JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - You Know That

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 27401 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 10:35:05 PM »
Thanks for putting that up

lol, the beginning part and the end with Link and Ganondorf was funny

Kirby and Metaknight's seemed like some of the weakest overall. Well idk, maybe if the oponent had a higher damage, it would have been better for them

I liked:

DK: Donkey Konga, that was a fun game

Pokemon trainer: It takes me back to those days when I would play Pokemon blue/yellow on my gameboy

Link: He's my favorite game character. The smash was great, cool and strong

Zelda/Sheik: Cuz of that matrix-like part :lol:

The Iceclimbers: It was strong and I liked the iceburg

Lucas: I didn't like it, I just thought it was funny how Ness went  "Ok", even though that's not gonna happen during Lucas' other smashes(unless the player does so..w/e)

Snake:  It was just awesome

Sonic:  Because Super Sonic is just classic

Toon Link: yeah, his was the same as Link, but I’ve always liked Young Link better
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:54:38 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »
Lucario looks pretty damn awesome.

This game needs to hurry up and come out in the US already ;_;

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
Update: just got Sonic in classic mode too, so gamefaqs is not totally correct yet~ Cos I'm nowhere near the end of SSE.

Pssst...GameFAQs is wrong about a lot of stuff :lol:

We don't verify any user-submitted secrets, so if there's something incorrect on there, use the "have we been fooled" link to report it please :)

Gratz on getting the game already, by the way.  I'm not hardcore enough to mod my Wii so I have to wait until they're through dicking around with localization.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 06:40:02 AM »
oh nice, marth is back! i read somewhere that he might not return! winner, lovin the game so far?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »
Meowchi -
It's taken over all my game time! (halo 3 multi can wait~ :lol:)
Used an afternoon and just clocked in 42% in the SSE mode and got Falco at the same time.  :lol:
Also asked my cousin to come over and play the vs mode and SSE tomorrow, cos that's where SSBB's heart lies. :yep:

3 things that've suprised me for SSE:
1. The mechanics really was simple enough for new gamers, like me, to start off really comfortably. and have a ton of space to improve skills.
2. There sure is a lot of action/cool/cute CG moments in-between! :lol:
3. It's crazy how much nintendo stuff they threw into it. I'm sure fans will start getting nostalgia... between all the craziness!  :D

Fracture -
I didn't report it, cos I think there's multiple ways to unlock the character (and the way listed might've been correct). So I'll let the pro guys do their job to find it out! :P

I'd strongly suggest everybody to not mod their Wii for this game. Cos when I asked for the game, the first thing the seller asked was if I modded my Wii. And the game disc had a firmware update, think it would be safer to wait till the english ver.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »
There sure is a lot of action/cool/cute CG moments in-between!

I'm really looking forward to those things
It's crazy how much nintendo stuff they threw into it.
and this too, lol. 

Something that I've always loved about SSB are the character taunts in the game. I hope some are funny and cool this time around

ahhh, there's still a month left before the US gets the game. I already wanna cross this off my wish list.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »
i think its cool how they added that nintendo robot; i had one as a kid, despite its sitting in storage since i got it...

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 04:42:14 AM »
R.O.B doesn't even do much when it was first released, more of an accessory thing.

back onto the game, theres a rip version of the game already, although its only DVD5. the game is a partial rip, not everything is fully functional yet and there might be some errors every now and then, but nothing serious.  as for the update, nothing will happen to the wii if you update it from that version.  aside from dual channels, but you can just move those asaide if it bothers you =D
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »
Just played over 70% of SSE. Got 32 characters now, all hidden characters were unlocked in SSE (after they show up in the story, or when the character is a main part of that level). So it isn't really hard to get them all, just a matter of time.

Still missing 3 though, which are Wolf, Jigglypuff and Toon Link. :roll:
Just got Gannondorf, a slo-mo character but nearly all killer moves. :twisted:

Played a little versus, it's pretty exciting and crazy. Guess I'll check out online gaming later. :P

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 11:13:05 PM »
The whole point in Smash Brothers is getting together with friends and family and kicking each other's ass in it XD

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »
hells yea sits.

so far i've unlocked luigi, marth and ness. having a blast trying out all the characters.  can't play SSE mode just yet cuz of it crashing in DVD5 mode. 
taking some time getting used to the stuff again since jump + z attack doesn't work on brawl anymore -_-
pkmn trainer and ike are a blast to play as too
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 07:34:40 AM »
Note: No spoilers, don't worry. :)

Finished SSE last night.  8)
My first team was totally unable to defeat the last boss, and I had to arrange a stronger team AND had to continue 5 times to beat it. Totally the hardest part so far.
We both died at the same time, so I only won by a nose.  :lol:

Funnily enough, both PokeTrainer and Ike were in the team. hehe! The rest I used were Kirby, Metaknight, Samus and Pikachu (kinda shows which characters I think are over-powered in the air).

But I only have 86%... how many unlockables are there!  XD

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »
man...i still got over a month til the game comes out. its not fair...oh well, sounds like the game is as awesome as it seemed it would be.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »
I just pre-order mine with one of the video games franchise.  Can't wait for it.  I heard from the saleman it's awesome as well.  he actually bought one from Japan and a japanese Nintendo wii just to play it.  he kinda showcasing it in the store, the cover that is, not the game itself.  kinda jealous...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 11:36:55 AM »
I unlocked the 3 remaining characters last week. Also did classic mode for half the characters, completed the 41 events, did boss battle challenge, and tried my hand at the batting challenge (my best so far is ~620m using Bowser).

So I'm mainly trying to open all the prize windows in the glass shelf (if only I knew japanese). Which makes me want to say again, it's crazy how much fanservice they put into this game.
(quote from somewhere: this isn't just a great and fun game, it isn't just going to be a total success for Nintendo and Wii, and it won't be only breaking a lot of sales records. It's a celebration to gaming history contributed by much of the gaming community. And collaboration of such magnitude won't happen again for some time... until the next SB at least~).

Also got into a lot more vs mode with my cousin and 2 CPUs. (nearly tried the whole roster)
Made him go "WTF!" when I opened the 'Nintendog' helper! That's gonna be one of my best moments ever in gaming. \^_^/

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 03:11:50 AM »
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Sells 1M in Japan (from Gamespy):
http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/super-smash-bros-wii/851505p1.html

Also check out the 1000+ screenshots if you haven't. :P

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 07:45:23 PM »
[youtube=425,350]bT7zsYGLW1k[/youtube]
lol, poor Wolf

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »
^haha that's pretty funny. sucks for him.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
^^ Lol...indeed sucks for wolf. What a horrible way to lose D:

Almost time for smash to come out in the US >.<! I think I'm gonna reserve it this week ^^

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 07:46:35 AM »
I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon. With luck I should have a few days to practice before my SSBB party on March 15.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - You Know That