JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Koe

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 318676 times)

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2008, 01:30:56 PM »
Haha..if I haven't asked that the announcement was a marriage ceremony, I will be laughing so hard at the end..Good that they are finally official:D Yeah! Updates!

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #361 on: June 10, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »
i really wish it could be a wedding announcement... but... it's not in the cards...

... i think i won't be able to post an update tonight... i have a lot of assigned readings for thursday...

to everyone, i'm sorry if i'm keeping you in suspense... school is a really effective brake to a speedy update...

although you guys have probably been used to about 5 updates in a day... for the time being, i might have to reduce it to 1 update every couple of days... i'm really sorry... really...

please keep on reading this fic... i will update whenever time permits me...

SALAMAT! (THANKS!)

and

MAHAL KO KAYONG LAHAT (I LOVE YOU ALL)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 02:16:27 PM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #362 on: June 10, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
My heart stops beating when I read that you are updating once in a couple of days! :cry:

Ok, I understand that..the troubles of a student :( I will keep on posting and will slow down towards the end of the week. There's something else that I want to write about before I slow down...

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #363 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
we may not like it but we accept and we will keep on supporting u and this lovely IshiYoshi couple :heart: Don't worry about it dearest! *hug*

Maybe we'll get some short Surprise Filipino lessons instead ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:10:22 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #364 on: June 10, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »
WHOOOO! They are officially a couple!!!! That's the best! But I'm concerned with Yossy's dad. I can feel it, he's gonna do something and all the happy will be gone.... :(

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #365 on: June 10, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
... i can't stop myself from updating... i don't want to leave you guys sad... so this is the last update among the speedy updates... i hope this makes up for the time that i will be making slow updates...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #3.5

Mai, Ayumi and Ayaka went off to one side of the room leaving Hitomi and Rika puzzled.

Mai looked back at them. “Don’t you dare move from those chairs!” Rika and Hitomi froze at hearing the firmness in Mai’s tone.

The three huddled and started whispering. Rika tried to eavesdrop as she was closer to them than Hitomi. Although she did catch some words, they did not make sense to her. They seemed to have arrived at an agreement, nodded and broke up the huddle. Ayaka walked to the table and faced the couple. “Now that you’re a couple, there may be things that you should know about each other… things that you would not be comfortable to talk about… so… as your friends… we have decided to be your spokeswomen!”

Rika and Hitomi were lost. “…spokeswomen…?”

“Yes…”

Mai and Ayaka approached Rika. “By our discretion, we will spill information about she whom we love and serve, Yoshiko…”

By your discretion? “Nooooooooooooooo…”

“Try to stop us, Yoshiko… Hold on to your seat, Rika-chan…” The two pushed the seat Rika was sitting on like a cart, taking her out of Hitomi’s office and into Ayaka’s.

Hitomi was just about to stand up to follow them when Ayumi stood in her path. “Yo-san, by my agreement to Mai and Ayaka, I need to keep you here… and as Rika’s friend, I want to talk to you…”

Hitomi resigned. “Alright…”

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #366 on: June 10, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »
AHHHHHH
THATS NOT A FAIR ENDING
Although I must admit that whole little announcement was cute...
But I must know more about Rikanow!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2008, 05:23:05 PM »
^... okay... ... this is THE LAST... i mean it now... as in REALLY...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1(reset counters)

Ayumi stood in front of Hitomi, across the desk. “First, I want to ask you… Are you really in love with Rika?”

Hitomi closed her eyes and saw only Rika. “Yes…”

“I want you to be sure of that… I will not let you break her heart…”

“I will never break her—”

“Don’t say things you cannot fulfill… ”

“Well then… I will never break her heart.”

“Be sure of that…”

“I am sure…”

“Yo-san, you might need to know this: you are her first “boy”friend but she has been engaged before…”

Hitomi froze. Rika, engaged?

“Do not worry about it as the family of her fiancé called it off…”

Hitomi was still silent sending a clear message to Ayumi that she wanted to hear more.

“Rika’s father raised her to be a wife… a back-up plan in case the business fails… a consolidation for any alliance... especially after her sisters died… Uncle Yoichi thought of sending her to a finishing school… etiquette and home-making.  But she didn’t want that… she insisted to continue going to school… she always aced exams in the hopes that her father would change his mind… piano playing was the only hobby  her father approved of… when we were playing for the school tennis team, he always teased her about varicose veins showing on her legs. Although his tone was humorous, we both knew he wanted her to stop.”

“Who was the guy she was supposed to marry?”

“It might come as a shock to you... or maybe not... a person as high in esteem as you could only have a predecessor from the same level... ... Former Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro-san’s son, Kotaro… He and Rika were childhood friends… We grew up in the same town… I was never really friends with him… I only see him when he’s with Rika…”

I think I've met him before... “Why was the engagement called off?”

“One: Rika disappeared from Japan, and they did not bother to find her because of reason number two: Ishikawa family was deeply in debt…and three: Rika stopped seeing him after her father died. Because Kotaro’s family was helpless when CorPrint started falling apart despite his father's position in government. The former prime minister wanted to keep their private life and their public life apart, which is really ironic considering the fact that they were made to date each other for business and political purposes.”

“It seems Rika and I have a lot in common…”

“You with Fujimoto-san?”

“Yes…”

“Ayaka and Mai told me about that… the difference between Rika and you is that Rika almost gave in to the arrangement… You are lucky that Matsuura-san was there… Less guilt on your part… Fujimoto-san had somebody else… But Rika… she almost genuinely fell for the guy… but he failed her… Yo-san… don’t fail Rika… please… she doesn’t deserve that… she deserves to be happy...”

Ka-chan… I promise you… I will do everything in my power to make you and keep you happy…

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: June 10, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
^... okay... ... this is THE LAST... i mean it now... as in REALLY...

*sighs*
fiiiiiine
Even though I desperately want more...
fiiiine
haha maybe I will be able to study for my exam now without distractions...
oh wait thats impossible XD

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2008, 07:47:38 PM »
kotaro... he broke rika heart!!  :shifty:

but it isn't so bad, now she has Yossy  :shy2:

conserve water!!  :hiakhiakhiak:

now you've to study!  XD

waiting next chapter!! (not so soon... remember, study!  XD)

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #370 on: June 11, 2008, 05:29:53 AM »
I can understand..sometimes writing just becomes an addiction just like Maki to Starbucks :lol: Study hard!  :D

The last bit about the trash talk is pretty funny..I just hope they don't go overboard with the questions :D

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2008, 05:47:38 AM »
Whoa, Rika was engaged to the prime minister's son? We all know Yossy's gonna treat her fine! :yep:
PS: Just a hunch, but did you get the prime minister's son thing from that rumor that she was going out with him in real life?

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2008, 06:13:09 AM »
^actually, i get a lot of material from real life...

including that rumor about rika dating the ex-prime minister's son... they come from the same town too... ...

i just mangle and twist them up a bit to fit the story... koizumi in real life was prime minister in the time the fictional downfall of Ishikawa CorPrint happened... :lol: ... that dude, kotaro, is in gokusen 3... :lol: random trivia...

like in an earlier chapter, in the japanese restaurant when ayaka and rika went out shopping... Rika ordered for shiratama dumplings with red beans which the real life rika really loves...*

and that Rika used to live by the sea... that's based in real life too... their house in Kanagawa really is by the sea*

and the pinky-coffee cup habit thing... it's a real ishikawa family habit...*

*source: morning musume 100% Japan re-discovery interview

glad you noticed!

sadly, still no updates... no eye blinding inspiration appearing here...

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
sadly, still no updates... no eye blinding inspiration appearing here...

NOOOOOO
I got really excited when I saw that you had posted...but it wasn't an update *cries*

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2008, 06:45:20 AM »
^sorry to disappoint you but i will post an update later... an eye blinding flash of inspiration came out of nowhere and hit me on the head. literally...

i don't have enough time to whip up something now so... later... okay? when i get home

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2008, 08:13:40 AM »
*AYAKA, MAI, AND SHIBA-CHAN MAKING YOSSI MAKE "THE ANNOUNCEMENT"*
:lol:

Ayaka/Mai/Shiba-chan = :wriggly:
Yossi/Rika = :mon sweat:

“Now that you’re a couple, there may be things that you should know about each other… things that you would not be comfortable to talk about… so… as your friends… we have decided to be your spokeswomen!”
Huh? :hip blink:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh this could get very interesting.  :grin:

“Try to stop us, Yoshiko… Hold on to your seat, Rika-chan…” The two pushed the seat Rika was sitting on like a cart, taking her out of Hitomi’s office and into Ayaka’s.
Rika = :dunno:
Ayaka/Mai =  :mon fyeah:

Hitomi was just about to stand up to follow them when Ayumi stood in her path. “Yo-san, by my agreement to Mai and Ayaka, I need to keep you here… and as Rika’s friend, I want to talk to you…”

Hitomi resigned. “Alright…”
Shiba-chan's going to take on the "parental" role for Rika and have "that talk" with the suitor who wants to date her?  O0

I kinda find myself hoping that she'll tell Yossi more about what happened with Rika's father's company. It would probably help Yossi understand/figure out exactly what Jin did to them.

“Yo-san, you might need to know this: you are her first “boy”friend but she has been engaged before…”

Hitomi froze. Rika, engaged?
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!?

Yossi =  :stunned:

“Do not worry about it as the family of her fiancé called it off…”
Did this happen before or after the business went under?

And...was the marriage something that Rika wanted at the time?

“Who was the guy she was supposed to marry?”

“It might come as a shock to you... or maybe not... a person as high in esteem as you could only have a predecessor from the same level... ... Former Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro-san’s son, Kotaro… He and Rika were childhood friends… We grew up in the same town… I was never really friends with him… I only see him when he’s with Rika…”
Oh come on...:err:

“Why was the engagement called off?”

“One: Rika disappeared from Japan, and they did not bother to find her because of reason number two: Ishikawa family was deeply in debt…and three: Rika stopped seeing him after her father died. Because Kotaro’s family was helpless when CorPrint started falling apart despite his father's position in government. The former prime minister wanted to keep their private life and their public life apart, which is really ironic considering the fact that they were made to date each other for business and political purposes.”
So then, they were paired up by their parents more for business/political reasons instead of doing the BF/GF rabu-rabu thing?

the difference between Rika and you is that Rika almost gave in to the arrangement… You are lucky that Matsuura-san was there… Less guilt on your part… Fujimoto-san had somebody else… But Rika… she almost genuinely fell for the guy… but he failed her… Yo-san… don’t fail Rika… please… she doesn’t deserve that… she deserves to be happy...”
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that sucks. Poor Rika. He never really cared for her the way she did for him. :cry:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
So does this means they'll tell Rika about what Yoshi's father did in the next chapter? Or will we hear more about Rika and her family...which really puts a damper on my spirits, even on a good day. And makes horrible days worser.
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
@JFC: they both have soooooo much past(s) (:lol: grammar) to runaway from  :mon runcry:

@sweeety: today... maybe not... i don't want to dampen anyone's spirits... today.

i have only one update for today... and... here it is!!!! i hope you guys like it...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #2

Ayaka and Mai pushed Rika, who was still on the chair to the middle of the room. They each took a chair for themselves and positioned them side-by-side in front of Rika.

Ayaka sat down and placed her hands on her knees. “Rika-chan… you understand what you are getting yourself into, don’t you?”

Although Rika did understand, she wanted Ayaka to be specific. “What do you mean?”

“Yoshiko’s life isn’t as simple as any other person’s life.” Mai leaned in a bit closer to Rika, establishing eye contact with her.

“I know…”

“Are you ready to be the most important person in that complicated life?”

The most important person… Rika was silent.

“Rika-chan, this is the first time we have seen Yoshiko like this. Yes, she has dated so many girls before but she never smiled at them the way she smiles at you. You matter most to her right now…”

“And she means the world to me…”

Ayaka took both of Rika's hands “And to us as well… that is why we want to know if you’re willing to give up everything for her…”

I don’t really have anything to begin with…

Mai stood up from her chair and walked about. “… There are many things that you should know now that you are who you are to her.” She looked back at Ayaka who gave her a decisive nod.

Mai walked to the desk on the one side of the room. “First, there are times that she does not come home at all and spend the whole night in the office. These past weeks, she became a bit lax about doing overtime work because she wants to spend time with you. But before, she even sleeps in the office… sometimes, she doesn’t even sleep…”

“I understand her position and responsibilities… I will understand if she doesn't come home to me at night...”

Ayaka squeezed Rika's hands. “That’s exactly what we expected to hear from you… but really… what we want you to do is to make her come home to you every night… make her rest… she needs rest… what she has done for this company cost her three years of sleepless nights…”

Rika was a bit surprised at Ayaka’s request.

“We know it is strange for us to ask this from you… but... you’re the only one who makes her want to come home like that...”

Rika remained silence but the look in her face told Ayaka and Mai that she would grant them their request.

Mai turned from them and walked towards the glass wall in the office. She looked down at the city before turning back to them. “Second, there is a group of who are working for Yoshiko outside the company. They are called the Eyes. We don’t know who they really are and how Yoshiko found them. It seems that she’s the only one who knows. They are the best team out there. Almost every businessman and politician has them on speed dial but they don’t know that the Eyes work for Yoshiko. Rika-chan, we want you to be careful…”

The serious tone which Mai used in telling her that made Rika nervous. Is Hicchan in danger because of me?

Mai walked back to the chair beside Ayaka but did not sit down. “They do not work for Yoshiko alone. They are known as an independent agency. Sometimes, they are paid to spy on Yoshiko, herself. Although they usually give her a heads up and sometimes they even plot with her against her enemies, but if the price is right, the best they can do is to stall their client and warn Yoshiko. We fear that you might become a target as well… especially by Uncle Jin.”

To-chan’s father? “Ayaka, Mai … I hope it is alright for me to ask you… ... ... why does Hicchan get so angry when she sees her father?”
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 05:46:45 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
LOL! You left it hanging!  XD Nice to see you posting around again..the forum is empty without you!  :)

The Eyes? Ok, I understand more about them from this chapter..it seems as though they have the ability to backstab Yossi but from what happened earlier, it seemed that The Eyes didn't want to backstab Yossi..oh well..but with her dad, it might be another story (wonder if I make sense..did too much math earlier  :angry:)

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2008, 02:54:59 PM »
^... you still make sense.... ... to me...

hah! i don't have math anymore!!!

please watch out for the next updates... hopefully this week...

JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Koe