JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Frankie

Author Topic: Leaders Responsibility to take Blame (AtsuMina) - COMPLETED  (Read 23098 times)

Offline Mikomiko

• Keep holding on, whatever happens never let go.
Arrow27,

I started reading your fic today, and I totally fell in love. I love it, everything seems so genuine and real, I...ah...just really love it. The characterisation is  so precise and the drama in this fic caused me to feel their pain.  :cry:

I really like how you wrote Takamina, it seems so real and the dilemmas and problems she has to face in regards to her being in love is so sincere and cute. How its implied that she has endured this pain for a long time made my heart ache a bit, and the feelings you put into each sentence was simply heartwarming and amazing.

I'm so sad there's only 1 chapter after this, but this is an awesome fic, and I can't wait to see Takamina and Atsuko reconcile.  :heart:

Miko  :cathappy:

Atsumina forever and always.

-Miko-

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ara... so it was because Minami is in love with Atsuko... so Minami doesn't want to live with Atsuko...

Minami is trying to distance herself... so if later on Atsuko falls in love with someone... in this case male...

Minami would not need to see them together everyday... Or may be by distancing herself... she would be able to lesser her feeling for Atsuko...

Poor Minami.. worry about everything with no outlet...  :cry:

At least all the important friends accept, her feeling and support Minami...  :thumbsup

Yeah... I can understand all Minami's reasoning... and worries...

But as Yuko said... Minami also need to put Atsuko feeling into consideration... Minami should not decide everything for Atsuko...

Need to discuss with Atsuko... and Need to tell Atsuko better than keeping it quiet.

Don't live in regret!!!

Ah... I thought Atsuko would be there somewhere hiding... while all the other 5 members cornering Minami to confess all her worries...

What's going to happen to Minami now?

What would Atsuko say to Minami... after hearing all this confession?

Would Atsuko accept Minami's feeling?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline arrow27

• Member+
Thank you all for your lovely comments and for sticking with this story! Thanks to all the readers! You all motivated me to write this story and I’m really glad you all love it so far. I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope this final chapter does justice :)

Replies:
Chichay12: Thank you! Lol I’m also sad it has to end since I enjoyed writing it :P
den_takacchan: Thank you!
chemicalstar: Lol, I think I made it to the deadline! 1 hour left before the 24 hour limit passes! :D Thanks for showing so much interesting, hope you like the final chapter!
d_ruffi: Thank you. There is realism to Minami’s worries and feelings.
FlameHazeKatsu: Haha thanks as always! Here’s the final chapter, didn’t want to keep you all waiting too long :D
Tanchan: Lol let’s see Atsuko’s reaction!
Haruko: That was most likely Minami’s reaction :P
Keisthename: Well this is the ending and I hope it satisfies!
chiqinna: Thank you for the compliment! And attempting to make it as realistic as possible is what I was going for so I’m glad you felt like it was :)
abcari: Thank you very much!
Mikomiko: Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m glad I was able to write something that allowed you to feel for the characters. Thank you!
cisda83: Yup you got it right! Here is the final chapter to see what happens :)

--------------------------------------------
Chapter 5 – The compromise

The leader was frozen in place due to Atsuko’s sudden presence, while the other members greeted her cheerfully.

“Hey Atsuko, glad you stuck around and stayed in place. I was worried you might come storming out or something.” Yuko said as she gestured for Atsuko to come down from the stage.

Hold on! She was here the whole time...Then that means...she heard everything! Minami turned to her fellow AKB members and said, “You guys set me up!” she didn’t know whether to be mad or not.

“Easy Takamina. We just figured it’d be best for Atsuko to be here to listen to whatever you had to say. This way it saves you the trouble of having to explain things again. We knew that, otherwise you wouldn’t have opened up if asked to confront Atsuko alone and directly.” Miichan explained.

Minami inwardly sighed at her friends antics. No doubt this was Yuko’s plan. It’s true she has nothing to be mad over; however...she was still at a loss as how to confront Atsuko, who was only a few meters away from her.

The others noticed Atsuko and Minami were having some sort of staring contest and figured it was time for them to bolt. “Well, we’ll be taking our leave. Please try not to kill each other.” Yuko joked, as Atsuko gave them all a grateful smile before they left.

When Atsuko turned her attention back to the older girl, Minami felt extreme anxiety build up, and a part of her wanted to bolt out of the theatre like the others. Though she knew that wasn’t really an option. Okay Minami focus. You always talk about your responsibilities, so take responsibility for your feelings. As Atsuko began to approach, the older girl bowed forward at an 80 degree angle and shouted, “Sorry!”

The actress paused directly in front of the bowing girl and furrowed her brows. She placed her hands on the girls’ shoulders and directed her to return to her proper stance. They made eye contact once again as Atsuko spoke, “you better not to apologizing for your feelings. Because you have plenty of things to be sorry for, but that’s not one of them”

The stern and angry look on the actresses face left no room for argument. “Um, right. I’m sorry for keeping this from you... for worrying you, and for not being honest.” Minami sincerely apologized.

Atsuko relaxed her facial features, and out of nowhere, she flung both arms around Minami’s neck and buried her head into the shorter girls’ neck. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Atsuko lightly cried out as tears slid down her face. At first Minami was shocked, but as soon as she felt Atsuko shake against her as she cried, she slowly encircled her hands protectively around the girl to return the hug. Why is she apologizing? “I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you were worrying about this the entire time. You must have felt alone, and scared, and I never realized” she sobbed against the girl.

After holding the sobbing girl for a bit to wait for her to calm, Minami gently pushed Atsuko back so she could look her into her eyes. “Hey hey, what are saying? There’s no way you could’ve known. I was keeping it a secret remember, and for the longest time even I didn’t know.” The leader gently used her sleeve to dry the actresses’ tear stained face.

Atsuko sniffled and said, “Yah but...I was angry at you for not being honest before, but the truth is... I wasn’t either. I’ve always wanted to be with you, but I didn’t want to push my selfish needs and feelings on to you, so I told myself I’d be patient. That I’d wait for you. But if I hadn’t, if I’d shared with you how I felt earlier, then you wouldn’t have had to go through all that confusion and fear yourself!” Atsuko scolded herself and she tried to wipe the rest of the tears off her face.

Minami stared in shock for a bit at the young girl, and then...began to wholeheartedly laugh. Atsuko was dumbfounded at the singers’ reaction. “What about this is funny to you!?” she angrily pouted.

The leader tried to get her laughter under control, and once she did, she smiled to Atsuko. Her previous nervousness disappeared.  “Sorry. It’s just that...we’re both idiots huh? It’s kind of like Yuko kept saying, that there was no meaning to our fight or whatever it was. If we’d just both been honest from the start, we could’ve avoided this but...Then we wouldn’t be us, would we? We’re two of the most stubborn people in the world, remember.”  Minami gave a genuine smile to her one true ace, and Atsuko let out a little laugh.

“Yah. I guess you’re right. So maybe we should stop apologizing to each other and figure things out... It’s my turn to be honest now. Minami...I’ve always loved you. At some point on in our days in AKB, I realized that I never wanted to be apart from you. I don’t know when it happened or how, but it did. I was also worried about many things, so I decided I’d wait. Throw out subtle hints, ask you to move in with me...Like I said, be patient with you. A part of me was always scared that’d you’d never feel for me what I feel for you, and I was close to giving up one day...But you know what gave me the courage to hold on to my feelings?” Atsuko asked, with eyes full of nothing but love.

Minami almost missed Atsuko’s question. She was slightly getting flustered and attempting to keep her heart rate under control. “Um, what gave you the courage?” she asked.

Atsuko smiled her bright loving smile and pulled out her cell phone. She browsed through some files and when she found what she was looking for, she showed the screen to Minami. “Remember this. It was the response you gave to a caller when you were hosting All Nigh Nippon on your own.”

(Author note: [Real Event] Actual translation of the question and answer from ANN translated by a tumblr user)

Minami looked to the screen:

Call from: KitarieLOVE-san
I’m a girl but I like girls. These days, I email this friend every day, and I have fallen in love with her. Mailing with her is really fun and playing with her is really fun. But recently I can’t stand just being friends. But if I were to confess to her, would it be a bother to her? Takamina, if you were confessed to, how would you feel?

Minami’s Reply: What’s wrong with that? If you like someone you like them. But the hard thing is if you stay being friends or not. I think KitarieLove-san understands, but by saying your feelings, you might feel better, but the person might not know what to do. I think the feeling of liking someone is definitely right, but if you say that you feel happy right now then it’s a form of happiness. But even if you get rejected, “we’re still friends” is what your friend could say but there are definitely people that would say “if that’s how you think, it might be better if we keep some distance.” But those feelings of “I like you!” well if someone said that to me I’ll be like “Oh, is that so” and think about it deeply. And it’s not a bother at all to me and it actually makes me happy. I’m probably the type that can say “But you know, we’re still friends!!” but I don’t know how the person you, KitarieLove-san likes so it’s a little hard. I think that you can say it. But maybe you could just try saying it casually like “I like you, I like you~”. But the feeling of liking your friend, you don’t have to change it; yeah that’s how I think.

“Ah! I remember that,” Minami said thoughtfully. Atsuko smiled and closed her phone.

“I was actually listening to that broadcast live, and when I heard your reply, I thought it was honest and beautiful. I wanted to believe in those words you said, and I did. And I know you’re scared, but I want to believe in your own words too Minami. The feeling of like each other, that’s not something we have to change. I want to say it properly to you Minami ...I love you.”

Minami was deeply touched, and this time tears slid down her own face. “Who knew such simple words held such power, huh? Well you heard how I felt but, I also want to say it properly and directly to you. Atsuko, you really are my irreplaceable partner, and I don’t care what it’s called. Friendship or love, as long as I can always be by your side, I’ll be happy. I...I love you.” The singer was blushing furiously as she said the words out loud.

This time it was Atsuko’s turn to have her heart skip a couple beats. She beamed at the older who smiled back at her. “I’m glad that’s how you feel. ...But, I’m guessing you won’t let us engage in any couple activities as long as you’re in AKB right?” Atsuko knowingly asked.

Minami wore a light smile, “you know me well. I still have to keep up my responsibilities in AKB. I’m already somewhat breaking the rules by not holding on to a one-sided love but...I still need to lead by example, I can’t expect people to follow what I say if I’m off in a relationship myself... you understand that right?” 

“Of course! It’s your job after all, plus it’s very you, and it’s one of the things I love most about you... I can wait, I always will, even if you remain in AKB for the next 20 or 30 years!” the actress teased.

Minami laughed, “it won’t be that long, don’t worry.”

“I’ll wait either way...Oh, and I hope that you understand that I’ll still have to kiss guys on screen and everything.” Atsuko smirked and watched Minami cringe and then sigh.

“Yah, I understand. That part is your job” Minami smiled to reassure the actress.

“It’s too bad though, I really wanted us to...have our...first kiss” Atsuko said as a light blush appeared on her face. Minami grew very flustered.

“K...kiss. Well...we can’t. That’d be cheating. That’ll have to wait once I graduate from the group.” The singer stated with much effort. Wait, did I just promise something... She tried to change the subject. “But...I don’t think there’d be anything wrong if we lived together...I mean everything is still in place back home so if you want... I mean if you’d like of course...” she trailed off as Atsuko took her hand and gave it a gentle grip.

“Minami, let’s go home. Our home, okay”

The older girl smiled, and nodded as she and Atsuko began to leave the theatre. Neither of them wanted to mention what would happen after Minami graduated from AKB, because that’s when things would get difficult for the two. They’d discuss that when the time came though. But both of them knew that somehow things would work out. That they would not regret this.

Holding each other’s hand, they both felt the power they gave one another, and knew that as long as they were together, they’d somehow survive, regardless of any outcome.

When Atsuko and Minami opened the theatre doors, they were greeted with the members all falling forward on the floor. Minami glared down at them while they all gave a sheepish expression.

“Sup leader, how’s it feel to finally be able to look down at us?” Yuko joked.
“You guys were listening in!?” Minami accused.
The others all tried to scramble back up to their feet, arguing with one another on who was to blame for getting caught. “I told you they were coming” Miichan said.
“Well Yuko should’ve found a better hiding place,” Mariko absently added.
“We wouldn’t be able to hear them anywhere else,” Yuko defended.

Atsuko laughed at her friends bantering, and Minami also let a smile grace her face.

...And of course, she and Atsuko weren’t alone. They had loving friends, comrades, a family who would always look out for them. Taking care of each other is what they all did best after all.

----------------------------------------------
Little bonus – The loophole

As the two were walking home hand in hand after splitting up with the others, Atsuko glanced around to make sure no one was looking. She gathered courage for what she was planning to do.

“Mi~na~mi~” she sweetly called out.

The leader, unaware that the younger girl was plotting something, turned and slightly looked up, only to be met with Atsuko’s lips on hers. It was a sweet quick peck, and as quickly as it was initiated, it was over.

“Wh...wh...what” Minami covered her lips with her free hand, and then glared at the younger girl, who wore a smirk on her face. “Atsuko!?”

“What?” Atsuko answered innocently. “In order for it to count as a real kiss, both parties have to be performing the action, but since it was just me, we’re not really breaking any rules.”

Is she seriously trying to find loopholes!

----------------------------------------------

Well that’s the end! Thanks once again! Hope you enjoyed it and hope it was a worthy ending! lol

I’m already thinking of another short story idea and this one may be centered on Yuko and Minami’s friendship :)

Until next time my awesome readers :)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:53:47 PM by arrow27 »

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
i cant stop smiling while im reading this..
this is so sweet!!!
arrow-san thank you  :wub:
atleast minami and acchan will lived in one house  :cow:
atsumina kissu~~ ..even though is just a peck..good job acchan :thumbup
oh well..XD
im cool with that :on gay:
ATSUMINA~~~  :heart:

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ah... Atsuko is so happy that Minami felt the same way as she did...

Also sad that Minami have always been worried and trouble over her feeling all these time and she was not there to help

Well at least now Atsuko is here beside Minami...

Yeah if only they have both open up with each other from the start... they could have avoid all the dramas...

Ah... very nice and good reply of that question from 'KitarieLOVE-san'

Atsuko such a patient and sweet person... would be waiting until Minami graduating from AKB... then she would become official with Minami

Yuko and the others are so funny... being caught earlobe

Thank you for the update which the end of the story

Hope to can see more of your creation

:wub: :inlove: :heart: :love:

PS: Little bonus – The loophole  is very nice... and very sweet...

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline chemicalstar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Wetenschap is alles
Okay, I'm totally CRYING.

DAMN you author-san.

Ah, finally ther're together, although they're dating unofficially.

I was joking about the 24hrs deadline, but you made it. Arigatou!!

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
Aww thax a lot it was a gorgeous fic... just lovely :B

Offline den_takacchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • OTP: ATSUMINA AND KOJIYUU
  :cry: aww its the end already?? hmm i'm quite sad but. its okay hahaha cause atsumina kinda sort out their feeling and haha i just kinda laughed in the ending part loopholes heheh. btw thx for all of this i hope you write more atsumina fics. in the near future :D cuz your fic is amazing hehe  :twothumbs

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
See what I told you XD? Nice ending by the way. I hope they solve things out in real life too and move back together 8)

And Wmidget's friendship! I'm all for it. Those two will discuss about their wives' seductive antics :twisted:

Offline abcari

• ecchi
  • Member+
awwww so cute!!! <3 good fic, awesome, really awesome <3 thanks for this awesome fic, I can stay saying the word "awesome" all the day just for this fic xD

Offline FlameHazeKatsu

• Pinoy Alliance {:D
  • Member+
  • Atsumina~! ♥ forever <3
Just saw this after ur 24 hour post DX I was playing fable yesterday for 15 hours :3 lol o.o Didn't touch the computer xD anyways...
THIS  :farofflook: ...is JUST sooooooooooooooooo ATSUMINA!  :mon inluv:
The ending... xD Acchan you still like to tease Takamina  :on lol: still a daredevil~  :twisted: but a kiss is a kiss!  :mon thumb:
The text message seriously was real!? O: Takamina's reply was really...really... (ah, I can't find words for it)  :mon sweat:
I'm sad this is the last chapter T_T but well.. everything has an end...  :mon exhaust: rather than be sorrowful~ I will just be looking forward to ur next work~  :mon star:
*cough* *cough* this is ur cue  :mon misch: *cough* *cough*   :kekeke: LOL
ehehehe I really LOVE this one!   :mon lovelaff: but yeah...seriously that was ur cue  :mon innocent: cuz I will be looking forward for ur next story  :mon yeah:
THANK YOU FOR THIS LOVELY STORY~  :kneelbow: :on GJ:

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
I just the whole story in one
It was such a nicely written story
Loved the plot and the emotions in it
I was smiling so much in the last chapter :)
Hooray for happy ending (even if they can't be public)
That u for the wonderful story

Offline nunku

• LOVE AtsuKo :3
I loc e it very much especial bonus track.
Atsuko kawaii  :heart: :inlove:
Thank you author san. :love:
 :lol: :wub:
I love AKB !
I love AKB fanfic !
I love the most Atsuminaaa!
U3U

Offline lezperv

• <3 あつみな <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • どりょくはかならずむくられる
THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!  :farofflook:

the last part is really cute  :shy2:

I really hope you can continue  :hee: i would really like to see all the loopholes that Acchan can fine  :kekeke:
Forever AtsuMina/TakAcchan/TakAtsuko <3 . Follow me ^_^ .
My Fanfics: Shiroi x Kuroi Tenshi, Maji, Kowai!, Nisemono, Futari (Ong) Devil Wears Prada (Hiatus) I Want to Lock You Up (OS) Three Chances (Fanfic Winner 2014) Naze (Fanfic Winner 2015)
vs

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
arrow did I ever said I love you? Well crack that. I love you mate! XD

Offline Senelcar

• Member+
Really greats fic you have there, please don't hesitate to write and post more of thoses wonderful works !!!

Offline Dianalrs

• Member+
    • Acabatelo__MT
Very sweet!!  :heart:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Frankie