »
I'm sure it's been listed here before, but I'm looking forward to MGS5 coming soon and in leading up to that I was catching up with previous games and heard The Best Is Yet To Come once again and what a song it is. It's beautiful and really brings back some powerful memories of the game back. You play the game dealing with a story with themes of regret, redemption, fate, legacy, genes, life, death, war and peace, ending with an explicit, powerful message over the mistreatment of nuclear weapons. And then this song plays at the end, against real footage of Alaska and it's wildlife, and you start feeling hope, that we can change and better protect ourselves and this planet. Pretty powerful stuff when you play it when you're 11 years old!

Sorry, rambling on :nervous I hope I at least got across why it's a great song and from start to finish, why I think MGS1 is still the best Metal Gear to me.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:54:58 AM by Tuffty »

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #421 on: August 24, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »

I want this to be the only song played at my funeral.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline ashley5

« Reply #422 on: August 24, 2015, 10:37:25 PM »
I'm sure it's been listed here before, but I'm looking forward to MGS5 coming soon and in leading up to that I was catching up with previous games and heard The Best Is Yet To Come once again and what a song it is. It's beautiful and really brings back some powerful memories of the game back. You play the game dealing with a story with themes of regret, redemption, fate, legacy, genes, life, death, war and peace, ending with an explicit, powerful message over the mistreatment of nuclear weapons. And then this song plays at the end, against real footage of Alaska and it's wildlife, and you start feeling hope, that we can change and better protect ourselves and this planet. Pretty powerful stuff when you play it when you're 11 years old!

Sorry, rambling on :nervous I hope I at least got across why it's a great song and from start to finish, why I think MGS1 is still the best Metal Gear to me.

Great pick. I also love the MGS soundtrack. and I also like MGS1 above all others. MGS2 next.

As for my favorite soundtrack, i love radical dreamers from chrono cross. Tranquil.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2015, 05:00:20 AM »

Borderlands

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2015, 11:02:28 PM »
Transformers Devastation is a game made by Platinum so of course the soundtrack is amazing.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #425 on: October 30, 2015, 03:51:47 PM »
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #426 on: October 30, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »
With it being Halloween here's a few samples of music from horror games that I feel worthy of mentioning.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
Whenever I think of video game music, the ones from Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden, both for the NES, come to mind. Particularly these ones:

I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #428 on: November 19, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
Transformers Devastation still great btw

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #429 on: December 08, 2015, 12:12:03 AM »

Just finished Grim Fandango's remastered version. It's a timeless classic with story and setting like no other, but the music is also fantastic.

Instead of quoting all of the 37 tunes here, check out the youtube playlist. A few samples here, however:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #430 on: December 09, 2015, 05:50:44 AM »

I recently got the Bravewave remastered SF2 soundtrack!
I was only really excited to get it on Vinyl, and wasn't too fussed about the quality, but due to some issues with them selling out or not printing enough records, I'm waiting until March 2016 for my copy to show up ^^;

Anyway, they were nice enough to put a digital copy of the LP as a free download and omg, it's really amazing what they've done with it! The collection includes SF2 and SSF2, but the SF2 songs are really the amazing part. SSF2 was on the CPS2 system which had stereo Q sound chips, which means the songs don't sound drastically different apart from an increase in quality. SF2 is almost better than arcade perfect, I swear I'm hearing instruments I've never ever heard before, maybe muddled by noise in previous versions or CPS1 just output in mono so they were missed? Certainly listening to them on my ipod headphones that's what strikes me, but listening to them on a set of bassy headphones and holy shit, the bass is amazing! I didn't even know it was there, haha. Plus the quality is so high you can really pump the volume up with like, 0 distortion. Really looking forward to anything these guys do next :D

If you're not crazy like me there's digital and CD versions for much cheaper, plus you can listen to a bunch of it for free here :D
https://soundcloud.com/bravewavemusic

I'm also interested in the recent Sega ones that are being made, Streets of Rage, Shenmue, etc :D I might get them next!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2016, 01:44:40 AM »
Playing Dark Chronicle again after it's re release on PS4. I always knew it had a great soundtrack but it didn't quite hit me again until I played it. One of my favourites, so early back into the game is the music that plays after you clear a dungeon of monsters. It's a different song to what usually plays in dungeons and it's a great way of letting you know you can relax. And it's what I do, collecting any treasure chests left unopen, playing the mini golf game. It's good times all round.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #433 on: January 31, 2016, 12:32:55 AM »
Someone created a Jet Set Radio 'radio station' in the same way as presented in the game. All of the soundtrack is on there as well as a number of other inspired choices that wouldn't sound out of place in the game. You can also seem to email the creator through it for whatever purpose (requests maybe? I've seen people getting shoutouts through the ticker display the site has). It makes you appreciate the Jet Set series as something so original and unique that it has undoubtedly left quite an impression on the people who enjoyed them, myself included. So much that people are creating Jet Set nostalgia websites like this after all this time. Make another one Sega!!!

http://jetsetradio.live/

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #434 on: January 31, 2016, 08:40:12 AM »

Basically the opening riff to Queen's Ogre Battle over and over XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »
This gets me so excited to go into a fight in The Witcher 3, even after god knows how many hours I've played of it.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #436 on: February 07, 2016, 08:12:15 AM »

Sunless Sea had a free Steam weekend a week ago and I played it quite a bit. The unique setting (based on Fallen London) oozes with atmosphere and the music (however sparingly used) enhances the experience quite a bit.

The whole soundtrack is up for listening at bandcamp, some favorites of mine include Wolfstack Lights, Submergio Viol, Benthic and Khan's Heart.

https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/album/sunless-sea-ost

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »
I think I grew more hair on my chest after listening to the closing song for Broforce.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #438 on: March 18, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »
One thing I really like about games like Resident Evil, Bloodborne or Dark Souls is that the game worlds are oppressive, fraught with enemies and danger that fills you with dread at what to expect around every corner. Yet, in each one there is always one area of the game where you can feel safe and find some respite and those areas comes with appropriate music that let you know you're safe as soon as you hear it. But you know you can't stay there, the temptation to stay is too great as your fears lie outside, but you must continue and reach the end.

You can add Salt and Sanctuary to those list of games. Like in the examples above, the music seems sad but is also quite relaxing and beautiful.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Art Line