JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 298748 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #480 on: December 23, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
All those things are true of Crisis Core, and it still turned out well. Most of them are true of FFVII too.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #481 on: December 23, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
By reading the list it reads like the game is an amalgamation of other JRPG efforts, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Most of that stuff doesn't seem so bad either.

Shopping at save points worked pretty well for Crisis Core. Also saves having to revisit a previous town just because you're running out of Antidotes.

Mashing attack has always seemed to be the best approach for FF battles, only boss battles tend to force you to do more.

No levels doesn't really bother me. FFX and FFXII practically done away with it, leaving real progression up to the player via the Sphere Grid or the License Board.

The summoning animations always seemed a bit outlandish (Shiva as a motorcycle?) but as I've yet to see it, I'm not gonna comment on it. If it's anything like other FF games, then summons aren't even really necessary.

I only hope there is a lot of side quests to do. I loved, loved the mark hunting in FFXII where you had to hunt down new monsters in other locales. I hope something similar is put in here. Otherwise, I'd like quests where you can discover new weapons, skills, items, armor etc. And to be fair, one of the criticisms does seem unfair. The game ending if the main character dies? It was a pain for Persona, it could be a pain here.

Offline Blacky-

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #482 on: December 23, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »
OMG, it seems very disappointing. :cry:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #483 on: December 23, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »
If that's really the point... than I'll wait and rent the game from the store and test it out before I decide to buy it.

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #484 on: December 24, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »
I loved mark hunting too and like side quests.

I dunno, I'm still going to get the game.  :lol:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
Amazon.de takes now the pre-orders for Final Fantasy XIII... They added two editions: the Regular Edition and the Special Edition! :w00t:
And you can pre-order the OST (both editions) there too.

Now.. I want to know what kind of Special Edition we get?! Is it like Dissidia: Final Fantasy?

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
If it's anything like Crisis Core or Dissidia then I'd say it will be a fancy box containing artwork, a sample disc of the soundtrack and a sample of the official walkthrough. Not sure about the price though cause the special edition is cheaper than the regular and at the listed price for the regular edition, 79 Euros, it amounts to 72 GBP. Way too high for a regular edition. Hopefully, as it's a main entry of the series, they might include something extra for the special edition, but I have no idea as to what XD

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »
That's why, I'll wait with the ordering =D
The price now is too expensive, for both. And if you want the OST, then import it from Play-Asia or Yesasia... You can get it for cheaper there...
I'll import the OST from Yesasia, 'cause it's a little bit cheaper, than on Amazon the price...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #488 on: December 31, 2009, 01:40:31 AM »
Here's a (spoiler free) look at FFXIII which lists criticisms mentioned earlier and addresses them to let you know it's not as bad as you fear

It's a positive article, and I'm intrigued to learn that setting the AI for your characters plays a huge part in battles, perhaps more so than ever as it's game over when your main character dies and that impressions are that this could be the hardest FF game yet. So the party healing after each battle is not as bad as anticipated. It even says the summon monsters transforming into vehicles has it's benefits, something which I was pretty dubious about.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2009, 01:52:38 AM »
Damn, the sentence with the mighty Chocobo made me laugh! XDDDD

But anyway... thanks for the link!
That makes me think about the game one more time again!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »
I got my pet Chocobo for my 360 avatar today :)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »
Here's a (spoiler free) look at FFXIII which lists criticisms mentioned earlier and addresses them to let you know it's not as bad as you fear

It's a positive article, and I'm intrigued to learn that setting the AI for your characters plays a huge part in battles, perhaps more so than ever as it's game over when your main character dies and that impressions are that this could be the hardest FF game yet. So the party healing after each battle is not as bad as anticipated. It even says the summon monsters transforming into vehicles has it's benefits, something which I was pretty dubious about.

Seems like a healthy Dragon Age influence from these first impressions.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2010, 01:28:16 AM »
I caved and listened to the Chocobo theme tune for FFXIII and it sounds like one of the best:

Sounds like something from Cowboy Bebop. And it's awesome.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2010, 05:14:31 AM »
Damn! XD
That sound so amazing!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #494 on: January 06, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
I pre-ordered the FF13 SE today. Let's hope there's some good stuff included otherwise I'll cancel and stick with the normal version.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2010, 02:54:50 AM »
Signups for FFXIV are being taken!! instructions here!!

http://www.finalfantasy14-online.com/forum/ffxiv-beta-information.php

Shame there's not a guarentee that you'll actually get IN but.. it's worth trying, no? :D

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2010, 04:18:24 AM »
Noot interested.... XD
I want Versus XIII.... :banghead:

And of course Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2010, 05:42:09 AM »
I caved and listened to the Chocobo theme tune for FFXIII and it sounds like one of the best:

Sounds like something from Cowboy Bebop. And it's awesome.

I'm already 40+ hours into the game, soon I'll share my opinions about the game with all of you, but when you mentioned the chocobo theme I had to say something. I LOVED this song!

[spoiler][bgcolor=#FFFFFF]The moment you arrive in a city (can't remember it's name right now, it's only Sahz and Vanille, this song plays in an specific part and the moment is great[/bgcolor] [/spoiler]

Not only this song, but this soundtrack, is by far the best in the series, it has all kinds of music. There's jazz, bossa nova, and of course, those epic FF songs!

For now I can't say if this game will be my favorite in the series, but it's already in my top 3 together with FFVII and FFX.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:44:10 AM by Yuna »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2010, 12:31:52 PM »
Awesome Yuna! Thanks for the update! Seems like the game starts off slow as in, 10+hrs in and still teaching you new stuff slow which I know has turned off people from it already. Eurogamer published a 5hrs hands on preview and said as much, pointing out the lack of towns, shops etc which has turned off people even more so from the game, harking that the linear approach to the game is a return to JRPG conventions and only playing it safe after the freedom offered by FFXII.

Which annoys me. Because it's these same people who bemoaned FFXII for being too expansive, too non-linear, in fact too much unlike what they're used to expect from a JRPG, yet when FFXIII sounds pretty much like FFX, they moan once again about Square playing it safe, despite removing any JRPG staples like towns or shops. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I don't know what FF has to do, or any other JRPG for that matter, to avoid accusations of stagnation, other than be a WRPG of course XD

Woah just checked, 100+ hrs of Dissidia and I haven't completed the Story mode yet :o :o

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »
^Nothing to be shocked about that. It took me closer to 150 hours to finish Inward Chaos (the last one after completing the rest of the modes XD). So much pain trying to finish it...and I haven't even unlocked all the achievements! >_> I think I gave up on that for now....lol. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream