JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Atsuko Maeda - I`m free

Author Topic: Gunman kills 30 at US University  (Read 16469 times)

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
Re: Gunman kills 30 at US University
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
guys, it's been confirmed here..

the dude's chinese, came from china...

i suggested for those of us that's in the States and esp. near the VA/DC region that are of young asian male profiles be alert; u just never know... :-X

Excuse me, what do you say?

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline kamekame

• ecchi
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 07:38:44 AM »
y would eh do that? what 4?

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »
Sad - But not surprising...

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »
guys, it's been confirmed here..

the dude's chinese, came from china...

i suggested for those of us that's in the States and esp. near the VA/DC region that are of young asian male profiles be alert; u just never know... :-X

sorry guys,  apparently the media release wrong info about that shooter's ethinicity last night.

dude's actually Korean, 23 yrs. old senior student from Centerville, VA.

The latter heads-up remains though...since most non-asian american can't tell chinese, japanese, etc. from korean anyway...we DON"T need another "Vincent Chin" incident...so ALL asians, keep safe

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 03:49:21 PM »
Oh, I read your comment wrong.. Pardon me... I though you say stay away from asian lol.. Duh.. my mistake... -_-"

Just to clarify things.. I'm asian too lol. But from SEA.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:51:57 PM by ziggurat »

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline makeme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
I just wonder what the bloke reason's for the killing of so many. ???

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »
My friend attends that University, and was present when the shooting took place.
Thankfully she was in the building next to the one where the second shooting took place (and the most deaths happened) so she's fine.
But still, if the shooter decided to walk left instead of right, she could of easily became one of the victims....

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »
"I used to think that the US was such a "safe" place to live"

Sorry, where you get a gun with opening a bank account, wheres that safe?
That is anarchy, where people are allowed to run open with weapons around. Where kids go to fathers room or a friend to get enough material to start a war. Sorry, I never will go again to the US. I like to live.
I was on a practica in US and saw/heard two gunfights in this time, that was enough for me. Never again!
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »
I've got friends who attend Tech so I was worried when I heard about it but was relieved when I found out they're ok. May those who lost their lives RIP. The last time I went to tech they had a manhunt out for the an escaped prisoner while I was there but I still felt safe staying in Blacksburg. My condolences to the family and friends of those lost.

Offline C60533

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »
Apparently the guy was a real loner, kept to himself, didn't talk to anyone, etc.  and left a note before he went out and killed the people. Also he wrote rather....morbid things as well. Apparently he wrote on a forum that he was going to do it...but I think that's just speculation.  He was also on some medication for depression and the like and might've been resposible for burning down a dorm once. What I wanna know is WHY the guy did that....

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
He was of Korean Descent and from the DC area.  Not Chinese.  He was a permanent Alien resident, that was why he was allowed to purchase a handgun. 

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »
This has been on the news everywhere the past two days, I've been sorta following it since a couple hours since it happened. Really tragic news.

lol @ all the comments about guns in the US. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. like a couple others have said, if he didn't have a gun, he would've found another way to do it. And no, people don't carry guns everywhere. It is illegal to have a concealed weapon in the US unless you have a special permit like FBI or something like that. If everyone were walking around with guns, I'd know. Depending on the state, is is extrememly difficult to actually purchase a gun. Actually states with less gun control laws have less reported shootings. Would stronger gun laws do something to prevent these school shootings? Most likely not.

This is a completely isolated incident and has nothing to do with the rest of the US.

I think the biggest problem with the this is that the first shooting was done hours before and the rest of the students didn't even seem to know about it. Come on, if an unkown gunman was walking around campus, shouldn't you tell the people that they might be in danger?

Offline thenewrick

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »
We are Virginia Tech. We are sad today. Say a prayer for the Hokie Nation.

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 11:39:54 PM »
It's surprising that he managed to kill 31 people

-he was alone
-he only had 2 handguns

While the 2 columbine shooters didn't kill as many.
-there were 2 of them
-they had many types of guns ranging from rifles, shotguns, semi-automatic machine guns, pipe bombs.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 11:49:05 PM »
This guy probably killed people right away. No talking, just shooting. I don't know how killings were spread out, but just a good sized class can have over 30 people. All of the shooting could have been in one room.

Has anything been said about exactly where in the building the shooting took place? I haven't payed much attention after the initial reports.

Offline wildstarr

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 11:49:42 PM »
Well don't forget he chained the doors together so no one could get in or out of the building.  Thats why the death toll was so high.

Offline Ching1670

• Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 12:36:29 AM »
Another incident because of gun control in the United States....

My prayer goes to the victims and their friends and family:(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:37:03 AM by Ching1670 »

Offline Loopy

• The Superior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 01:46:00 AM »
This sucks.  My condolences go out to those who suffered.  And yes, gun control laws need to be heightened.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »
This was not because of gun control... why do people think anyone in the US can have a gun? Do your research.

This was done by a very sick person on a rampage. If he were to have a car he could've easily used it to run down pedestrians, but you can't blame this on traffic laws. And yes you can do this at the spur of the moment.

I actually read the BBC article, "The US also has a history of school shootings". propaganda bullshit. 4 major cases. Anyone consider how big the United States is? These incidents are as different as the ones that happened in other parts of the world.

Anyways, yeah, he chained the doors shut so people couldn't get out of the building. People were jumping out of windows and getting injured, so I'm thinking this was not on the first story.

Offline BuRn

• Gonna BuRn in Hell when I DIE!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 02:36:13 AM »
great.............. asians are gonna be the 'new muslims'................ just what we all need...

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Atsuko Maeda - I`m free