JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - The Black Rose

Author Topic: Let's Play PoupeeGirl  (Read 105627 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: Let's Play PoupeeGirl
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »
^
That is absolutely gorgeous! And the rabbit is a perfect accessory for it! It does come across as sort of Alice in Wonderland-y :D

I'm really unsure about whether I should get a dress or not. 500 ribbons is a big commitment! XD Are there more ribbon items slated for release, or have we seen all the regular items now (just waiting for limiteds)? All the different release dates kind of confuse me @_@;
I do quite like the look of Unipue ruffled dress/10F, but the big bow at the top looks rather ridiculous X_X

I will probably splurge on accessories, though :D And I'm doing my best at tracking down a cheap pair of these earrings from the amusement park event

Can't believe I forgot to buy them when the event was up T_T Uuugh.

And hey, I just received my 220R reimbursement from the time maintenance took ages :D What a nice little bonus, yay!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
I think there are still 3 ribbon items coming up (probably a dress + accessories)? Last year the last dress they added was also the most expensive one :lol:
Maybe it's safer to wait a little more :3 I hope the last items go up tomorrow! No idea when they actually do...

OMG those earrings, exactly the same thing here. But I doubt I'll try to find them at least for now, too lazy :lol:

EDIT:

My pupe is now BLONDE :rofl: http://pupe.ameba.jp/profile/fLkaH2BIP94b/
It will take a bit of getting used to... :lol:
I wanted a huge change.. I want one every time I change hairstyle lol

I think if previously my pupe looked 'sexy', now she looks loli :lol:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:20:24 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
My poor neglected pupe~ She needs new clothes, all the things I have now are blah and don't go very well together

http://pupe.ameba.jp/profile/qWifwEn6EMPy/

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2010, 05:23:49 AM »
EDIT:

My pupe is now BLONDE :rofl: http://pupe.ameba.jp/profile/fLkaH2BIP94b/
It will take a bit of getting used to... :lol:
I wanted a huge change.. I want one every time I change hairstyle lol

I think if previously my pupe looked 'sexy', now she looks loli :lol:

It's really cute~! *sutekied* It's the same hairstyle mine has but mine is black  :P

I just got the 220r bonus too! :w00t:  Used it to buy the wedding ring that makes cute hearts float out  :heart:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2010, 12:29:05 AM »

... I thought the horn was a glitch at first, but no. It's an actual item. horn1/10E o_o; Anyone know where's it's from?

So what did you guys think of the fact that they made the traditional Japanese wedding gear jewel piyo catcher only? T_T; UNFAIR! And I still haven't decided whether I should get a dress or not. Poupee-life is hard :(

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2010, 02:31:21 AM »
<bartender_bot> under the door handle stick up her poupee, post clothes, or do I

what have you done to my bot?

You guys need to stop making my pupe look so lame! :panic:

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2010, 02:39:45 AM »
^ Wtf XD  That sounds like the other crazy bot (forgot his name O_O, the one who speaks super randomness...), not the bartender bot!   :shocked

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »
... I thought the horn was a glitch at first, but no. It's an actual item. horn1/10E o_o; Anyone know where's it's from?
It's from a pyo catcher, there was also one with two horns :3
It was a ribbon catcher so you might still find some for somewhat decent price at the market XD

RE: Jewel June Bride catcher: I do think it was crappy that they made it jewel catcher only, but even if it wasn't jewel catcher, it would probably still be jewel only so *shrug* :/
I was lucky with the June Bride jewel catcher, I only wanted to play once because it's so expensive and got the item I liked best which is the black Japanese wedding dress :heart: If it wasn't that expensive, and not catcher only, I'd probably buy more items than that though

Rei-chan, the random bot = moob? XD

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
Well, they could at the very least have made a no-effort, kind of okay-ish wedding kimono for us ribbon whores too XDDD But yeah, they really are pushing jewel items more and more :/ I wonder how long it'll be until it'll be completely useless to play if you don't have jewels...

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2010, 06:38:39 PM »
I only played the Jewel catcher once.... luckily I got the black kimono....

Definitely don't want to play it again.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »
Rei-chan, the random bot = moob? XD

YES!! MOOB! Thank you! XD  I had the name at the tip of my tongue but it just wouldn't come to me...  :sweatdrop:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »
I finally bought one of the June Bride dresses, but no matter what I do, the snapshot won't save as long as I wear that dress ;_; Typical. Looks like I won't be able to capture this dress with the event background, but hopefully the dress will work once the background are back to normal. I "cheat" though, by snapping a regular snapshot, and then changing into the dress I want. Even if the dress up page fails to save your dress up as a snapshot, you'll still appear wearing those last worn items in your MyHome 8]

I've had this problem with a couple of other items as well, more noticeably on large items (the huge jacket dress from the History of the Middle Ages-event) but also on completely random event items, like the sweets lace skirt!

Anyone else have this problem? Not being able to wear certain event items until the event background is down? ;_; I think it's most likely got something to do with the flash and the way my browser handles it. Though I've had this problem with both Safari and Firefox, so wtf.

So here, a screenshot, since I won't be able to take a proper poupee snap! T_T

Btw, I love the level of details on these event backgrounds! :heart: This cake looks delicious

Macarons! And a chocolate card~ awww sweet!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »
Ooooh awesome!! I hadn't noticed the details on the cake!  :twothumbs

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
THIS NEVER FAILS. I spend all my ribbons on stuff I'm not really sure I want, and then.. AWESOME EVNT TIME ;____;

Piyo in MyHome is now HUGE! Hahahaha. Such a fun detail for them to think of XD Anyway, the items for this event aren't that expensive compared to the June Bride items, and they'll be up until September so.... hopefully I'll be able to get everything I want <,<;

Of course there's also a new (ribbon!) catcher to go with the new event. Uuugh. Happy ribbon-spending everyone!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #294 on: July 05, 2010, 09:53:32 AM »
BREAKING NEWS! A hot tip spotted at the Poupeegirl LiveJournal community.

Did you know that there's a PLATINUM SECRET ROOM on poupee? :O

Try asking Piyo in poupeetown square where it's at ;D

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #295 on: July 06, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
^ Hey thanks twiss!! Totally would've missed it cuz I can't go back ALL the poupeegirl LJ posts I missed :lol:

So expensive though, I don't think I'll get anything D:

Fairy event!!!
The 15-y-o me would be thrilled for wings XD But I bought wings once from Kaela shop and hardly ever used them, so I know better than to buy wings now haha

I had to buy Lily of the valley's lump because a) it glows, and b) these flowers used to grow on our yard in our old house :3
And I got the heart bow because it's kinda epic, and if I never use it maybe it will sell ok XD
And I got the black tail from jewel section because it can be fun for dress ups weehee
And I got three catcher items from the market so far, the heart stick, knife and the bug head thing, cheap :heart:

Oops just bought the yellow fairy tights too :lol: This is a fun event ^___^

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2010, 01:30:03 PM »
Summer Rock Festival Event YAHE

ribbon items http://pupe.ameba.jp/community/shop/1010/161/
jewel items http://pupe.ameba.jp/community/shop/1020/160/

My ribbon review:
The sneakers are cute ^^ And I got the yellow towel because it makes me think of Aichan (whose colour is yellow)
The lip hair pins are fun!
Some of the stuff on page 1 is so ugly. :lol:
Overpriced water bottles remind me too much of Helsinki & airports so I won't get one :lol:

Jewel review: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! I got me a mic stand because it's fun. But now I don't have enough jewels to get the blue guitar, which is AWESOOOMMMEE
Angry's colour, too :O ...But luckily it's not a limited item, maybe I'll get more jewels another month and buy it then :3 They're up until September!
Oh no! The colourful striped socks are too cute... So I gave in and bought a pair haha T_T

I've seen a lot of complaints about this event but my only complaint really is that the guitars are jewels only and that there are no ribbon limiteds...

I think there are enough fun items to make this event worthy XD

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #297 on: July 15, 2010, 05:14:42 AM »
I agree with the jewel-only guitar complaints :(   I want guitars and mic stands, but can't afford jewels this month T_T  They could've added less cool ribbon ones for us too, the meanies....

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »
Poupeegirl has branched out and made a spin-off game on facebook! It's actually kind of fun xD;

The concept is that in addition to having a girl to dress up, you also run a store! The girl you get to dress up on the facebook app is your store manager. All the clothes you order for your store will be available for your store manager to wear, even when the clothing is out of stock in your store. You connect with friends and help them keep their stores clean (wtf xD;;; ), and buying clothes from friends' stores is cheaper than buying them through the official channels.

Why not give it a go? :D

Poupee Boutique

It's kind of tricky, though because the items you have on display in your store have a time limit! After a certain amount of time, they'll turn into little sacks of gold... and then you need to buy new items to display in your store :lol: xD; Also what items you can buy/wear/display depends on your level! D: Weird, but fun! Haha. I'm not high enough level to have my store manager wear shoes 8D

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2010, 06:02:02 AM »
I installed it when SexyBeam invited me, but havent played since that day XD Should check it out again soon  :P

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - The Black Rose