JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - GIRLS TALK

Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 31190 times)

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Re: E3 2007
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:25 AM »
i gotta say, jade raymond is a VG babe :jerk:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »
^ Certainly is, but I don't like the fanboy drooling over her which is making her more of a talking point then the game itself. People go on about how gamers have moved on from the tired stereotype, but by reading the comments in any Jade Raymond video, you'd think otherwise. If we want more pretty women in the world of gaming, we have to restrain ourselves from picking up the lotion as soon as one enters, guys!!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 04:54:59 AM »
well for someone that hot to be in the industry is something special, but I've seen hotter gamers :P

plus a gamer girl isn't that hot until she kicks your ass in them

but the way some of them pout if you kick their ass can be pretty cute :lol:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:56:42 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: E3 2009
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »
So this year's E3 is merely weeks away, and while it's probably not at the same level as it was in the past, there's still a few things to get excited over. What announcements will the big 3 announce? Could Microsoft be getting a new peripheral? Kojima Productions are announcing a new title soon, could it be MGS4 for the 360? A whole new IP? Or another shitty iPhone game nobody cares about? :lol:

And some big games to be revealed. Mass Effect 2 is my most anticipated. But then there's Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2, hopefully some Final Fantasy footage, and maybe even a few hidden gems can be revealed.

Most important of all? The Booth Babes are making a comeback XD

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »
I'm excited! I always love seeing all the stuff coming out after E3.

What I'm most looking forward to seeing (might be a little wishful thinking)

- Perfect Dark 2 (A true sequel not that PDZ bull)
- God of War 3 stuff
- Mass Effect 2 with even more awesome dialogue, combat, and leveling up. Less vehicles plz
- Next Metal Gear set in WW2. You play as the boss and her unit during the Normandy invasion. Call it Metal Gear Joy (they must make this game dammit!)
- Alan Wake stuff
- Mafia 2 stuff (been a looooong time coming)
- Red Dead Redemption stuff(looks f'in awesome! GTA in the wild west)
- Uncharted 2 even though I only played the demo of the first, but it was beautiful and I probably played it about 20 times
Edit: Almost forgot Half Life 2 Episode 3 :O *prays*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:36:40 PM by zoolander »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 09:31:59 PM »
uncharted 2 is nuts

gameplay footage
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49329.html

Offline genkimikan

• ecchi
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 06:29:38 AM »
How is everyone watching this year (anyone lucky enough to be going?)? I'll do my usual G4TV (provided they don't cut to a commercial at a pivotal point again) and Gamespot.

What I'm hoping will happen but probably won't:
- the real KOTOR 3 (not that random MMORPG)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy 2 (or 3, it's been a while)
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- New Matrix game that doesn't suck

Otherwise I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2, Assassin's 2, that Splinter Cell game that is taking forever, and a new Need for Speed game that (hopefully) goes back to it's roots.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »
Seems as if the party's begun! Keeping my eyes open now for some good stuff, and I haven't been dissapointed with this trailer for
Could it be another RPG but in the distant future? FPS?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Well shit, Microsoft just had their press conference and there's a lot to get excited over:

- Metal Gear Solid - That's right MGS for the 360 :w00t: But no, not MGS4. Instead it's a spin-off where Raiden is the main character. I was secretly hoping for a MGS4 port but at least this news won't have Sony fanboys slitting their wrists. though they may have done so as soon as it was announced

- Left 4 Dead 2 - HELL YES! L4D has quickly become my favourite 360 game so a sequel is welcome with open arms. New survivors, zombies, specials, campaigns on top of the AI director changing weather effects, obstacles and pathways. New melee weapons as well like axes, baseball bats and even frying pans. Out in Nov. Can't wait.

- FFXIII - Supposedly some new gorgeous gameplay of summoning Odin and the options it brings to gameplay was shown, but even better was the news of a Spring 2010 release. Hopefully it means a PAL release too.

- Project Natal - Or the XBox 720 in essence. MS follows in Nintendo's route and adds a camera based, no controller method of playing games that's compatible with every 360. Facial, and voice recognition included. Steven Speilberg is supposedly into it and is helping develop a number of games for it. Would be interesting to see how it looks at least.

Some other good stuff mentioned as well, Crackdown 2, Modern Warfare 2, Alan Wake, Forza 3 and a bunch of other stuff no-one cares about like Facebook and twitter support XD

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »
God, the E3 moment is one of the best of the year for me.

Very good conference for Micr$oft.

The new MGS will surely make me finally buy a 360 (with Deathsmiles, at laaaast) :lol:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »
Did the MS vice-pres just call Hideo the creator of Metal Guild Solid? :lol:
Must've been the project codename. :P

Even though it was inevitable, having full Xbox360 games downloadable is also a nice touch.
Too bad I live in the stone age, and have a fear of using credit cards. Hope they make bigger MP cards.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:50:41 PM by winner »

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »
I caught most of the conference save for the first 20 min or so.

Ughh . . . a ninja Raiden game . . . I'm hoping it's just a joke. Kojima's man crush needs to stop. Probably an action game or something. Why not be awesome and make a game about the hands down most bad ass video game character ever. The Boss.

Personally, I thought Splinter Cell looked AMAZING. I haven't played one since the first (and that didn't really grab me besides the amazing graphics for the time) but I love some of the stuff they are doing with it like the objectives projecting right on the environment and the ability to tag guys to set up kills. Really slick and stylish.

Halo looked like Halo even without Master Chief. Modern Warfare looked intense. I must have missed crackdown . . .

Glad to see Alan Wake again for the first time in what 4 years? Still not out till next year. :cry:

Final Fantasy stuff looked the same.

The camera stuff they had looked kinda stupid but holy sheeet Spielberg. :O

Some of the new netflix, last fm, facebook stuff and what not sounds cool. Once I get netflix I'm gonna need to get a gold account again. So I guess I care about it. :lol:

E3 is always fun. :twothumbs

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
I love how they said "no other console can possibly do this" when Sony's just going to bring out Eyetoy 2 and it'll be exactly the same (hell maybe they'll even do it at this years E3, lol) all this 'revolutionary' gameplay just looks like Eyetoy games except made to be full games rather than minigames on the PS2, using some stuff that modern webcams use. Oh yeah.. with voice recognition too, since that's worked soooo well up until now, lol. That Milo kid's probably going to say "I'm sorry, could you say that again?" more than anything else, plus I have a hard time believing anything Moleneux has to say, lol.
I also like how they took stabs at the Wii but just brought out that girl playing a game that looked like the Wii Fit game where you hit the football with your head, lol.

I don't believe in this 'total control' either, it's just like the eyetoy where it will 'trace' where you are, so you can't move your arms forwards and backwards in a 3D plane, you'll just be waving out your arms and legs to either side of you like an eyetoy, M$ is just going to bring out a wiimote at some stage.

MGS is cool and all but doesn't everyone HATE Raiden? lol.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
yea i dont think anyone clapped except for the guy that hosts the 360 event after the raiden trailer.

the games i cant wait for are Assassin Creed 2, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Final Fantasy 13 Versus (Which is still MIA in E3 09), Modern Warfare 2 and of course Heavy Rain. Alan Wake seemed to be overhyped. The graphics werent as good as they mentioned and the gameplay seems Silent Hill-est.

i dont give a rats ass to the motion controllers from PS3 or Xbox though as well as Project Natal..i prefer my games on a controller.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:48:33 PM by Mugen »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »
^ Yeh I hope it doesn't go overboard. There's some games that should just stick to a good old controller.

Anyway, more highlights from my quick scan through:

TRICO - The next game from Team ICO and it looks incredible.

FFXIV - You read it right. FF14. MMO PS3-exclusive. And it's out next year.

God Of War III - :drool:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Never played Galaxy, but it looked really good. And this time you get Yoshi! What's not to like?

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 12:02:27 AM »
oh yea forgot to mention about project trico. the trailer i saw touched a nerve.

im kinda ifft about FF14. hopefully it will be better than FF11 lol

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
both of the new mario games for the wii and the metroid game all look like fun.  seeing yoshi in mario galaxy 2 made me really happy for some reason.  haha.  i hope the game has more surprises though.  i'm sure it will since it doesnt come out until 2010.  it's cool that we'll be getting more of samus's backstory.  the gameplay looks pretty sweet too.  new super mario bros for the wii looks fun but i think they overhyped it with their intro for it.  nintendo's new peripheral, the vitality meter?!?!  what?!?!  it monitors your pulse....ok, what does that have to do with gaming?!  haha.

sony did really well this e3.  i was a little disappointed that there was no kingdom hearts 3 announcement, but hey...the new psp and ds versions arent even out and i'm sure the team is busy with ff vs xiii (also unmentioned).  modkart nation looks pretty fun.  ff xiv will be cool if the online is free.  i hope that's the case.  i havent tried xi and i definitely won't try xiv if you have to pay for online.  the last guardian looks really intriguing.  i wonder what the gameplay will be like.   

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
nintendo's new peripheral, the vitality meter?!?!  what?!?!  it monitors your pulse....ok, what does that have to do with gaming?!  haha.

I'm pretty sure it's for RPGs, to measure your stats, and suck blood from your body after every hit. :P
Or maybe the next Yakuza game will use it in their "mini-games". :twisted:

Oh, it's Nintendo..... next step in Wii Fit maybe? Predicting a Dr Mario comeback!

Holy medusa heads batman! Kratos is in the PSP version of Soul Calibur. :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:52:47 PM by winner »

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »
My games of the show

1. Mass Effect 2: Looks amazing as expected. Blowing off enemies limbs! Rocket Launchers! :w00t: (and I think I saw Tali's face)
1. Uncharted 2: Good freaking god O_O the graphics!
1. God of War 3: I can already feel it's bloody epic awesomeness as expected.
1. Last Guardian (Trico): Dammit! I know I'm gonna feel attached to The Guardian because I already love him/her/it just from the video.
5. Splinter Cell Conviction/ MG: Peace Walker/ Mario Galaxy map pac / Modern Warfare 2 / GT PSP

Disappointments:

Alan Wake
Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy 14 might be out before 13 :lol:
Most of the games I want come out next year :cry:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »
i have feeling the creature is going to die at the end  :cry:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - GIRLS TALK