JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Big Bang - Tonight

Author Topic: Finding Bliss - Chapter 12 - updated 3/7  (Read 8839 times)

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 4 - updated 11/16
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »
Momo wants to be the manager for the baseball team... :roll: :roll: :roll: she's even funnier than Miya right now :lol: :lol: :lol:

and looks like they are going to meet with Saki and Maimi soon enough.... :D :D :D

Miya jolted a bit as I giggled “I-I don’t know what your talking about, but I find the tall one oddly familiar”

of course the taller one is familiar... :lol: :lol: :lol: it's Maimi and she's the one that save Airi... XD XD XD right???

update soon!!!! :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 4 - updated 11/16
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »
@ abok: Glad you find Momo funnier than Miya

What is the relationship between Miya and Maimi???? You'll just have to wait and see.

Chapter 5

Maimi POV

“So how was it seeing your crush at such a close distance” I teased once we were in the change rooms

“OI!!!” Saki threw a towel at me “She’s not my crush, I just find her cute”

“That doesn’t mean she isn’t your crush” I dodged into a change room before she could throw anything else

“Nee, nee are you coming to my house tonight? Mama and papa miss you” Saki’s voiced echoed within the whole change room

I smiled faintly feeling a tad guilty that I haven’t visited like I promised “Sure” I picked up my bottle of pills and popped in two, washing it down with water.

“Great! I’ll be outside telling them you’re coming over for dinner” I couldn’t help but giggle at Saki’s reaction but shortly after my smile faded as I recalled how much Saki’s parents has cared for me and the look they had when I informed them that I would be moving out on my own.

Flashback

“Auntie and uncle Shimizu, Saki” I entered the living room where everyone was watching TV “I have something to tell you”

I watched as uncle Shimizu turned off the TV, whereas auntie Shimizu waved for me to sit down “What’s on your mind Maimi-chan?”

I looked at the Shimizu family as I walked closer, how blissful they are, uncle and auntie Shimizu on either side of Saki in the middle sitting on the couch watching TV.  I couldn’t deny that I was envious and a bit of an outsider, although they never did treat me that way “I-I-“ I took a deep breath, “I am planning on moving out” there I said it, looking at the coffee table as opposed to their faces

“What?!” Saki was the first to shout and I could hear that she had gotten up from her seat, hands taking a hold of my arms “Why?”

“I’ve bothered your family for long enough Saki, I can’t expect to live in someone else’s family forever” I didn’t want to tell them the truth but it pained me to see their happy family

“Maimi-chan, come” auntie Shimizu motioned for me to sit beside her, in which I complied and she took hold of my hands into her own giving me the warmth that I had longed for to be my own but never will be “Do you necessarily have to move out?”

Her tone and question indicated to me that she either saw right through me or she didn’t want to force me “I…I…”

“I understand…more like we understand, Maimi-chan” uncle Shimizu spoke up “I just want to let you know our door will always be open to you any time you need us and that you don’t necessarily have to move out if you don’t want to”

“Papa!!! What are you saying? Maimi is not going to move out!!”

“Thank you” it was all I could say and I was touched at how understanding they were…with the exception of Saki

Auntie Shimizu wiped my tears with her thumb, pulling my face to look at them “if that is your final decision, please come back to visit us often and try not to look for a place too far from us”

“I can’t accept this!!!” Saki ran to her room in which uncle Shimizu was going to go after her but I stopped him.

“I’ll deal with Saki but…thank you…for everything you’ve done for me, giving me a chance to feel the warmth I had always hoped for over the years.  I promise that if I was to move out I will come back frequently” I bowed before heading towards Saki’s room, wiping my eyes from the tears that were about to spill.

~KNOCK KNOCK~ “Saki? It’s me” I heard a thump on the door so I can assume that she threw her stuffed toy at the door “I am coming in whether you like it or not and we’ll talk about this” No response so I walked in, checking the floor and sure enough it was a stuffed toy that I bought for her.  I looked to the bed to see her under her blankets sitting there.  Considering the fact that she was older, she sure doesn’t portray it in a situation like this.  I walked to her bed and sat down on it formulating how I was going to reason with her

“Why?” I could hear the tremble in her voice

“Saki, it was inevitable that I was going to leave…”

“No it wasn’t!!!” Saki pulled the covers off her, messing up her hair in the process

I got up and sat in front of her to see her crying “Yes it was.  You should understand that I couldn’t stay here forever”

“Why not?”

“Because this isn’t my own family, it’s yours!” I practically wanted to shout but managed to keep my cool “I know your parents and yourself has made an effort, a great effort, to make me a part of this family and you guys have become a part of mine but it’s not the same.  Over the years, I know your parents have been overly cautious of me because of everything that has happened but don’t you think it is tiresome for them?” Saki didn’t stop frowning “I’ll have to face the world by myself at one point in my life so why not lessen the burden for your parents early? Your parents are my guardians, not my parents, they don’t have an obligation to take care of me for the rest of my life” I turned Saki to look at me “You are different, you are their flesh and blood and are who they are obligated to.  I can’t deny that I feel envious at times when I am living here” That got Saki’s attention as she put her full attention on me now without frowning “I see your happy family and I can’t help but feel envious and sad, thinking about the past”

“I…I…never thought you were pained by it like that”

“Obviously your parents did which is why although they don’t want to see me leave, they are respecting my wishes”

“I’m sorry Maimi, it’s just that I get scared…”

“I know Saki but even more so I have to leave, I want to prove to you that I am okay…that I’ve survived the past and am ready to live my future, isn’t that what you’d want to see? A strong Maimi that has walked out of the shadows of her past?”

“I do…but I don’t want to lose you”

I chuckled “you can’t get rid of me that easily, I still have to find a location close to here as I promised your parents and I could sleep over and vice-versa.  I also can visit right? I think overall you might not notice the change or you’ll soon get sick and tired of seeing my face”

Saki lunged forward and hugged me “I would never get tired, you’re my best friend, the one I share all my secrets with, the one I grew up with and the one I can always look towards when I need it”

End of Flashback

I have to admit, I wasn’t confident when I said those words to Saki because the past still haunts me, especially when there is lightning and thunder, I would recall the memories flashing before my eyes and I’d hide trembling sometimes, all night too until morning because I was alone.  I put my hand over my arms where some marks were to stay for good, many a times I had tried to scrub them off but the just wouldn’t go away.

“Hey I told them…” Saki’s voice rang, while I quickly put a shirt over my torso covering the scars on my back

“I’m ready to go” I turned and smiled, picking up my gym bag
When I reached the Shimizu residence I was pulled into a bear hug almost knocking me off my feet by auntie Shimizu “Maimi-chan!!!!! My, you’ve gotten stronger”

“Auntie Shimizu I’ve only been gone for a week or two I doubt there is that much of a change, but sorry for not coming by earlier, I’ll do a better job of visiting”

“I’m glad you are aware of it” auntie Shimizu scolded playfully, wagging a finger at me

“I’m glad I am invisible” Saki who was standing behind me pouted

“Sorry Saki, not my fault my height totally covers you” I couldn’t help but tease her when I see her pouting, auntie Shimizu joining me in laughter

“Thanks Maimi!” Saki then looked at auntie Shimizu “Mama!!!! Maimi is bullying me again” Saki ran into auntie Shimizu’s arms jokingly.  We all shared a laugh, me knowing perfectly well that height was never an issue with Saki, she’s long accepted that I was taller

I spent the rest of the night talking to the Shimizu’s with the parents asking how things were and how independent life is.  When I was about to leave, it had started to rain followed by lightning and thunder, in which I automatically gripped my arms tightly.  My body went cold and stiff, images flashing before me

“Maimi!” Saki snapped me out of my trance “Since it’s raining why don’t you stay over tonight?” I thought about it for a moment and I didn’t want to bother them just in case they find out about my issues but I also didn’t want to be walking home out there where I could end up being just about anywhere, doing just about anything.  I hadn’t answered when another rumble from the thunder and a clap of lightning occurred making me jump “Come on Maimi!” Saki pulled me back into the house and led me to her room “Maimi, sleep in my room tonight? I’m a bit intimidated to sleep with the thunder and lightning” I smiled weakly and nodded.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 5 - updated 11/29
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »
oh my god... :cry: :cry: :cry:

poor maimi.... :( :( :(

she's just full of pain.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

she wanted to live on her own because of that pain... :cry: :cry: :cry:

but i'm  very happy that Saki's family is there to support her.... XD XD XD

update soon Faq-U!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 5 - updated 11/29
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »
@ abok: Maimi has lived through pain in the past but the past is what will make of her future.  Living on her own with the support of Saki's family might be the best thing for her....or will it?  :twisted:

Chapter 6

Miyabi POV

Walking home from practice, I was thinking about her, she wasn’t someone I know personally but it was the reason why I decided to join the baseball team.  Every year she would sit in the stands cheering our baseball team, or to be more specific, a certain captain and I wanted the chance to impress her.  I don’t know if the captain is her girlfriend and even if she is, I wanted to be ready for a fair fight.  I never told this fact to Airin because she’ll probably think I was an idiot for doing something like this to impress a girl but what can I say, love makes a person do stupid things

“Miya…Miya!” A hand flashed before me

“Huh?!”

“So what was on your mind?”

“Nothing”

“You’re more quiet than usual, I’d expect you to be complaining about practice all the way home”

Grinning, I leaned my weight on Airin “Oh my aching back and legs…Airin carry me?”

Airin moved her shoulders and ran “Hell no you fat lazy bum”

I expected her to do that and wanted her to do so that way she wouldn’t continue asking me things, she’s a smart kid and knows me pretty well, which can be borderline scary at times.  But with her running away, I can think of what my next steps are.  I don’t know the name of my dream girl, but I do know she is always around the captain and vice-versa.  I also know she is in the dance club but it’ll be more awkward to join the dance club on my own and I knew Airin wasn’t going to join with me.

“Stop thinking of your dream girl!”

“Wah~!” I jumped putting a hand over my heart trying to get my heart rate back to normal before glaring at Airin “Airin! You gave me a heart attack!” I turned around to see that we weren’t really far from when she started running “Wow Airin, you’re athletic abilities are worse than I thought if I could catch up by walking” ~SMACK~ “Itai!!!” I rubbed the top of my head

“No you doofus, I was long gone but realized you weren’t giving chase so I came back and what do I see? You deep in thought, the same look that you had back at practice” She turned to walk in sync with me “So…which one caught your eye?” The girl’s image popped in my mind and I blushed “Oh~~ Miya’s blushing”

“Quit it Airin…”

“Airin!” we both turned to the voice and immediately my face darkened as I took a step forward pushing Airin behind me “Miya” the person slowed down as she approached us

“What are you doing here” I said through gritted teeth, glaring at her

“I came to see Airin” she responded not affected by my tone or glare

“You aren’t welcomed here Arihara!”

“I don’t see this being private property Natsuyaki”

We continued to glare at each other until I felt Airin walk out from behind me “What do you want Kanna?”

Kanna glared at me for a moment longer before softening her expression and looked at Airin “I came to talk”

“There is nothing for you guys to talk about”

“I don’t recall I was talking to you” she shot back before turning to Airin “Airin, I wanted to talk to you, apologize, explain myself even…I missed you”

“I…I don’t think that is a good idea” Airin was still timid when it came to Kanna

“Please Airin, let’s find someplace to talk” Kanna grabbed onto Airin’s arm

“Hey let go of her” I put my hand on Kanna’s arm putting a firm grip indicating for her to let go

Kanna smirked “Really, what are you going to do about it?” Kanna moved her arm easily getting herself out of my grasp

Again I took hold of her arm “Airin said no” applying more pressure this time but was easily moved due to her strength

“Stop Kanna! You’re hurting me” Airin whined but Kanna didn’t let go

“Let’s talk”

“I don’t want to, I don’t think there is anything to talk about” yeah Airin tell her, put her in her place

Kanna ignored Airin’s pleas and started dragging her away “Not until you’re listened to me”

I felt so hopeless because I wasn’t as strong as Kanna but I couldn’t let her take Airin away in fear that she might hurt her again.  I did the next best thing, I pulled onto Airin’s other arm with both hands causing her to stop

Kanna turned to see what was stopping her but she smirked when she realized it was me pulling with both hands.  A smirk that I so wanted to wipe off her face with a fist “You can’t stop me Miya, you were always physically weaker than I am so let go” In one swift motion, Kanna pulled a little harder, causing me to let go and fall backwards.  I closed my eyes to wait for my behind to kiss the cement floor…but it never came, in fact, I felt a pair of arms catching me instead

I opened my eyes and turned to the side to see…her “Are you okay?”

“A-A-Airin”

The girl smirked “Don’t worry” as the girl lifted me to my feet.  I turned to see her lover’s? hand on Kanna’s arm, expressionless

“Hey let go” Kanna tried to shake the person’s grip but it was still there.  I could only stare in awe at the amount of strength this person had to keep her hold on Kanna “I said let go” again Kanna tried to shake her off but she just stood there and…smirked?

“I don’t think she wants to leave with you”

“That is none of your business” Kanna retorted trying to size up

The captain’s smirk left and returned to her usual emotionless expression “It is when she’s my friend” I noticed that Kanna’s expression changed to that of pain yet the other bore no expression.  Soon I could see Kanna’s grip on Airin loosen being lifted by the other’s grip “Now, we could do this the easy way or the hard way”

“Okay, okay” Kanna yelped “I’ll leave, now let go”

She loosened her fingers whereas Kanna held onto her forearm shaking it a bit “Good”

Kanna looked at Airin “I’ll see you next time” and was about to leave when the captain pulled on her arm once again “Hey what gives? I already let her go”

The captain smirked before turning to face Kanna “and I recall she doesn’t want to talk to you, you know what that means” the person let Kanna go where Kanna glared at her one more time before walking off.

When she was finally out of sight, I rushed to Airin’s side “Airin, are you okay?”

I noticed that Airin had been staring at my baseball captain but turned towards me seconds later “Yeah, Miya I’m fine, how about you?”

Before I could answer, the duet had started to leave “Hey,…um…thank you” they both nodded and then walked off, taller one’s arm on the shorter one.  It was then that I realized why she looked familiar “Airin, Airin” I diverted my attention to her when I didn’t get a response to see her staring at the duet “Airin!”

“Yeah Miya?”

“It’s her! It’s her!”

“Who?”

“Doesn’t that look familiar to you? This morning?”

Airi took a moment to process what I was saying before grabbing my arm “Miya! It’s them” I was considering about making a witty remark but decided to hold it and nodded instead “I’ve got to thank her”  We turned to see that they weren’t there anymore “Hey, where did they go?”

I looked left and right but they were no where in sight “Wow they are quick”

“I can thank them next time you have practice” That’s for sure, that way I could see my dream girl again as I recalled how close she was and the feeling of her arms wrapped around me, causing me to blush

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 6 - updated 12/08
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »
woot new fic from you !

sorry didn't comment on color of truth but i managed to finish it, i kinda wished for a darker ending hahahha  :nervous

teens huh, so no more drunk hilarious story, damn, that's sad  :lol:

but still loving to see that Airi+Miya and Maimi+Captain would probably lead to MiyaXCaptain kukukuku :thumbup
also arihara being the baddy yeah~  :twisted:

i kinda loled at the fact that you killed maimi in the prologue, my bad sorry  :nervous

keep it up  :thumbsup

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 6 - updated 12/08
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 03:19:08 PM »
@ ChrNo: It's been awhile!!!!

No worries about the comments, I mean I know people tend to get busy, just look at how frequent I update now...it feels like forever.  There is a darker ending actually....I sent it out to those that wanted to read that ending....I will send it to you.

I don't know why I killed her, but I did so now I am starting to scramble to think of how this story progresses.

Chapter 7

Saki POV

I had noticed the change in Maimi’s behaviour when the thunder and lightning started, she was in a trance and she held herself, that got my mind racing of what she would do if she walked out like that “Maimi” I made sure she was looking at me “since it’s raining, why don’t you stay over tonight?” She stood there contemplating when thunder struck again startling her.  I grabbed her hand “Come on Maimi” I dragged her to my room “Maimi, sleep in my room tonight?” I gave her my best pleading eyes “I’m a bit intimidated to sleep with thunder and lightning” She smiled, not her usual but it was enough to make me relax.  I’ve known all along about her nightmares and her fear of thunder and lightning, it was by chance that I had woken up by the sound of thunder

Flashback

“Zzzz…” ~Rumble~ “Huh?!” Just as I had woken up lightning struck causing me to jump.  I looked at the clock to see it read 1:15 am as I lied back down and tried to drift off to sleep again when I heard something knocking on the walls.  I sat up and waited for a repeat knocking just to make sure it wasn’t my imagination ~THUMP THUMP~ it wasn’t knocking but it definitely didn’t sound right.  I clutched onto a stuffed toy that Maimi had given me and as I was looking at it, I decided to run into Maimi’s room

When I opened my room door, the thumping was actually a bit louder and I could hear some faint groaning.  That’s it!!!! That convinced me to run into Maimi’s room but as I got closer and closer to Maimi’s room, it seemed that it was louder and louder.  I opened the door slowly, and poked my head in to see Maimi thrashing about.  I ran over beside her in which the groaning I heard was more audible

“Don’t hit me….I’ll be good…don’t hit me… I’m sorry…I’m sorry” I noticed Maimi was sweating a lot but she was also crying in her sleep.  I didn’t know what to do, was she still having nightmares of her past after all these years? It pained me to see her in pain and constantly reliving the memory in her dreams and it scared me that she showed no signs of her past haunting her.

I climbed into her bed and used my arm to hold her flailing arms and my leg across hers from thrashing about “Shhhh~ It’s okay Maimi, it’s okay.  They aren’t here to hurt you anymore, they’re gone” I kept on telling her everything was alright and that she’s safe but she continued to thrash as I started to cry on her behalf praying and asking the gods above why they were still torturing her.  The thrashing finally subsided when the thunder stopped rumbling as I removed my arms and legs to get a wet wash cloth from the bathroom.  I wiped the sweat from her forehead before plopping myself beside her, pulling the covers over me

The next morning when I woke up, Maimi was already gone from her bed.  Through the open door I could smell breakfast so I concluded she was probably eating.  I walked downstairs after my morning routine to see her happily eating away “Ohayo Saki”

“Ohayo Maimi”

“Why did you come into my room yesterday?” I’m not too sure if she knew she was having these dreams or maybe she did

“I heard you having a bad nightmare last night…of your adopted parents” Maimi dropped her fork with a clank and stopped chewing

“What?! Maimi-chan is that true?” mama wiped her hands on her apron and came into the dining room

“Er…yeah…I had a nightmare last night” Maimi avoided our gazes and picked up her fork to continue eating

“Maimi-chan how long have you been having these dreams?” mama inquired, putting a hand on Maimi’s shoulders

“Only last night” she responded while continuing to eat.

“Okay… but you have to tell us if you are constantly having them okay?” mama went back into the kitchen but I couldn’t help but stare at Maimi eating thinking whether she is telling the truth or is she lying.  I decided to check on it myself that evening just to be on the safe side of things recalling that mama and papa talked about the doctor saying that Maimi went through trauma and that she was to accept psychological help if necessary.

End of Flashback

That evening, Maimi didn’t have any nightmares and I had concluded that Maimi was indeed telling the truth however every time there was lightning and thunder that started in the middle of the night I would hear Maimi thrashing about again.  I knew Maimi was afraid of lightning and thunder when she was awake and just assumed that she feared them, simple as that but as I grew older, I linked the pieces together…when Maimi is awake she hides not because she is afraid of lightning or thunder, she hides to protect herself because she’s remembering the times she was beaten up the worst, she’s hiding from an imaginary fist or object.  When Maimi is asleep the scenes of her adopted parents coming at her with violence is what she sees so her thrashing is her trying to break away and her arms flailing is her trying to block the attacks.  As we grew older, when thunder and lightning came, she didn’t seem fazed by it but I could still see a tremble in her but the nightmares were still there.  I knew I had to confront her and that is exactly what I did or planned to do

Flashback

The day was gloomy and it looked like it was going to rain, we had just arrived home from school and we went to our respective rooms to put down our things.  I was going to confront Maimi about my findings, so after putting down my bag I walked over to Maimi’s room to find it empty but I noticed a bottle falling out of Maimi’s bag.  I checked to make sure she wasn’t around and heard her laughter down in the kitchen so I quickly went inside and picked up the bottle, ‘sleeping pills’ was what was written on the bottle prescribed by a doctor.  I stuffed the bottle back in her bag and went online to check the doctor’s name and the other words on the bottle.

To my surprise it was a psychologist and apparently the sleeping pills were not just normal sleeping pills, the ingredients are stronger as I slumped back into my chair thinking “Saki” I heard Maimi’s voice outside my door so I closed my browser “Saki, dinner’s ready” Maimi smiled at me.  Seeing her smile, I couldn’t confront her, not after all the effort she was putting making sure we don’t worry about her yet doing something about these dreams and fears.  I didn’t want to expose her secret because that would mean I had checked her things, my parents getting all worried and her efforts down the drain.

End of Flashback

I didn’t say anything in the end, I just paid more attention to her actions when thunder and lightning came which is also a reason why I didn’t approve of her moving out, who was going to help her? What would it be like for her to be all alone when she needs someone? Overall I trusted her though, I knew she was making an effort to get out of the side effects of her childhood and I couldn’t ask for much really.

I went back to my room after my shower just when Maimi was popping pills into her mouth, to which I presumed were her sleeping pills.  As she was drinking her glass of water I noticed how much her hands were trembling “Maimi, I’m going to bed” I spoke out to her pretending I didn’t see anything. 

“Sure Saki, I was just about to go to bed myself” At that moment thunder roared causing her to tip her glass when she was placing it on the table “Sorry, oh my gosh, I’m such a klutz” watching her wipe the water, her hands were going crazy

I went up to her and helped her clean it up right away before dragging her to my bed, telling her to lie down first before snuggling up to her “Thanks for staying for the night Maimi” I pulled her arms around me and moved myself closer to her

“N-no problem Saki” She pulled me closer to her before I reached out to turn off the light.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 7 - updated 12/21
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 06:12:22 PM »
Wow, I missed a lot. I don't know why? I know I've been reading the other story. *shrugs*

Poor Maimi, is this the third time I've said this? XD It still rings true. Luckily Saki is there for her. And they keep running into Airi and Miya. XD

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »
new reader of your work..  :grin: so i had done a lot of catching-up to read your works.. :nervous   :panic:
i finished reading My Guardian Angel last saturday in one sitting :nervous then the following day i read Taking
Chances (finished it in one sitting too XD) and then just yesterday i finished reading Colour of Truth..  :D
and now i am looking forward for the updates of your recently written fics..  :grin:  :thumbsup

Poor Maimi, is this the third time I've said this? XD It still rings true. Luckily Saki is there for her. And they keep running into Airi and Miya. XD
my thoughts exactly..  XD she has suffered a lot in FaqU's fics since the beginning of time..  :lol:

but i think its all worth it because of the happy-happy joy-joy moment in the end (just like the Colour of Truth-ending). HOPEFULLY **hint, hint  XD**
that the same can be said with this one..  :lol: after all the title says Finding Bliss  :nervous

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Sorry for not updating, too many things were happening and I just couldn't get the inspiration or time to post.  I will have to reply to the comments later but here is the next chapter.

Chapter 8

Airi POV

Over the past few days I haven’t seen the “duet combo” as my group likes to call them but from my understanding, the duet combo were an interesting duo, total contrasts from each other more or less.  According to Chinami-chan, since they’ve moved into the area, no one can get really close to either of them because for one thing, the taller one doesn’t smile or pay attention to others, giving off an intimidating aura, unless she is with the shorter one, whereas the shorter one is friendlier but is usually around the taller one.

Regardless if one was staying after school, the other would be close by which is why everyone assumed that their relationship was more than just friends.  Not much information is known of the taller one besides the fact that she is an athlete and hardly smiles to anyone else and the information on the smaller one was that she loves to dance, happy-go-lucky character and isn’t too far from the taller one.  No one really knows why that is so but apparently it is difficult to detach the 2.

I thought about this information and questioned the reliability of it because I saw them the other day with Miya when they scared Kanna away and she was smiling, well smirking right? Granted when she was smirking at Kanna, it wasn’t in the friendly context but she did look like she was smiling.

“Airin! Wish me luck” I saw Miya begin to run a bit with Chisa, Momo, Maasa-chan and Kumai-san.  That’s right Maasa-chan said they were classmates/friends/rivals right? Maybe I can get some information from her later.  The rest of us headed toward the stands and sure enough the smaller one was talking to the taller one, separated by a fence.  I don’t know whether it is because there is limited information on the duet combo but I focused on them more, in particular the captain of the baseball team.

When the captain was on the field, she was all serious not cracking a smile but that could be that she was serious about her role as captain.  I don’t think she is a bad person because she would help Momo when Momo was struggling with the big bag of equipment and she did help me with my Kanna problem but she didn’t smile when she talked to Momo nor did she smile when Momo thanked her.  More and more of the characteristics that I’ve heard were noticeable like when the group had a break, the taller one would automatically run up to the fence where the shorter one was waiting.  The shorter one would throw a water bottle over the fence when the taller one was close enough, in which she would catch with ease.  They would be talking and smiling until their break was over when the taller one would throw the water bottle back and have a serious face on once again.

Regardless of her personality, the group and I have to admit she gave off a mysterious aura and a suave look that we couldn’t help but notice, with a cap on her head, serious look, skills that made us gawk and be awed at.  It was funny because while we were paying attention to the tryouts, the shorter one was busy doing her own thing, listening to her ipod or doing homework.  “Airin” we turned our head to the new visitor only for me to be shocked.

“Kanna” I whispered

“We meet again” she held on a smirk, one that I didn’t like at all “Considering Miya is on the field, let’s go for that talk”

Nakky, Rii-chan and Chinami-chan stood up and walked in front of me, pulling me behind them “We would like you to leave”

Kanna gave off an arrogant laugh “And what are you guys planning to do if I don’t?” Kanna cracked her knuckles and loosened up her neck.  This is bad, very bad, if they keep protecting me, they will get beaten up by Kanna, who was one of the strongest girls on campus at all levels.

“Why don’t you explain it to me what you would do if I stopped you?” the girls and I turned around to see the shorter one walking towards us, right past us and stopped right in front of Kanna

Kanna looked her up and down then snorted “Look short stuff, move before you get hurt, it’s none of your business anyways” From behind Rii-chan I could see the short one not amused nor did she look like she was going to be moving anytime soon. “Step aside” Kanna used the back of her arm to push her way through.  Maybe Kanna wasn’t expecting resistance so she didn’t use a lot of force but the shorter one stood still not budging.

“No, leave before you get hurt”

Kanna laughed, head held high “Oh yeah? By who? You?” Kanna raised her fist and we all closed our eyes, waiting for the sound of fist meeting face…..but it never came

“Big mistake” I opened my eyes when I heard the shorter one’s comment to see that Kanna’s fist was caught in midair from behind by the taller one.

The taller one flung Kanna around “big mistake” and in a blink of an eye, Kanna was down holding her left cheek “lay a hand on her ever and you will wish you were dead” The tone she used was threatening but it didn’t sound like an empty threat, it sounded like she would do it for real as the taller one brought her hand up once again.

“No!” the shorter one held out her hand to stop the taller one “Don’t!!! It’s okay, I’m not hurt, no one is hurt, just let her go” The shorter one stayed there protecting Kanna until the taller one’s fist came down in which the shorter one turned to Kanna “If you value your life leave now” Kanna didn’t have to be told twice as she scrambled out of here.

When Kanna was finally out of sight, the shorter one approached the tall one “Go, everything is okay”, smiling at her and giving her a pat on the back.  The taller one smiled back, nodded then turned towards the fence where she quickly climbed over it and jogged back to practice.  The shorter one just walked back to her things and continued doing her own thing

“K-k-kowai” Nakky stuttered out

“Ditto! I don’t know which I am scared of, almost getting beat up by Kanna or the look the taller one had just now” commented Chinami-chan

“Are you okay Airin?” Rii-chan turned to face me

“Thanks guys, but next time don’t protect me, I don’t want you guys to get hurt”

“Still we had to try right? Who knows what would happen to you if you were alone with Kanna” Chinami-chan gave me a pat on the arm and I nodded but they were right I feared it myself, what would happen if Kanna managed to take me away?  However my fear went away when I was looking at the taller one on the field, recalling the look she had earlier.

Miya and the others ran over to us after practice wondering if I was alright and of course the girls started a topic of what happened. “She’s quick! I mean we watched her get from the mound to the fence and climbed over the fence in like record time”

“I know! She was so quick it felt like in a blink of an eye”

Maasa-chan chuckled “Miya, Chisa, I assume you aren’t familiar with our captain” the chit chatter stopped and everyone looked at Maasa-chan “After my classmate talked to me, I did some research of her in school”

“Why?” my ears perked up to listen about what Maasa-chan has found out

“Because I wanted to know who the person talking to me was when they barely speak to anyone year round” chuckled Maasa-chan as if that is what a normal person would do.

“And?” Momo piped in, seems like she was interested too

“Yajima Maimi, born February 7, 1992, captain of the baseball team, sprinter, winner of the 1500m run, is basically an all-around athlete, won the school enough trophies.  She may seem invisible in classes but when it comes to sports, she shines within her teammates however not social and definitely hard to approach”

Choruses of “Eh~” could be heard

“You mean she’s our age yet I don’t think I’ve noticed her before” Momo commented fully shocked, along with nods coming from Chinami-chan and Miya.

“Tell me about it, I didn’t notice she was in my class until she approached me before I took notice of her presence, and of course finally put a face to the owner of the trophies, because we don’t talk, heck, she barely talks to anyone in school besides the shorter one, Shimizu Saki, captain of the dance club, one year older than we are, more lively and vocal”

“Wait, you’ve researched on her partner as well?” Rii-chan gave Maasa-chan a ‘you’re unbelievable’ look, whereas Maasa-chan just shrugged her shoulders.

“Well, it was on the way and besides I introduced Momo to her so that she’ll have a shot at being manager” Rii-chan looked Momo, mouth open whereas Momo just looked up, avoiding Rii-chan’s look.

“I’m just surprised you managed to talk to the shorter one without the captain around” Chisa gave Momo props

“Well although they are practically stuck at the hip, the fact that the shorter one is one year older helps”

“How so?” This is the first time Miya had joined the conversation since Maasa-chan shared her information

“Because if she is one year older than their classes would be different which gives the perfect opportunity to approach either one of them” I answered logically before Maasa-chan could respond

“Even I know that” Chisa teased “Are you sure you’re in the right grade? Are you sure you’re passing your classes?”

Miya knocked Chisa on the head “Quiet runt or I’ll make you shut up permanently” We all laughed because we were familiar with Miya’s empty threats, although she may look dangerous, she’s all bark and no bite, her bite usually came with assistance from Maasa-chan.  I now had more information than I did before about my saviour so now the question is what do I do with it?

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 8 - updated 2/07
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »
Welcome back Faq-U... :yossi: :yossi: :yossi:

It's been a long time since i've see you update.... XD XD XD

and i'm sorry for the lack of comments too.... i've been busy.... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

looks like Kanna really pushing it with Maimi this time huh.... :angry: :angry: :angry: sometime i wish Maimi just beat the crap out of her.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: can't she understand that Airi don't want to see or talk to her anymore??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

looks like Airi got what she needed from Maasa... :grin: :grin: :grin: i wonder if she'll be able to talk properly to Maimi.... :? :? :? and the same goes for Miya too... :grin: :grin: :grin:

update soon ok...

p/s : really glad that you're back cause i'm starting to get worry... :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 8 - updated 2/07
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
@ abok: Thanks!!!

I'll try to update more frequently but I can't guarantee anything sorry!!!!

Good idea!!! I should have Maimi beat the crap out of Kanna or scare the crap out of her  :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry for making you worry, I'll try to appear more frequently

Chapter 9

Maimi POV

“Maimi” I winced at the tone that Saki used, it was more of a serious yet worry tone, one that I am familiar with.  Sometimes I wonder if she thinks I am her own child.

“Yeah?” I responded because I knew if I didn’t Saki would only use an even more serious tone and it’s not because I am afraid more like I feel like I’ve disappointed her or something, maybe an internal thing that I could never explain.  I made sure she wasn’t around as I popped in some pills and washed it down with the remaining amount of water in my water bottle.

“You scared those people today and you were almost reckless again ” she started her worry, talking to me from behind the row of lockers.

“She almost hit you” I defended, fists clenched up just at the thought of that girl about to hurt Saki

“But you almost went overboard if I didn’t stop you, I can tell, I’ve seen that look before” I didn’t mean to but when Saki gets hurt, it’s like I go into this anger phase where I become brutal.

“Almost right? So I didn’t because you stopped me so no harm done” I didn’t necessarily see the big deal considering no one was really hurt

“Maimi” there was a pause and I thought she was about to drop the topic “what happened back then is the past, I don’t want you to become violent like this, it’s not healthy nor right” Damn it did she have to remind me about how guilty I should be? “I’m not always going to be by your side and I fear that if I wasn’t you’d go back to your old ways” the degrading portion of my internal feelings started to surface as I know that I’ve become a burden to Saki

“Saki, maybe it was for the best that I moved out” I finally voiced after a long pause, negativity was flowing through my body at how much of a burden I have become for Saki and her family, how useless I am, how I did so many stupid things, bringing nothing but trouble “Maybe your parents shouldn’t have saved me”

Saki walked over from behind the lockers as I put on my shirt “Maimi, I know what you’re thinking and I am not saying you are a burden, what I mean was that I worry about you and that you should get out of that hole called past, standing on your own two feet as a new person” I could tell that Saki was trying to choose the right words and I don’t blame her, she’s taking liberty to watch over me for mistakes that I have made in the past and she shouldn’t have to.

I turned around to face Saki, closing my locker door “Saki, I’ll try to control myself, I promise” It wasn’t an empty promise , I have to start being less of a burden for the Shimizus and maybe I should set some motivational aspects in so that I remember about those around me that have cared a great deal for me

Saki smiled “Thank you, it’s all I want to know, that you’ll try”

I grabbed my bag and slung my arm around her shoulders “So what do you want to do today?”

Saki inched away from under my arm and looked at me with a sorry expression “Maimi, dance practice was deferred until after your practice so I have to go”

“So do you want me to stay?”

“I don’t think you should, we have a competition coming up soon so I might be very late”

I was taken aback “you mean you guys are competing this year?” it is the first time Saki isn’t walking home with me and the first time Saki was going to compete

“Yeah, the coach decided we have a solid team to compete”

I can’t say I am happy for Saki, she’s a great dancer but I also cannot deny that this wasn’t something I was use to however instead of making her worry what can I do? I smiled back reassuring I was okay “That’s fine, have fun at practice and call me if you need me to walk you home when it gets too late” we walked out of the change room doors and parted me heading away from the school building, Saki heading towards.

I think it is probably for the best to get use to not having Saki by my side considering she does have her own life.  I walked home taking my usual path when I heard funny sounds from an alley way.  I thought it was probably just a cat and would have walked past until I heard a conversation

“Miya, you can’t deal with me on a one-to-one basis, let alone when I’ve got my girls with me”

“Why can’t you stay away from Airin?” Saki’s crush? I peeked around the corner to see the one that tried to hurt Saki and 2 others that seem to block my vision but were clearly holding metal bats over their shoulders.

“Miya, we can do this the easy way where you don’t have to get hurt or we can do this the hard way where you will get hurt”

“Just leave us alone” Saki’s crush shouted out.  Judging by the situation the girl isn’t going to leave quietly without Saki’s crush, as I scan around for a weapon of my own.  Picking up my own metal pipe, I mentally reminded myself that no matter what, scare them off and don’t go overboard, inhaling and exhaling a couple of times.

“So what’s it going to be Miya, Airin? Easy or hard way?”

“MY WAY!” I hollered out to them, pipe over my shoulders walking towards them

“YOU!!!!” the girl stuck her bat towards me growling “You won’t be lucky this time” I saw the girl give her crew the nod as they ran towards me, bats in the air, ready to strike

I blocked their attacks and focused for the right moment where I can disarm them, consistently reminding myself to not take things far.  I managed to take a hold of one of their bats but didn’t see the other coming, striking down on the same arm.  The pain surged through me causing me to let go and take a few steps back “Haha, not as tough now are we? Finish her” the girl turned around facing the 2 girls in trouble where I continued to figure a way to disarm the 2 in front of me.

“Come on Airin, let’s go” the girl that attacked Saki took a hold of Saki’s crush and tried to walk off.  I can’t let that happen, I pushed the 2 girls aside with my pipe going into their midsections and ran towards Saki’s crush, putting my hand on her captor

“Let go! I let you off last time but this time no one will save you” unexpectedly, the girl raised her bat and was about to swing it downwards against me

“No!” Saki’s crush leaned forward trying to block.  Good thing my reflexes are great as I moved Saki’s crush aside covering her with my own body feeling the bat land on my back.  I winced at the pain that I had long forgotten, whack after whack I stood still withstanding everything when images flashed before my eyes.

~”You skipped out on your chores you lazy brat”

“Daddy, I’m sorry it won’t happen again” I saw him pick up a wooden stick

“This will teach you not to leave your chores undone” he struck me once, twice, ongoing as I curled up into a ball trying to protect myself crying for him to stop

“Sorry daddy, stop! I’ll never forget, sorry daddy!” I felt anger boil within me at how he wouldn’t stop yet I didn’t have the strength to strike back~

~Uncle Shimizu was at the door and daddy looked like he was going to throw his beer bottle at him. No! No! Uncle Shimizu is a nice person, don’t attack him!! I grabbed onto a wooden stick and struck my mother, stopping her from hitting me and ran after my daddy.  Daddy hit something on my head but I had to protect Uncle Shimizu so I swung at daddy with all my might~

“Arg!!!!!” I got up from where I stood and I turned to see daddy holding a metal bat and was shocked to see me standing up

“You don’t scare me anymore!” I walked towards daddy, with each step I took forward, daddy took a step back.  I watched as daddy swung at me but I lifted my hand and caught the bat, twisting it so that daddy’s grip loosened, unarming him as I quickly turned the bat around and pointed it at him.  I felt pain on my back so I turned to see my mother standing there with her own bat.  As she struck I blocked with my bat until I found an opening before using all my might and thrusting the bat in mommy’s midsection causing her to bend over before taking a good swing at her head “You don’t scare me anymore!!!” I turned around and looked at daddy as I charged at him, bat in the air.  I would have swung at him but I felt something hit my head and the sound of glass breaking.  Feeling a cool liquid running down the back of my head, I ignored it to look at my mother backing away, shocking me “I got you! Why won’t you stay down!” I threw my bat towards her, scaring her as she ran away.  I waited until she was gone before facing daddy again, pointing my finger at him “You!!!!” I slowly walked towards him, I could feel myself feeling weak and black spots started appearing in front of me.

“STOP!!!” A girl ran before me arms out blocking my path, snapping me out of my trance as I looked behind her to no longer see my daddy but some other girl scared stiff.  I looked around at my surroundings, I am not at my old home anymore, where am I? What just happened? What happened to daddy? My head felt dizzy and I felt scared, Saki where are you? I started to walk away slowly, not knowing what to do but I felt that I had to leave.  I felt a hand on my arm “Where are you going?”

My whole body was trembling but I managed to shake off the hand.  My head was hurting and my vision was blurry however I felt my way via the wall but I didn’t get far before I was engulfed in darkness.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 9 - updated 2/09
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 05:48:47 PM »
This chapter is so depressing.... :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

Kanna is trying to be a b***h again!!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Good idea!!! I should have Maimi beat the crap out of Kanna or scare the crap out of her  :twisted: :twisted:

you should take this idea without thinking cause Kanna is pissing me off..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Poor Maimi..... :cry: :cry: :cry: the pain that she experience in the past haunted her so badly ad she can't even let go of it.... :cry: :cry: :cry: I hope Saki will show up and take Maimi away.... :( :( :( I can't wait to know what would happen next.... :panic: :panic: :panic:

Please update soon.... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

p/s : so, Saki already fall for Miya.... :wub: :wub: :wub: Great!!! :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 9 - updated 2/09
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
@ abok: I have to have some sort of bad guy in the story right otherwise it wouldn't be interesting enough

Chapter 10

Miyabi POV

Airin and I were walking home from baseball practice, both of us were still in awe about the events that occurred at practice today and the information we had received from Maa-chan when I felt a push from the side of me “What the…” we were faced by 2 girls holding bats over their shoulders smirking at us.

“Someone wants to see you” I looked at Airin and she shrugged her shoulders, but judging by how they were on either side of us, it didn’t look like we have any other option.

“Are you sure you have the right people?” I stood up tall, looking tough but internally my bones were definitely shaking.  The response I got was just a grin, not sure what that is suppose to mean.

“Miya, what are we going to do?” Airin whispered, clinging to me from behind

“We have no choice” I whispered back before looking at the 2 girls “lead the way”

They led us to an alley way before stopping where we waiting for a few minutes before someone dragging something across the floor came out from hiding.  When I saw who it was I gritted my teeth “Arihara Kanna, what is the meaning of this?”

“Don’t try to put the tough act on me Natsuyaki, I know you too well, so I know you are shaking inside” drat! I forgot about that aspect “now Airin, I honestly can’t believe why you would force me to use these methods to make you talk to me”

“Please just leave me alone” Airin’s voice was quivering and I know she must be scared out of her wits

“Not until you hear me out…and maybe come back to me”

“Why? You left Airin…to be exact you cheated on her” that made Kanna sneer at me but then she grinned again

“So? That doesn’t mean I can’t have Airin by my side at the same time” I was disgusted that she had the audacity to say something like that with such confidence

“You shameless b*tch!” I spat at her, my anger boiling as I took a step forward

Kanna just chuckled “Airin what do you say?”

“She won’t and I’ll make sure you won’t get to hurt her again”

Kanna chuckled again “Miya, you couldn’t deal with me on a one-to-one basis, let alone when I’ve got my girls with me”

“Why can’t you stay away from Airin?” I know Kanna was right, I couldn’t take her on when it was just me versus her but I can still try

“Miya, we can do this the easy way where you don’t get hurt or we can do it the hard way, where you will definitely get hurt”

“Just leave us alone” I shouted out grabbing Airin to hid behind me, I wasn’t going to let her take Airin away and I’ll die trying if I have to

“MY WAY!” I turned towards the owner of the voice to see one Yajima Maimi, captain of the baseball team walking towards us with a metal pipe over her shoulders.  I honestly hope she knows what she is getting herself into, this is no time to act cool and dangerous.

“YOU!!!” Kanna pointed her bat towards Yajima-san “you won’t be lucky this time” Kanna turned to catch her girls’ eyes and gave them a nod, triggering for them to attack.  They ran towards Yajima-san, weapon in the air, getting ready to strike.

With Airin still behind me, we watched Yajima-san block their attacks and even had a hand on one of their weapon when the other girl struck down on her hand.  I winced just seeing it and imagining how painful that would have been whereas I could hear Airin gasp behind me.  Yajima-san let go of the weapon, taking a couple of steps back “Haha, not as tough now are we?” Kanna laughed from in front of us “finish her” then turned facing us, when we weren’t paying attention.

“Come on Airin, let’s go” Feeling Airin’s presence leaving from behind me, I tried to grab onto her but missed.  Yajima-san appeared all of a sudden and held onto Kanna whereas I from where the battle once was to see Kanna’s girls on the ground.

“Let go! I let you off easy last time but this time we are playing under my rules” I watched as Kanna used her free hand holding her weapon, lifting it before striking it downwards towards Yajima-san

“No” Airin moved so that she was in the way, in which I tried to scramble up and pull her out.  Yajima-san’s reflexes were extremely good, watching her move Airin aside in one swift motion and used her body to cover her.  My hand went over my mouth as I heard the thump that came from the bat making contact onto a human body.  Kanna didn’t stop there though, she continuously whacked Yajima-san and what surprised me was that Yajima-san was still standing taking everything, not fighting back.  I covered my face with both my hands, I couldn’t bare to see this yet I was concerned about Airin so I would take peeks here and there through my fingers.

“ARG!!!” I heard Yajima-san yell out then straighten up, letting go of Airin.  Yajima-san turned around and looked at Kanna and I could totally see the fear on her face.  I took this moment to grab Airin and crouched her down behind me “You don’t scare me anymore” I didn’t think Yajima-san was scared of Kanna but I did notice something was amiss, the facial expression that Yajima-san had was different, I couldn’t pinpoint it but I knew it was different. 

I turned to meet Airin’s eyes and mouthed to her “what is that about?” Airin shrugged her shoulders but we turned to see what was going to happen.  Yajima-san started slowly moving forward and with every step Yajima-san took forward, Kanna would take one back until Kanna swung at her but never made contact because Yajima-san caught the bat in her hand.  I saw her hand do a twisting motion which caused Kanna to lose the grip of her weapon, pointing the weapon back at her.  We were so absorbed by Kanna and Yajima-san that we didn’t notice one of Kanna’s girls behind Yajima-san until they had struck her.  Yajima-san paused in her footsteps and turned, startling the girl for a bit before they began attacking and Yajima-san defending.

All of a sudden Yajima-san thrust the bat into the girl’s abdomen causing her to bend over holding her abdomen in pain.  What I didn’t expect was that Yajima-san took this moment to whack her across the head, both Airin’s and my eyes literally popped open at the brutality “You don’t scare me anymore” Yajima-san repeated in a firm tone turning towards Kanna once again.  Yajima-san’s movement was unpredictable because one minute she was taking slow steps the next she suddenly charged at Kanna, weapon raised, but never reached Kanna because we saw the other girl run up to Yajima-san with a bottle in hand, smashing it over her head.  However, because Yajima-san didn’t waver or fall, I could see the girl trembling, heck we are all shocked, so they took steps backward giving her some distance.

Blood oozing could be noticed and it was dripping at a quick rate from the back of Yajima-san’s head but instead of tending to it, Yajima-san turned around to the girl.  Unexpectedly, when Yajima-san saw the girl, Yajima-san was the one with the shocked expression “I got you!! Why won’t you stay down?!” Yajima-san threw her bat towards her, missing her but the action was enough to scare her off.  Yajima-san watched her run away before directing her attention to Kanna once more, pointing her finger at her “YOU!” was all she said

I felt Airin leave my side and ran in front of Yajima-san, arms out “STOP!!!” Yajima-san did a double take then turned around looking for something I presume.  Kanna took this moment to scamper off I assume while our attention was on Yajima-san walking away.  She was wobbling while walking away until Airin put a hand on her arm “where are you going?” Yajima-san shook off Airin’s hand and continued to walk away, using the walls as support.  Taking a few more steps before she collapsed before us.  Airin and I ran up to her “Yajima-san…Yajima-san” Airin then turned to me “Miya, get her other half and tell her about Yajima-san”

“B-but what about you?” I was shocked, so shocked that my legs felt weak

“I can’t leave her here, now quickly she’s losing blood, I’m going to call an ambulance”

“Okay Airin, keep in touch, I’ll call you when I’ve got the other one” I ran as fast as my legs could carry me until I skidded to a halt thinking for a moment.  Sh*t! I don’t even know where she is, where am I suppose to go? I racked my brain, thinking of anyone that might know where her whereabouts are, taking out my cell, I scrolled down my contacts until my eyes landed on Momo.

“Moshi moshi”

“Momo!!!” I huffed out

“Jesus!! Miya!! I know you miss me and all but…”

“Shut up Momo!! Do you know where the shorter one of the duet combo is?”

“Why?”

“Just tell me damnit! It’s an emergency!”

“Okay, okay…I believe the dance club is having a competition soon, so I am guessing she is practicing”

“Where?” Momo gave me the location before I bade her goodbye quickly and ran towards the school, where the dance club should be practicing

Bursting through the doors, everyone stopped to look at me, trying to catch my breath while scanning the room until I saw her.  Without saying anything I walked up to her and grabbed her hand, dragging her with me.

“Hey, what are you doing?” she was pulling backwards and I was surprised at the amount of strength she had in such a small frame

“Your…friend…is….hurt.  Airin is calling for an ambulance as we speak”

She grabbed me by the shoulders, shaking me violently to the point that I think my eyeballs touched the back of my skull “Where? What happened? Why? How?”

I stopped her from shaking me and was about to respond when my cell beeped indicating a new text message

~Miya, we are at the hospital nearby, she is unconscious and need info stat~ Airin

I passed my phone to the shorter one to see before she jolted to grab her things, apologizing hastily to everyone and ran out with me in tow.

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 10 - updated 2/16
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »
this story is getting interesting... good job  :)

So Saki has a crush on Airi?  :?
“No!” Saki’s crush leaned forward trying to block.  Good thing my reflexes are great as I moved Saki’s crush aside covering her with my own body feeling the bat land on my back.  I winced at the pain that I had long forgotten, whack after whack I stood still withstanding everything when images flashed before my eyes.
“No” Airin moved so that she was in the way, in which I tried to scramble up and pull her out.  Yajima-san’s reflexes were extremely good, watching her move Airin aside in one swift motion and used her body to cover her.  My hand went over my mouth as I heard the thump that came from the bat making contact onto a human body.  Kanna didn’t stop there though, she continuously whacked Yajima-san and what surprised me was that Yajima-san was still standing taking everything, not fighting back.  I covered my face with both my hands, I couldn’t bare to see this yet I was concerned about Airin so I would take peeks here and there through my fingers.

if it is indeed Airi, i think there's a mistake here... just to point it out since i get confused  :nervous
“Just leave us alone” Saki’s crush shouted out.  Judging by the situation the girl isn’t going to leave quietly without Saki’s crush, as I scan around for a weapon of my own.  Picking up my own metal pipe, I mentally reminded myself that no matter what, scare them off and don’t go overboard, inhaling and exhaling a couple of times.

“Just leave us alone” I shouted out grabbing Airin to hid behind me, I wasn’t going to let her take Airin away and I’ll die trying if I have to

Offline Airidoki

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
 :mon cute: I am really enjoying this fic

I see only fic momosu here  :mon sweat:

:tantrum: Update please!

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
@ eruchan: sorry for the mistake, must remember to read before posting and read the last chapter before writing anything else.  To clarify, Saki's crush is Airi you are correct, my bad.  :bow:

@ Airidoki:  :welcome and thank you for reading, hope I don't disappoint.

Chapter 11

Airi POV

After sending the text to Miya, I turned to the nurse and told them someone will be here soon before continuing with my pacing.    I was worried without a doubt because Yajima-san is only in this condition because of me and my issues.  What I couldn’t understand was the look she had on her face, it was a changed facial expression, yes she wasn’t smiling but it was still different, dark even.  I shook the images out of my head because it didn’t mattered, what mattered now is that she is alright or I’ll feel guilty for the rest of my life.

“Airin!” I spun around to see Miya with the shorter one of the duet combo.

“What happened?” she asked

“The nurses need her information first so why don’t you do that first then we’ll explain everything” I ushered her to the nurses’ station

“How is she?” Miya asked when the shorter one was gone

“I don’t know but she was losing blood fast so the paramedics had to apply pressure to her head the whole time but it was still leaking” I was about to cry because I’ve never been so scared in my life twice

“Come here” Miya opened her arms for me to lean into, crying on my shoulders “I’m just as scared as you Airin, but I’m sure she’ll make it, let’s hope for the best”

We heard footsteps coming our way so we pulled apart to see the shorter one walking towards us, red-eyed “what exactly happened?”

“It’s my fault, Yajima-san…Yajima-san tried to stop Kanna…and…”

We sat down on the chairs in the hallway retelling her everything with Miya and myself taking turns explaining what we saw.  By the time we were done, the shorter girs’ silent tears were falling non-stop, eyes closed, head a bit lowered.  Miya and I didn’t really know what to do but I took out a pack of tissues placing it in her hands in which she took mumbling a quiet thanks

“Who is the family member of Yajima Maimi?” a doctor came out from where Yajima-san was getting treated, making us all look up

The shorter one jumped up and stepped forward “I am her best friend”

“Sorry but we need her family members here”

“She…she doesn’t have any” the shorter one said with hesitation

“Okay, then can you contact her guardians, and notify that she is here? We stitched her up from her wounds at the back of her head and the wounds on her back…” the doctor looked at the shorter one

“the new ones? Please continue” Miya and I looked at each other…new ones? Does that mean she has old ones as well?

“These will go away over time however she is to stay in bed for the next while so we are admitting her in for one week surveillance, which is why we need her guardians”

“Thank you doctor, I will tell my parents to sign for her admittance” Her parents? Does Yajima-san live with the shorter one? The doctor nodded and walked off and the shorter one turned to us “thanks for bringing her here…you probably have your own things to do…”

I understand that the shorter one wanted us to leave but I was curious and was about to ask when Miya pulled me back “sure, hope she feels better soon” before dragging me away

“But Miya…” I protested when we were outside the hospital

“Airin, obviously she doesn’t want us to know so why make her yell at us to leave? Let’s just go for now” Miya had a point so I had no other choice but to just let it go

Throughout the night I couldn’t help thinking of the day’s events from when Yajima-san covered me using her body to the information I’ve just learnt about the duet combo.  Many questions were floating in my mind such as what the shorter meant by Yajima-san had no family? Why did the shorter one mention new wounds? Does that mean there are old ones? Why does Yajima-san have old wounds? The image of Yajima-san’s face when she was fighting off the girls and Kanna popped up and I wonder what she meant by her not being scared by Kanna anymore, does she know Kanna? But that’s not possible since Kanna obviously doesn’t recognize her then why the statement? I had too many questions and it didn’t look like I was going to find the answers anytime soon but regardless I should visit, I mean it was because of me that Yajima-san is in this state right? I should at least say proper thanks to her right? Feeling my eyes starting to droop, I slowly felt tired throughout my body, with the last thought in my mind being a mental note to visit.
**************************************************************************************
The next morning, I met Miya at our usual location “Good morning Miya” I tried hard not to yawn and judging by Miya’s face, I could tell she didn’t sleep well either

“Morning Airin, how are you feeling?”

I rubbed my eyes a bit “could’ve been better”

Miya gave a small snort “yeah, I know what you mean, I couldn’t really sleep yesterday…the events kept on flashing before me and I got scared, I have never been so scared or witnessed such things happen in my life”

“I am planning to visit her after school”

“Do you think that is wise?”

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is that we were the cause of this right? Do you think it is wise to visit her when we indirectly put her into a hospital? I mean she might be ticked at us for causing her trouble”

Miya had a point, I did indirectly cause Yajima-san to be in a hospital, she might not want to see me, so what should I do? What can I do? I guess Miya could see the dilemma on my face so being the great person I know her to be “we could talk to the shorter one” At times like this I could kiss Miya for being the great at finding solutions to my troubles.  Flashing Miya a toothy grin and nod we both planned out how and when we were to approach Yajima-san’s partner.

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 11 - updated 2/22
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
thank you for the update  :) i'm enjoying the chapter
looks like saki not really friendly with miyairi duo, maybe she's blaming them for maimi's injury?  :(

well... thank you for clarifying my question
it's ok to make mistakes sometimes, don't worry and keep writing  :thumbsup

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »
I hope Saki is only worried about Maimi and not blaming Miya and Airi for that  :(
I'm really enjoying this so i'm waiting for new chapters  :D

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 03:41:33 PM »
@ eruchan: It's not that Saki is not friendly more like she is way more worried about Maimi to really converse with them at the moment.  Also bear in mind that Maimi's past is not something that Saki and Maimi can freely talk about....yet

@ shenlong: you're concern has been addressed, Saki is more worried about Maimi to be social

Chapter 12

Saki POV

I had called my parents and informed them to go to the hospital to sign forms for Maimi, and I expected that they would freak out, it’s been ages that or what feels like ages since Maimi was admitted to the hospital again.  They questioned me about what happened and I told them a brief overview, leaving some of my concerns and some of the truths out.  My mind had been going non-stop at why Maimi had fought with others, not like what others see but something that the 2 girls said to me had me thinking this wasn’t as simple.

I had managed to go through my classes trying to take the necessary notes but I really wasn’t paying attention much.  I wanted to skip out on dance practice but the competition is coming up and everyone was working hard yesterday when I left abruptly so I can’t skip it.  I had been thinking about what I was going to do while coming out of class that I didn’t really see where I was going.

~BUMP~ “Sorry” I bowed still looking at the floor thinking not really caring who it was I bumped into and walked away

“Ano…” Is this person going to give me trouble? Just what I need, more issues to deal with.

“Sorry” I repeated my actions again and was about to walk off again when I felt someone pulling me back.  What in the world? Are they going to make a big deal of it? I turned around annoyed to find the 2 from yesterday, the cute one and her friend.

“Ano…sorry to bother you…but we were wondering…how is your friend?” I was staring at the cute one while her friend was talking “Sorry for coming to you so unexpectedly, um…let us introduce ourselves senpai, I am Natsuyaki Miyabi and this is my best friend Suzuki Airi” Suzuki Airi eh? Cute name for a cute girl.

“Shimizu Saki, she was admitted but thank you for coming to find me telling me about it” Yes I am staring but I still know to respond and express gratitude, score one for me!!!

“We…we were wondering if we could visit Yajima-san with you if you were going…” Suzuki-san is even cuter when she is stumbling with her words but this may be the solution to my problem, looking at the both of them.  I recognize Natsuyaki-san to be on the baseball team so that solves another item on my to-do list and them going can solve my dilemma.

“I can’t visit Maimi today…” their faces fell, for what reason I don’t know but I’ll just ignore it for now “but if you can do me a favour that would be great”

“W-what is it?”

I turned to look at Natsuyaki-san first “Natsuyaki-san, do you mind telling the coach Maimi will be out of commission due to family issues, we don’t need the school to know the truth about what happened” fully understanding the implication of this, Natsuyaki-san nodded “ and can you visit Maimi on my behalf, tell me her condition as well if anything happens?”

They both smiled and nodded happily “Er…how do we contact you? I mean Miya running all the way would be difficult…”

“Give me your cellphone” Suzuki-san handed me her cell so I inputted my digits, pressed the “send” button so that I have hers as well, before giving it back to her “there, you’ll be able to contact me without having Natsuyaki-san run back to the school all the time”

“Thank you, we’ll be off then, so you don’t miss practice” they bowed slightly then walked off.

Seeing them walk off I thought back to what caused all of this, something just didn’t seem right and the only person who can possibly answer my questions is lying in a hospital bed.  I didn’t have to worry about the doctors telling those 2 Maimi’s previous condition because I made sure, with the aid of my parents, to stress that no information was to be given unless it was with her new injuries.  Maimi hasn’t or isn’t a very open person to others yet and I’d hate to think that others know, making her feel embarrassed and become even more of a closed person than she is already.
Throughout practice I would get messages indicating Maimi’s well-being, I guess because they knew I didn’t feel easy without knowing in which I am grateful for.  Can’t say that Maimi’s incident didn’t have its benefits in that I got to become closer with the cute girl.  I ran to the hospital once practice was over with the thought that Suzuki-san and Natsuyaki-san should have gone home since it was late and I told my parents that I will ask the doctor of Maimi’s progress so that they wouldn’t have to worry so much.  To my surprise though, they were in the hallway sleeping on each other’s heads.  I walked up to them and tried to wake them up

“Suzuki-san, Natsuyaki-san” I tapped them lightly on the shoulder

“Go away Chisa!!!!” I heard Natsuyaki-san mumble, how cute

“Suzuki-san, Natsuyaki-san” again I tapped them on the shoulder

“Kappa, get off there” now it was Suzuki-san’s turn to mumble whereas I got curious as to what other things they were going to spit out so I gave them another tap with an amused grin

“Stop pinkying me Momo” they both simultaneously mumbled

“Ah Shimizu-san, the doctor would like to see you” the nurse spoke out waking up the 2 sleeping beauties.  I quickly told them to go home before heading towards the doctor’s office with the nurse leading the way.

~KNOCK KNOCK~ “Sensei, you wanted to see me?”

“Yes, I am aware that Yajima-san’s case is to be dealt with you and I have some inquiries that maybe you have the answers to”

“About?” I don’t like how this sounds at all

“The old scars and internal injuries of Yajima-san”

I thought about the statement and the importance it would be but I couldn’t find one and I don’t think the doctor needs to know that much about what has happened in the past “Does it matter?”

“Yes”

“How so?” I really don’t understand how Maimi’s old injuries could have an effect on her new ones

“When we examined Yajima-san for other injuries, the results didn’t come in until today” the doctor opened up a file “under close examination, we have found that her old injuries have made an internal impact on her and requires immediate attention”

I panicked at this moment, what internal impact? She only had scars up to date right? “What’s wrong?”

“Apparently the recent injuries sustained by Yajima-san’s body shows that there is a major fracture in her rib cage, a fracture that doesn’t seem to be the results of her current condition”

A fracture in her rib cage? That’s not possible, the injuries from when Maimi was younger should have been noticed then but we were never informed unless…”So you’re telling me that this fracture couldn’t have appeared from her recent incident? How so? I mean she was bloody and battered”

“The signs from the shape and form of her bruises tell us that the accident was only strong enough to possible cause a minor fracture but the size of the fracture is not giving us this.  Shimizu-san…how long ago was the minor fracture?  We need to know whether she’s had treatment besides taking pain killers from before and the length of time to decide on the proper treatment”

She’s been taking pain killers??? When was this??? There has to be a mistake but doctors won’t mistakes on what the patient has taken, I thought they were sleeping pills.  I thought about the possibilities of when Maimi could have obtained the fracture because frankly I didn’t know of any treatments or of any other serious injuries “I think approximately 3 to 4 years ago and I don’t think she had proper treatment or any for that matter.  I don’t think Maimi even knows she fractured her rib cage”

“Okay…” The doctor wrote some things down in the file “…and just out of curiosity…is there any reason why Yajima-san has scars all over her body?”

I knew this definitely had no bearing on Maimi’s treatment and I know what the doctor is thinking “Sorry sensei but that I have to keep confidential however she is not suicidal”

The doctor looked up at me for a little longer “I see, I’ll respect your decision, it was only out of curiosity”

“Is there anything else? How is her head wound?”

“We stitched her up and bandaged her head so that it can minimize the chances of opening but she’ll have to be careful about the stitching as well.  Frankly, I believe that when we have fixed her rib cage, the stitching would be set in place…as well I am requesting that you help persuade Yajima-san in staying here for treatment, she did wake up and tried to leave so we had to sedate her”

I bowed to the doctor “Sorry sensei for bringing you trouble.   Maimi isn’t too fond of hospitals which can explain her reactions.  I will persuade her to accept treatment and behave”

“Thank you, that is all”

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 12 - updated 3/7
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
Capitan's being a poking monster  :lol:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Big Bang - Tonight